An RP in the World of Avernum *Reloaded*

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: An RP in the World of Avernum *Reloaded*
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #50
The raid on the ship was quick. The Nephil may have been few in number, but each one had a lot of experience in the art of the bandit. No one, Nephil or sailors, were critically injured. The ship with the now imprisoned sailors promptly returned, with the rowboats used by the Nephil.

"Sir, we found something disturbing on the ship," said one of the returning Nephil, handing a piece of paper to Hmethrrr. He took it and read it.

"They were searching for the shipwreck of the Bordrao, huh? It's our warship now. For over 2 hundred years, it's been ours. But more importantly, was there a priest on the ship?" Hmethrrr responded.

"No, sir. But the ship had a cartographer, and it's just as we had feared. The empire is reforming to the south, on Pralgrad," said the Nephil.

"Gather four of our best warriors, and one of our...specialty rowboats. They shall be all I need to kidnap a priest from the Empire. Then Mrrrhrth shall rise. But if the priest won't help us..." Hmethrrr said.

As if on cue, a vicious growl sounded from one of the larger tents.

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #51
There's either no one up there, or they're very good at hiding, though Demetrius as he puzzled over the Agent reports. He had sent a few Agents up near Lorelei, both magically and non-magically talented, and gotten nothing. No overt military presence, just rumours of rumours of armed bands. Demetrius hated relying on rumours, cold hard facts was the way to go. He made a mental note to make the college solely defended by the Dominion Guard. The mercenaries were too easy to infiltrate.

He sighed, and returned to his letter. A shot in the dark, but a necessary one. He had to get access to crystals from Avernum. The Hunters would probably be willing to accompany a group of Battlemagi and Agents to what was left of Fort Emergence, but after that... Still no news from the Pit. I'm walking in with my eyes closed.

Thinking about the Hunters brought him back to his earlier musings. How on earth did that man gain so many followers? It galled him not knowing. Perhaps the library might hold some answers...

--------------------
GoldenKing, I think an official alliance is necessary now.

EDIT: I think that versions of the maps with borders on them will be nice. If Slarty or others can't find time to do this, I can.

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 10:10: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #52
OoC: I officially offer an alliance with Serith. I'm not in Northeast Exile yet, but I will most likely get there soon. I certainly can't go west, with Alec's barbarians rampaging around. :P

IC:

First he asks for my help, now he defies me. I should raze this city to the ground.

Lartaynior was again in his command tent, this time outside of Blosk. He had rethought his decision to leave Blosk behind. There are too many good fighting men to be had. Unfortunately, Renlo had also been doing some rethinking. Realizing that the Abyss Knights were unlikely to directly attack a walled city, such as his, he had decided not to pledge allegiance to the king after all. At least Blosk is easy to besiege. I don't know what I could have done at Almaria if Stannwick hadn't turned craven.

The siege was going well. He knew that Blosk relied on the mushroom fields in the lands surrounding for it's sustanance. Without those fields, they wouldnot be able to hold out much longer. Also, he had a plan to get inside.

"Sire, Iss-tha is here."

"Send him in."

A tall, fierce-looking Slithzerikai stooped to enter the tent. He looked proud, but he was also covered in dust.

"How is that tunnel coming?" Lartaynior asked bluntly.

"Very well, my lord," said Iss-tha in a sibilant voice, "We believe that we are directly under the walls at this very moment."

"This is good news." These Sliths from Gnass have proved good allies against the men from Blosk. I never thought I would be glad for something like this, but thank the gods Renlo is a racist. The Mayor of Blosk was well-known for his hatred of Sliths. This made it quite easy for Lartaynior to ally with the Sliths of Gnass. While they refused to fight, they had no problems digging a tunnel into Blosk.

"When can I expect the work to be done?"
"We should be ready in 4 days, sir."
"Very good. You may go."

--------------------

It was the dark of night. Lartaynior, the 10 men that comprised his personal guard, and Thomys, his mage sneaked out of the abandoned house in the northeast corner of the city. Silent as shades, they crept along the streets of Blosk, ducking into shadows whenever a guardsman past. Finally, they reached the mayoral residence, and Thomys quickly cast a sleeping spell on the guards outside the door. His guardsmen waited just inside, as Lartaynior crossed the room and quietly opened the door to Renlo's bedchamber. The mayor was snoring loudly. Lartaynior crept to his side and in one move put his dagger to the mayor's throat. Renlo jerked awake.

