Around the Universe in However Long it Takes!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Around the Universe in However Long it Takes!
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #0
The crowds were gathared around for this big day on the Spidweb Software Boards. "Gather round for the Spiderprise is about to be launched!" shouted a man clad in black. "Let me give you a tour of the ship!" He led the crowd inside the ship, oddly shaped like a spider. "This is the control center, everything important happens here!" The crowd Oooed and Ahhhed and unnecesarily played with the shiny controls. "Right, now if you will follow me down these stairs then you can see the recreation hall, complete with pinball machines!" It took a few minutes to get people to stop playing Pinnball, but they finally got moving. After leading them down the corridor he showed them the housing for the crew "If you want to join us you could live here!" The tour continued for another hour, and finally the man held up a sign up sheet. "If you want to help us spread insanity and intelligence throughout the galaxy, just sign your name here!"
"Who's the captain of this ship?" Someone shouted
"Captain? This is Spidweb, we're not THAT organized!" He chuckled "But I'm Logalot, and I'm organizing the blast off tommorow!"

OOC: For those of you who remember the original Around the Universe topic, hopefully this one will be less hateful.

--------------------
The many faces of Logalot
--------------------
Polaris Roleplaying and Debating Board- 'Nuf said
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #1
Are you serious?
Can't you come up with anything more original?

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #2
Is this a battle rp, or a comedy rp, like "Around the Place in However Long it takes"?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #3
Two things: what is an rp, and secondly, something like this has been done before, no?

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
OOC: Can't you people just RP. Why does it matter if it has been done before? This RP isn't battle or comedy. It is just a story.

IC: Sullust walked onboard the ship. He had spent years in Intel Ops. training for this moment. He had strict orders to board the Spiderprise and get off and a secret location. His mission is to remain unknown to the rest of the crew. Carrying his pulse rifle by his side he walked onboard. "Welcome to the Spiderprise," said Logalot as he walked by.
"Hello to you too. Listen, I'm not here for a pleasure cruise so you can tone it down a bit." Sullust then walked on to his private quarters and locked the door.

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 16:07: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #5
I did this, except it was me standing in front of the ship instead of Logo. Then they kicked me out.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Warrior
Member # 2870
Profile #6
What are OOC and IC? (tried to edit, it would not let me for some reason).

--------------------
All your base are belong to us!!!!
http://people.cornell.edu/pages/slp29/ayb.html
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
OOC: It was a good idea and it was spoiled by a lot of angry people and bad RPers. Let's give it another go, especially since Logo has already declared that he's not the captain.

RP is the abbreviation of roleplay. This is a roleplaying thread. Think of it as a rambling story with far too many authors.

OOC and IC are "out of character" and "in character," respectively. The former means that the following text is addressed to other members of the boards, like this, and the latter means it's part of the story, like the following paragraphs.

IC: Alorael wheeled a large cart filled with boxes and suitcases into the ship, greeted the crewmembers standing around, and began unloading his baggage in one of the rooms.

"Hey!" Logalot protested. "That was my room!" Alorael opened a case and lifted out a sniper rifle. "Um, I guess you can have it," Logo added, backing out of his former room even before the orange bottles of skribbane began to make a large pile on the floor.

—Alorael, who can't bear to give up his signature on Spiderweb, even in RP's. Prepare for more even more than usually pointless OOC ever-changing signatures.

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 16:07: Message edited by: Alorael ]
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #8
OOC: I might as well join...
IC:
*A member of the crew, a mutant(Organic parts are internal.) cyborg, with a vulcan cannon attachment on his right arm, and several tool attachments on both arms, he made a excellent mechanic, a decent troop, but not a fast runner, and he doesn't know much more than strategy and mechanics. And he's perfectly loyal.*
*Cyborve Moves onboard the Spiderprise.*
Logalot: "Welcome aboard."
Cyborve: "Scan initiated..." *Looks around ship.*

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 16:14: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #9
Wise Man approached, carrying a beam rifle and two lunar titanium blades. He also wore shades just to look cool.

"Hey, bro," he greeted Logalot. "This joyride better be good."

He then walked to his own private chambers and locked the door, and went to sleep.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #10
OOC: ADoS, I remember that RP just as well as you do. I salute your novel idea, but it became focused on You vs. The Rest of Us and got spoiled. Not to mention bad RPers began streaming in midway through. I think we can make this work, and It would be great to have you be involved. If I remember right, you play yourself in this, so don't get to wild in creating characters.

