The Vale RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Vale RP
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #25
Chapter 2
>1

Intrusive shafts of the sun's essence penetrated Ivanhoe's quarters. It's fervor provoked the unveiling of his eyes, an event soon proceeded by his awakening. However, the luminous benefactor of all Earth failed to activate his rational processes.

Accompanied by the sun's rays were the townsfolk pilfering the silence. The frequent bustling prodded Ivanhoe from his bed. Following long, sheepish moments, Ivanhoe left his bed chamber.

His ordeals the preceding day still ingrained burdensome stress on his mind. Tomorrow he would depart, but today he would fabricate his plans.
>>2
A dozen individuals sat in their positions about an oaken table. Above them granite arches witnessed the illuminated scene. Aside from the windows, nothing but apocrypha lay about the room.

Ivanhoe rose from his position. He stood stout, yet authoritative as he spoke, "As you are aware, I must embark on a journey to fulfill the quest that troubles me. Ahead of me are enemies and despair, exuberance and hope. However, refuse to depart without the accompaniment of fellow kind. Not only shall these two individuals be brazen and bold, they must also be fresh from their mother's womb."

The often tranquil conference room evolved into a slew of rapid murmurs. Eventually Cletus, the head farmer spoke above the discord, "Our thoughts vary greatly, but Ivanhoe has always demonstrated sound judgment as a leader. If he wishes two children to accompany him, than I say so be it."

Caledfwlch interjected, "Ivan, what troubles you to the verge of bringing children along? Has that fetid zombie capture the better of you?"

The congregation snickered covertly. Their merriness ended as Ivanhoe spoke, "I assure you that my reasons for this controversy are just. Our community possess but one individual skilled in melee and I feel that our defenses would benefit from a few more. In such a manner, these trained children can instruct more men in turn."

Ivanhoe left his seat and strode towards the exit. As the sun gazing through the window lost grasp of him Ivanhoe interjected the scene, "Celdfwlch shall administer mayoral duties during my absence."
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #26
It woke up, shocked. Then he realized where he was and relaxed. It was happy.

The farmer greeted him when It went downstairs, "Rest well? You've been asleep for 3 days! Well, from that tale you told us, I'm not surprised. Come and eat some more."

After they ate, the farmer talked some more, "We live slightly west of Edgeville. But we don't live in the town 'cause of the dumb name and all." It chuckled.

"Well", It said. "I wasn't Created with any skills. Do you think you could help me?" "Why sure friend! In return you can do some chores aroun' the house!"

So It began some training. The farmer didn't know much, but It didn't know anything. He could get better training latter on. After all, he needs to know how to defend himself.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #27
As the man followed the shade, he began thinking of what he should do. Will he submit to it in order to live a life of submissiveness? Or try to kill it even though it's futile? "Ach. Why didn't I hear about a lich in this hellhole?" The man said as he continued to follow the shade to lich's lair. After an hour of running and sweating, the two finally reached the castle lair. "Who knew there was a castle in this kind of place." The man stated as the shade guided him to the lich. The shade soon dispersed and the man faced the lich face to face.

"Human, what is your business here?" The lich asked the man. "I was just passing by, marveling the sight that is the Infernal Maze." The man said in a sarcastic tone. The lich felt that this human wasn't ordinary. "Human, what is your name?" The lich asked. "Korak, Jeran Korak, blue wanderer extraordinaire." The man stated. "As my messenger shade told you, I am the lich Dazzle Raz. Now that the introduction is done, do you mind telling your true intentions in coming here? The unsarcastic intentions if you may." The lich said. Jeran was surprised but did his best to hide it. "The lich..it's not attacking. Is this a trap? Damn! Where are his minions? I can't sense a thing except the lich!" The man thought. "I am well aware of your being uncomfortable in my presence." The lich said, seeming to have read the mind of Jeran. "Well, it's just. Liches have minions, and command the said minions to kill, raze, and cause utter chaos." Jeran said. "Are you saying that my purpose is to destroy and cause mayhem?" The lich retorted. "Erm. It's up to you big guy." Jeran said. There was an eerie silence when a small grumbling was heard. "It seems your are hungry, human Jeran. I shall prepare a feast for you, do you want to eat?" Dazzle asked. "Do I have a choice?" Jeran asked. "Yes, you do. You can go back to the maze if you want to." The lich said. "Eating sounds fine." Jeran answered. "Well then, shall we start?"

