Where You At Now?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Where You At Now?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #0
Hot damn. I just graddiated. You must call me Master now. You too may obtain this exalted title for no less than the trifling fee of some thirty thousand dollars. Master of Psychology. I am a little high on a little beer and a little chocolate and a lot of love from my associates at the mental health clinic where I have been interning for the last year. Now I am degreed and after breathing for about three weeks, I am going to find agency work and get licensure as well as begin building a private practice. I love what I am choosing to do with my life today. Life is good. Playing some of the new and improved Nethergate in the meantime is also on the menu.

But enough about me. I am wondering about you. What is your station in life right now? What are you doing with yourself? Are you in school? What do you see yourself doing in the future? If you were to fulfill your biggest, most unlikely dream for yourself, what would it be?

-S-

P.S. Bonus points to the first person who can tell me the source of inspiration for the title of this thread.

[ Thursday, March 15, 2007 17:42: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #1
I've applied to several grad schools for political science and am checking their status 5 times a day.

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #2
Have some bubbly!
IMAGE(http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/1/13/180px-Rose_Champagne_Bubbles.jpg)

Let's see: I'm in in my second year of undergrad, taking CompSci. Right now, it looks like I'll do my Masters after I get my degree. And does working on a project called 'ScriptEase' this summer count as a life-fulfilling dream? :)

Tomorrow, I'll be picking up a program planner and be facing the gnarly problem of picking Arts options. A course in cognitive psychology would be interesting. I could take a soft option like one of the philosophy courses on computers and culture, but I don't think I'd like that. Maybe Classical Greek? I dunno.

--------------------
Never use while sleeping.
- Label on a propane blowtorch

EDIT= Formatting~

[ Thursday, March 15, 2007 17:57: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #3
I shiver in my boots knowing that you will be giving advice to people and getting paid to do it. :P

Currently mother of four who soon needs a part-time job. Will probably end up behind the counter of a local establishment asking 'would you like fries with that?'

If I could do anything for my vocation, today I'd choose to own and opperate a rollerskating rink. My visit to one on Tuesday led me down a memory lane overflowing with good vibes and great times. I love to listen to music, I love to rollerskate, I love to let other people give me their money... it'd be great! And I'd make it better then that stupid Skate America we have here, tell you what. No scooters on my floor, nooo sir. No regular shoes either, getting everything all scuffed up...

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #4
Dem Darn scooter scats.

quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

A course in cognitive psychology would be interesting. I could take a soft option like one of the philosophy courses on computers and culture, but I don't think I'd like that. Maybe Classical Greek?
Go for choice A if you want to impress Synergy.
Go for choice C if you want to impress Kelandon.
Go for choice B if you want to impress most everyone else. :P

-S-

[ Thursday, March 15, 2007 18:27: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #5
Sophmore, undergrad, my college has so many damned core classes I've take a whole two classes for my actual major so far. That's one course a year. Bastards.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #6
Doing my bachelor's seminar paper right now, then I'm going for the master's degree. Should take a little over a year if I'm lucky/work hard enough.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Fourth-year undergrad, double-majoring in Classical Languages and Astrophysics. Much farther along on the classics than the astro. Probably just tanked my Thermo test.

After I get my B.A., I will leave all this behind and lend my screeching vocals to a power metal band. :cool:

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Finished a Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) in Zoology last year; having decided that I'm better at writing about science than actually doing it, am now doing a graduate certificate in history and philosophy of science and aiming for a Masters in science communication. Hoping to end up writing for New Scientist or something like that.

Congratulations on your degree.

[ Thursday, March 15, 2007 23:40: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
I'm currently a 2L in law school focusing on tax law, and looking for summer work. The dreams for the future, they be uncertain, though they definitely involve living in a cheaper real estate market.

The title was inspired by Boost Mobile, possibly via the relevant ATHF episode.
Apprentice
Member # 6885
Profile #10
Congrats Synergy...

I also have my degree in psychology, but it was so long ago.

As soon as I got out of school I took a job as a programmer (you could do that back then - get a job that had nothing to do with your degree), and I've been doing it ever since (almost 20 years now).

