Around the Universe in However Long it Takes!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Around the Universe in However Long it Takes!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #100
Damn double posts!!! My internet dropped just as I posted it!!

:rolleyes:

[ Tuesday, September 09, 2003 09:50: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #101
As Sherlock continues along the corridor, unsure both of the location of the captain and what he wants to do, he is confronted by a floating metal spheroid.

The future is strange indeed..., he thinks to himself. What on earth-or off it, I suppose-is this?

The spheroid answers this question for him, literally:

'You are under arrest for theft. Please return the stolen items immediately, or sanctions will be imposed.'

'Theft? What have I stolen?'

A pause, then:

'That information is classified.'

Another pause...

'You are the thief, so you must know.'

'I am afraid I do not...could you at least tell me where I am supposed to have stolen from?'

'The cargo bay'

'Ah...I think I begin to see. Was the thing I have stolen sealed inside a small cell with 'Exile' written on the side?'

A large pause, during which Holmes reflects that the person operating this sphere is obviously an incompetant, as they obviously do not know what he is carrying...he can't guess, obviously, that he is confronting an artificial intelligence, severely limited in its ability to take initiative. Finally, the answer comes:

'Yes. Now, return the stolen item.'

'I am afraid that may prove rather difficult. Is there anyone I could talk to about this?'

Another large pause...

'The best person would be Lieutenant Sullust. He is the owner of the stolen items. He is being contacted.'

Meanwhile...

Sullust and Logalot are deep in conversation.

'Sullust, I still don't understand. You say that the technology that trapped Holmes wasn't created by humans?'

'Yes, that's correct. I have explained this before, Logalot.'

'I know, but not to my satisfaction. How did it get inside that Egyptian tomb?'

'That's what this mission is about.'

'And did you have to take Holmes along with you? He comes from a completely different era, won't have a hope of understanding our world.'

'There must be a reason it was him who found that tomb, and that no-one else found it until just this year. I'm not taking any chances-this is a voyage almost completely into the unknown, and if there's the slightest chance he'll be useful, I want him with me.'

At this point the computer interrupts the conversation:

'Will Lieutenant Sullust please report to Briefing Room Eleven. A thief wishes to return some stolen property.'

'What's his name?'

'Sherlock Holmes.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #102
OOC: Aburrido means boring in Spanish. And I would never, ever offer skribbane to anybody, even the renowned Mr. Holmes (whose drug of choice was a bit stronger than aspirin).

IC: Despite his blood skribbane content (very high) and the number of webs covering him (also very high), Alorael decided that he had better alert Logalot to the dangers of having a temporally displaced fictitious character on board. He also wanted to get away from Spider before he lost his temper and opened fire over the stolen drugs. Figuring that on the insanely designed Spiderprise any direction had to be the right one, he set off in the opposite direction that he had sent the detective.

Picking a door at random, he entered the room and found that he had stumbled into Briefing Room 11 as well. Sherlock, Sullust, and Logalot all gave him hard looks as he waved his rifle cheerily at them. "Am I interrupting something? Oh, I see that you've already met. Well, don't mind me."

—Alorael, who will (IC) proceed to seat himself and sip skribbane thoughtfully, making "hmmm" noises at appropriate times in the conversation and more or less acting as an impediment to everything.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #103
Martin smashes through the burritos in a powerful display of burrito chopping. He then heads back upstairs getting horribly lost. Wandering around the upper levels, he then ends up at another corridor. He moves down the corridor until he overhears a conversation about Sherlock Holmes and a stolen item. Just as he is about to leave, the door opens and is suprised by a few people leaving a room...

OOC: There's not much else for me to do right now. Gimme somethin to do. :D

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #104
OOC: Ok, I set the scene surrounding my character well enough. I'll join in when I can.

Alorael you are quite right about Sherlock Holmes's drug choice. He actually preferred to inject himself with cocaine diluted in a water solution. I should have put that in the story. Not to mention I should have given him a pipe. Maybe I will write that in the story now.

IC: As Sherlock Holmes was waiting to be spoken to in the interrogation room, he realized that his head was beginning to throb again. Not having his syringe of cocaine solution with him, he decided to have another smoke. It was then that he realized that he was out of cigarettes. He forgot his pipe back in Baker Street in 1909, and wasn't likely to find it again.

