What's your most embarassing moment?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What's your most embarassing moment?
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #50
You nearly cut off your finger? :eek:

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #51
While we're talking about interestingly gruesome injuries, I split a toe wide open on the corner of a table a few months ago. The amount of blood made me rather glad that we'd torn up the carpeting a few years ago in favour of a bare wooden floor.

There's still a little shiny bump of scar tissue on my toe from that incident.

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 22:56: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #52
Oh, are we playing the "brag about your horrific injuries" game? Let's see, probably the best I can do is the time I stuck a handpiece into my knee. However, I've seen a lot worse. I tore a piece of skin about the size of my fist off a sheep's back once... have broken a few legs and ripped a few tails off as well (all accidental, I assure you). On the other end of the scale, I watched my brother get kicked in the face by a cow - needed a fair few stitches for that one. He has a nice Harry Potter-esque scar on his forehead now.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #53
Gruesome injuries? I'll see what I can do.

When I was about five, my brother hit me in the head with a garden ho.

I once cut myself with a pencil-sharpener blade, just to see how sharp it was. It was shrap.

I have broken a couple of fingers.

Thats about all I can think of.

EDIT: I have dislocated my shoulder and two fingers playing footy.

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 23:21: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #54
I have a large scar on my hand from dropping a knife. Also a scar on my leg from someone throwing a rock at me and I had to get stitches. On my knuckles there is shiny bits becuase when I was like 10 I rolled down a hill in a barrel and skinned then pretty much to the bone. My knee/thumb/wrist are scarred from bad staph infections. For all of the stuff I've done I've come out reletivly unhurt.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #55
The only major injury I've had wasn't gruesome. I was hanging a sign at a family reunion and fell about 5-6 feet to concrete and landed on my butt. My butt was fine, but I squashed on of my vertebrae to half its normal size and spent most of a month in bed. It's also a permanent injury. The muscles in my back changed to compensate for the squashed bone.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #56
Now we're heading into gruesome subjects now, huh?

Um, the last gruesome moment would be when my hand was cut from a barbed wire fence when I was being chased by two dogs. This was about 7 years ago. I perfer to not mention why they were chasing me...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #57
I cut my finger with a knife pretty bad before, but I don't see any scar. But really, I've had a pretty injury-free life. No broken bones and stuff. A couple years ago I dropped a sheet of metal and but a little nip in my arm, but it wasn't too deep. I did leave quite a scar, though, probably because we went minus a couple stitches in favor of a much cheaper band-aid.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #58
You want gruesome? I cut of a wart I had on my foot. I used my swiss army knife. It bled fro hours, all over my room and the bathroom.
This happend like a month ago or something.

Oh, and just for the sake of it, I know I guy, a real moron/idiot/%?&hole, that managed to impale his own hand with a pair of scissors while cutting out a triangle from a piece of paper.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #59
quote:
Originally written by Aranfoolcaytar:

You nearly cut off your finger? :eek:
It was a brand-new knife, and was more than sharp enough; however, it was very dull after that.

One more finger story… When I was about five years old my brother and I were pushing a folding door open and shut. My right index finger got in the way one of the hinges, and it cut the end clean off; it's amazing how much and how long fingers can bleed. My mom called the paramedics, and I had to go to the hospital. My right index finger is about 1/6 of an inch shorter than the left.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #60
[stupidthing]

Once I was up at a friends house we went up to the dirt-pile made from digging basements for A large middle school and three apartment buildings I dug a little ditch thing from top to bottom picked up a messed up sled and jumped into the trench/ditch thing I never hurt so bad...

oh and i to have marks from staff infection

and once i put my back against A stone wall and my feet against one of those walls they have in classrooms to divide it into two accept this one was for a gym and started climbing a made around thirty feet before an adult came and yelled at me at which point i promptly fell down strait to the ground my friend seth couldnt breath he laughed so much.

Another time was when i was at hinkley lake and i went up to the top of the waterfall and jumped in the waterfall is fifty feet high and I still don't know how deep the water is.

here's a thing an uncle of mine did he jumped from a two story window into a pool now that is okay accept the water was three feet deep. I have another uncle who would drink toxic chemicals to get out of school he is still alive and he did it more than once

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #61
Oof, your grammer has deteriorated back to its former self, Hawk King. :/

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5699
Profile #62
A gruesome injury: I once was punched in another of my testicles and it ripped open and it largened to like a black orange. The pain lasted for a month or some and wasmaking me suicidal.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #63
Another? Wait, I don't want to know...

My most bloody time was when I slit the part of my index finger between the nail and the fingertip. So it would be vertically from my rather short nail to about halfway through my finger. At least it was a clean, full cut with no bits of flesh hanging seperate from the two halves.

