Spiderweb Demographics 2008

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Spiderweb Demographics 2008
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #100
quote:
Diplomacy is part of a president's job. Electing someone who won't give unsolicited backrubs to the Chancellor of Germany would be a good start.
But we already get too few opportunities to laugh at her as it is. :P
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #101
What we need is a president that would have told that frau to sit back and enjoy. Ja, das ist gut. Du hast das gern, ja? We are the United States, if we want to give a back rub to someone else's head of state, they had best remain silent and be thankful.

--------------------
You lose.
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #102
I agree. I believe world leaders should grow much closer.

IMAGE(http://www.conspiracynews.net/images/23662-22547/howard_bush.jpg)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #103
Yeah, but I want one that isn't a coward. Come on, fleeing to Iraq in the middle of the night in secrecy to avoid Thanksgiving dinner with your parents. We know George W. gets his nastiness from his mother. Poor Laura was trapped there with her.
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #104
I agree. George Bush was a complete and total coward.

http://www.pleasurecaptains.com/
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #105
I don't think he's a coward, just...

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #106
I get in more than enough political arguments already, or I might venture to disagree. He's not perfect, but he doesn't deserve half the hate so many people have for him.

Oh, and another thing. A coward would not have stood up to the terrorists like Bush has, especially with the knowledge that he would have to resist the liberal media as well. Call him names if you like, but coward is the wrong one.

...so much for not getting in arguments...

--------------------
Love is the movement.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #107
Personal cowardice is draft dodging, although I don't actually object to anyone getting out of a senseless, vicious, wrong war. Choosing to attack the wartime valor of those who did serve afterwards is despicable, though.

Standing up to terrorists doesn't take courage. Bush isn't really in much personal danger from it, after all, and he enjoyed immense international support in doing so. The "liberal media" has never objected to fighting terrorism except in its lunatic fringe. Botching the war on terror by confusing it with a war in Iraq lost him goodwill and everything but the conservative media.

[Edit: I didn't fail to remove a double negative.]

—Alorael, who doesn't think the line between standing up for one's convictions courageously and being idiotically, stubbornly single-minded in pursuit of the wrong goals is particularly fine.

[ Thursday, February 07, 2008 12:30: Message edited by: Flak to ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #108
quote:
Originally written by Flak to:

—Alorael, who doesn't think the line between standing up for one's convictions courageously and being idiotically, stubbornly single-minded in pursuit of the wrong goals isn't particularly fine.
Ah, but it is. It's all a matter of opinion, is it not? What one person considers a hill worth dying on, another may easily consider bull and ridicule them for it.

Who besides the terrorists are we fighting in Iraq, anyway? Also, the government has a lot of info the average American doesn't. For instance, there's this little fact.

Edit: I just remembered this article.

[ Wednesday, February 06, 2008 20:16: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
Love is the movement.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #109
I love it when people drag foxnews.com into a "discussion." It's the last gasp.

If you can provide multiple sources, all pointing at the same thing, then it becomes believable. Much like Bush, when he heard from so many people that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. Oh wait.

The reason people hate Bush is because the war in Iraq was not necessary, and was an act of treason against the United States of America. He ordered American troops to invade a sovereign nation because they may or may not have possessed something that the United States of America possesses many times over. His actions have harmed the American people by allowing the pressure on Osama Bin Laden to be relieved for six straight years now. George Bush is a coward for not completely that difficult task, and instead creating a new enemy which was easily defeated. George Bush is a traitor, and should be put in front of a firing squad for his crimes of high treason against the Constitution of the United States of America. Anyone that understood what the American flag actually represented should also understand that.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #110
The problem with Iraq is that the terrorists weren't there until we went in and created an environment that fostered terror. Saddam was not kind to Al Qaeda. Also, I think I'm one of the few people who was against the war at the beginning but believes that we can't set a timetable for withdrawal now.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #111
Bush is right that the Iraq War isn't Vietnam, it's worse. There we could abandon the people that depended upon us and pull out without noticeable damage to the US. Now we have created a new terrorist breeding ground filled with those that came from Afghanistan as well as those that hate us for the Iraq occupation.