"Pardon me, Lt. Sullust, would you happen have to have a pipe onboard, to smoke I mean?"

"Why yes, as a matter of fact, I do have one in my desk here." He opened the drawer and pulled out a decent sized pipe, worthy of Sherlock Holmes, and handed it to him. "There is some tobacco in that Ming vase over there. Now what is this I hear about you stealing an object from the cargo hold? And what exactly lead up to your trip to that Egyptian tomb?"

"I didn't steal anything. I woke up in a small red granite crate-like container and managed to find my way out. Then I read the side of the container, and it said "Exile Device.” How is it that I am a device? I am a human being. I demand to know why I am here and why I was locked up in a stone cell?

How is it that I can be alive, in perfect condition, more than a century after I was trapped in that glass tube in that Egyptian tomb? Egypt has always intrigued me, that's why I took a much-needed vacation there. I was tired of my Sussex bee farm, and Dr. Watson was busy living with his wife. We were both retired.

Moriarty was supposed to have died at the Richenbach Falls, but I heard rumors that he was still alive and was tracking me down to my home on the downs. That was another reason for my sudden vacation to Egypt.

Moreover, I had heard rumors of a new tomb that was opened and it was very mysterious to the people who found it. It didn't have all of the usual Egyptian hieroglyphics like it should have. No, it had strange symbols that no one knew how to interpret. I thought with Moriarty after me, and being bored at the Sussex downs, a trip to Egypt would be good for my health.

When I got to Egypt, I packed up some supplies and made the journey to the tomb. When I got inside, I noticed at once the strange symbols. Something automatically caught my eye about the hieroglyphics, they weren't normal Egyptian hieroglyphics, but instead seemed to be the writing of a lost culture of some sort. I sat studying them for a few hours; I realized that I was staring at a primitive form of the alphabet substitution code.

In a matter of hours, I was able to translate an entire wall of the texts. In addition, I made notes in my journal on all of it including the bit of text that acted as a button. Unfortunately, I don't think I brought my journal of notes with me, because they weren't with me in the.... wait a minute.... back in the lab, I saw a journal lying next to some sort of alien creature. I couldn't read the writing because it was in a strange text I didn't recognize at first.

However, just now, I realized that it was very similar to the writing in the tomb. If my journal managed to have survived with me, which I can't remember if I had it when I was trapped in the glass tube or not, then Lt. Sullust, someone here is not who they appear to be. They purposely trapped me in that glass case and brought me to this time somehow. They might have found my journal and tried to hide it or something. It would have given proof of who wrote the texts and why. The one in the lab was not mine, but it was in the same language as that of the tomb.

Someone around can read and write that language and is doing so behind your back. OW!!!! Why does my head keep hurting!?? Excuse me for a few minutes. I need to smoke this pipe to clear my head up. I have never experienced pain like this before in my head. Excuse me gentlemen."

Lt. Sullust: "So we have a traitor in our midst. This presents a peculiar problem for us. We need to sort this mystery out. I am afraid that whatever is hurting Sherlock Holmes's head, might keep him from successfully helping us to find the culprit. Perhaps, Logalot, you would be so good as to take Mr. Holmes down to sickbay and have him thoroughly examined. I mean, blood pressure, x-rays, cat-scans, etc. Give him the works. We need to determine why he is in so much pain."

Logalot: "Yes, sir. I'm on it now." Logalot then goes out into the corridor to get Holmes to take him to the sick bay, and, waits patiently for him to finish his pipe.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:21: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #105
OOC: I never ever want to hear Logalot call me sir again.

IC:
"Well Logalot, it looks like he won't be able to make the trip with me. I'll have to deal with him later. Although I was hoping for his expertise down on the surface."
"We can't afford to delay the mission any longer."
"Mr. Holmes, I believe you have the dagger from the storage cell. I'm going to need that for the mission."
Sherlock hands over the blade to Sullust. Sullust then immediately runs to Shuttle #5 and departs towards the planets surface. He doesn't bother to check if anyone else is in the shuttle when he leaves.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #106
Martin decides to go back to his quarters due to the fact that nothing is happening and he's completely bored.