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #28
Jeran was mentally confused by now. His information on lich and all undead came from old books he had somehow appropriated from wherever possible. Lich were most certainly the vilest form of undeath, mad wizards or deranged sorcerers who chose to prolong their life at the expense of their soul.

On the other hand, most of those books had come from slightly less then reliable sources. But then again, this was the infernal maze..

He decided to follow the lich as it swept from the room. There were no visible guards here, but that said nothing. It could mean this lich was so powerful it had no need for guards, or they were invisible, or shades. The possibilities raced through his mind as he followed Dazzle.

They passed through a long hall, Crimson as the rest of the place. It was not a particularly unpleasant colour, and after the maze positively refreshing, but it was also…odd. This was either the maddest or sanest lich in the universe. Either way, he was likely to get his immortal head impaled on a pike in any “real” circle of lichdom.

So he followed the dread being through into the dining hall, here at least the artist had decided on a tasteful grey. Jeran stared up at the rafters for a second then noticed the food. A lot of it, surprisingly it was not the fare of the dead, who usually ate nothing at all or let the food rot for a few weeks so it was a state they could actually taste, but food that had actually been cooked and prepare. The lich either had very strange tastes or he entertained more guests then he let on.

“Sit” Dazzle said. Closer to Jeran noticed the faint whispering in the air, shades, their task (Probably bringing in the food) completed had faded out of corporeal existence into the planar realms. A normal human would never have been able to detect them; Jeran on the other hand was not only more experienced but blessed with his unusual heritage.

He eyed the impressive chair at the head of the table before choosing a simpler more suitable piece of woodwork a few places down. Dazzle watched for a moment while he unhooked his impressive weapon and laid it against the table were it could be quite easily reached. Jeran was bursting with questions at this point, and also hunger. His fare of just about anything on legs was taking its toll on his weary brain. Plus he had been using magic for almost two hours now, much more stimulation of the sensory perceptions and they would start to peel. Extending one last probe he shut down everything but the basic 5 senses and sat down to eat.
Warrior
Member # 12481
Profile #29
Hope nobody minds a newb joining the fun?

Name: Fianna Silverlocke
Height: 165cm
Weight: 64kg
Magic: No
Skills: Bladed weapon mastery, two weapon fighting mastery, acrobatic and athletic skill masteries, throwing weapons, social etiquette, diplomacy, negotiation
Occupation: Swashbuckler, attaché/bodyguard to diplomatic envoy
Small Bio: Fianna was born into old money, so naturally she had the opportunity to be educated in a wide range of subjects. She took to the dextrous, demanding art of duelling like a fish takes to water, despite her mother’s protestations against such “un-ladylike behaviour!”. She trained her body and her mind for duelling, working long hours every day, and as a teenager she was the fastest blade (or pair of blades) in the city.
Of course, being born into the old money as she was had certain side effects. She wanted for nothing, and became used to getting her way. She was exposed to the higher levels of society from quite a tender age, and learned the necessary protocols to deal with socialites, sycophants, politicians and other prominent figures.
However, this did have a drawback that didn’t become obvious until later – her painful naïveté when dealing with, well, anything outside of her comfortable and sheltered experience.
Though she was undeniably skilled in the art of swordsmanship, the life of a soldier held no appeal for her whatsoever – far too regimented and restrictive. Neither did marrying and staying at home with the children; if she had wanted that from life, she wouldn’t have taken up the sword! She worked for a few years as an attaché to a diplomatic envoy to Avernum, and quickly found that this kind of work exercised her full range of skills, kept her sharp and kept her in a position where she could have her finger on the pulse of the current political situation…

--------------------
Third generation geek and heathen!
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #30
The weather was increasing getting foul. Halfast had never seen a storm come up so quickly in all his travels and to see snow this early in the year was unheard of according to the sailors. He couldn't wait until they reached shore and he could travel by land again to reach Manarina.