"Speak one word, and I'll cut out your throat."

Renlo nodded, terrified.

"Do you swear allegience to Lartaynior, your rightful king?"

Renlo nodded again.

"I'll have a binding oath. Thomys, cast the spell."

Thomys waved his hands, and a pruple light surrounded Renlo.

"Swear an oath," Lartaynior commanded.

"I pledge myself, my city, all it's properties, and my men to your service, King Lartaynior," Renlo alsmost whisperer in a terrified voice.

"Thank you. That spell makes your oath binding. If I were you, I wouldn't try to find out what would happen if you break that oath. I will leave you now. I'm sure you have matters that need your attention. Matters such as opening your gates to my men.

"O-of c-c-course, Sire," Renlo bowed and all but ran out of the room.

"You do know that my spell was nothing but a simple light spell, Your Grace?"

"Of course I do, but he doesn't," Lartaynior smiled for the first time since the siege of Blosk had started.

[ Sunday, December 03, 2006 15:31: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #53
On the behalf of TM.

OOC:

1. Wonko- Why the hell are you, a group devoted to intensely destructive magical artifacts, trying to ally with a militantly anti-magical cult?

2. Sullust- I'm not sure if the presence you're talking about is the one I was referring to in my previous post. If so, sorry, but that's physically impossible. But if it happens to be in the area of Grah-Hoth, that's a different story.

----

Krizsan. "Right. Get to the right- there are some guards coming." Raphael slowly yet deliberately moved against the wall as two guards walked by. None of them noticed him. Another presence this time: "What's wrong with you, man? You almost got us caught again. Anyway, the rest of us-- i.e., every one but you-- have reached a library." Raphael breathes a sigh of relief and continues walking on his cotton-bottom slippers towards the rest of his party. "Are there windows?" The other members all affirmed that. "Yes, Raph, there are windows. But we're on the third story. Anyway, you have the ropes, so do try and hurry."

The members of 'White' were busy searching through the bookshelves. The library itself was fairly well-guarded, but enough of the repeated sleep spells on the guards had given them a sizable timeframe to work with. Finally, Carrie stopped at one of the thicker tomes. "Here! This is it, you guys! Now all we have to do is take it out of the shelf like so, and--"

BRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIING! She should have seen it coming. Anyway, she could already hear the guards scrambling to get to the room. "Crap- one of you guys drag an unconscious guard over here. And do it quick-- the sleep spells will wear off imminently if this damnable noise keeps up. This book is too large; we won't be able to conceal it and get out of here with our skins, but we'll come back for it later. Raphael, get to work setting up that rope."

Quickly, the four members of 'White' got to business. Raphael was about to set up the rope when an inpatient Carrie skipped a step and shoved him out of the window. There were guards in the immediate area, but the sound of him landing on the ground was easily drowned out by the klaxons blaring above. The ground was cobblestone, allowing Raphael to fall to the ground without disrupting any grass or making a cloud of dust. The other three members followed quickly.

"Carrie May, you complete dumbass. And to think, you were yelling at ME for almost getting us caught. Good-fricking-job," said an irate Raphael as the four of them scrambled to flee the city. "Anyway," Carrie retorted, "I *was* able to sneak a peek at the tome. Rubicante was right to worry, at least from what the preface claims. And with the trap on it, I doubt it's a dummy. We'll see if we can't get passage to Vantanas on a mercantile cruiser. Oh, and cross your fingers- hope their magi can't figure out what happened."

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 11:35: Message edited by: The Worst Man Ever ]
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #54
OOC:

1. What's with all these "official" alliances in OOC conversation? That makes no sense. We are obviously free to scheme and plot among ourselves, via PM and such, but if an alliance is public and "official" it really ought to be IC. It makes no sense, for example, for Tyranicus to offer alliance to Serith when they have had no contact and one doesn't even know the other exists! I'll second what TM said, as well.

2. As for the "Motivation" column: what I put here is approximate. Obviously, every faction is interested in more than one thing. "Power" alone is something desired by pretty much everyone. A lot of people want "revenge." My choice of keywords was relative; it was based on differentiating the factions.

Also, "motivation" and "means" are NOT the same thing.

I will be updating the chart based on what I see in the RP... if something is not what you think it should be, then you should do a better job of characterizing that aspect of your faction! Whining will not get you anywhere with me.

3. "Location" refers to home territory, not the present location of an unspecified proportion of the forces.