OOC: I still have nothing to do...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #107
IC: When Lt. Sullust left the room, Logalot and the doctors in the sick bay started their examinations. After a few basic tests, all was deemed normal. "Lt. Sullust wants him to have ALL the tests." The doctors looked at each other and then nodded to Logalot. They took Holmes to the MRI machine and scanned his skull. Then they put him through a cat scan. Finally, they x-rayed his head and then let Holmes go smoke in the hall. As they examined the results, they were completely astonished at what they were seeing.

It appeared that an electronic device was implanted into Holmes's brain and sending out pulses every few minutes. That would explain the pain he was having. They also noticed some writing on the electronic. It was made up of strange symbols and totally baffled them. They called Sherlock into the room and showed him the x-rays. "Oh, my god!!!!" When he saw the strange symbols, he instantly recognized them as being the same as the ones from the tomb. "I've had something implanted into my skull? But, what is it?"

Logalot answered solemnly, "I have a gut feeling that the one person who could tell us that, has just left the spaceship in a shuttle for the planet he was to carry out his mission on. Moreover, if he didn't know about it, it must have something to do with that planet. As soon as we came with 10,000 miles of it, you woke up suddenly. I think the answer lies with whatever is on that planet."

Overwhelmed with confusion, Holmes replied, "But, what about the wave blade? What does that have to do with the so-called device or me? Why do I get the feeling that I should have been with him and the wave blade on that shuttle? I examined that blade closely in the light and determined that it was not any sort of device. It could have been a basic weapon left in the containment cell I was in. It could only be used for two separate purposes:

1. It was left there as a means of opening the door from the inside. Which is outside the realm of possibility. It seemed to require that the torch be activated first in order to unlock the Crystal box of which it was in. The door had no latch on the inside and there was no crack to pry at.

2. The other possibility was that it was placed there for the sole purpose of protection. Not to protect me, but for me to keep it safe and protected. It must have required the right kind of logic to open the box. I recall that it appeared, at the time, that my lighter activated the torch, which unlocked the box. Apparently, I had misinterpreted the connection between the torch and the box. When I tried to light the torch, pushed down on it slightly and it seemed to be giving way as I was trying to light it.

It must have been a lever-reaction of some sort that activated the unlock mechanism on the box. When I first touched the wave blade, it glowed slightly and felt warm to the touch. Those observations soon ceased after picking it up. When I examined it the light outside the container, it strangely looked and felt like it was made especially for me. I have a terrible feeling that something bad is going to happen to Lt. Sullust if he doesn't bring that blade back or take me with.

From what I have witnessed with it so far, it seems that I, and only I, am supposed to deliver that wave blade to the planet. That, if I understand correctly, was supposed to be the original mission. Deliver the whole container and its contents to the planet. I need to get in contact with him before it is too late!!!!!"

Logalot: "I'll get some of the others and try to get in contact with Lt. Sullust before it is too late. You better rest mean while."

Holmes found a comfortable chair in the lounge, like the one he had back in Baker Street and sat down in it. He soon fell asleep. At the same time, Logalot gathered up some engineers and radio people and they all rushed towards the bridge to contact Lt. Sullust while they still could. He was almost out of range.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:28: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #108
OOC note, since that's all I have time for: the 'theft' thing was meant to be Sherlock himself. Since he was entered on the cargo manifest, when he went missing from the hold it was treated as a theft. Anyway...

And firedrake, feel free to create your own plot-Sullust's doesn't look to involve anyone but him in the immediate future, so start something short and unrelated...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #109
OOC: Actually, I was hoping that someone snuck onboard the shuttle.

IC:
Suddenly a message comes through on the shuttle's intercom. "Sullust we've discovered some very important information. Get back to the ship immediately."
"How important?"
"This could change everything about the mission."
"Alright, I'm coming back."
With the pressing of a few buttons Sullust turns the shuttle 180 degrees and heads back towards the Spiderprise.