The port had been filled by those stupid Anama followers that seem to infest everything these days. Luckily he still had a wooden Anama symbol and a cheap ring to pretend that he was one of them. That made it possible to slip past the guards and get a boat. Hiding his magically skills was a necessity unless he wanted a major fight without any help.

Now Halfast just wanted to reach shore. He had already lost his lunch and all his previous meals to sea sickness. He had given up trying to keep anything down until land. His only wish now was for this to be over and to reach Manarina. He kept the note hidden telling of the gathering there. With so many superstitious Anama sailor, they would toss him over the side to see if that would abate the storm.
Warrior
Member # 12481
Profile #31
Fi resisted the urge to fidget as the discussions between Callinda, her envoy, and the Runic Leaguesman, drew on interminably. The dress - "Howinhell am I meant to do my job in a dress, of all things!?" she wondered - was stiff, restrictive and it rubbed in all the wrong places. She couldn't wear her swords with the dress; in fact, all she had to defend her envoy, should the discussion come to blows, were four daggers, two strapped to each of her thighs. And the damn shoes pinched! Her feet were a mass of blisters already, and she couldn't imagine how she would do anything like what she was paid to do in this ridiculous outfit. The corset she'd been forced to wear under the dress creaked slightly as she inhaled a little too deeply, and she barely managed to hide a pained grimace as the boning pinched the tender flesh of her right breast. "The sooner I'm back in my clothes, the better..." she decided, as she feigned interested attention in the discussion taking place...

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #32
After a week, the farmer had teached It everything he could teach. "Thank you", It said. "You and your wife have been very kind to me" The farmer smiled, "Here are some change of clothes made just for you. And some food for your journey"

It smiled and left. He walked south a little untill he reached the river, then west untill he could head south again. The terrain was rough, but his long powerful legs made it easy.

He started to go southwest after a while and eventually made it to New Colonia. The trip had taken him a while and he was running out of food, so he went to buy some food.

People stared, he looked quite funny to him. "SMITE!" yelled a person in white robes. The spell missed him by inches.

It was quite shocked. "You are not human! You must be a demon! I shall kill you! The Anama don't let foul creatures like you walk the streets!"

It drew the blade that he had been given by the farmer. As he dodged spells, he ran towards the Anama. He swung his blade and made a neat cut in the Anama's arm. "REPEL SPIRIT!", he yelled. Nothing happened. "What? You're not a demon? Oops. Well, I don't care if it was self defense, you still cut my arm!"

"So you are going to kill me?" questioned It. "Yes! I am! Those drinks give me power!" said the Anama. ("So," thought It. "He is not drunk, so I will just knock him out") It knocked him out and left, while some people caried him to be treated.

Suddenly, someone sneaked up behind him, shoved a piece of paper to him, and ran.

--------------------
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Warrior
Member # 12481
Profile #33
The sound of a commotion in the streets drew Fi's attention away from the conversation, and even the New Colonian Runic League rep faltered in his rambling speech. Fi crossed the room and peered guardedly out the window, in time to observe one of the Anama priests attempting to repel... something. It looked human, but it moved... strangely. "Counsellors, if you could be so good as to wrap up your discussion? I have a feeling we're going to be relocating in the not-too-distant future..." she informed her envoy and the RL rep. She turned back to the window in time to see a lithe figure plant a piece of paper on the humanoid, and she frowned. "On second thoughts, stay here. Keep the door locked. Don't open it for anyone except me..." She told them, as she left the room, made her way down the ostentatiously ornate spiralling marble staircase and slipped out the door, pulling it closed behind her. She caught sight of the humanoid and slipped into an alcove, ready to tail it when it moved on.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #34
It, not noticing the nearby female, read the paper.

"Meet me at the docks in the middle of the night. There will be a ship there. Go inside it and bring no one. If you are purposely bringing someone, you will be killed on the spot. You may bring your sword, as I'm sure you will be paranoid. But I assure you that you will not meet me. When we meet we will talk hastily and quietly. And tell no one of this, or you will be found and killed. And this paper will explode if anyone else touches it. So don't get any bright ideas. :) "

It chuckled. It thought the smile was funny. As he started to move, he heard movement (and the word **** behind him). He spun around to find someone following him.

