Around the Universe in However Long it Takes!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Around the Universe in However Long it Takes!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #75
OOC: I would like to discourage the constant eating of the burrito people. There are only so many bathrooms on the Spiderprise. :P

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #76
Meanwhile, Milla looks for a toilet without much success. She started cursing the designers of the spacecraft under her breath.
Milla: "Toliettoilettoilet...where is the damn toliet? Stupid incompetent designers." :mad:
She turned the corner and to her relief saw a toilet. Milla rushes in and slams the door. :)

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 20:04: Message edited by: *Milla* ]

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:http://www.thespark.com/ now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #77
Tommy left the arcade after hearing about giant burritos attacking. "Finally! Something else to do!" Tommy raced toward the cargo bay door. When he opened it, however, there were no burritos. The only thing that was left was a spider high on skribbane, a lot of webs, bits and pieces of food everywhere, and a lot of fat people. Hmmm... guess it was wrong. I'll just go see what there is to eat. Tommy reclosed the cargo bay and walked toward the kitchen to fix himself something to eat.

OOC: Ha. I made everyone in that battle fat. Burritos can be attacking anywhere else, but the cargo bay is way past done. ;)

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #78
Milla comes out of the toliet (after washing her hands) and heads for the kitchen but is stopped by a Burrito.
Milla:*Gasping* Can't...eat...anymore...burritos...in deep trouble.

--------------------

This is also a
good site
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #79
Just as the beast is about to attack Milla, Sullust charges forward with a barbeque fork. The burrito draws a fork of its own and the fight begins.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #80
Perched upon the edge of the sofa, Mina looked almost lost in its vastness. To ef's critical eye, she was far too thin for a child her age. Crumbs rapidly disappeared into the cracks between the cushions as she tried to talk and eat at the same time. "Didn't mean to. Only wanted t'see." Mina's eyes brighten and she gesticulates wildly, showering more crumbs over ef's abused sofa. "We're gonna see teh stars, right? Allays wanted t'see teh stars. Me Da said Mama's 'n angel, 'n angels live in stars."

"Where's your father now, Mina?"

"E went t'see Mama." The child stopped abruptly, and her fear returned as she gazed at ef. "Ya not gonna make me go back, are ya? Ain't got nowhere t'go."

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #81
Sodium Cyanide walked towards the airlock, planning to jump overboard. Motrax, however, though he wouldn’t. The dragon was sitting squarely in the way and would not budge.

“Jeez! What’s a guy %*&#ing gotta do to die around here?” Sodium demanded with irritation.

“That’s the point,” Motrax stated flatly. “In around the whatever RPs, You’re not allowed to die without the captain’s permission. No captain, no dying.”

“Humph,” said Sodium.

At that moment, a stray burrito wandered by. Sodium was so impressed by it’s yummy smell that he forgot all about jumping overboard. “Mexican food... FEEDING FRENZY!!!” he yelled and jumped headlong at the monster.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #82
'It seems to be a pattern,' ef thought, the way the strays find my door.'
Suppressing a sigh she looked at Mina and smiled.

"Well, if you want to see the stars you'd better stay, don't you think? How else can you see them. I suggest that you stop to run and hide and stay here openly with me. You can sleep on the sofa, you'll find it far more comfortable than the floor, believe me. Also, while you are with me, there is no need to search for food. We'll simply go to the dining hall and order some. How about doing that right now? You look mighty hungry to me."

It had been a while since she'd had more than bits and scraps, so Mina could find no fault with that plan.

ef informed Logalot and the two went to the dining room.

"My name is ef, by the way, and if you run into trouble come to me."

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #83
OOC: The Spiderprise is not in the Ion storm yet. Well, it is now, along with the main burrito attack force!

IC:
*Suddenly, all the lights go out. And Cyborve falls asleep. Something is banging the walls, and then suddenly the halls are filled with burrito aliens!*
Cyborve: "Soooooo....sleepy....Ion storm, invasion..."

OOC: Got milk? Now it's the first burrito invasion again. More burritos, no power, Omlette(The computer.) is sleeping, so is Cyborve and any other robots.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #84
OOC: LF, please stop giving your characters the ability to create matter from nothing. It's very, very, very annoying.
Summoning is different, of course. But in the case of summoning, don't make monsters that are too powerful either.

IC:
*ADoS summons five picklebugs, which all leap on top of an Ab Burrito warrior and devour it rather quickly. They then move to another, and do the same. Then they move to a third, and explode.*
ADoS: What happened?!
*He looks closer at the burrito, and realizes it's not a burrito at all. It's a taco! Then, to everyone's surprise, it casts a spell, and shoots a fireball at ADoS, knocking him against the wall.*
ADoS: Ouch.

