Kissing a girl

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Kissing a girl
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #75
quote:
Originally written by WST ben:

I'll remind you that you were nearly elected moderator. And then you. . . leave??
Believe me, I wouldn't have left if I had been elected. I would have stuck around and fulfilled my responsibilities. Those who placed trust in me with their votes would not have been left disappointed.

As it was, though, I was left free to do as I wished. And I grew tired of this place and wished to leave, so I did. In many ways, I am happy that I lost the election.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #76
quote:
Originally written by Dmitri Mikea Vorchev:

Ugh...Tom Wellings? No. I get mad whenever I accidentally click on Smallville, since he's just not good-looking...Jensen Ackles? Lots better.
Oh come on! I admit that Tom has nothing on Jensen, but he's definately good-looking. Especially when he smiles. And he's lost his shirt. :D Which seems to happen with fair frequency. :D

To Stug: I find that interest in the boards can wax and wane through the years. Don't be too certain that you might not become highly active again sometime in the future. Likely after a many-month absence. Absence makes the heart grow fonder after all!

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #77
Well yeah. It even happened to me, although I originally lost interest due to losing my internet.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #78
We're going to need a few new fast-posting newbies to attempt to replace all these leaving oldbies. :(

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #79
I may be able to help with that a bit if/when my schedule allows... :D

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #80
There will never be good enough newbies to replace our beloved oldies.
Also, am I the only one disturbed by Alex's last comment???. I agree with him, but should he be the one commenting it?
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #81
Actually, I was just thinking the same thing...

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #82
Do I have to remind you about the harm that can come from thinking?

*this message sponsored by the monkeys*
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

quote:
Originally written by Dmitri Mikea Vorchev:

Ugh...Tom Wellings? No. I get mad whenever I accidentally click on Smallville, since he's just not good-looking...Jensen Ackles? Lots better.
Oh come on! I admit that Tom has nothing on Jensen, but he's definately good-looking. Especially when he smiles. And he's lost his shirt. :D Which seems to happen with fair frequency. :D

I have yet to see him without a shirt, and I don't like his smile—especially his eyes when he smiles. They look almost...scary.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
I eat blueberries in pie square.
Xerch'de/Rate.
I miss you, but I haven't met you yet.
So special, but it hasn't happened yet.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #84
Oh, don't be so square, Marlenny! Even my wife and I have a deal where Johnny Depp is allowed to come between us, either way. Nothing wrong with a little man crush! :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #85
Eventually newbies post enough and get along well enough to eventually be considererd respectable members, and eventually they will become the oldbies. I mean, I'm still a newbie but all of you older members had to start somewhere.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #86
True, and I'm not saying that they won't be important. I’m a newbie myself, and hopefully I’ll be important some day too. Yet I think that it is impossible to substitute the place of one of our oldies.
And to Drew: I’m not trying to be square, but I just didn’t see it coming from Alex. Now, Johnny Deep?? Good choice, though my bf picked Angelina Jolie for both sides.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #87
*sighs* I've had so many people in my life have such a completely different concept of me than is actually accurate. Though I suppose it's mostly my own lack of communication. When I stop and think about it, I am sometimes amazed at the number of things that I think all the time that I would never actually say.

quote:

I don't understand why most straight guys think 2 girls going at it is so hot.
Personally, I thought this implied it clearly enough.

[ Friday, October 07, 2005 18:28: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #88
Edit: meant to puch "edit" not "quote".

[ Friday, October 07, 2005 18:28: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #89
Edit: can't beleive I did it twice :rolleyes: can you tell this is a subject that makes me nervous?

[ Friday, October 07, 2005 18:30: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #90
Huh. How do you reconcile that with Mormonism, out of curiosity?

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #91
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

With a great deal of psychological and emotional difficulty.

Longer reply coming.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #92
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Also, am I the only one disturbed by Alex's last comment???. I agree with him, but should he be the one commenting it?

I never meant that I could replace anyone. Thus my saying that maybe I could help, as opposed to my saying that I could do it ("it", of course, being replacing the leaving oldies). :)

quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Oh, don't be so square, Marlenny! Even my wife and I have a deal where Johnny Depp is allowed to come between us, either way. Nothing wrong with a little man crush! :)
Back off!! Johnny's mine!! :mad: ~shakes fist~

I may not be a petite blonde, but I speak French! ;)

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #93
quote:

That's kind of pessimistic, doncha think, Marlenny? There are all kinds of cool people in the world who can come along at any time and bring something new to the scene. If you mean that every person is unique and no one is really replaceable, I agree with you fully there. I don't like it when anyone goes away in life. It just doesn't feel right. It's like taking a backwards step.