Bush is a coward for not facing the difficult war in Afghanistan to completely stamp out terrorism there and rebuild the country. The government barely controls the area outside the capital and the terrorists can freely enter the country to drag out the war. All these years since 9/11 and we don't really have enough to show for it that's positive. All that hasn't happened is a significant terrorist incident in the US since they can do more damage outside the US with little interference.
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #112
quote:
QB]Bush is a coward[/QB]
The word coward can be replaced with the word idiot and still have the same meaning. Its just plain idiocy.

--------------------
"The President finally had what he wanted. The President had a planet. All to himself." -A Planet For The President
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #113
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

IMAGE(http://stylusmagazine.com/pbw/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/Kool-AidMan.jpg)
FYT

[ Thursday, February 07, 2008 00:21: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #114
It takes balls to lie to billions of people on a daily basis. The man is no coward.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #115
The U.S. hasn't had any justifiable right to invade any territory since the 1940's. And in this case, I agree completely with Salmon. Not only is Bush unconstitutional, he's allowed the executive branch to have more and more power over congress, to the point that they don't even suggest impeachment. PBS actually hosted a poll a year ago: 53% wanted Cheney impeached, 43% Bush. However, a poll on PBS isn't an accurate portrayal of the American public as a whole.

The media, or Bush, or whatever it is has done a great job causing the average American to believe that the terrorists from 9/11 were from Iraq, or sometimes Afghanistan. In reality they were from Saudi Arabia and Egypt. People also have this idea that all Muslims are terrorists, but in fact, those are a small faction called the Muslim extremists.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #116
quote:
It takes balls to lie to billions of people on a daily basis. The man is no coward.
Ifwhiteamericatoldthetruthforonedayit'sworldwouldfallapart

Or so I've heard.

[ Thursday, February 07, 2008 07:47: Message edited by: Redstart ]
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #117
The problem with the Saddam-Al Qaeda connection is that it doesn't even make sense if you know the first thing about the status of the Middle East. Saddam was a secular dictator, not like the theocrats in Iran. Al Qaeda is a religious extremist group attempting to create religious government in all predominantly Islamic countries. If Al Qaeda had its way, Saddam Hussein would have been overthrown, and he knew it. So it would not have made much sense for him to help them.

If they had any sort of collusion, it was limited and uncomfortable, not close and continuous.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #118
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

No, all it takes is being isolated with yes men so you don't hear the criticism for doing it wrong. Look at the deer in headlights shock on Bush's face at the Coretta Scott King funeral where he finally got to hear how the opposition felt about his policies. The man spend his time with blinders on so he doesn't see anything wrong.

Now you actually listen to the criticism.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #119
Let me put my opinion of Bush in a few words.

**** BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ Thursday, February 07, 2008 17:57: Message edited by: Epochsy ]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #120
quote:
Originally written by Xel'Raga the Slaughtering Omnimoose:

Let me put my opinion of Bush in a few words.

**** BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Its such baseless hatred in the youth that makes me happy there's an age limit on voting. Bush is not considerably great, but he's not worthy of half of the hatred he gets. Why he invaded Iraq is beyond me, and sure he could have been better prepared for Katrina, but in other sections he's done an okay job. On a whole, with pluses like invading Afghanistan*, he only scores a minor negative two or so on my scale**.

*Not really a plus, but we actually did some good there. Bin Laden was there, and we also fought against the Taliban. That's at least a plus in my book.
**Zero is neutral, ten is legendary, negative ten is the anti-Christ.

EDIT: Also, CoC much?

[ Thursday, February 07, 2008 15:05: Message edited by: Goldenking ]

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #121
Now, now, Goldy, don't be generalizing here. Nalyd would add a general unlikeability to your statement, as well as the No Child Left Behind act and not cleaning up properly after Katrina, among others, bringing his score down to about -3.5.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Apprentice
Member # 13905
Profile #122
Gee, there's no Absurdist option? What a bunch of cultural barbarians! I sort of want to ask if Absurdism is a religion, but after reading the first page of this thread...
Warrior
Member # 6096
Profile Homepage #123
(On the original topic:)

Many commies I know would answer "social freedom, economic control" and so did I.

[ Thursday, February 07, 2008 16:03: Message edited by: *Milu* ]
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #124
Welcome to Spiderweb, please leave your sanity at the door.

--------------------
Ornk Meat and Guacamole --------- $6.00
Gazer Tentacle Stew -------------- $10.00
=:T:=

Pages