OOC(A): "Abburrito" is Spanish for boring, by the way. I think.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #85
Rosycat had been irritably lying in her cabin, sipping diluted Skribbane and vaguely wondering where the sounds of laser blasting and warcries and soft-shell taco chewing were coming from. However, she did not go and investigate, as she had never drawn much interest from the bloody frays the men were all so enthusiastic about. Truth was, she had small skill with the crossbow and she knew a few priest spells from her shamanic days, but those were her combat limits. This sitting,waiting for the blood haze to evaporate, was all too familiar an experience for her.
She got out of bed and paced around the cabin, telling herself that her skills were superior to theirs, she could mix Skribbane and alchemy, she was stealthy, not garishly brutal. A quick assassin with poison in her bite and knives in her claws, that was Rosycat the pink nephil. They could take their swords, their lasers, their artifacts, their magic. She was not a brainless superman with no personality! She had character, style, cultured tastes! She was magnificently subtle, gfted not from a serendipitous mutating accident or a wizard-touched blessing, but from hours of hard work and effort, painful sacrifice for Mrahaare's guild, hours of sculpting a mohawk exactly right...

Suddenly, something rocketed through the floor, blazing brilliant light and radiating heat and force, sending Rosy flying against one side of her cabin while emitting her best yowl yet, minorly singeing her foot. She sunk into a faint, leaving nothing but a feline scream echoing around the ship and a bewildered phoenix squalking in her room.

OOC: I'm trying to play Rosycat as a bit more of a drama queen than a punky streeetwise chick this time.
premonition, allow me to compliment excellent RPing! :)

--------------------
Aces off.
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #86
OOC: I'm glad someone noticed that, thanks ADoS. I figured we were spreading insanity, why not fight the boring?

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #87
After blocking NaCN from leaving the RP prematurely, Motrax prepared to meet the brunt of the ion storm (the dragon could fill up on burritos all day!). Strangely, the ship finished passing through without incident above a few electrical surges - but nothing irreperable or even slightly grave.

Suddenly, the dragon heard a scream that reminded him of the long-deceased Delta and Epsilon. Careening down the corridors, blasting right through a mostly intact burrito (the tuna filling was coming out one of the ends a bit), Motrax smashed in the door of Rosycat's compartment with as much gusto as he could muster in his old age.

The sight was not one to be expected...

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #88
With the crisis over, Wise Man cleaned his blades, sheathed them, and went on to patrol the halls while the cleaning bots mopped up the scene(s). Eventually he met old Motrax who just stormed by without noticing him and burst right into Rosycat's room.

He followed the dragon but stopped in awe outside the door. With eyes wide open and digital camera on he watched the ... intriguing scene unfold...

OOC: it would be more insane if WM weren't detected... ;)

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #89
*Cyborve wakes up, and then goes to see what WM was staring at.*
Cyborve: "Whoa....this never happened...where I come from."

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #90
At first I had no idea what this post was about. But then, I decided to read it thoroughly and began to understand it.

I feel I have to join in somewhere...

And there is only one way to do it...

IC: His head hurt immensely and he felt very groggy. When he opened his eyes, all he saw was darkness. He rubbed his eyes and looked around again. Still he could see nothing. "Why do I feel as if I have been drugged? Ow!!! My head hurts! Jesse Fletcher, where are you this time?" He suddenly got the feeling he was in an enclosed space.

"My god!! Where am I?" He extended his arms outwards and felt what seemed to be walls on either side of him. But, they felt strange, rather waxy to the touch. He reached in his pocket and was amazed to find his lighter and pack of Monarch cigarettes still intact. He tried to sit up and realized he could stand up.

"Oh, this calls for some thinking." He took out a cigarette and realized he couldn't see it to light it. He flicked on the lighter and surveyed his surroundings. Strange, the space he was in was only 4 feet wide (sorry, I'm from America), but seemed to be 6 feet high (I'm 5'10'') and at least 10 feet long. The walls were made of a green tile that he had never seen before in his life. He pounded on the wall only to find that it made no sound when he did.

"Well...that's certainly peculiar. Oh...what have we here?" He closely surveyed the floor of the room and noticed what looked like a blue crystal box on the floor. He tried to open it to no avail. He looked around the room for something to break it open with. "Oh, that's rather odd." He looked up and saw what looked like a torch at the other end of the room.