4. If anyone else joins, Aizo and Vantanas (and Upper Exile, and the Lower Caves) have lots of space just waiting for factions! Also, variety is good.

5. As for the maps: it seems like an awful lot of work to update those, particularly since exact boundaries will probably be changing on a daily basis. We have a number of expansionist-minded groups, and others whose exact territory is ephemeral (like the Guild). I would recommend against putting much time into them, personally.

Edit: 6. Dintiradan: Sure, I don't see why not. I haven't mentioned it yet, but the book in question was written by Glogroth von Oobula (surprise, surprise).

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 12:16: Message edited by: Slartucker ]

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #55
Double post :(

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 12:22: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by The Worst Man Ever:

1. Wonko- Why the hell are you, a group devoted to intensely destructive magical artifacts, trying to ally with a militantly anti-magical cult?

OCC:
Perhaps I am but foolish, but I thought that the Anama only disliked actual mages and mage spells. You can still use magic items when you join, and they did have that huge treasure hoard.

It is the NEW Anama as well. Lazarus might decree that it's okay. We'll leave it to him to decide.

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 12:22: Message edited by: Wonko The Sane ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #57
OOC: Just to clear things up I've edited my last post. I was refering to Infernal's group.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #58
OOC:
I accept your alliance. At this time I need all the help I can get.
IC:
Tygra had seen it all. That foolish spies hadn't even known about his scrying pool. Tygra also had a good guess at what they were looking for. My magical convcing spell. Good thing the spell is heavily encrypted. They risked their lives for it, charming. Tygra had the book relocated into a magical safe.

Now, time to take over Bolton. There is a rather powerful mercenary group wandering around. I should get them to take out my enemies. Tygra wrote a letter to the mercenaries. He had decided to send them at the Goblin-Nephil-Nephar Alliance. Both of the groups were getting ot big to be ignored.
An hour later his scouts had returned from down the tunnel. They all bowed before Tygra deeply, kissing his feet. Tygra cleared his throat and the scouts gave their reports, "Master, the tunnel goes to a small cave! It's too deep for Upper Avernum, we have our own cave!" The news pleased Tygra, a tunnel to a cave! Tygra bit his lip deep in thought, waving the scouts away dismissively.
Within the next three weeks the Hunters had sent Bolton into revolt, taking over from there. All they had to do was stop the flow of food, causing the commoners to kill the corrupt beaurucrats (spelling?) and power crazy mages. From there the Hunters swept in, quickly adding Bolton to the Hunter territory.

From there they had sent wave after waze of tamed creatures north. They're mercenary army and the Goblin-Nephil-Nephar Alliance was not struck. Tygra had focused the attack on some people calling themselves representitives of the Order of Krell. They were dead in no time.

After that the Hunter army pushed the Goblin-Nephil-Nephar Alliance towards Sharimik. It worked. From there they sent the mercenary army and tamed creatures to Bigail to kill. He knew they wouldn't do much since they were so weak. The foolish mercenaries wouldn't make it back and now the Hunters controlled all the area between the Enlightened Anama and the Dominion of the Learned.

The final act of the week was to begin construction of a bridge between the Hunters and the Dominion of the Learned. The Hunters also destroyed the bridge that led towards Sharimik.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 14:50: Message edited by: Hunterking ]

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #59
OOC:

Wonko: The Enlightened Anama expel mages from their lands. Are you really suggesting that the Looters, who are obsessed with magical artifacts, don't have any mages in their ranks?

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #60
OOC: That as it may be, it's still Lazarus's decision. Perhaps he wishes to have secret dealings on the side. Who knows...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #61
Good point. I'll edit that out.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #62
EDIT: Thank you for toning down the insanity of your post. Despite the fact that the Order never had any representatives in Valorim to begin with, I can at least work with this.

Bear in mind, I plan to have the Order be aware of the attack.

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 13:39: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #63
1) It's only a couple representatives.

2) Magically summoned creatures disappear after a few minutes. Get a real army.

3) Slow down.

4) Spy crystals? Please no. And even if you could see something, you couldn't hear it.

5) It's bad roleplaying form to say that something one group captures isn't what they think it is. You're encouraged to go with the flow.

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 13:33: Message edited by: Drakefyre ]

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #64
OOC:

You want me to take it out? it's not like I'm attacking the entire faction. Just some backwater group trying to bring their message ot Valorim. You probably wouldn't be informed about it until our factions met, if they do.