[ Wednesday, September 10, 2003 02:30: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #110
*Lt. Sullust is headed back to the Spiderprise. However, his carelessness while boarding the shuttle had serious conseuences...*
Sullust: Hey, what's that sme-MMMPH!
*A blanket is thrown over his head, and he can't breathe. As he is losing consciousness, he realizes the blanket is, in fact, a flour tortilla. He blacks out completely.*
*Meanwhile, back on the Spiderprise...*
ADoS: Hey, you! What are you doing?!
Martin: Getting a glass of milk?
ADoS: Not if I have anything to do with it!
*He starts to get up and chase him, but then thinks better of it and sits back down, being rather lazy. He continues to sip milk.*

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #111
Cyborve: I guess half of that burrtito was useful after all. Hehehe. *He walks into the sick bay, where Sherlock got his cat-scan. he looks at the cat-scan and then he grins(No one can see it, though. He's wearing a helmet.).* Everything's going perfectly.

OOC: I was bored with Cyborve, so I decided to make him the traitor. It fits in, remember before in his thoughts he mentioned "a mission"? And the Brotherhood has been around for a long time. If someone else wanted to be the traitor, Cyborve and that character could be partners, somehow. Perhaps. :P

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #112
Sodium Cyanide gets bored (and full, from all the burritos) and goes back to his cabin. He boots up his ancient laptop...

Computer:

Phoenix 80386SX ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 02
Copyright (C) 1985-1988 Phoenix Technologies Ltd.
All Rights Reserved

Leading Edge 386SX Notebook
9100/20

640K Base Memory, 01024K Extended
Starting MS-DOS...

HIMEM is testing extended memory...done.

C:>_

C:>
cdgames
C:GAMES>_
C:GAMES>
rogue.exe

...and began playing Rogue.

[ Wednesday, September 10, 2003 13:17: Message edited by: Sodium Cyanide ]

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #113
Wise Man went back to patrolling. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #114
Motrax, at this point, had been standing at the doorway gaping in stupefied amazemend for about a day. Legs somewhat stiff, and jaw aching from being open for so long, the dragon shifted his weight a little bit and shut his mouth for a minute.

OOC: Rosycat, you are rather needed to continue this side of the plot! I'll take things into my own hands if you don't show up soon... :P

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #115
OOC:This rp is starting to slow down! The plot is unfolding too slowly! Quick, advertise! ADVERTISE!
Someone should really get the rp going again.

Hey, I'm almost at 1000 posts! But sadly, I won't be a veteran. *Heart saddening frown.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #116
OOC: A slow RP can be better at times. It is much easier to keep up with.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #117
OOC: ah, but wittle kiddy FB here likes spam RPs.

slowish RPs are better than super fast RPs. enough said.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #118
OOC: Originally, Lt. Sullust, I had written my last post differently. Originally, it was written that as soon as you had left Sherlock, he was injected with a sleeping drug and was snuck on board your shuttle just as you were leaving. So did a few of the people Sherlock had met.

They planted listening devices and hidden video cameras in the control room of the shuttle and were monitoring your every movement. They were supposed to be curious about your top-secret mission, but the storyline died in front of my eyes. I got writer's block. I decided to change the story and ended up with what we have now.

IC: Sherlock's head continued to throb while he was resting in that chair. Suddenly, the throbbing stopped and was replaced with a voice in his head. "Hello. We meet again Sherlock Holmes!!" Sherlock got up with a start and look at the doorway. He saw a half man half machine creature at the doorway. Strange, it looked familiar to him, but, no, it couldn't be. Not after all this time.

"Professor Moriarty? It can't be! How could you possibly be alive yet?! NO!"

"Yes, Mr. Holmes, it is I. Your mortal enemy. [FLASHBACK] I survived the Richenbach falls when I caught a hold of a branch on the way down the cliff face. I managed to get a footing on the almost sheer cliff in front of me and with much difficulty, managed to climb out. My second-hand man, Colonel Moran, had followed us up to the cliff, and watched us scuffle from a cliff higher up than we were.

--------------------------------------------------

OOC: To be continued in the next post. My posts are getting to long. This, by the way, should get the plot rolling. This should give hundreds of ideas. Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice, I have decided to give your character an extraordinary honor. Your character can be the cyborg character of Professor Moriarty. I have written the story in such a way to allow it to be possible. Enjoy.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:30: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #119
OOC: Here is a continued part of the story I have written.