[ Thursday, December 13, 2007 14:17: Message edited by: Iffy is begging for a PS3 ]

--------------------
I like this image
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #35
Manarina

At the Great Sky Docks, the group waited impatiently for the adventurers to start trickling in. The Most High Archmage's mind wandered about on thoughts of how to prolong the death of the Vale, and his counterparts were both worrying about the impact the fall would have on Rune. The snow that now graced all parts of the continent was just the start; soon the mighty skyships that conducted much of the trade in the kingdom would start dropping out of the sky like flies. Diseases that had been conquered through the grace of the gods would return as Ahonar's power grew absolute, and magically fertile areas would start reverting to deserts within the month. Most worrying of all, the mighty floating city above Manarina would fall soon, and with it the armies of the Anama would have no barrier to stop them.

Snapping them out of their thoughts, a distant figure appeared in the sky, coming down fast. It was Isaac Erikson, hurtling towards them like a meteor, his parawings snapped around him. Thinking fast, the Most High Archmage slowed his speed, and he came to the edge of the docks, running to a halt. Finally he stopped, resting in a crumpled heap at their feet. Roughly, Isaac groaned, "I'm here for the job position advertised."

The three of them looked down on the man, his gleaming scalemail, the shining dagger, the scarlet tunic, and the chainmail helm. Nodding his approval, the Most High Priest of the Creator helped Isaac up, saying, "Good. Now we just have to wait for the others."

Bustoke

Meanwhile, the city at the edge of the cliffs had not gone unnoticed by the Anama. An expeditionary force marched now to it's fence, dressed in brown leather and shining steel armor, their pikes clearly visible above their steelcapped heads. The standard bearer lifted up the banner, showing the emblem of the Anama, the white Eye of Ahonar on a light blue background.

Out of the crowd came a man on a black steed, clearly the leader. Preceeded by a trumpet call, he spoke in a demanding voice to the citzens, "Let it be known, heretics, your presence in the Anama Lands has been noted. Surrender to me your leader and return to the true faith of the Anama, or the full wrath of the Anama shall descend upon you in three days time. This is your one, and only, chance at redemption in the eyes of the almighty Ahonar the Great. You have one hour to comply."

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
The Two Universal Truthes:
"All I know is that I know nothing" -Socrates
"I think, therefore I am." -René Descartes
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #36
Chapter 3
The compact earth beneath their feet groaned beneath the feet of the multitude above it. Upon sight of the marching legion of troops several watchmen had signaled the alarm. The near thousand citizens of Bustoke were all gathered in the courtyard, organized into cliques.

Numerous conversations echoed between stone walls, an event which ceased when Ivanhoe stepped upon a hastily made platform.

Ivanhoe usually expressed courage and brawn, but now he appeared humbled by the current events. He spoke with importance, "Citizens, I now can assure you that the approaching hypocrites are that of the Anama. They have requested my presence and I shall comply. I warn you, do not leave the castle."

With that Ivanhoe parted the people before him and proceeded to his armory. The remaining individuals chattered in bewilderment.
The watchmen placed at the gatehouse saluted with frank admiration as Ivanhoe marched passed it's domain. The murder holes and slits watched judiciously and the stone pavement witnessed his passing in silence. As Ivanhoe stepped past the walls of his castle the breeze and birdsong ceased. The god Ephesos had commanded nature to sleep for the moment, a rare event indeed.

The abundant trees towered above Ivanhoe lay still as he march. Several hundred feet ahead was the Anama formation. The sky above them blazed as the sunset upon them, but neither side payed notice.

Ivanhoe was in speaking distance now. Before the leader of the group could intervene, Ivanhoe spoke "I bear the news that you are foolish to enter my realms. There is nothing you hypocrites could want of me, and the fact that you claim the border of insanity sickens me. I will not comply with your demands. There is nothing I can possibly want of you, and I suggest that you leave." Ivanhoe managed to conceal the lie in the last statement, but now he revealed his glory.

Ivanhoe unsheathed the Excalibur. The air around him became illuminated by its luminescence and many of the Anama's rank trembled with fear. Ivanhoe reached for the heavens and great power was invoked with him. With that he hastened toward the gates as the experienced of the Anama shouted their plea.

Ivanhoe entered the gates and demanded it be shut. He knew what lay ahead of him: siege.

