Zombie Attack RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #147
Kel-Aziz stared at the sandwich, then he stared at Rasil.

Kel-Aziz: You are a man of your word Rasil, and in Darubia we honor that as much as we honor heroic combat. You made a great impression holding that tower against all those zombies and shades considering the disease almost had you.

Rasil: Bah...it was nothing.

Kel-Aziz smiled and then reached for something in his pocket, out he came with a ring, a beautifull ring with intricate carvings.

Kel-Aziz: In Darubia we are used to prize noble and heroic acts...take this as a gesture of my appreciation.
Rasil: What does this do.
Kel-Aziz: I dont know, I found it in this towns treasure chambers before the third wave colapsed the hole thing so it must have some sort of value...but that is for you to discover, as for me...Ill eat this tasty sandwich.

Ef stared at Kel-Aziz just as he was about to get the hole thing through his mouth.

Kel-Aziz: Fine! Ill wait till Im totaly cured.

Rasil and Ef smiled. Rasil got on his feet quite slowly and with care started to place his armour. He then reached at the daggers by his bed when Kel-Aziz interrupted.

Kel-Aziz: Wait! You will need more than daggers to fight that last wave.

He slowly reached to his side and with his right arm lifted his left waveblade still covered in blood.

Kel-Aziz: I am out of combat, the disease has almost disapeared but my wounds are still there. We will need all the help we might get and I wont be needing this one for a while since my left arm is out of combat so...
Rasil: Hold on, what makes you think I can hold that thing up.

Kel-Aziz just threw the waveblade over at Rasil. He quickly reacted and managed to grab it before it fell.

Rasil: Its as light as my daggers!
Kel-Aziz: (smiling)...The Darubian Smiths are quite crafty men arent they. Thats Hazka, my left blade, It has poison on its edge and the blade is blessed so you should find it quite easy to dispach undead...just be shure you dont miss it in combat I will need it back when your done with all of them!

Rasil made some moves with the waveblade with quite some ease.

[ Tuesday, September 09, 2003 06:51: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #148
quote:
Originally written by ef:

OOC: Stay with the character you choose, Zephyr, and just help the town without introducing more mires. If you need special healing, you should have come to me. How is my character to know, if she is not told?
If you actually read my posts, you would've known I left this scenerio. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/rolleyes.gif)

I really wanted to use my Slith Knight.
There are a lot of characters I want to use.

[ Tuesday, September 09, 2003 12:12: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #149
OOC: Zephyr, I'm not okaying anything until the next one starts. It's time for the final battle.

Greenswell, Maestro, and the remaining guard waited near the center of town for any straglers to catch up. Then, all of them marched out into the town square. A large man wearing Death-black army stood in the middle. He was surrounded by skeletons, skeletal archers, skeletal captains, and skeletal champions. Several Zombie Dragons circled around overhead. A pair of deadly Dracoliches were positioned on each side of the man. Various vampires and ghouls were around. Even a few remaining zombies. Shades moved about ready to strike at a moments notice. Four death knights stood around.

Greenswell: I'm guessing that your the bloody cause of this mess.

???: Yes. I will crush this town as a test of my power, then I'll turn towards the rest of this pitiful underworld. For I AM THE OVERLORD

*Lightning sound*

Greenswell: I doubt that. You haven't even been able to retain control of this town for more than a few minutes.

Overlord: You won't live long enough to regret your words. NOW YOU DIE!!!

With a flick of the overlords wrist, the undead began to attack. The guards had managed to flank the undead, and began their attack from the side.

The final battle begins.... IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/eek.gif)

OOC: Were is a good mage when you need one?

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #150
Rasil raced toward the battle at hand, waveblade in hand. He could only hope that Kel-Aziz would catch up sooner or later. He reached the battle just when it was starting up. Rasil charged in without a second's notice.