EDIT: Right, I'll edit the part about the monsters. Fine I'll change it to a scrying pool, and this is my last invasion like this. I will slow down, but I wouln't take it out. okay is it good now?

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 13:38: Message edited by: Hunterking ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #65
OOC:
quote:
It's bad roleplaying form to say that something one group captures isn't what they think it is. You're encouraged to go with the flow.
This is true, but this only works if each player respects the basic premises of the other player's stories, when he makes events happen. The flow is a lot easier to go with then. It's not really appropriate to take somebody else's faction in a completely different direction from where it was not already headed in.

IC:
--------------------
Once a goblin came upon a human alone in the forest. Instead of killing the human, he followed it until it led him back to a city. Then he came back with his friends and killed all the humans, killed them good!

The moral of the story: take the useful knowledge out of a human head BEFORE you chop it off!

-- The Great Authoritative Extra Great Guide to Killing, Slaying, Butchering, and Otherwise Disemboweling Humans
--------------------

"Report! I am calling a reporting reportage, all mages, it's reporting reportage time!"

Glogroth's speech the week before hadn't gone great, and he was trying to distract himself by burying himself in reconaissance. The goblins were no longer confused by his decision to divide them into many different forces, but it was a change for them. They had all lived together for so long. It was a shock for them to be split up. They weren't too happy about it.

This was mostly offset by their glee at the approaching chance to kill lots of humans, though.

So Glogroth was in Goagh-Nar now. Goagh-Nar was the center of the Goblin Goblin scrying operation.

Now scrying was never something their mages had been very good at. It was hard enough for goblins, even smart ones, to curse things or to make them burn; clairvoyance had seemed out of the question. But Glogroth's predecessor, Groovilla, had wisely forced the mages to put all their effort into finding spells that spied on spells. It took a long time, well into Glogroth's own Great Goblinhood, but now he was reaping the benefits. They weren't good at coming up with their own magic, but now they could just watch what the stupid human mages did and copy them.

And that was also the secret behind their scrying. They never succeeded in copying scrying spells, but they could watch the spells, as long as they weren't too far away. So they just scried on scrying spells. Such work proceeded at a lurching and unpredictable pace, and the information they got was confusing and had to be interpreted, and even then it was sometimes contradictory.

But, as Glogroth liked to observe, the world was a contradictory place.

"Scrying Goblins Number the First reporting, Great Goblin! We found a mage looking at Nephilim. They were hiding, now they are not hiding. They are attacking humans, they are killing the humans that we are to kill, killing them!" Glogroth nodded. They had found Nephilim before. He wasn't sure what would come of that. They might fight together to kill the humans, but he wanted to let his goblins kill all the humans themselves. They really deserved that honor. At least some of the humans dealt with Nephils as equals.

"Scrying Goblins Number the Secondary reporting, Great Goblin! We also found a mage looking at Nephilim, but they were different Nephilim. They were not killing things, no they were not."

"Scrying Goblins Number the Thirdness reporting, Great Goblin! We found even more Nephilim, and we have cross-referenced like cross-referencers, but we think they are different too."

Glogroth burped. "What about HUMANS, you fools? Did anyone find mages looking at humans?"

"Scrying Goblins Number the Four reporting, Great Goblin! We found humans. We think they are confused. They are trying to pretend the Empire still exists, when it is superbly in the non-existance! We also found other humans. They were in a big city and were sending an army out." Glogroth knew from maps and from previous scrying that their were only a few really big cities nearby. Still, this was nothing to be concerned with.

"Scrying Goblins Number the Fifth reporting, Great Goblin! We found a mage who was looking at Gilgamegob!" Glogroth sighed. Gilgamegob was one of his lieutenants. He was leading the goblin army who had gone east, towards the swamps. This was good news, because it meant they could track Gilgamegob's progress. It was also bad news, because it meant humans were watching him. He had hoped they could stay in the shadows for a little while longer.

"Send riders to alert Gilgamegob! And give them some glug for his troops, glug for them!"

The reports continued for a while longer, but the rest weren't as interesting. There were a lot of mages scrying on each other. Glogroth suspected that the humans were getting ready to kill each other again. They were such fools. However, his mages hadn't found anyone scrying on the other goblin armies. Glooramza's army, to the north, and Gloodelita's army, in the northeast mountains, were undetected, as were Dorga's western army and Kappa's southern army. At least, they were undetected for now.