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #64
quote:
Originally written by Levi:

A gruesome injury: I once was punched in another of my testicles and it ripped open and it largened to like a black orange. The pain lasted for a month or some and wasmaking me suicidal.
Hey, at least you got to walk around with massive balls for a while. Although I do sympasise. It bloody hurts to be hit in the testicles. Although it's usually funny for everyone else around.
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #65
Just adding to the finger injuries category.....

On a school trip to Gettysburg(I'm homeschooled, so it was more like a family day-trip) I shut my finger in the car door. It didn't break, but we had to get a doctor to melt the fingernail to let the blood out. The good thing is, now I can say truthfully that I was wounded at Gettysburg. :D

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #66
No gruesome injuries to report, though I do have a nasty ~foot long scar over my right hip and upper thigh from a childhood surgery. It's about 1/2 inch wide on the thigh now, I call it my caterpillar.

My only other serious injury was dislocating my right knee-cap. I was in a full leg cast for six weeks and rehabilitation for months afterward.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #67
Um, does it count an injury that you healed completely and have no scar?

If it does here is a couple:
When I was 10 years old, my 3-year-old lil brother thought it would be fun to put a fork through my eye. That was sooooooo painful, and since he was "the little boy of the house”, he totally got away with it. While I had to wear a patch on my eye for two weeks.

I've never broke anything, but I got two stitches in my forehead when I was 5. I was hanging out with my 10-year-old cousin in a hallway when some people started running towards us. She got scared and started running in the house and "unintentionally" pushed me so I ended up falling and hitting my head with the mirror in the wall.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #68
I'll just say that I had a minor incident occur with a very sharp toilet seat...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #69
Falling on my arse. One of the many times, of.

Tis the problem of having dyspraxia - it's far too easy to overbalance.

[ Friday, August 19, 2005 08:28: Message edited by: For Tomorrow Is Always A New Day ]

--------------------
Aut Tace Aut Loquere Meliora Silencio
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #70
Two of the most gruesome injuries I've had: When I was four, I stumbled over a stone stair case and cut my forehead on one of the steps. On the day I got the stitches, I fell over again and it re-opened. The resulting scar is now about as visible as Harry Potter's, and in exactly the same place. Given the comments that people make when they see my picture, you can imagine this doesn't help.

The other one: In the summer I turned fifteen, it was so hot that my father installed a ceiling fan in the room I shared with my sister.
I slept in the top bunk of a two storey bed. The ceiling fan was about a meter away from the ladder.

You can see where this is going, right?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Warrior
Member # 6076
Profile #71
i was in a jazz concert and on the very last part when one of my dumsticks flies out of me hand and hits one of the saxophone players

--------------------
I was born in Redwall, Raised by bandits, went back to Redwall, became thier champion, and was eventually killed by a raison that was caught in my esophogus......Joy
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Aranfoolcaytar:

Two of the most gruesome injuries I've had: When I was four, I stumbled over a stone stair case and cut my forehead on one of the steps. On the day I got the stitches, I fell over again and it re-opened. The resulting scar is now about as visible as Harry Potter's, and in exactly the same place. Given the comments that people make when they see my picture, you can imagine this doesn't help.
Ooo! You must post a photo now! One where we can see it! Please?

[ Friday, August 19, 2005 14:33: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #73
Lol, YAY. I can't wait to see it. Please???
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #74
So much for a higher standard of writing...

Once, in first grade, my class had just learned to play two-square and was given time on the playground to do as we wished. Well, I had the brilliant idea of starting a game with two of my friends in which we attempted to kick each other off the monkey bars and be the last one hanging. One friend quickly realized how stupid this was and get off the easy way. I got off the hard way, and ended up in the emergency room getting a cast on my broken wrist.

My other emergency room visit came minutes after jumping off a couch as a soldier and landing as a screaming little boy with the area right next to my eye pierced by the corner of a table. I've got a scar from that, although it kind of blends in.

I've also got a scar around the same area as Harry Potter, but it's small and circular (the result of picking chicken pox) rather than lightning boltish. I remember being asked if I was Indian in elementary school, and being smart enough to realize the kid had no idea what he was talking about.

My other notable scar, oddly enough, comes from falling down the stairs; I slipped at the top, grabbed the still unsanded railing, and found myself at the bottom with a bloody hand and distorted senses. It took several minutes to clear the green haze in front of my eyes, and a bit longer to be able to hear properly. The open gash in my hand made it difficult to do much piano-playing the week or two after, and I've still got a scar down the center of my palm from falling down the stairs.

Oh, and then there's the scar across my wrist that could easily convince anyone I'd attempted and failed to commit suicide at some point in my life. A scared cat is kind of a weak alibi, I must admit.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.

Pages