You saw this thread coming!!!

Error message

  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: You saw this thread coming!!!
Apprentice
Member # 12221
Profile #0
What was your favorite musical piece used at the beginning of any Spiderweb game ever made?!?

My favorite is Geneforge. :D
Posts: 12 | Registered: Thursday, November 29 2007 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
Mine is definitely Avernum 2.

"Eye in the Sky" would be a suitable theme for Geneforge...not like Jeff has that kind of money, however.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Posts: 1384 | Registered: Tuesday, February 6 2007 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #2
Most people like Avernum II's music because they are so white. I personally don't think it makes sense to have an electric guitar in a fantasy setting.

Geneforge II, in fact, has the best music.

--------------------
You lose.
Posts: 2156 | Registered: Thursday, August 24 2006 07:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #3
Hee. Chappelle. So funny.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Posts: 1636 | Registered: Wednesday, January 5 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
because they are so white.
Anything else and it would've been a hate crime.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Posts: 1384 | Registered: Tuesday, February 6 2007 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
If you would have watched the link, you would have found that there was plenty of "anything else" included.

--------------------
You lose.
Posts: 2156 | Registered: Thursday, August 24 2006 07:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #6
I've seen that segment many times before, but I said that nonetheless.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Posts: 1384 | Registered: Tuesday, February 6 2007 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
I can't really say. All of them are good.

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
Muffins n' Hell: The End is Near
Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful criticism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

Just so you know, I am working on Muffins n' Hell the scenario.
Posts: 1799 | Registered: Sunday, February 4 2007 08:00
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #8
I may start dancing when I hear Avernum 2's intro, but we all know what Tully does when he hears Geneforge 2.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Posts: 1169 | Registered: Monday, September 23 2002 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
A2 and G1.

G2 might have made Dikiyoba's list, but not now. Thanks a lot, Andraste.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Posts: 4346 | Registered: Friday, December 23 2005 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #10
IMAGE(http://tyranicus.dreamhosters.com/G6000.bmp)

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RP • Summaries • OoC • Roster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Posts: 1556 | Registered: Sunday, November 20 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #11
The title...it's so ironic.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Posts: 1384 | Registered: Tuesday, February 6 2007 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #12
Hmm. Let's see. . . The Geneforge 4 music was good, as was G3. . . We'll say G4, but it's close with A2.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Posts: 1636 | Registered: Wednesday, January 5 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #13
Exile I intro. Also BoE intro.

Tyranicus's music database

[ Sunday, January 13, 2008 00:26: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Posts: 1104 | Registered: Monday, March 10 2003 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
I like A2's intro, but Nethergate wins.

—Alorael, who would like a full-length piece based on that. With bagpipes. Seriously.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
The Bach Fugue in E1! It would win if only midi were not unilaterally awful when compared to normal music.

As it is, I like Nethergate's and A2's best.

The only opening music I didn't like was that of GF2. Too repetitive...

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
Encyclopedia • Blades Forge • Archives • Stats • RSS (This Topic / Forum) • Blog • NaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Posts: 8752 | Registered: Wednesday, May 14 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #16
I like a lot of them actually, so I'll state which ones I don't like:

GF1, 3, 4 and Avernum 3, BoA and Avernum 4.

Of the ones I do like, I think Nethergate is pretty close to the winner, followed closely by Avernum 1 and 2, and after that GF2. I like the stuff that's slightly depressing (Avernum 1 and 2), but what I really like is the marching troops sort of sound of Nethergate. It's basically the drums that does it.

Mind you, I always felt that the intro music for Avernum 2 does not match the intro picture.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Posts: 3029 | Registered: Saturday, June 18 2005 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #17
Nethergate is the best, but Exile 3 is good too. I think the one that best suits the game is Avernum 1.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - mouths open to tongues that vibrated.
Posts: 2864 | Registered: Monday, September 8 2003 07:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #18
Considering there is only one game's intro music I can ever remember at any point in time, no matter how long ago I played it, that game wins by default.

Nethergate for the win!

As for A2, I remember I didn't like the intro, at all. Geneforge IV was good as well, as I can remember it in a positive light... but that's probably because I played it so much.

How's the Avernum 5 music?

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"To fly, throw yourself at the ground and miss." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Posts: 1186 | Registered: Friday, June 18 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #19
I love Nethergate music, personally.

But maybe Avernum 5's will blow me away. Too bad I don't have a Mac...
*twitches*

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Posts: 1287 | Registered: Thursday, August 14 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #20
All the Avernums and G3. I actually like A1 best.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Posts: 458 | Registered: Friday, August 6 2004 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by
—Alorael, who would like a full-length piece based on that. With bagpipes. Seriously.
Man, that would be great.
Posts: 353 | Registered: Monday, January 9 2006 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 12221
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

I like a lot of them actually, so I'll state which ones I don't like:

GF1, 3, 4 and Avernum 3, BoA and Avernum 4.

Of the ones I do like, I think Nethergate is pretty close to the winner, followed closely by Avernum 1 and 2, and after that GF2. I like the stuff that's slightly depressing (Avernum 1 and 2), but what I really like is the marching troops sort of sound of Nethergate. It's basically the drums that does it.

Mind you, I always felt that the intro music for Avernum 2 does not match the intro picture.

picky picky picky. . . :cool:

Also, I would call the bagpipe tune DEATH TO EARDRUMS!!!!!

[ Sunday, January 13, 2008 15:12: Message edited by: simply712 ]
Posts: 12 | Registered: Thursday, November 29 2007 08:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

Tyranicus's music database
With that, I say A4, G2, G3, and G4 are good, but Nethergate still holds prize. That did jog my memory a bit though, so thanks.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"To fly, throw yourself at the ground and miss." -The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Posts: 1186 | Registered: Friday, June 18 2004 07:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #24
German bagpipes are far superior to Scottish ones.

--------------------
You lose.
Posts: 2156 | Registered: Thursday, August 24 2006 07:00

Pages