He moved slowly over to it and realized that his lighter was beginning to run low. He attempted to light the torch only to find that when he applied the flame to it, it didn't light up or catch on fire. (CLICK!) He heard, instead, a noise from behind him that seemed to be coming from the crystal box. It seemed to be some sort of mechanism. Using the remainder of light from the lighter, he bent down and examined the box.

He touched the box again looking for any sort of difference in its structure and found that it creaked open with an inhuman sort of easiness. He could faintly see the outline of an odd red inviting button, and, oddly enough, what looked like a curved blade of some sort. He picked up the blade and examined it for a few seconds before the lighter finally ceased burning. He was plunged into darkness once more. Using his Sherlock Holmes logic, he decided that the button must have something to do with the room. He felt around inside the box for the button and when his hand touched it, he firmly pressed down on it.

CLICK!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNK!!! One end of the room started to swing open like a door, but, once again with an inhuman sort of easiness. He cautiously made his way to the opening and stepped out into a room filled with the smell of tacos. "BY GOD!!! That smells good!" As soon as he stepped away from the doorway, he heard a hum of machinery and then turned around to see the doorway closing. He could see spider webs attached to everything and carefully made his way around them.

As he looked around, everything appeared to be in a smoky haze. "Damn!!" What's with this fog? I can't see anything! I don't underst...oh. DUH!!!" It occurred to him that it must be his glasses. He took them off and cleaned them with his ABBA shirt. When he put them back on, the things he saw stunned him. There were alien-like creatures lying all over the place in pieces and they looked and smelled like tacos. Then he was shaken to see a giant spider walking around aimlessly and running into things. "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! A GIANT SPIDER!!!!!!"

He attempted to run, but got caught in some webbing. "Oh, crap!!!! I'm stuck!!!" Just then he remembered the wave blade he had with him. He managed to wriggle it free from his belt and sliced himself loose. "Boy! That this blade works well" Then it occurred to him that maybe the spider was friendly. It staggered around mumbling in a high-pitched voice, "Oooooooh, I won't try that stuff again, I'm feeling woooooooozy."

Seeing he wasn't in danger, he turned around to look at the room he was in. He was dumbfounded to find that it was a very large red granite crate-like container made of stone. On the side of it, he saw on a plague in glowing green letters, "Exile Device: Very Fragile!!! Handle with Care. DO NOT OPEN UNDER ANY CONDITIONS!!!!" He just had to give a little laugh at this.

He then continued to look around the room and saw dozens of wooden crates and barrels. Then he noticed a sign above a doorway marked, "Exit,” and on a wall below that, he saw another that said, "To Crew Quarters, Cafeteria, and Bridge.”

"Well.... I need to smoke a cigarette over this problem, but my lighter is out. Maybe I can find someone with one who can tell me what I am doing here and where I am." He cautiously made his way through the doorway and down the corridor.

OOC: Sorry if that was rather long. I had to create an atmosphere for my character. Nevertheless, it allows me enter the story without having to teleport or fly up to the ship. Let's just say that this character is a Nephil. On the other hand, you may want it to be a Vahnatai. Makes no difference to me. Could be human too. However, remember, the character’s name is Jesse Fletcher. Like Jessica Fletcher from Murder, She Wrote, but as a man instead. You can call him J.F., for short if you like. :D

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:00: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #91
OOC: you may be too new to know this, but the initials “JF” have a very bad history. Especially considering that this is Around the Universe in However Long it Takes.

IC: Sodium ran and committed random acts of devouring.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #92
OOC:When will we get a move on with the plot? Just Asking.

IC: Tired from all the eating Milla goes into the recreation room and plays pinball, occasionally killing a Burrito.

+++17 minutes pass+++

"Mmmowr! I got the highscore!" she trills as the lights flash, proclaiming her the new pinball champ.

--------------------

This is also a
good site
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #93
OOC: I suppose we could always call him Sherlock Holmes instead. Murder, She Wrote doesn't work well for a character name. You can abbreviate him as S.H. I hope no one else has THAT abbreviation.

IC: As he walked down the corridor he continued to see an increasing number of taco aliens and started getting hungrier and hungrier by the minute. Just then, he found another corridor with a sign on the wall that said, "To the Lab.” "Well, it's just as logical to go this way looking for a lighter. Maybe I can find one in there.” He went down the corridor and opened the heavy metal door.

He was utterly confused by the scene that met his eyes. In the room were all sorts of laboratory equipment variously placed on several dozen lab tables. However, it wasn't the equipment that caught his attention, but rather the unusual items laid out on one of them. On one of the tables, laid out across the entire surface, he could see many tubes of toothpaste. In front of each tube was a vial sample of its contents. It appeared they were all being tested for some reason.