Glogroth burped again. He was exhausted. Working in Goagh-Nar was always draining. He dismissed his mages and headed over to the Big Holy Hole to chat with the Gobby Gods.

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 16:13: Message edited by: Slartucker ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #66
Interesting, thought Demetrius as he read the tome, sitting in the Library of History. He had decided that Nyrulia must have had access to some sort of magical item, and so had his librarians search for information on politically active magi in Southern Valorim. So Bojar lead a group of fanatic bandits. So similar to the present condition. He had to think of some circumventive way to ask Nyrulia about it. Such power in the hands of my Agents...

Demetrius looked about the library. Out of the entire college, this room held the most dangerous contents. Pure, unadulterated, uncensored history. When he had first come to the position of College Magister, before it had become a political position, he had made great efforts to find out the true version of events. History is truly written by the victor. He supposed whoever emerged victorious from the current happenings would make efforts to erase all mention of the current times. And they say the Old Empire lasted five millenia. Ha!

He returned to his book. Fate had smiled on him this day. The book detailed the efforts of a group of Avernite forces during the Time of Plagues, and he had stumbled across an interesting discovery. The book mentioned in passing one Ernest, to the west of Fort Emergence. It referred to him as the 'Portal Mage'. It wouldn't hurt to send two or three Agents along with the Battlemagi to Fort Emergence.

Demetrius finally rose up. There was still much to do today. After witnessing the creation of the Dominion Guards for the College, he had to meet with the representatives from Gebra and Gorst, to begin the rebuilding of their once-proud navy. And then there was the creation of defenses of the mountain passes to the north...

Demetrius shook his head. The work never ended.

--------------------
Slarty, the 'official alliances' refers to alliances so open that any faction can discover about them, so long as their eyes and ears are not blind and deaf.

This had been said before, but it bears repeating. GoldenKing, as much as I would like an all-powerful ally (or not...), please slow down. Taking unclaimed territory is fine, but now that all the borders in the south are defined, it would be nice to the other players to continue at the pace you are going.

EDIT: Goblins scrying on mages scrying. What if the mages scryed on the goblins scrying the mages scrying the...

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 15:04: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #67
Tygra was in the recently built barricade near the tunnel to Fort Emergence. He was in a pinch. He had nothing against the Enlightened Anama, but the obvious choice of an ally was the Dominion of the Learned.

Tygra woke up. He hadn't even realized that he had fallen asleep. I'm getting too stretched with all the new initiates. I need help, perhaps if I have the person I tell the spell under my direct control I could get it done.

Tygra saw a group of people in robes heading towards him. They were on horseback and Tygra could immediantly tell they were not Hunters. judging by their aura Tygra guessed they were mages.

When the riders arrived the gaurds stopped them. The common questions that you'd expect to hear. The people dismonted trudging towards Tygra. They told him who they were and why they were here.

The Dominion of the learned, perfect. Now I can cement my alliance. He told him that they would be allowed to pass with some elite soldiers of his own. "On one condition, one of you goes back to your master and tell him that I want an alliance." Tygrus told them. Finally one of them got back on their horse and headed back.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #68
OCC: Lazarus! Please post or IM me about accepting or declining my offer so that I can post.
Otherwise you'll turn the :) into a :( . No one wants that.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #69
On TM's behalf again.

OOC: The "I saw it" excuse is still a terrible one. You're not going to see invisible and soundless spies, and unless your two magi spend all of their time watching their library with a scrying pool, you'd not see anyone doing anything. On the other hand, it is okay for you to be nervous, since guards all falling asleep at once isn't a common occurence.

----

Delan. The local enforcer of the Hunters was busy organizing troops, when he suddenly heard a commotion outside. "Why do they waste my time?" he muttered under his breath, walking outside of the barracks area. What he saw was a bunch of people hovering around a frightened group of merchants.

"SILENCE!" Everyone stopped speaking and turned to Commander Lyonard. "What is the commotion? Tell me or disperse." The merchant turned to Lyonard and said, "Pirates! Pirates are attacking! My fleet has been captured, save for the very dinghy I fled on! Oh please, commander sir, do something!"