[ Friday, December 14, 2007 16:40: Message edited by: Excalibur ]

--------------------
"There's a hole in the bucket, dear Excalibur, dear Excalibur..."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #37
“Hroarfff…” Vlad vomited off the side of the skyship, completely unconcerned with the people below that it would likely land on.

“Master, are you, uh, skysick?”

“No, Grendis, I’ve been on thousands of these things… probably.”

“I see, have you been drinking again, master?”

“I don’t puke when I drink, fool! I puke when I don’t drink. We don’t have any money, remember? I think I might be dying.”

“I think you’ll live, master. If I might ask, if we have no money, how did we pay for a ticket to ride this skyship to Manarina?”

“Manarina? I thought we were going to Weapon Wench’s!”

Suddenly, the duo was approached by a grizzled crew member. “Hey, prancribald!”

“Why does everyone keep calling me that?”

“I don’t remember seeing your ticket.”

“Oh? And what if I don’t have one, eh?”

Three more crewmembers joined the first one. Vlad was unconcerned, but Trinculo covered his eyes and prayed it would all go away. “Well, that would be a most unfortunate situation for you, being thousands of feet in the air without proper passage.”

“Ah, well, in that case, yes, I have one.”

“Where is it?”

“Oh, you need to see it?”

“Damn it! Stop messing around and show us a ticket or we’ll toss you’re filthy carcass overboard!”

Vlad looked over the railing he had just vomited at and briefly wondered if he might survive the drop should a small child or something happen to break his fall. He quickly reconsidered, however, “I demand to speak with the captain of this flying rank canker-blossom!”

Within minutes, Vlad and Trinculo were standing in the cockpit, surrounded by the entire crew and facing the big, beefy captain. Trinculo’s was still quite concerned, “Master, why did you have to demand to speak with the captain?”

“I figured I would think of something clever to say while they were bringing us to him, but, well, you know how that’s been working out lately.”

The captain was not amused, “Silence! What have we here? A filthy street urchin and his retarded uncle?”

“Which one do you suppose I am? The urchin or the uncle?” Trinculo did not answer Vlad’s question, he was frozen with fear. The crew was simply dumbfounded. Vlad had had enough, “All right, you all bore me, I’m done with this.” With that, all the offensive powers in the X-High Priest’s arsenal were at his fingers. It flowed from his being with such skill that the crew did not have time to react. Ribbons of fire tore apart man after man, until you could not tell where one ended and the next began. After a few seconds, there was nothing left of the crew but a few piles of smoking ash.

“Master! What have you done?”

“Not bad, eh? You still got it, Vlad, you still got it! I don’t think any of the other passengers noticed. We might just get out of this one scot free! Vlad, one; seedy skyship crew, zero!”

“There’s no one driving the skyship now, Master! And we’re on a collision course with the floating city!” Vlad looked out the main forward window. Indeed, the massive floating city of Manarina was before them, and they were heading right for it. Vlad’s not sure how he didn’t notice it before. “Can you drive a ship, master?”

“How hard can it be?” More fire blasted from Vlad’s finger tips as he incinerated the ships wheel and other controls.

“Oh my gods! Master! Why did you do that?”

“I didn’t think the flames would spread so quickly.” Indeed, the fire was beginning to spread throughout the cockpit.

“You can’t just flame all your problems away, master!”

“Nonsense, the divine TM says we can always flame our problems away.”

“We’re about to die! What do we do? Can we pray to TM for help?”

“Heh, you obviously have no idea how this religion works.”

“Are there any benevolent Spiderweb gods we can pray to?”

“None that come to mind.”

“Ahhhh! We’re going to die!” Trinculo ran in tiny, terrified circles around Vlad.

“Relax, relax. Well, you’ll probably die, but I can cover myself with a magical shield at the last second to absorb most of the damage.”

“But master, you don’t know any blessing spells!”

“I see. Let me think for a second.” The space between the skyship and the floating city was growing smaller and smaller. Trinculo was making his peace with the gods. Vlad, on the other hand, suddenly lit up, “I’ve got it! My stroke of genius had finally come to me!”