On another one of the tables, he found one of the taco creatures being dissected and next to it was a journal of notes. When he looked at the journal, he found he couldn't read it because it was in some sort of inhuman language. One he had never seen before, but yet, it was familiar. How could that be? "Well this is getting weirder by the minute.” Then he noticed a desk in the opposite corner of the room. It was completely devoid of all equipment and seemed to be just an extra piece of furniture.

He noticed two drawers in the desk and decided to take a look at them. In one, he found a paper in English, describing some sort of delivery that was to be made to a drop point in space. The object being delivered was some sort of device from a place called Exile.

"Strange...Am "I" that device?!?! However, he didn't feel special in any sort of way. He thought he appeared to be normal. [FLASHBACK] The last thing he could remember is walking through that Egyptian tomb and finding that hieroglyphic which seemed to be out of place. He touched it and noticed that it seemed that it was moveable. He pressed it and heard a loud grinding noise.

Then, a large section of the hieroglyphic writing swung inward away from the rest. The tunnel was dark and he thought he could hear electrical humming inside. He grabbed his lighter and stuck his pack of cigarettes in his pocket. He lit up a torch and walked inside. The humming began to get louder and louder. The next thing he knew, he was facing some sort of glass case. Taller than he was and cylindrical in shape, he walked towards it.

He could see some sort of lever next to the glass tube. With his heart pounding and sweat pouring from his skin, deciding that discovery was more important than safety at that moment, he pulled the lever and at first nothing happened. Then with a loud groaning noise, another section of the wall slid away just behind the glass tube. Then, just as suddenly, the glass tubing moved into the ceiling.

He was both frightened and curious at the same time. He tried to go through the new opening, but when he stepped onto the space where the glass tube was, a blinding white light came from the opening in the wall and the glass tubing came down around him. Then next thing he knew was his head started hurting and he felt the sensation that he was moving, though he was standing still. Then he blacked out. He eventually woke up in that container.

[PRESENT] "Dang!!! Did that glass tube have something to do with this?!” He closed that drawer and opened the one underneath it. In that drawer he found a red orb of some sort and, strangely enough, a lighter. "Good. I found one. But here.... in this strange place...oh, well.” He took a cigarette from his pack and lit it up. "This is definitely a curious situation. I need to gather more facts and see if I can find someone to speak to in this peculiar place.” He continued puffing on the cigarette as he left the room. He went down the corridor and once again began heading for the Crew Quarters, Cafeteria, and the Bridge.

OOC: God, I should become a writer. (Sigh)

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:08: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #94
Mina obediently ate the meal ef orders for her, not even protesting at the excess vegetables. She'd never seen so much food in her life - the cheese crate she'd arrived in hadn't counted, the smell being too strong and reminding her too much of something left in a recycling station for weeks on end. In truth, it did not take much encouragement on ef's part for Mina to scoff down even the peas she dimly remembered hating. Her shrunken stomach could not handle too much food, and it wasn't long before she settled back in the large chair, an unfamiliar and comforting weight in her belly.

Her heavy eyelids slowly closed of their own accord. Mina curled into a tight ball in her chair, fast asleep, her nose wrinkling as the well-known smell of nicotine and tobacco smoke spread through the clean air.

[ooc] Rosycat: thanks :)

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #95
In Logalot's Quarters:(Sullust & Logalot)

"Logalot, it's time, how many hours until we are within range of the planet."
"I'm not sure, the attacks in the ion storm slowed us down a bit. The navigation system is still a bit glitchy."
"That won't do us any good. Perhaps I could take one of the shuttles and meet up with the Spiderprise later."
"I don't like that idea Sullust. You'd be all alone down there and who knows how long it would take us to send in reinforcements if they are necessary."
"Then you can send someone from the crew with me."
"Fine."
"Well, while your searching for the candidate, I'm going to be loading the device into Shuttle #5."

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #96
IC: Sherlock continued down the corridor and came across a room with a sign above it. It said, "Cafeteria.” "Finally!! FOOOOOOOD!!!!!" He dashed into the room and met a woman and a little girl. "Oh!! Sorry for the intrusion. I'm just hungry. I'm Sherlock. I just came from the cargo hold where I was imprisoned in some sort of crate. Who are you and where am I?"

OOC: Can someone pick up my storyline, pleeeeeeeease????? I wish someone would define what race my character is. I can't decide. I might as well be human. Who am I anyway? Sherlock Holmes suspended in time and brought to the 21st century or something? Is my character the secret device? Sherlock Holmes was often considered to be a machine. A thinking machine. All of his normal human characteristics were put on hold in the name of the law.