OOC: OOooooo... Final battle! However, there are still some people behind. Hope they get there in time to enjoy it. Now that I think about it... where are all of our mages? (Aside from the town's mages)

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #151
You approve of my Slith Knight, Firedrake?
Ssstiiviz(Pronounced Stie-viz in human tounge.) has good spells.

If he has been approved, I will immediatly start on his origin, equipment, etc.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #152
In a quieter part of town Aptok and Santdoil finally break out of the cellar where they were thrown for interfering.

As they make their way towards town hall they occasionally hear snatches of battle sounds, like crunch and gaaaaaaah. They steathlily sneak up on the potion woman and Santdoil taps her on the head. Aptok says: These undead sometimes get angry when graves or old old temples are robbed, don't they?

the potion lady recovers her wits quickly and replies in the afirmative.

A&S: Oh dear...

ooc:this isn't really why the undead are attacking, my PC's are just being ignorant.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #153
OOC: FB - just WAIT until the next scenario. it's too late now.

Dodging the arrows of the skeletal archers, Maestro attacked the skeletal captains one by one while the Greenswell and the non-flanking guards held the line. Maestro knocked the captain to the side with a surprise flip kick, then shattered it with a series of fast sword strokes. A lot of the skeletal warriors seemed to weaken, but it was barely noticeable.

The skeletal captains and champions double as beacons of unholy energy? Interesting, Maestro said to himself. Dodging more focus fire from some of the archers, Maestro moved to attack the closest skeletal captain...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #154
OOC: I just finished reading all the posts under this topic. Even though it’s too late now, I could always enter as a mage of some sort. I wanted to be the OVERLORD, but I don't know enough about undead to be able to carry it out.

IC: Perched on the poor side of town on the far end, in her well-hidden little hovel, Celisto sat in her old wooden chair staring into her crystal ball. She had been watching the battles the whole time but didn't want to risk coming out of her hermitage. If she did, she knew it would be hard for her to go back again.

She recognized the OVERLORD. She had seen him before. She was the reason he was attacking this town. He had attacked countless other towns before and had destroyed them with deadly force.

[FLASHBACK] She had once been part of his kingdom. She was the Evil High Priest of his Castle. Nevertheless, she defected one day without notice. She couldn't stand being the Evil High Priest any longer. She had been forced into his service when she was just child. Her parents had been powerful mages and they taught her much of their power.

One day the Overlord's forces had started raiding the village she was in and eventually had made their way to her home. Her parents were slaughtered and when the raiders tried to attack her, she scorched them in the spot they were standing and watched them turn to dust. Other raiders quickly relayed this information to the Overlord and soon he himself teleported to her home, where he found the girl crying over the bodies of her parents as the townspeople were preparing them for burial.

At the sight of the Overlord, the townspeople ran and she tried desperately in vein to kill him. Her magic just bounced off of him and he grabbed her arm. "You would make a nice addition to my kingdom. Your powers are great and I have much need for you."

With that he teleported her to his kingdom and took her to his most powerful mages and priests. Over the years, her resistance of the evil magic lessened and she became more powerful than her teachers themselves. She was never able to pass the power of the Overlord, though. He saw to that. She was magically 3/4 as powerful as him. She did all his biddings, but she never forgot what happened to her parents and knew some day she would get revenge.

She eventually learned how to teleport and do everything that the Overlord himself could do. But, she could never achieve anything more powerfully than he did. She was always cautious in her endeavors though. She made sure that she always did what the Overlord wanted, so that he eventually came to trust her completely and put her second in command. She planned out how to go about her revenge and waited for the day to come when she had the perfect opportunity to achieve it at last.

The day of her revenge came when a powerful magical item was delivered to the castle and was put under her watch. It turned out to be some sort of Magical Tome and when she tried to read it, its power was so great, that it made her head hurt. But she learned much from it. It detailed all sorts of undead rituals and listed varieties of spells that made hers look like cheap tricks. She realized that if she stole this magical tome, it would strike a great blow to his empire.