I'm now the director of IT at a company in Ohio, and I couldn't be happier. I also fulfilled my biggest most unlikely dream (as you asked about) last year by becoming a published author in the PnP RPG industry.

So, along with my great family, I'm living the life I love... is it perfect, no... but if it were it would be boring.

Cheers,
narpet

--------------------
May all your hits be crits!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
Congratualtions Synergy. If I ever have mental health problems, I will go to you for counceling. But eh... it will be free of charge, wouldn't it?

I'm still in secondary school, in the fifth grade of a total of six. next year I hope to pass my exams, so I can go to uni and start with the study I alwasy wanted to do: biology.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #12
Graduation rocks. I graduated in December after 5 and half years with a B.A. in Social Sciences with an emphasis in history no less. During my many years in school I did many things from baling hay, working at teh Waaalllmart, Radio work, Television work, factory work, and computer support. Now I'm employed at a small private college in Iowa as a Technical Support Technician living it up. It is likely I will go back for a masters degree of some sort in a few years as one of my benifits is free classes at the college here. I miss the sudo-carefree college lifestyle sometimes but then I remember now I can afford to buy good beer and I fagetabawtit.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #13
Congratulations!

Currently, I'm doing nothing. I'm searching for a job, although like Jewels, it won't be anything fancy.

I'll continue writing, and hopefully get published, although I have accepted that I will probably remain despearately poor for the rest of my life.

Oh, and I'm looking at university courses too - English still looks pretty cool.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #14
I'm in the seventh grade...???...!

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #15
I graduated in maths six years ago; my job in finance involves numbers and formulas and macros and stuff. Put that way it sounds sort of inevitable; but it didn't have to be this way. Every time I had to make a decision I just went for whatever sounded the most interesting of the opportunities on offer. It seems to have worked out.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #16
Congrats!

I'm getting way too close to high shool. Scary how close I am to post-secondary.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
I am a little high on a little beer and a little chocolate and a lot of love from my associates at the mental health clinic where I have been interned for the last year.
FYT :P

Too easy to pass up...

[ Friday, March 16, 2007 12:14: Message edited by: Dr. Johann Georg Faust ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #18
Ooh.........

That's my job, playing around with people' words.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #19
Look at all this graduatin'!

Graduated two years ago with a fairly irrelevant BA in Linguistics. I work full time at a residential treatment facility, where I do various therapeutic work with severely emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.

Future plans: very tentatively, go to grad school for a PsyD and do family therapy.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #20
Second year in my undergraduate education, majoring in Mathematics and Philosophy. I'm excited because I was recently admitted to study math in Budapest next fall. After I graduate? Who knows. Right now I'm thinking grad school for math.

Congrats on the degree!

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #21
I am currently a freshman at Albert M. Lowry High School. I wish to attend UNR (University of Nevada Reno) and get a degree in teaching, chemistry, and perhaps business. I am not completely sure, but I think I'll settle for a bachelor's degree. I don't think money is much of a problem; scholarships are abundant in our community and the state of Nevada offers something called the Millenoum Scholarship, which I easily qualify for.

--------------------
WWJD?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #22
Cute, Aran. Not to worry. I'm willing to take as good as I give.

Sarcastaphilia, I don't think I've noted any particular wordplay on your part, just a torrential deluge of them in general. Perhaps you would like to ponder the aesthetic of less is more. Quality over quantity. Ah so. :P

I do realize how giddily exciting is just to see oneself in print here.

-S-

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #23
It's my first year at ASU and I'm going for my BS in Biochemistry. But that all depends on my ability to learn calculus,which isn't looking so right now. I might be forced to switch to Molecular Biology. :/

After that, I plan to go to grad school. I don't know why. If anyone here has a lighthouse, I'll come by and visit.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #24
I'm six and a half weeks away from finishing my third year in college. I'm currently working on a BS in Business Accounting and trying to decide whether to go for a MBA or a MBT. In which case I'd graduate on '09 rather than '08.

Pages