What's your most embarassing moment?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's your most embarassing moment?
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
Since I've haven't started a new topic thread in the last 2-3 days, well, here's a new one for ya.

Like the topic thread sez, what's is your most embarassing moment? (whether it was some event or something you did to make a fool of yourself, or something else...)

FYI: A Korean man who recently lost his job, played 50 hours straight of video games, since he was so depressed in losing his job, (nonstop with no food, water or bathroom breaks of any kind) and literally dropped dead afterwards because of extreme fatigue and exhaustion, which in turn caused heart failure and eventually seconds later, his own death.

Edit: The FYI is actually a true story if anyone bothers to look it up. It was in my morning newspaper and it happened to be on the front page for some odd reason...

Edit 2: The most embarassing moment I did was giving a speech in the wrong lecture room because I got to campus about an hour late and I stumbled into the wrong room by accident, as I was only half awake at the time. The whole class laughed after I finished the speech and the professor told me to do the speech now in your OWN room!

Edit 3: Since this thread is starting to go off topic, it is now open to any horrific or gruesome events that you'd like to share with the SW community. Don't forget to leave your sanity at the door while you're at it...

Edit 4: If you have other kinds of weird moments, mention those too...thinking outside "the box"...

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 05:50: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
I was playing (drums) in a concert, and my only pair of sticks broke less than a minute into our 30 minute frame.

We had to play acoustic songs until someone got back from the store with a new pair.

I felt dumb. For no good reason.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #2
There have been several occasions during concerts and recitals where I have dropped my bow. There have also been two times where I forgot my memorized music and had to back up quite a bit to remember. It's even worse when afterwards the only advice people have for me is to smile while I'm playing and look at the audience when I bow.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
I think mine was also ina concert. i was just beginning with the first note of my solo, when that note went horribly wrong. the rest was fine, but that one note was simply awful!

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #4
While I was in the army reserve in Canada, one night in the officers' mess I met a regular army captain whom I had last known some years before at a summer training camp. Talking of other people we had both worked with there, a memorably attractive female reserve officer was mentioned.

It happened that I had had a feud with her at the time, over some stupid issue of protocol, and I was young enough that this still rankled. So I criticized her character in harsh terms forbidden by the CoC here, and quite possibly also by the customs of the service for that matter. My old colleague replied, appositely given the precise accusations I had made: "Not at all. I married her."

Fortunately, this particular guy was easy going, and junior infantry officers are basically expected to be complete idiots, so the episode passed as par for the course. And since then I have been rather more careful not to criticize people behind their backs.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #5
I know I have had many, many impressive accidents, but luckily I am good at repressing memories. I can honestly say that I can't for the life of me recall any single really embarassing one at the moment.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #6
My most embarassing moment would be waking up at my best friend's house, only to realise that at somepoint during the previous night I had written "Rhythm Has Left The Building" in permanent marker pen on her early 20th century piano, of which maybe a hundred had ever been made.

[ Wednesday, August 10, 2005 10:26: Message edited by: Morgan ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #7
Well, I was giving a long press release on national television about the expantion of Argentina's economy, and I made the point that it was a good thing that small businesses had stuck their noses up at big American corporations like IBM, when I was privately brought the news from the information feed in my ear device that all six ambassadors to and from America and China and Argentina were assasinated by a car bombing in D.C.. A reporter thinking it was time for questions, seeming to remember the situation of censorship raised his hand and presented the question of whether or not "this would affect foreign relations between corporations like Microsoft and China," since the American corporations would begin to see that people in unprivileged countries, whether by Communism or an underdeveloped national economy would be able to speak for themselves. Not remembering that the news came from my ear feed, and going into a panic, I said, "What are you talking about? Of course six important men dying in a random terrorist attack is going to draw attention worldwide! Run back home, but don't turn on your cars! This place could be set to blow! This interview is over!" Everyone looked at me worriedly, and some giggled, and I knew I had said something stupid. I blushed, apologized, and ran out of the room for a cigarrette. That was my most embarrassing moment. Either that or the time I was found out lying on the Irony Central boards.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Morgan:

My most embarassing moment would be waking up at my best friend's house, only to realise that at somepoint during the previous night I had written "Rhythm Has Left The Building" in permanent marker pen on her early 20th century piano, of which maybe a hundred had ever been made.
That's not embarassing, that's just bloody hilarious.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #9
I don't remember. I try to get most of those moments out of my head so I don't keep telling myself "Why on earth did I do that?"

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Whilst doing work experience at a hospital, I once became somewhat lost and inadvertently wandered into the psychiatric inpatient ward. Given my slightly dishevelled appearance and the fact that I wasn't carrying any identification, it took some fast talking to get myself out of there.

This isn't actually my most embarrassing moment, but it's the only one that I feel comfortable relating as an anecdote.

