PDN?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: PDN?
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #25
My name started out as a Russian translation of Latin root of my real name, when I needed to name a computer game character. However, when I needed an online name, I realized that it would be always mispronounced, so I played around with letters until I got something that sounded good. (Although it's still mispronounced, because I forgot that 'e' in open syllible is pronounced differently than in closed syllable.)
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Mine's Sindarin.

What does your name mean? (For people who are less familiar with elven languages.)

PS Why do my replies start a new page so often?

[ Sunday, March 26, 2006 20:06: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #26
Well, it's a bird. I picked it after wanting to get rid of the last pdn which I picked when I wanted to get rid of the previous one.

Redstarts were sometimes seen around my childhood home. Since the current hellhole I live in only has sparrows, magpies and crows flying around, I kind of miss the more colorful set of birds we used to have back home. Hence the name.

Also, I kind of like the fact that most users in this board have most likely never heard of the bird, much less seen it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #27
Mine is a variation of a nickname from college. I have been used to randomly decide an event when a coin or die was not available.

Accusations that I can affect probabilty in a local area are not true. Although there have been claims that I can telekineticaly control dice and even know what someone will roll before it happens. Someday I have to visit Vegas and try the games there.
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #28
I thought mine was one that I made up (because I saw all the cool names here and I thought I needed one as well).

But, when i signed up for AIM, and found someone who had it already, they told me my moniker meant "charm" in Old English. Which is neat.

[ Sunday, March 26, 2006 21:24: Message edited by: Inthrall ]

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #29
I had quite some names, actually. However, in all I did put "Thralni." This is of course the name of one of the generals that went down into Avernum with the first expedition, and the carrier of the Orb of Thralni. I just liked the name, so I took it. Later I discovered this to be quite a good name for me, as I like flying.

The current name (Mc "mini" Thralni) is a joke. Its actually the new Apple computer: Mac mini, but I made it Mc, as id scottish, and "mini" as a sort of nickname.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #30
Spring.

It comes from a nickname I am often called. *whistle*

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Mc 'mini' Thralni:

The current name (Mc "mini" Thralni) is a joke. Its actually the new Apple computer: Mac mini, but I made it Mc, as id scottish, and "mini" as a sort of nickname.
And here I was thinking it had something to do with MC Hammer. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 6234
Profile #32
Snafta is a nickname given to me by Thralni. His is Winnifred, but he doesn't really like it, and that's why he started calling me Snafta.

No chicken for sale is a name I made up, so that Thralni could recognise me. The reason I joined these forums was to communicate with Thralni (he had no MSN back then). So I posted some things and he read then, and it took some time, but finally he knew that it was me, and he got extremely mad :D .

But that's where my PDN came from.

--------------------
There are 400 words in the dictionary that begin with "self" and only 8 that begin with "fellow".

When in doubt. . . mumble.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #33
Mine was the synergy of "Super" and "Nikki". I cleverly dropped the "ki" from "Nikki", and changed the "er" to an "a" in "super".

Thus SupaNik. It means nothing at all.

And Nikki xx is my name with two kisses. As anyone on MSN knows, all my PDN's on that have two kisses after my name in homage to the most beautiful person who ever lived.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #34
Switched. No need to explain this one. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #35
You people have no shame.

Not that Dikiyoba has much either.
Warrior
Member # 6759
Profile Homepage #36
well this particular name came from this one msn conversation with my aussie pal who constanyly calls me kaz which then mutilated into kazza then kazaa. Then he made the completely unobvious connection with the file sharing program and called me kazaa.exe

I didn't like it, but the .exe tickled my fancy, especially the bit where we spoke of the possibility of me being downloadable. *chuckle*

.......what a lame story :D
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #37
By Zeviz:
quote:
What does your name mean? (For people who are less familiar with elven languages.)
Something like "Soundless Watchman", or along those lines. I should have done something in Dwarven, I know every word in that language (granted, Tolkein only wrote two Dwarven sentences in LoTR...).

--------------------
Baruk Khazad! Baruk Khazad!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #38
FYI - "Tyranicus" was the name of an evil spirit that possessed a bronze dragon in the SSI gold box game (a series which may have served as inspiration for JV) "Pool of Radiance." This game was likely released before you were born.