IC: New crewmembers were streaming into the bar area. Logalot was sitting at a table with Sullust and Wiseman, who had both agreed to come out of their housing after a fair amount of prompting (Read: Yelling). "So, what is our mission anyway?" Asked Sullust
"Well, to spread insanity, we don't really have a specific mission!"
"So we just go into space and see what happens?" Wiseman took a big gulp of his drink.
"Yep, that's it."
"Cheers to that!" Yelled an intoxicated Sullust. And with that they agreed to go to bed. Tommorow would be filled with action, adventure, and of course criminal insanity.

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.
George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #11
OOC: I think Ill join.

IC: Everyone woke up next morning and gathered at the dining hall, to their surprise and horror there was a huge furry spider on the kitchen table.

Spider: Hi! Im spider, you guys are cute, can I join your quest!

[ Thursday, September 04, 2003 17:37: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #12
OOC: It’s once again time for ol’ Sodium Cyanide to make another tour of duty.

IC: Sodium Cyanide, with his usual crowbar, firearms, and flack-vest walked up the boarding ramp. He headed to the check-in computer, registered, and walked off to his cabin. The hallway was dark, but the cybernetic implant in his right eye could pick up a wide range of frequencies on the EM spectrum.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #13
A small girl watched the gathered crowd from behind a stack of cargo boxes. She looked at the Spiderprise wistfully, somewhat envious of the people lined up for the tours and signing on as crew. The sound of booted feet approaching her hiding place caused Mina to start. She lifted the lid of the nearest cargo box and disappeared inside, holding her breath.

The box tilted sharply and rocked as the crewmembers picked it up. Mina huddled down against the lumpy packages of what smelled like cheese, not daring to move for more than an hour after the jarring motions stopped.

Finally she stirred and peeked out from under the lid. She could see nothing, and climbed out to find herself in a large kitchen storeroom. A quick scout around soon told her, to her delight, that she had found her way onto the Spiderprise. But she was young, and excitement soon gave way to exhaustion. Mina picked an empty cabin at random and fell fast asleep upon the bed.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #14
Rosycat (eh, you know me) stalked out of her cabin and sat down in the dining room for breakfast. She glared around morosely at everybody before attacking her cereal. After shoving a few bites of synthesized cocoa puffs down her throat, she stood up, flexed her claws, and glared morosely once again at the assembled party.

"Which one of you," she hissed, "Which fool on this ship decorated the bathroom with toothpaste?"

Her yellow gaze swept around the table. When nobody answered, she sat down, picked up a sack from under her chair, and began pulling strange orange bottles out of it and onto the table.
"I think I need a Skribbane fix," she muttered. "Anyobody is NOT welcome to join me. Tomorrow, perhaps. IF somebody explains about the toothpaste."
She left the dining hall, and normal chatter resumed once more.

Alorael looked up at her furry, retreating back. "I didn't know she came," he remarked to his neighbour.

--------------------
Aces off.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #15
Sullust immediately sought to find out who would pull off such a heinous crime. He dabbed his finger in the graffiti and tasted it. It was minty, too minty for his own personal tastes. He also noted a hint of something else he couldn't identify.
'This is not what I came here for,' Sullust thought to himself. "Computer Output Message: All crew members are to bring their toothpaste to the science lab for testing." The computer repeated the statement in a monotone hum.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #16
Sodium Cyanide had just woken up and was feeling a bit groggy, as well as hung over from the previous night’s party, when he checked his email.
“What the %^&*?” he asked aloud when he saw All crew members are to bring their toothpaste to the science lab for testing appear on the screen. He walked into his cabin’s bathroom to get his toothpaste. He found it, but he also found more toothpaste all over the walls.
“What the %^&*?” he asked again. He walked back to his computer and replied: Which toothpaste, mine, or the stuff that some clever person put all over my walls?

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #17
ef eyed her bathroom curiously, amusement replacing her initial anger. Then typed a question on her display: "Who brought their kids along with them?"

'Wait til I get you, little brat.' She chuckled. 'Breakfast time. Let's see what the ship is up to.' And she went to seek the dining hall.

--------------------
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 585
Profile Homepage #18
Logalot was enjoying breakfast with everyone else, well, it was called breakfast, but it was actually baked beans. Someone had locked the door to the food storage closet and all they had were baked beans. All of a sudden the ship began to rumble. "Take some Tums (Antacids)" mumbled Logalot, not looking up from his beans. "That's not gas..." said Wiseman. Logalot looked out the window. They were slowly moving up. "Who's lifting the ship off?" He yelled. He and Wiseman ran to the Bridge, where the liftoff panel was covered in pink yogurt. "Get everyone together." Suggested Logalot. "First the toothpaste and now this. We are in the midst of a crisis!"