IC: I fell off the edge, and you climbed up the rock face to hide from Watson. You knew he would be back to find us after I sent him to the lodge on false pretenses. He would find that short letter I allowed you to write to him before we fought.

Very cunning of you, I must say. What a perfect idea. Hide from doctor Watson and make him think we both went over the cliff. Moran told me that you climbed up the rock face next to the cliff. He was perched on a rock cliff nearly a hundred feet up from where you had climbed to. He tried to kill you by hurling rocks down at you. Nevertheless, you avoided them and managed to escape. You would then be free to roam the world without anyone knowing your true identity.

Watson thought we were both dead and so did the world. Three years after the incident, I was in hiding, and Moran was imprisoned, and you came back to Baker Street to finally let Watson and the world know you were alive. You had trapped Moran once in the tale Watson wrote about called the "The Empty House,” which happened just after you returned to Baker Street, but he managed to escape.

I was in hiding because you, Sherlock Holmes, were responsible for bringing my network of criminals and the such to justice like you said you had when you finished gathering all the evidence and turned it in to the police. That, you already know, is why I traced you to the Richenbach Falls and fought with you. I figured that if I couldn't get rid of you alone, then we would both go over the cliff together.

Moran found out that I was alive from prison, where YOU were instrumental in putting him for the second time in the adventure your friend Watson published in "The Strand Magazine,” called "Terror By Night.” However, when I found out that you had retired, a while after that incident, I had to laugh. Still, I continued to track you down until I found your Sussex bee farm. Such a relaxing piece of property. I came to your door many times."

"Yes, Moriarty, I knew that already. You came to the door as many different people, but, the human ear, as I have noted, is as significant as fingerprints, when identifying a person. I observed the same ear in various people who had visited me that is why I decided to leave for a holiday in Egypt, before you had the chance to act against me. Nevertheless, you followed me, didn't you? Otherwise how could you have ended up here?"

"Very observant Mr. Holmes, but, you are probably wondering how I ended up like this. Well, I did follow you to that tomb in Egypt, but when I entered it, you were nowhere to be found. I noticed the passage through the wall and entered it. Just as I entered the passage, the doorway swung shut.

I had no choice but to continue further. I ended up in a room with a glass case in it, and you were in the glass case. You weren't moving, but appeared to be sleeping standing up. You were frozen in one spot and I was as puzzled as to what to do next.

OOC: Continued in the next post.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:37: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #120
OOC: Oh damn, sorry. I forgot how quickly things progressed here. Btw, I don't care if people control my character or my plotlines. If I'm a bit slow.

IC: Rosycat, having been revived, was pacing again, now around Motrax's cabin, which had been custom-built for our friend the dragon. Said dragon was sitting complacently on a pool of lava, inspecting his toenails. The phoenix had been locked in the large wardrobe, and mournful tootlings could be heard from within.
Rosy was raking her own claws through her fur, on the furniture, the walls, anything, muttering to herself.

"I'll have to ask you not to use my bedposts as scratchposts, my dear feline," put in Motrax.
"Oh, to the hells with you and your bedposts, you senile old reptile! What are we going to with that bloody fire-breathing pigeon? I'll have you know it nearly burnt every fuschia hair on this body off, and it hurts my head to look at it. I'll have to borrow some sunglasses."

"Sodium or Wise Man should have some. And I believe," said Motrax, consulting a large, rather dusty tome opened on his, er, lap. "I believe that that particular fowl is not any kind of pigeon, but in fact a phoenix. Us dragons like to pal around with them, as they're similar to us in favored temperature, life span, and *ahem* intelligence. This one seemed a bit disoriented. Maybe just had its first hatching, I'm not sure."

"When I want a lecture, I'll ask for one, Professor! We have to be more practical. What are we going to do with it, leave it in the wardrobe? I don't even know how it got here, for the Great Tom in Kitty Heaven's sake!"

"Please stop speaking in italics," answered Motrax calmly. "And really, that chair is an antique! My suggestion is to let the chick out. We're lucky it has little knowledge of it's power; a fully grown phoenix would blast us to Pluto if we put it in a wardrobe. I'll have a bit of a chat with it and see if it can't channel its abilities. A phoenix could be useful on board."