Lyonard spat. The Hunters didn't have much of a navy, and if pirates decided to plague the city's merchants, then the pathetic mercantile defense fleets were going to be quickly outclassed. He began shouting out orders. "Someone get a messenger on horseback! Send word back to Krizsan immediately. Tell them to summon whatever navy they have, and to do it quickly. Send any mercantile cargo ships in port east to Krizsan or Colchis. Confiscate any merch--"

A cry of "Message for the commander! Make way!" broke the silence. Lyonard turned to see a man on horseback with a letter in his hand rapidly approaching the crowd. The man got off of his steed and the crowd parted for him. Lyonard snatched the letter without a word.

"Dear Commander Lyonard of Delan,
I regret to inform you that pirates have been waylaying merchants relentlessly, and we haven't the navy to repel them. Beware, I think they may be headed eastward towards you as well. Pass this message on to Krizsan; it would be awful to have all merchant activity in the area halted simply because of opportunistic brigands.
Signed, Commander Sturgeon of Delis"

Cmdr. Lyonard grabbed the merchant. "Did you see any flags or markings on the pirate ships that waylaid you?" The merchant shook his head, indicating a "no." The commander pushed the merchant aside and prepared to think of a way to continue trade despite not having a navy sufficient to achieve it.

----

"Aye, I've gotten word from me mates on the southern coast of Valorim that all trade has been stopped. The meager navy of them Hunters scrounged from the Empire remains looks not to be much of a threat. Plus, me mates made sure to take down our flags. We've been sending the refugees to villages across Vantanas, many of them to the Order. And aye, I honor me word- we didn't rob a single one of 'em." Rubicante clasps his hands together. "Good. This won't exactly starve them out immediately, but it's a good start. Carrie May has confirmed what I believed initially: The Hunters are nothing more than an opportunistic group of genocidal bullies. Their organization shouldn't be particularly difficult to dismantle if we can find a way to dispel the effects of their magics. That reminds me. Cagnazzo, you said that you managed to apprehend a few of their magically afflicted mind-slaves, correct?" Cagnazzo shakes his head. "We did-- a group of patrolling soldiers, twenty strong-- but most of them tried killin' themselves by one way or another. It's the only way we were able to tell the merely devoted apart from those affected by the spell."

Rubicante produces a blank sheet of paper from his desk. "Now, to consult the Druids. The Guild doesn't have the magical capacities to find a way to undo the effects of the spell, but the Order of Krell might be of assistance in dispelling their enchantments. So long as they can do that, my agents combined with your navy should be able to find a way to distribute whatever manner of purgation they develop."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #70
Enhard paused a moment to take stock of the situation. He was breathing hard, and his arm ached from when a heavy blow had caught his shoulder, but he was not yet seriously injured.

The attack had caught them unawares. With half his army left at the last fortified town to ensure that the forces of the previous petty warlord remained subdued, and his forward scouts missing, Enhard was fighting an uneven battle against the nephilim rabble. It was a challenge, a great challenge, and Enhard offered thanks to Kaz for this opportunity to show his worth. His men were a mixture of seasoned veterans and inexperienced recruits, but not one of them had broken courage in the onslaught. Enhard rallied them and passed out his orders for the final destruction of the nephil attackers. On the far side of the field there were others fighting the nephils. He did not know who they might be, but they seemed organised enough; it would be fairly easy to press the nephils from the two sides, catching them between the two separate armies. The light of battle shone in Enhard's eyes and in the eyes of his army.

"Glory to Kaz!"

As Enhard rushed into the fray once more, the blessing of his god flowed into his body, lending strength to his arm and power to his blade.
Apprentice
Member # 6902
Profile #71
OOC

I really don't have the time or energy to participate in an RP right now, so I'm not going to be posting any more IC posts here.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #72
OOC: TM, it's not a mind control spell. It makes me extremly convincing, that's all. Oh and Tygra doesn't watch it all the time, he get's a servant to do it.
EDIT: Due to vacation for the next week or so I wouln't be able to play. Please don't do anything bad like invading me while I'm away. That would be mean.
IC:
Tygra was back in Krizsan. The pirate ravages were bad, but not too bad. Tygra had started building a navy, he had meant it for invading Bigail, but that could wait. Whoever the boss of these pirates was, they had no idea who they were messing with.
Tygra had started trade with the Dominion of the Learned and from them gotten some rechargable wands. Tygra had loaded his new navy with them. Tygra gathered his people for a meeting.