With a massive explosion and a sickening crash heard by every man, woman and child in the floating city, Vladimir Vortigan, the X-High Priest of TM, had arrived at Manarina.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #38
Sarah Williams, the woman destined to resolve all problems in the world, stood atop the highest tower in Manarina, threatening to jump. A crowd of people below begged for her to reconsider, and she was just about to. However, out of the corner of her eye, she saw a skyship crash into the massive rock. A scream emitted from her lips as she tumbled through the sky, and in a flash she realized what the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything was, as well as how to create a perfect Utopia and fix the Vale easily. A few moments later, and the thoughts forcibly shot out of her brain, along with everything else that was Sarah, and splattered across the ground.

Other then that, all that happened when the ship crashed into Manarina were a few fallen books.

Isaac, along with the Triad, noted with disdain the new arrivals to Manarina. "So, I assume you came here for the job position, and the tons of money it will bring you?" the Most High Priest said, recognizing the duo from his days amongst the commoners, which to him were the very elite High Priests.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #39
Munigant stalked back to his room, and recalled the cursed orb that he had sent flying towards Manarina. He had been angry, and weakened from hunger when he sent it. He removed the curse on it, and imprisoned a particularly fearsome-looking shade in it instead, giving it orders to make a show of refusing the conscription. Sending the orb back on its way, he clawed scratches into his chest, feeding again. Dripping the blood onto another of Nalyd's altars, he returned to his researches.

Soil samples from the Vale, packets of air, rocks, animals, even parts of dead humans. Records and remnants of spells cast there, and some undead squirrels. So far, nothing was promising. At least he had ruled out the necromantic arts for being the cause of the dying Vale. Sighing, he went back to work on his pet project, a broadsword enchanted painstakingly and made ever better, bit by bit, since his conversion to Undeath. There were so many conflicting enchantments on it that only a completely suicidal idiot would do so much as move the thing, but it was amusing to see how much he could fit until it melted. Actually, it had melted several years ago, but reformed itself in a few hours.

A monk entered, waiting silently behind Munigant until he turned and addressed him. "Brother", the monk intoned, sounding dead, "The Anama have sent a representative."

Munigant stood.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #40
It had turned around to see a female human sneaking behind him with some skill. Unfortunatly for her, his hearing is extremely good.

"Who are you?" It said. The female spoke,"I...uh...I am usually called Fi"

"Why were you following me? Are you an Anama?" asked It. "No, no, no! You got it all wrong!" pleaded Fi.

"Well, these times aren't exactly safe. I won't kill you, just tie you up. Nothing personal," It said. "Not if I tie you up first," commented Fi.

The sound of clanging weapons was soon heard. Fi was on the offense, yet It was deflecting the blows easily. Soon, It was on the offensive.

"You're pretty good at this. How long have you trained?" asked Fi, still blocking It's sword. "One week," said It. They switched sides, It was back to deflecting.

"What? Well, you definantly aren't human if you can learn that fast," commented a surprised Fi.

Suddenly, It's sword was thrown out of his hands. But It jumped back. Since they were in a tight alley way, It was able to jump up the walls. It was eventually on the roof. He jumped down very quietly behind her and grabbed her sword.

He leaped, rolled, and grabbed his own sword. Soon Fi was tied up.

"Okay," said It. "Now you can talk"

--------------------
I like this image
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #41
Name: Squeegy
Height: 5'
Weight: 150 lbs
Magic: Of course not. Squeegy think magic HORRID!!
Skills: Mopping up messes
Small Bio:
Squeegy isn't too bright. Hes pretty dumb. Often speaking in third-person "SQUEEGY IS MAD!!" He was found by some random dude who hired Squeegy as a janitor. Squeegy then proceeded to kill that random dude. But for some odd reason Squeegy still mops up the floor of that building.

---------
Somebody want to tell me where my char. should be right now? I dont want to read 2 pages of stuff.

--------------------
Spiderweb Software Games I have- BoA
Spiderweb Software Game I'm currently playing- G3/4 Demos
Current non Spidweb game I'm currently playing- Dragon Quest Monsters

Because you care about this. XD
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #42
(Guess I will just start :D )

Squeegy looks around at the unfamiliar surroundings around him. Soon he realized that he had just awoken from a drunken slumber, probably lasting for a few hours. "Squeegy is confused." he says outloud to himself as he scratches his head. He looks around again and notices more of where he is. He is in a dungeon. Probably under some city. As far as he knows.