He came in everyday to read from it and she feared his power would become too great. She wasn't as powerful as he was, but she made a formidable foe and was the only person with the magical strength to stand up to him without automatically being crushed. She decided one day to carry out her plan of smuggling it out of the kingdom and going into hiding in one of the most unlikely of places. A simple little town.

While the Overlord slept, she crept up to the Temple and cast several spells on herself. When she had finished, she was cloaked with Invisibility, Stealth, Protection, multiple amounts of Major Blessing, Martyr's Shield, Major Haste, and many other spells.

She swiftly made her way to the Treasure room within the temple and stole the Magical Tome. On the way, she remembered some of his other valuable possessions and decided to relieve him of these luxuries as well. Having learned hundreds of different locations she could go to, she picked one ordinary little place and chanted the appropriate words.

And....with a flash of light, she disappeared. She appeared at the town gate of this village and went inside. She went to the inn and asked about a private room in the town where she couldn't be disturbed. He told her to go talk to the mayor, and that she did. He told her of a place at the far end of town where the poor people lived. But, it was only a hovel. She said she was very much interested and he sold her the property. She properly boarded everything up and began to dig.

She magically dug a deep tunnel in the ground the stretched for at least thirty feet outside the town gate on the side she was living. She magically created a home beneath the cave rock and set up her own laboratory. She put the tome and the other two possessions in a metal chest she bought in town and placed the chest at the far end of the tunnel, in the room she had created for herself.

[PRESENT] She cursed herself for having never bothered to move to a new location. But, she realized that this town would not survive for much longer if she did not come out of hiding and attempt to destroy this Overlord once and for all. She knew only she could effectively stand up to him and she must do something. Celisto came out of the tunnel and set up several magical barriers behind her to keep the tunnel sealed. She then readied herself with the few weapons that she had.

She looked in her crystal ball and looked at the Overlord again. She whispered to herself, "I must destroy Delgotto.”

Delgotto, how she absolutely despised the Overlord's name. She spit at the thought of him, but she knew the final battle between the two of them was about to begin. She removed the magical barrier separating her from society. Then she opened the door, stepped outside, and slowly made her way to the battle front chanting, "Delgotto must die!" in her head. Her flowing Cobalt Blue robes and blond hair waving gently in the wind. They well suited her 26 year-old-body and gave her an essence and aurora of a person yielding great power.

OOC: (She grew most of her own food in the Laboratory and only ever left the hovel to buy occasional supplies and other food.)

Sorry if that was so long. It should give answers to many questions that have been made known. Do with the character what you want. I don't care if she lives or dies, but she would be happier to stay alive.

Is there any reason to think that she might also know Arianne? She might not because Arianne never came to serve the Overlord. It still might make a nice twist to the story though if she does.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 16:56: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #155
Arianne's stare is barely civil. "We do not war," she says sharply. "We are not mortals." After a moment, though, she relents and answers Rathlan's question. "Succession is never certain. I cannot truly rule the Clan until the power behind my rivals is disabled. But Coras is competent: my rivals will have problems of their own without adding the Overlord's. Some few of Telkan's Family must remain in his service to keep his approval, but the majority are no longer concerned with your town."

The sharp tingle of an almost-familiar magic runs down her spine: Arianne's head jerks up. She stands still for a moment, testing the sensation, before gliding out of the hall without another word. Beneath her cloak, the space inside her clenched fists begins to glow with the beginnings of a firebolt. Overlord's lackey. Hidden in the shadows of an alley, Arianne almost releases her firebolts at the figure making its way to the edge of the town, but stops. The woman tastes of the Overlord's power, but Arianne sees something else in the young girl: fear, a hunted look.

So. Arianne's fangs shine in the dim light of a distant torch. A possession of the Overlord's, gone astray. Vastly amused, she allows the firebolts to dissipate. Her soft voice is carried to Celisto's ear on the barest breath of wind:

"Run away, little mortal. The Overlord does not reward disobedience kindly."