The thought that people on this board weren't even a glimmer in their father's eye when the likes of the gold box games, Dragon Warrior, or Final Fantasy 1 came out makes me feel so very old :(

"Drew" is my nickname; my name is Andrew Miller. I don't like using aliases - I think they're disingenuous.

[ Monday, March 27, 2006 12:05: Message edited by: Drew ]
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #39
Actually Drew, it was Tyranthraxus.

Ahh, the memories. :)
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #40
Wow - you're totally right! Sounded similar though... and I wouldn't be surprised if Tyranicus were a villian in some old game. Maybe I was combining Tyranthraxus with Irenicus from BG2... :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3980
Profile Homepage #41
My name is an implicit allusion to the important things in life that YOU are putting off while you read this. It did take some time for you to get the message - much shorter than it took me to understand the spiderweb general is part of your life itself.

[ Monday, March 27, 2006 23:03: Message edited by: Yet another procrastinator ]

--------------------
The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies. (not mine)
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #42
The name I was using, Commodore Redmark, came from two video game characters.

The obvious one is Erika Redmark, whom I worship as my god. I really don't know what makes me like her so much, but I learned to stop asking questions about myself a long time ago.

The second, from which I take Commodore, is my humble homeage to Commodore Wittcomb. He is the Captain Picard of the Star Ocean universe, and one of my favorite characters of all time. Even if he plays a very minor role, and dies way to early, he is still realy cool.

My current, Ashby, is fairly obvious as well. I hope..........

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #43
If anyone who knows me or has been around the board enough over the past two months knows...
Lenar Labs is a small division of an already production group, devoted to use other peoples' software to tell stories.
Lenar Labs is comprised of two guys from New Jersey who have aquired pseudonyms by stealing them from characters that they made up. We are Lord Grimm and the Silent Assassin.
The Lenar part comes from the name of a character we created called Maxor Lenar, who was a sorcerer who did some stuff that if revealed here would be a rotten spoiler if the story were ever published, but is similar in our collective mind to what we're doing with Avernum and other stuff.
And now that I'm finished pontificating, a word from my dear partner:

--------------------
The Silent Assassin has recently taken to collecting pens in an attempt to surreptitiously siphon off all of the ink as part of his newest plans in the fied of deranged subterfuge.
Knowing him, this plan will eventually also come to involve a large vat of bacon grease, a watermelon, a box of plasticware, a few bowling balls of varying weight, and my convertable VolksWagon Beetle.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

FYI - "Tyranicus" was the name of an evil spirit that possessed a bronze dragon in the SSI gold box game (a series which may have served as inspiration for JV) "Pool of Radiance." This game was likely released before you were born.
Dude, how young do you think I am? I remember Pool of Radiance. I don't remember Tyranicus though. Perhaps that might even be where i got the name if only self-consciously.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #45
quote:
Originally written by The Threadless Thread:

Premonition: Incurable curiosity forces me to ask what the RP was about and why your entry post fit the "premonition" bit. Was it the name of your character?
Not at all. My character's name was Iorantal, and the RP was one of those on the EV:N boards that celebrated randomness and absolute chaos. The post itself was something along the lines of, "A cold wind blew threw the bar without any visible source." It was only on the fourth or fifth of these kind of posts that my character actually appeared.

As I said, rather silly.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #46
That's similar to how you introduced Arianne.

Interesting concept, putting the scenic description in the foreground and the actual character in the back. I should try it some time... :)

[ Monday, March 27, 2006 21:30: Message edited by: crazy kitten ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #47
I hate to make you self-conscious, but I think you mean subconsciously.

—Alorael, who wonders if superconsciousness is the result of too much coffee.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #48
Dominican Desire was Jewels idea of what should be my custom title. I thought it was cool, and since I hadn't think of anything better ........
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #49
Originally written by You-know-who:

quote:
—Alorael, who wonders if superconsciousness is the result of too much coffee.
No, Dikiyoba achieves that state through drinking large amounts of soda. One might think "Aha! Caffeine!" but it's not. It's actually the carbonation.

Pages