"The foolish pirates and their idiotic leader are weak! If they knew who they were messing with then they would be fleeing in terror! I have started creating a fleet of ships to destroy them, and soon they will all be dead or Hunters! My people, even though we've lost contact with our allies from across the sea, however we have our allies in the Dominion of the Learned. What's more, we have started to build a massive flag ship to lead the assault!" Tygrus boomed out to his people.
Tygra's "fleet" was not experienced, however their weapons made them enough of a threat to the pirates. Within a few bloody battles the pirates had stopped attacking the mainland. Instead they were attacking ships going away from Valorim.
With the immediate threat of pirates gone Tygra had his royal slaves work on his royal slaves work on the flag ship. Also Tygra had sent a band of twenty or so soldiers down the tunnel. He told them to get a fort set up and protect it at all costs.

Finally Tygra walked to the new garden he had set up for thinking. The garden was a square mile of beautiful, exotic flowers. Tygra had called it the Garden of Tranquility. I need a way to stop those pirates once and for all. Tygra twirled his hair around as he thought.

A soldier quietly came up. Bowing deeply he told Tygra two things, "I have been informed that your ship is near done and that your fort in the cave has been established. Also they've found that the cave has that mysterious glowing moss." the soldier said then went away. Tygra looked up, at the flag of the Hunters, a black background and a red eye with a golden outline, flapping above him constantly looking for non-humans.

[ Monday, April 03, 2006 14:53: Message edited by: Hunterking ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #73
OOC

quote:
Originally written by Serith:

I really don't have the time or energy to participate in an RP right now, so I'm not going to be posting any more IC posts here.
You changed a huge part of Avernum (Vahnatai invasion and whatnot) and are now abandoning it. This annoys me greatly. I mean, why change the face of northeast Avernum and then leave?

quote:
Originallywritten by Slartucker:
1. It makes no sense, for example, for Tyranicus to offer alliance to Serith when they have had no contact and one doesn't even know the other exists! I'll second what TM said, as well.
Do you really think that as the King of Avernum (or 2 cities in the Great Cave as the case may be), that I'm not kept aware of what's happening in other parts of my realm? (Even if those parts of the realm do not accept my rule as of yet. :P )

[ Friday, March 24, 2006 19:24: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #74
A banging on the door woke Shayan from his slumber. He groped about in the dark for his candle, “Who could be calling in the dead of night?” he asked himself. “Probably a peasant from Bavner coming to me with a sick goat or some such nonsense.”

Another bang followed by a demand to open up. Peasants never demanded of a mage, and come to think of it, people rarely came to Shayan looking for help ever since the new fanaticals had taken power.

After throwing on his robe, Shayan cracked open the door hesitantly, “What do you want of me?”

A swift kick sent the door smashing in on him; Shayan found himself lying on his back looking up on five armored men. “We have a warrant for your arrest”, they didn’t wait for Shayan to answer before hauling him out, and setting fire to his home. As the prison cart rolled away from his home, Shayan could only watch as hit hut burned a blazing beacon in the sky.

------------------------------

A large crowd had gathered in the Temple of Shayder, and listened in rapture to the Archbishop speak.

“The Enlightened Anama’s enemies tremble in fear. We have driven the cowardly wizards out of their dungeons and lairs, they will now stand trial for their crimes.”

The crowd roared in delight. The Archbishop concluded his speech and filed out of the Temple, followed by his attendants.

--------------------------------

As the Archbishop walked by, Father Steele called out to him. By this time he was in the upper hallways of the temple, and moving swiftly towards his personal study.

“Archbishop, the purging has gone well, any wizard who was not captured has fled or gone into deep hiding. We have not heard a word of protest from the small folk.”

Knor turned to reply, “This is good, but it is not enough. If we are to take our crusade to all of Ermarian we shall need to find a reliable supply of ore. Our island doesn’t lack for lumber or food, but we require mines. We will move on Karnold province.”

“Your holiness, our fleet is strong, but we do not possess the strength to land an attack on a major city.”

“I have met with the leader of the Looters, they will aid us in seizing Soft Port. From there we can move on the rich lands to the South East.”

“Your holiness, from what I have heard these Looters’ sole goal is the pursuit of enchanted artifacts and arcane items, the old order used to bend the rules to accept such things but you…”

“I have not changed my stance. There is no better choice to give us land support in our attack, if our alliance helps them succeed in finding the magic they desire, then so be it. Better that such things are in the hands of friends of the Anama than those of treacherous wizards. Small evils like this must be suffered if we are to at last see an end to the mages’ infectious presence.”

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?

Pages