He slowly rises from his resting spot. He realizes that he isn't hurt. In fact Squeegy feels better that he has in years! He streches his muscles and looks around once more. There isn't a door out. Or a gate. Or fence. Or anything that would let him out. He is in a circular pit. With walls that go up about 10-20 feet.

He stares up at the ledge about 10 feet above him. Someone is standing there. The hooded figure tosses a small item into the pit and disappears. Squeegy looks at the item. It is a small sphere that has strange writing on it. He cocks his head as he studies it. He grabs the sphere to look at it closer. It burns his hand. He throws it in agony at the wall. And the sphere blows up knocking Squeegy unconscious.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #43
"Enjoying the feast, Jeran?" Dazzle said to Jeran who was chowing down all that is on the table. "You damn bet I am!" Jeran stated. "May I know what food is this?" Pointing to pieces of meat in dark liquid.

"Roast Beef." Answered the lich.

"How about this?" Said Jeran pointing to a baked good.

"A muffin. Blueberry flavored I presume."

Jeran took a swig of the wine that was on the table. "Aah! Now this is what I call wine! What is it?"

"Nethergate." Dazzle answered.

"And this..mmm..is delicious! What is it?" Jeran asked.

"Spotted dick."

Jeran froze. "Could you repeat that?"

"It's called spotted dick. It's a steamed pudding containing dried fruits and some currants." The lich answered.

"For a second there I tho- Nevermind." Jeran answered.

"If I may, would you care to answer a previously asked question?" The lich asked Jeran.

"Sure."

"I believe I already asked you on what is your intention in coming to the Maze. And I believe that you haven't answered me."

"Oh. Erm. Like I said, I'm just enjoying the sight that is the Infernal Maze." Jeran said as he continued to eat.

Suddenly, all the food Jeran was eating disappeared. "I asked you politely human. I believe you should answer politely also." The lich said in an annoyed tone.

Jeran pulled his greatsword closer to him. "I'm a wanderer. I have no exact destination."

"Is that so?" The lich answered as the food began to reappear. "I think I might have a proposition for you."

"What is it? Jeran started eating again like nothing happened.

Dazzle waved his hand and an image appear. "Read."

"Mhmhmmmm..magic...mgmgmhmmhm..Manarina..what?! Magic is going away..mhmmmm..adventurers needed..mmhmmhmmm.." Jeran said.

"So..what say you, Jeran?" The lich asked.

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #44
Ivanhoe sat atop Bustokes ramparts loathing the formation threatening his community. Ironically, Ivanhoe was more troubled by his sword. He knew it did not possess the power to bless the wielder. Yet, the only group that owned any tomes concerning the gods were the Anama itself.

Ivanhoe cursed beneath his breath.

--------------------
"There's a hole in the bucket, dear Excalibur, dear Excalibur..."
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #45
" Fools announcing their presence to everyone in existence and these are the idiots I have to work with" Thought Shade. His employers (some of which had connections to the mage triad) had already told him what they new of the problem and his own research was turning up blank. He figured that he should join the group for the time being if nothing more then to learn what they know besides some of them might even be useful. Though he did plan on using one of his many alias.

Disembarks off the sky ship and makes his way to where the Triad waited.
Shade "Hi I'm Justin and I here that you are looking for adventures for a quest"

The Most High preist " And what makes you think you are qualified"

Shade" Because this is your ring I believe" Shade offers him back his ring that he just stole from him. The most High Priest quickly grabs its looking embarrassed.

The three nodded their heads in approval

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #46
Halfast's stomach finally recovered a few days after reaching land once the ground stopped swaying. Heading south he wished that he could find a skyboat to speed his way to Maranira. Instead he encountered an Anama patrol out to convert the area. Like rats they seemed to be everywhere.

"Halt," the patrol's commander said, "Anyone using this road must be inspected."

Halfast muttered a haste spell and as the world slowed down he said, "Inspect this." Bolts of lightning sprayed forth from his hands. In seconds the patrol was lying on the ground dying or trying to flee. A few well placed shots of acid finished them off in agony as they tried to escape.