[ Saturday, October 08, 2005 06:45: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #94
darn double post

[ Saturday, October 08, 2005 06:37: Message edited by: Synergy67 ]

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #95
quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

If you mean that every person is unique and no one is really replaceable, I agree with you fully there.
I think that's what she meant. :)

--------------------
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #96
quote:
Originally written by Muji:

quote:
Originally written by Synergy67:

If you mean that every person is unique and no one is really replaceable, I agree with you fully there.
I think that's what she meant. :)

Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. I'm not really good with words as some of you have noticed.

To Alex: I always get the wrong impressions on people, Sorry.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #97
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

To begin, “with psychological and emotional difficulty” is more a description of how I’m coping with it than how I “reconcile it with Mormonism”. The official view of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is that the homosexual act is a sin, embracing the homosexual lifestyle is incompatible with the church’s teachings, but having homosexual feelings bars you from nothing within the church. However, since a key part of the church’s doctrine includes getting married (to a member of the opposite sex) and having children, they do encourage you to seek to overcome your homosexual feelings.

I can see half of you sneering in disdain already. Try to read this next part, at least, with an open mind.

I am a rational person. Above all else, I trust in my abilities to think, reason, and come to clear, logical conclusions. I am not a blind follower. I did not realize I had homosexual feelings and just say to myself “Oh, well my church says I should change so I guess I will.” In the last two years there has not been a single day that I haven’t thought about it, analyzed it, considered my options, and tried to figure out what to do. I have often given very serious consideration to leaving my church to follow society’s view of it simply being an “alternate lifestyle”.

I have thought about it, and thought about it, and considered it, and have given it some research. What I have found is a lack of conclusive scientific evidence that homosexuality is predetermined and unchangeable. What I have found is the last century of conclusive scientific studies that show that homosexuality is a psychological condition that generally begins development in very early childhood. I have thought about this, and analyzed it, and considered it in relation to my own feelings and situation and I find it very clear that homosexuality is indeed a psychological condition.

Many scientific, non-religious sources record many cases of people who have genuinely changed from homosexual to heterosexual. Much like many other major psychological conditions, homosexuality is a pervasive psychological condition that affects some fundamental parts of the mind. Thus, while it is true that the complete replacement of homosexual feelings with heterosexual feelings does not happen in the majority of cases, it has happened in many cases and a majority do report notable and significant change. This, then, shows that homosexuality is not an unalterable condition.

From this conclusion, derived from purely scientific sources, I am then left with two options. First, I can accept it, decide that since I already feel this way and society increasingly accepts homosexuality as perfectly normal that there is no reason to try to change it, and choose to consider homosexuality as part of my identity. Or second, I can choose to try to change it, as it is possible to do so and both psychologists and my religion agree that I will be more mentally healthy and happier if I do so.

It is a very difficult decision. I have considered the pros and cons of both options. In the end, after daily spending hours of reasoning and arguing both sides I continually come to one conclusion: I am physically and emotionally attracted to members of the same sex, I would greatly enjoy going out on dates with guys, having a boyfriend, etc…for about the next ten years. It is plain and simply undeniable fact that men and women are not the same. I could have a lot of fun with being with guys, but deep down I really yearn for the kind of relationship it is only possible to have with a member of the opposite sex. I want to have children someday, I want them be able to be raised by both their birth parents in a stable, loving relationship. I’m young, I want to have fun and pleasure, but the emotional needs I have for intimacy with men, while they can be temporarily fulfilled by sexual/romantic relationships can also be fulfilled, and more deeply and permanently, in non-sexual, usual relationships with men. The things I really want, long-term, for my lifetime, I really don’t think I can get from a relationship with another guy, and I do think I could get from a relationship with a woman. For me, (and I emphasize “for me”) in the end it is a decision of the temporary fulfillment of sexualized emotional needs or long-term achievement of all the things I really want in life.

In conclusion, here is the short version of my lengthy reply to Ash’s question: I actually reconcile it easily with my religion because I have decided to try to change and that’s the most that my church will ever ask of me.

Of course, as my replies in this thread show, I am not perfect and when the feeling of the moment gets the best of me I do like to talk about hot guys. ;)

And to those who think my reply was really more than was necessary and that I have completely derailed the thread, I say: I’m sorry, but I have been absolutely dying to talk to someone and you have no idea how good it feels to have finally expressed my thoughts. Ignore the whole thing if you like.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #98
quote:

hopefully I’ll be important some day too.
I'd say you're important right now, Marlenny. Why must we measure things by quantity? How about by quality? You've plainly got plenty of that.

And that's all I have to say about that.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #99
quote:

Ignore the whole thing if you like.
No way.

That was an incredible post.

As much because of the courage of its honesty as for the depth and breadth of the subject matter.

I just woke up, but expect a proper reply later.

--------------------

Pages