[ooc] Arianne does not know Celisto personally. What Celisto knows is entirely up to you.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #156
Rasil was amazed at the power of the new waveblade he was given. He slashed though a couple skeletons like butter. He managed to stab three shades in one go, and they all dissapated with a scream. Rasil took advantage of this, and proceeded to lay waste to anything in front of him. He just didn't notice how far he got.

He had kept hacking away at all the creatures and suddenly found himself near the archers. He waded through the wave of enemies and managed to destory some of the archer force before they ran away. Then it dawned on him: Rasil was in the absolute middle of the enemy force! CURSE MY IDIOCY!! Skeleton captians, greater shades, undead dragons, liches, ghouls, and many other assorted undead were eyeing him rather viciously.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #157
Watching from a distance, Rathlan can see that the Overlord's force was reliant on key figures for its power. The vampires kept some of it alive by their willpower, the small circle of black-clad figures, standing around the Overlord, channel the spectral energy for his spells, and the the skeleton captains and the dracoliches focus it. Aiming his crossbow, he fires gleaming silver darts at the vampires, who, assured of their invincibility, were fighting on the front line. Although the silver didn't kill them outright, it undid the ancient magic that maintained them. Now the vampires were mortal once more, and many of their minions disappeared as all their incredible magical ability was concentrated into keeping their bodies solvent.

Next, acidic bolts hit the skeletal captains, removing their heads and with them the sharp focus of the specral energy. The group's warriors ploughed through the weakened skeleton horde, heading for the dracoliches.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #158
As the battle grew in ferocity unlike anything this small town had seen before, Kel-Aziz was still waiting in the Town Hall for his wounds to heal. He could hear the battle cries of the men outside. It reminded him of his days back in the Darubian Royal Guard when punny kings and so called emperors dared to chalenge the might of the Darubian Empire.

Only a handfull of skilled Darubian Warriors among the whole army were selected every year acording to Darubian tradition. They where put through many tests of mind, body and spirit. In the end the pair remaining were forced to battle against each other at the royal combat halls of the Silver Moon Tower, only after this procedure, the winner was allowed to be iniciated in the Royal Darubian Guard training, wich lasted 20 years under the observation of a Mentor. Once the training was completed, the Darubian Kings gave them the gift and curse of never aging so they could protect the Darubian Empire as long as it existed. Destiny however, proved them wrong. during all his days in existance, ever since the fall of the Darubian Empire under its own might and the loss of its memory in the test of time, he has never forgoten his thirst for battle. Every time he wondered the world and heard battle cries he ended in the middle of it, one way or another, just as he ended up in this town...the battle was calling him...his blood heated and his spine tingled. Kel-Aziz grabed Ef by her arm.

Kel-Aziz: How much more will I have to wait woman...!! Heal me fast!!

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #159
Sorry, I have kind of lost interest in this RP. To satisfy the story we'll say Alex left to avoid the disease (That was about the time I stopped reading/posting)

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #160
Celisto looks at Arianne, and can't quite place her.

Celisto: "Why do you seem familiar? I have never seen you before, except in my crystal ball. But... of course!! You were the leader of the only vampire clan that did not go to serve Delgotto. You were very wise. His power is great and hard to defeat. Mine is great also, but not as great as his.

I am not here to battle with you. My hatred lies with Delgotto. Now that he is here, it is partly up to me to see that he dies. I stole three of his most precious possessions and that is one of the reasons he seeks me."

Arianne: "I have no battle with you either. What makes you so sure that You, of all people, can defeat him?"

A smirk fell over Celisto's face when she heard this question. "I wield the same knowledge of spells and everything else that Delgotto does. I have studied his attack patterns and how he uses his magic. He knows that I know these things. That's why he considers me a threat as long as I am on the loose. He knows his kingdom is threatened because I am still alive and I know how to destroy it using his weaknesses. But, it was what I took from him, that causes him to hunt the ends of the Earth for me."

Arianne: "What did you take of his that is so valuable to him?"

Celisto: "Well.... there are two broadswords back at my hovel. Both are two of his most prized weapons. One is like Demonslayer, but it's specialty is everything."