--------------------
--------------------
--------------------
George Bernard Shaw
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #19
*Sudenly, Cyborve bashed through the wall, electricity was jumping out of him from one part into another.*
Cyborve: "Vivivivir-r-r-rus de-de-tetetec-ted..*BBZZZZZTTTTTTT*..er-er-er-er!" *His right fist suddenly goes inside his wrist, and then a vulcan cannon barrel comes out. It fires randomly, some of the bullets went through the walls, a few had found their way to the Food Storage locked.* "I-I wa-was char-charging up-up(Eating breakfast.)...the-then viviviruh-ruhs dedetec-tected..."

OOC: Most likely the same person who gave him a virus made the mess of the toothpaste and put yogurt on the controls.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #20
The bullets seemed to have loosened the lock. Not much favouring a breakfast of baked beans, ef tried her luck with the storage door and realized that it would open. Noone else seemed to notice her. That was good. She'd kept her suspicions to herself and didn't want to alarm whoever..

Opening her perception she searched the room beyond and spotted the culprit soon enough, slid through the door and gripped her firmly. Yells were heard and a struggle, but this wasn't ef's first encounter with an obstinate kid. Woman and child appeared in the dining hall after a while, where ef called for Logalot.

--------------------
Polaris
Warrior
Member # 3252
Profile #21
Down a long hallway leading to the caro bay, a door which heretofore had remained closed creaked open. Catiously, a long shaggy head peaked out and surveyed the hallway. Seeing no one in sight, the door swung wide open, revealing a room scented heavily with thick, pungent smoke and a record player wailing out old Zepplin tunes. A ratty mattress and some blankets lay in a corner, and posters from various muscial acts such as the Grateful Dead and Parliment lined a majority of the wall space.

"Damn, who redecorated the commune?"

Yes, emerging from his long solitude at last was the aging beatnik, Casey Jones. But in what strange place has this itinerant philosopher of the streets found himself? With what strange beings will this laidback hippie spread his folksy brand of wisdom?

Only time, and a strong pot of coffee may tell....

[ Friday, September 05, 2003 13:09: Message edited by: CaseyJones ]

--------------------
Learn About The Man Behind the Messiah.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #22
Wise Man showed up in the dining hall, instead of Logalot. "Logo boy's cleaning the control panel, but I'll be a good enough substitute. What up?"

"I found the culprit," ef replied. The little girl, held by the neck, was too scared of the grown ups, especially someone big (relatively) and armed like Wise Man, to talk.

"Well, if she messed everything up, then she'll have clean it all." He bent down to talk to the girl: "What's your name, girl?"

"Mina."

"Mina, you're going to be sent to a janitor." He then stood back up. "Cyborg!"

"Yes, master?" Cyborg answered the call. "Virus... not my CPU... BLARGH!"

"Damn... Argh, I'll do it myself. Come with me, Mina. Oh, and you can tag along if you want, madam."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #23
IC: Motrax, in his usual dragonly unassuming manner, ambled slowly up the ramp. At quite an opposite speed of the dragon's travel, the ship tore away from its captor ground, rising swiftly into the night air.

Motrax, in his usual dragonly unassuming manner, swore loudly and took to the air in pursuit of his transport. Eventually catching up with the sporradically moving starship, the dragon entered through the still-open entrance door and shut it securly behind.

After surveying the scene of a very bland hallway lines with doors, Motrax turned his head back and forth, shrugged, and continued forth, ambling calmly toward where his room was supposed to be. And was immediately given cause to swear a second time in one day when a very small, very fast girl bowled into the dragon.

"And where do you think YOU'RE going, little missy?" said Motrax.

Without responding, the girl wriggled out of the dragon's grasp and continued rushing down the corridor.

Muttering about insolent little children, Motrax turned back around only to be bumped into again by an irate old woman followed by a crowd of odd creatures.

"Please move, dragon, that little girl has been naughty and we need to discipline her," spoke the woman rather sternly.

"Well, whomeveryouare, I shan't move an inch unless it is the direction of my room!"

And thus, the dragon stormed angrily past the mob, found his room, and locked the door behind him.

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #24
As the crew followed the little girl around the ship, and a virus infected robot was causing serious damage in the dinning hall, spider was joyfully eating the intricate toothpaste desings on the ship walls.

Spider: Mmm, this is good, white cream is yummy. Certainly better than roaches, almost better than Bugs, but not quite...

Spider continued his monolog while happily devouring the remains of the toothpaste.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."

Pages