Hardest Spiderweb Game EVER!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hardest Spiderweb Game EVER!!
Apprentice
Member # 12221
Profile #0
Hello. I am new to the forums. I would like to ask your opinion as to what is the hardest Spiderweb game you have ever played (difficulty notwithstanding)?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
They're all about the same for difficulty. It's a matter of figuring out what to do as you play and what you should do with your character(s) to make game playing easier.

Now going back to the earlier games in a series after playing the later games may seem harder since the game engines aren't as well developed.

[ Thursday, November 29, 2007 19:20: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #2
I found Avernum to be more difficult than its companions. However, that is due to playing it without an archer. (Demon Fort for example)

In reality I thought Exile II was, but that's because I was seven years old at the time.

No fair, your member number is a palindrome.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Most of Jeff's games are pretty easy. I remember E3 as being somewhat challenging at places, and playing on torment made the beginnings of the Avernum trilogies pretty tough (but once you started leveling you breezed through the rest.)

The only really hard games I've played are BoA and BoE, because you have nut cases like TM, Thuryl and the Creator at the helm. :P

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
If you stock up on potions nothing should be too much of a threat. Just cast haste and avoid fights if you can.

That said, the most difficult encounters were in the Exile series. I can't remember how many times I died because the spiders just kept webbing me into oblivion. I haven't seen this happen in the Avernum series...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #5
I went into Canopy under-leveled. I don't think any SW game has been remotely as challenging, even the ToSF in BoE (and that was a biggie).

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #6
I assume you mean E3.

And there's always the Temple of Assbeating if you're looking for.... well... an ass beating.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #7
one random question: how many posts do you need to label yourself whatever title you want? Like i have noticed Aran's, Delicious Vlish and SoT's. I highly doubt Electric Sheep One is a title

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Drayks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
My life for Auir!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #8
It is. And you can't lable yourself. And post-count has nothing to do with it.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I assume you mean E3.
Argh. I cannot get one simple thing right today, can I, Niemand?

Wait.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #10
His mighty tentacle? anyway how do you change your title, i dont want to be stuck with New Arrival forever

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Drayks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
My life for Auir!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #11
You can only change your title by posting. Otherwise it must be done by an admin...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #12
When you reach fifty posts your title will change to Mercenary, than at two hundred fifty posts to Explorer.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Apprentice
Member # 12221
Profile #13
okay. . . have any of you ever considered creating a personal challenge for yourself (such as beginner equipment only, beginning stats only, etc.), cranking the difficulty up to torment, and recording your own experiences and provide tips on how a player may overcome these difficulties? ;)
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #14
Ohh, yes, people have. All-game singletons, no magic/creations allowed, Brittle Bones/Completely Inept, the works. I never did it myself.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #15
I hear someone completed Avernum 3 on Torment singleton, no armor, and armed only with a stick. Now that's difficult.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #16
Surely the stick would break.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 12114
Profile #17
Exile 2 was hard, until I found out there was an editor.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #18
If you want info on titles, go to the faq section.

Anyway, the hardest one for me was G1.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.
Apprentice
Member # 11797
Profile #19
I found A2 the hardest ever, though I only got the the demo so i can be wrong. also, I play G games mostly(hense the name)
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #20
Actually, as I'm sure a few people could attest, there is a way to change your member title in a way that requires both a fair bit of posting and an admin to change it.

Hardest one for me? Quite probably G1, though I confess I've not really bothered playing many after that, so I wouldn't know about them.
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #21
Exile I was a headache, simply because it took a while to accumulate any decent equipment. Exile II was challenging. I clearly remember getting ripped to pieces when fighting that big Empire battalion in Chapter 1.

I found Geneforge 3 quite difficult as well, simply because you didn't gain power as quickly as in GF1 and 2, while facing difficult enemies very early on (eg. The Warped Spawner on Island 1)

--------------------
"I am Barzhal, and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the products of his own essence?

No, says the servile in Medab. It belongs to the oppressed.
No, says the Shaper in Terrestia. It belongs to the Shaper Council.
No, says the Trakovite in hiding. It belongs to no-one.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Ascension."
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
I clearly remember getting ripped to pieces when fighting that big Empire battalion in Chapter 1.

In E2 I remember simply avoiding the battalion, and in A2 I reloaded the combat until the mage was in the front lines.

--------------------
Project Von Bora
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #23
A1 had a few tough fights and annoying parts (like the Final Gauntlet), but nothing extraordinarily difficult unless you try something crazy (like attacking Sulfras).

A2 was somewhat difficult at times. The Dervishes were a pain and attacking the Empire's gates could prove difficult. I found Simulacrum to be really helpful.

I found A3 to be fairly easy (with the possible exception of the Dark Wyrms).

A4 isn't that bad, but the Chitrach area is very annoying, and you have to do lots of subquests in order to properly complete the game. Be sure to save lots of potions for the end of the game as well, otherwise you'll have trouble with the Vahnatai Lord and the infamous Mindreaper Lich.

BoA's "pre-made" scenarios are mostly easy (although the optional vampire fight in VoDT is very tough and ASR forces you to use quite a few potions).

G1 is fairly easy.

G2 is significantly harder, but things like Strong Daze and Parry make the game much easier.

G3 is hard for a Spiderweb game, since you start out horribly underpowered and probably should help the Shapers at first.

G4... Depends on the kind of character you play. The characters are simply horribly unbalanced. Some classes require much more item managment (and stats management) than others. The game is mostly a cakewalk with a Lifecrafter, but destroying/clearing some areas like Derenton Freehold with, say, a warrior or a servile can be very difficult.

I found Nethergate to be fairly easy the last time I played it, but then again I haven't bought the latest version yet (I'll probably buy it with A5).

Homeland should be fairly easy once you understand the game's mechanics, and impossible if you don't - I thought the fight with Maglius (near the end of the demo) was an excellent test.

SubTerra is likely to be the hardest Spiderweb-published game ever.
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #24
I am reminded back in BoA when someone (alas, I forget) managed to beat Diplomacy With the Dead with four fresh level one priests on torment, which was pretty neat.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.

Pages