Arianne: "Everything? What do you mean?"

Celisto: "It is enchanted many times over, blessed, always poisoned, doubles as a flaming weapon, can slice through almost anything, hastens the user, and much, much more. It has a downside to all of its power. With all of the benefits that it has, it very, very slowly drains the wielder. That is why I don't carry it with me now. I need all the strength I can get. Delgotto stole it from the Tower of Magi. As long as he had it, he was a threat to every person living in these caves. You can say that I relieved him of this luxury of widespread fear."

Arianne: "And the other items?"

Celisto: "There is a magical tome he brought back from one of his most recent conquests. Have you ever heard of the Cartouche Kingdom?" (Pronounced Car-toosh)

Arianne: "Yes. They are one of the most powerful kingdoms in the caves. I might even venture to say that their power is greater than that of the Overlord himself."

Celisto: "You venture incorrectly. It was more powerful than his kingdom."

Arianne: "You mean..."

Celisto: "That's right. He destroyed the kingdom and took many of its treasures."

Arianne: "What about the other weapon?"

Celisto: "The other weapon is called the Liberate broadsword. It is fused magically with enchantments and spells of all sorts like the Quicksilver blade, but it's not quite as powerful. It has the power of increasing the intelligence of all that wield it. Once again, very dangerous in his hands."

Arianne: "Do you leave them unguarded?"

Celisto: "Oh, they are quite safe. They are thirty feet below the cave rock and separated from the surface by at least thirty or more Magic Barriers."

Celisto: "You will be the next in line if Delgotto dies, will you not? If so, or if not, either way, I will give them to you to keep safe in your clan. But, that all depends on whether or not I survive. Only I know the spells to get to them. If anyone else tries to them, they will set off the traps I set up to keep the anyone from getting to them in one piece. My traps are not something to trifle with."

Celisto then turned away from Arianne and walked toward the carnage.

[ Friday, September 12, 2003 03:00: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #161
OOC: holy crap, cut the super long posts already MSW. you can't expect somebody to read through a small novel encased into a forum page, can you?

IC:
Maestro found himself in a fight against a vampire and a death knight. While the death knight attacks quite slowly with his runeblade, the vampire was hard to dodge. Maestro was more agile than the two combined, but he did not have the brute strength. An overpowering strike from the death knight sent Maestro into the air, leaving him weaponless. The vampire, taking the rare chance, tackled him and tried to bite him - only to find an unpleasant surprise that is one of Maestro's steel bracers.

With one armed entangled in the vampire and on the ground, Maestro dodged the death knight with difficulty...

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 13:41: Message edited by: Vampiric Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #162
Sorry, just trying to add an interesting twist to my character and Arianne's as well. She gave me permission to. I think it makes the story more interesting. It is very long, and I am sorry about that. But there was no other way to post my part. I could have posted it in individual parts, but, I would get complaints about that then.

Either way I get complaints. So why don't the people reading the story just sit back, stop complaining, and enjoy the lurid tale before it ends. Firedrake seems to be in the process of finishing it anyway. A good detailed twist in the ending plot is a good thing to have. It brings the storyline to a conclusive end.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #163
OOC: No, murder, premonition did not permit you to play around with her character.

And, there is a difference between participating in and usurping a thread.

I'm out of this.

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #164
OOC: Ok, before all this RP goes straight to hell I would like to make some arrangements. Murder, I think you went in to quickly in this one. This is a little analisis of your intervention.

( - ): You aded a conversation with another character when you where in the middle of the final combat!!! Who starts conversating like that in the middle of the final battle!!

( + ): You gave the OVERLORD a plot, a name and a reason to attack this town.

(- ): Your character is WAY too powerfull, reminds me of Zephir. Ok, it carries a tome of inmesurable power, two of the most powerfull items ever and your characters is equaly powerfull to the Overlord. Booring. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (7)_files/redface.gif)

So I will just ignore that Calisto and Arianne know each other.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #165
OOC: Ok, 1. Arianne and I were not in the middle of battle. She was at the edge of the alley watching the battle and saw me approach. She spoke to me. It is only natural that Celisto speaks back.