"Go ahead," snarled Rosycat. "But DON'T LET IT ANYWHERE NEAR ME!"

"

--------------------
Aces off.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #121
That question was solved for me a few seconds later. A wall swung back and a strange creature entered the room. It was tall, extremely thin, and had gray skin. I didn't know what to do next. It then spoke to me.

"Greetings, we have never seen creatures of your, uh, distinction here before. The creature in the glass tube has deciphered our writings and we want to take him back to our planet for study to see what makes him exceptional among humans. And you, what brought you here?"

I was still in shock, but I managed to tell it the truth. "Him and I are mortal enemies. He is good and I am bad. He is my equal in brain and cunning. I tracked him here to kill him once and for all. However, it seems I don't have to now. What are you planning to do to me?"

"Well, it seems that if you are both equal in brain power and cunning and he represents good, and you represent evil, we might desire to take you back to our planet for study. If you think that is wise. We can make it so that you can live almost indefinitely, though you will be paired with a mechanical body, but I guarantee, you will not be hurt."

"To live for ever, in my youth, that might be nice, but what about Sherlock Holmes? What will happen to him?"

"He is being held in suspended animation, he will not age, but will get slightly younger. You might never see him again, but one never knows. A century from now or longer and you might meet again, if not by accident, than by purpose. Please step this way."

The creature took me through the opening it had emerged from and took me to another glass tube against a wall. It pressed a section of wall, and the glass tubing slid into the ceiling. "Please step inside. Your transformation will be made back on our planet.”

Well, Holmes, I stepped into the case and I saw a blinding white light and the tubing closed around me. I felt the sensation of moving, even while I was standing in one spot, and then I blacked out. Strangely enough, I don't remember ever waking up until I was placed on this spaceship.

OOC: To be continued in the next post. By the way, I was wrong in my other post when I said that Professor Moriarty appeared as the main enemy in, "The Empty House.” Both him and Colonel Moran were in that story.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:40: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #122
OOC: MSW please stop! I wouldn't mind if your posts were a page long occasionally, but every single one of them is massive.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #123
OOC: Here is the rest of the story as I have written it. Sorry, I just had to bring Moriarty into this. He is a cunning and excellent foe. It should be an honor to have him in this story.

IC: Holmes you should have seen the advances of technology of that civilization and of Earth. They allowed me to watch a screen that showed what was happening on Earth. However, they wiped my memory out one day. Nevertheless, some of it was held in reserve in the cybernetic structure storage until I boarded this ship.

It just flashed back on and I remembered you and everything else that had happened, including how some of my memory had been wiped out. I didn't know why until I walked in here and saw you resting in that chair. Alas, my hatred does know no bounds, but they seemed to have removed it somehow, making me into almost a pacifist. I heard them once say that they implanted you with a computer in your head, to try to tap your knowledge.

They said it worked, but when they studied your knowledge about me, they understood exactly how evil I was and so they tapped into my brain and attempted to remove my evil knowledge. They wanted to use it for their own technologies and much, much more. However, Holmes, they didn't get all of it. I put some of it into storage on my own and they never found that hidden knowledge. But when I entered this ship, I sensed it was time to bring it out of storage. And now I know why.

How fortunate for you that I am unable to attack you. I have been reprogrammed several times and was implanted with a device that is supposed to keep me from killing anything, except in the case of a virus. I am still fighting against that software. But until I defeat it, you are free to roam this ship and, I, am at your service." He practically spit out the word in pure hatred and disgust.

Meanwhile...

The crew and Logalot were trying to raise Lt. Sullust over the intercom. They were getting no answer. They decided to send another shuttle out to intercept Lt. Sullust and see what the problem was.

OOC: Phew!! Now you know why I used several posts to relay my story here. Enjoy. I want to sit back and listen to how everyone continues the plot. This should have got it going. Damn!! I'm good. I never knew I could write a story like this. Writing a book is now, seriously, a consideration in my mind. :D

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:44: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #124
OOC: well don’t, because it would a perfectly horrible thing in the end. :P

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.

Pages