He never married, never dated, never did anything that a normal man might do. He just concentrated all his time and energy in putting away criminals and solving crimes. It is for this reason that he was considered to be a human thinking machine.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:10: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #97
As Sherlock sat down for a bite, an inventory subroutine noted a defecit in the cargo manifest. Sending a 'bot to check the cargo bay, it discovered that an item in the storage space allocated to Lieutenant Sullust's personal goods was missing. A beuracratic subroutine noted that Lieutenant Sullust seemed to have far too much storage space allocated to his personal goods. Simultaneously, an internal camera record tracked the missing item to the cafeteria. A security 'bot left its slot, and sped in that direction...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #98
Ooooooooooh!!! Cheeseburgers!!!! Sherlock grabbed all the Cheeseburgers he could and gulped them all down. "Dang!!! How long has it been since I ate?!! Oh, well. I've had enough for now. If you two aren't going to tell me anything, then I think I will leave and go to the bridge. I'm sure they will have some answers for me there. Bye." He left the cafeteria and headed towards the sign marked, "Crew Quarters and Bridge.”

Along the way, he began passing the crew quarters and noticed an increasing amount of torn apart tacos. Then he stopped abruptly when it seemed that some large bulky green object blocked the corridor. He pushed on it and he was stunned to see it turn around and look at him. "Goodness gracious!! Y-y-y-y-you're a-a-a dr-dragon!!!!" Motrax looked at him and said, "Gee, what gave it away? Who are you? I haven't seen you before on this vessel." Sherlock replied confused, "Vessel? What sort of a vessel? Are we on a cargo ship on the ocean or something?"

Motrax looked at him in a puzzled manner. "Don't you realize that you are on a space ship? We are thousands of miles from Earth." Startled Sherlock replied, "Space?!!!! How did I get up here? How is that possible?!! All I know is I was locked in a stone crate in the cargo hold and before that, I was in Egypt. Do you have any idea why I am here?"

"No, quite frankly I don't. Maybe you should go see the captain, I'm sure he can help you. I better get out of your way." With that, Motrax moved back to his cabin and shut the door. Sherlock continued on.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:13: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #99
IC: As Sherlock continued through the corridor, a man with a rather twitchy manner stopped him. He was holding a bottle with an awkward smelling orange liquid in it. "I am Alorael. Who might you be?"

"My name is Sherlock and I am on my way to see the captain. I was locked in a granite crate in the cargo hold and I would like to know why? The crate had a sign on it that said, "Exile Device" or something of that sort. Isn't that absurd? Someone thinks that I am some sort of device. However, I am just as normal as you. At least I think I am. I can't be sure. OW!!!! My head is hurting again."

"Why don't you try some of this Skribbane, it's wonderful. It will relieve any ailment that you have. Mind you, it is very powerful stuff." Sherlock replied, "Thanks, but I don't take any sort of drug other than aspirins, but thanks anyway for your offer. Is the bridge up that way?"

"Yes, just keep going straight, you'll get there eventually. This is a long corridor of cabins. Careful, don't run into the wrong people. I don't think you classify as a stowaway, but you still might not be safe. You were meant to stay in that holding cell crate. How ever did you manage to get out?"

"I discovered that there was a mechanism inside that opened a crystal box on the floor. Inside the box were this wave blade and a button. The button unlocked and opened a door setting me free. If you ask me, there must have been a reason for why I was allowed to escape. Any suggestions you can think of?"

"If you ask me, you must be carrying some sort of knowledge or power with you that you are currently not aware of. You told me your first name was Sherlock, what, may I ask, is your last name?"

"Holmes, why?" "YOU'RE SHERLOCK HOLMES??!!!!! Are you THE Sherlock Holmes, the great detective?!!" Sherlock answered, confused once again, "Yes, why? How do you know of me?" Alorael thought about his next question carefully and when he decided on it, asked him, "What year is it right now?" Sherlock looked puzzled and agitated at the same time, "Why would you ask a stupid question like that. Don't you know that it is 1909? Are you on drugs or something?"

"Well, I don't know how to break this to you, but, the year is currently 2023 right now and you are on a space ship headed for another planet. I think whatever happened in Egypt was the cause for you being here now. You must have stepped in a time portal or, if not that, a life suspending device. If that is the case, then you were held in suspended animation for more than a century. But as to who found you and how you ended up here, I can't help you."

With his head hurting again and the dumbfounding news he just learned, Sherlock was headed for a major breakdown. "I need to smoke a few cigarettes over this." With that, he lit up a cigarette and once again headed for the Bridge.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:16: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Pages