[ Wednesday, August 10, 2005 20:59: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #11
Middle school - History class - I was being a good student listening to the teacher when I notice that a couple of the popular boys who sit behind me were snickering. While trying to pretend I didn't notice their laughter I looked around a bit to see if I could find out what was so funny. I had been leaning forward for most of the class and just happened to catch a glimpse down the collar of my shirt in my looking. I knew exactly what they were snickering about and was mortified. I had worn my shirt with the cut and beaded sleeves which I usually wear with a turquoise tanktop underneath but I had forgotten the tanktop and hadn't taken to wearing bras yet. All the time I was leaning forward they had a clear view of my breasts (or lack thereof) through the armhole of my shirt. I leaned back and kept my arms to my side for the rest of the day. After class one of them commented on my 'Nice shirt!'. I told him 'Thanks.' and pretended not to know what he was talking about, but I was dying inside.

[ Wednesday, August 10, 2005 19:04: Message edited by: The Ghost of Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
I don't really have many embarassing memories, as I tend not to get embarassed. The worst I can think of would be dropping my books at school.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #13
For me it would have to be when this girl liked me and I ended up going up and talking to her and hitting on her etc, only to find out about 20 minutes into this, with her looking really awkward, I realised I was talking to her twin.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #14
Fortunately, I forgot what my most embarrassing moment was.

[ Thursday, August 11, 2005 05:46: Message edited by: Repellent ]
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #15
Embarasment? What is embarasment? Oh, now I know, you're talking about when...

...nevermind.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #16
I'm not very easily embarrassed, and I wouldn't want to post the really bad ones; I'll post if I think of something.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #17
There have been quite a few, but the one that comes to mind occurred one Friday night in my fifth semester at college, shortly after I first started to drink. I had made the mistake of eating a small pizza by myself right before I took to the booze. A Colt and a Boone's later, I began to feel rather queasy. Certainly I was not in full possession of my faculties by this point, and I made the mistake of putting on my shoes before running out into the hallway towards the dorm bathroom.

Predictably, I vomited twice on my way to the bathroom, making a monumental mess of my clothing and the floor. By the next day the news that I was responsible for the stench had spread to the entire populace of the floor, and I was forced to deal with numerous snide comments for the next few days. Quite an embarassment.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

This isn't actually my most embarrassing moment, but it's the only one that I feel comfortable relating as an anecdote.
Aww... come on Thuryl. Give us the goods. I've got a couple more I could share, both seemingly less embarassing then the first but for some reason I 'feel' more embarassed about them.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #19
I had two rather embarrassing moments. Pretty much the only ones I can remember anymore.

The first was when I was still thinking, "God could make me straight" back in like 9th grade. My mom told me that the mother of this one girl from church said that her daughter had an interest in insects. So I figured, what can I lose by trying to chat her up? So, I went and sat at her table at lunch and said, "So, I hear that you're interested in bugs." To say the least, she gave me a weird and horrified look and turned red. And I realized that I said it to her in front of the whole table, which also heard it. Turns out that she was EXTREMELY shy. And I realized then that I had just made an idiot of myself. I was trying to chat up a girl when I had had never done it before and had just used what was probably the word pick-up line ever.

The other was when I was performing on TV Night, which was a talent show the school held every year. And during the beginning of the song I was singing, I choked. Then when I recovered, the CD that was playing over the speakers skipped, and I had to find my place in the song again. I felt horrible afterward.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
The Polaris Board
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Whilst doing work experience at a hospital, I once became somewhat lost and inadvertently wandered into the psychiatric inpatient ward. Given my slightly dishevelled appearance and the fact that I wasn't carrying any identification, it took some fast talking to get myself out of there.
And if this was after you came to Spiderweb, then you shouldn't have been let out really, should you? :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #21
More fun that way, though.

I tend to embarass myself on what seems to be a daily basis, but small things I can handle. Bigger things... hmm... one time I announced a piano piece before playing it in a school concert, played the first half or so, then suddenly realized I'd somehow switched over to a different piece along the way. I finished the piece and disappeared for a bit afterwards, although nobody ever mentioned my mistake.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I'm at a lost for the moment.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #22
that i had many times (although not during concerts) I played one thing, and went on to something completely different.

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

More fun that way, though.

I tend to embarass myself on what seems to be a daily basis, but small things I can handle. Bigger things... hmm... one time I announced a piano piece before playing it in a school concert, played the first half or so, then suddenly realized I'd somehow switched over to a different piece along the way. I finished the piece and disappeared for a bit afterwards, although nobody ever mentioned my mistake.

I'm sure there are plenty more, but I'm at a lost for the moment.

Any piano players or music experts in the audience?
When you're playing a piano piece, you notice a whole lot more than the ones who are listening, in my experience.

Perhaps some of them wondered if they didn't remember the piece going differently, but were too afraid of embarassing themselves to ask? :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #24
Sitting behind a microphone gives me a great many opportunities to publicly embarass myself, and I take quite a few of them. Leaving the mic on while singing along to the music rates highly. And of course, informing everyone that they can expect local fosts and frogs in the morning while doing the weather.

[ Thursday, August 11, 2005 23:42: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.

Pages