"i really hate Anama." said Halfast to the dying. Now the hard part began as he looted them for money. Then finding a shovel he dug a hole to bury the bodies after using more spells to destroy all the remaains beyond raising.

"Rule number 5 of adventuring. Never leave any witnesses." This rule had kept his name and face off all those reward posters in the Anama controlled lands. Being careful had made him rich and unknown.

Two more days brought him to Runic League controlled land where Halfast finally could get a skyboat to carry him to Manarina. There he sought out the mages to see if they wanted his Anama scrolls.
Apprentice
Member # 12516
Profile #47
When Squeegy regains consciousness he notices that 3 Anama members are standing by him.

"What should we do with him?" The Anama member who looks like some sort of leader says

"Can we kill him?" Another Anama member asks.

"No. We question him first." The 3rd Anama member says outloud.

"You. You caused the explosion correct?" The leader says in an imposing booming voice.

"Squeegy's name is NOT you!" Squeegy yells out.

All of the Anama members take a step back. Squeegy gets to his feet. His eyes meet with the leader's.

"Squeegy wants out of here. You will not stop Squeegy!" Squeegy screams. He punches the leader in the face.

"AAGH!! My go- GET HIM!!" erupts from the leader.

The other 2 Anama members pounce on Squeegy. His small heavy body can't withstand the weight of the Anama members and he goes down.

"Let go... of... Squeegy..." Squeegy mumbles as the weight of the Anama members makes him black out.

"Wake up. God damnit! WAKE UP!!!" erupts out of no where. After this something kickes Squeegy in the face.

"What's your problem?" Squeegy says as he slowly rises up.

Squeegy is in another jail cell. But this time he is with 7 other people. They all have weapons. One is thrusting the hilt of a sword in Squeegy's direction. "You want to get out of here right, Squeegy?" one of them says. "I heard you saying 'Squeegy is me, I am Squeegy.' in your sleep."

Squeegy grabs the sword and nods. "Squeegy does indeed want out of here."

"Then help us get out." The person says while nodding.

After about 10 minutes of the other 7 prisoners preparing they all stand up uniformly. "It is time."

"Why should Squeegy help you?"

"Because we can help Squeegy get out of here. And also so we can hopefully get enough people to rebel against the Anama. We were servants,too, like you apparently were. We had also killed our hirer. But unluckily our master was an Anama member. As was yours." one of them says.

"Well now is a better time than ever to start."
"Whew I hope none of us gets injured." The 7 people start talking.

"That's enough. If we are going to rebel we have to start some time." The apparent leader of the prisoners says out loud.

"DEATH TO THE ANAMA!" erupts from the crowd.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 12481
Profile #48
"I can talk now, can I?" Fi asked the humanoid with a bit of a laugh. She shook her head. "Oh no. No, I don't think that is going to happen. See, you can't learn everything in a week. For example, you can't learn that intelligent people often have a backup plan. In this case," she shrugged off the ropes; they were frayed and had obviously been cut apart, "a dagger up one's sleeve does wonders. Now, I want to know all about you..." she said. She hurled one dagger at a pigeon pecking around to her right, a fair way back, that she could only just see. Another dagger appeared in her hand. "Now, you can see I hit what I aim at. This is another skill you don't learn in just a week. You will walk with me; if you do not comply, this dagger will happen to find its way to the base of your brain stem. I want to know who you are, where you come from and what you have done to enrage the Anama so thoroughly..." she hissed in her most icy, venomous voice. "Now, talk," she demanded.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #49
The cold winds from the Infernal Maze chilled Zacharias as his voice reverberated towards Bustoke. "HEATHENS, your day is end!"

With a flick of his wrist, ten boulders flung themselves mechanically from the catapults, sailing towards Bustoke Castle. Upon contact, it would be noted by the Bustokians that these weren't ordinary boulders, for when they hit they splattered, spraying acid on the walls. The acid dripped down, burning away at the rock, weakening it.

With a bellowing call to charge, the Anama soldiers sprinted towards the castle, determined to break through the village to-day. To cover the charge, Zacharias himself blessed the soldiers with the Gift of Haste.

--------------------

Pages