2. premonition did give me permission. She said very clearly:

quote:
[ooc] Arianne does not know Celisto personally. What Celisto knows is entirely up to you.
That is clear proof of her permission to say exactly what Celisto knows of Arianne.

3. These weapons are items stolen from Delgotto. Which is all the more a reason for him to be attacking the town.

But, if you want things changed, I have no problem with that.

Consider it done.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 18:10: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #166
OOC: Listen here MSW, this is my RP. I dictate what goes on here. Quit messing with my plot. The plot was that hoards of zombies were attacking the town, adventurers fight them, some civil war of some sort between warring vampires, and some guy named the overlord behind it all. Everyday you write 6 or 7 paragraph plot changers. I've tried to tolerate it but yelling at another member of the rp for trying to work with the plot will not be tolerated. Consider this your warning.
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (7)_files/mad.gif)

IC: Greenswell fought with the Overlord as the guard, Maestro, Rasil and co. fought the hoards of undead. The number of skeletal captains and champions were dwindling. All of Greenswell concentration was on fighting the Overlord, but he was quite invincible until all the skeletal champions and captains were destroyed...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #167
Ok. Before any of you go overboard, I went back and changed my plots to better suit everyone here. You should be much happeir with the change. Sheesh! I wasn't tying to change the plots into my favor. I was trying to make them interesting. The plot you came up with is still in place and I haven't changed it at all. What are you mad about.

Since I went back and altered my plots to fit in with yours again, you should have no reason to yell at me. Just take the time to read them.

Bye.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #168
"Taste friendly fire!" Maestro shouted, still on the ground, as he used the thrashing vampire that was on top of him as a meat shield against the death knight's runeblade. Literally.

The gargantuan sword cleaved a large portion of the vampire open, leaving room for Maestro to catch his sword in midair and throw it at the death knight, blade piercing through his heart. Both were, biologically, dead.

As Maestro pulled his sword out of the death knight, he noticed two stray ghouls chase a woman and her infant child into an alley. Not being one to watch the innocent die, he quickly ran towards the ghouls...

Do not tell me it is too late, Maestro thought, as he rapidly closed in on the ghouls... The woman was already cornered, shielding the baby.

Damn, why must I resort to this...

A beam of energy shot through the head of one of the ghouls.

The woman and the remaining ghoul looked back, to see Maestro with a glowing finger pointed at where the dead ghoul's head once was. Maestro then engaged the ghoul, and killed it with ease.

"These undead will trouble you no more. Quickly, head to the town hall." With that, he returned to the battle.

OOC: that's right, Maestro resorted to Beam Finger which i mentioned a while back. well, you'll see more than visible energy beams that fry people's heads.

--------------------
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #169
OOC: All of my posts are changed to better suit the plot. Oddly enough, they sound better when they go along with the plot. Who knew?

I changed things in all three of my story posts.

IC: Celisto walked towards the battle, all the time aware that Arianne was walking on the rooftops above her. Suddenly, she stopped. There was what looked like a large pile of rubble in front of her. Well, maybe I can blast it out of the way. She summoned a fireball and threw it at the rubble. When it hit, she was surprised to hear a loud roar and she saw the huge mass turn around. It looked down at her and she realized that it was a Dracolich.

"Oh dear." She exclaimed. I have never encountered enemies quite this large before. Just then, it breathed a cloud of flame at her and she managed with difficulty to block the cloud with an ice wall, which melted right away. "Dang it!"

She muttered a few words and started to levitate. She rose up only ten feet when the dragon turned around quickly and hit her with its tail. "OOOMF!" and with that she went flying through the air. She regained control just before ramming into a building. "Enough is enough!!!!" She yelled. "Prepare to meet your doom!!! As will your master soon!!!" She raved a few words quickly and then rammed her fists into the ground.

"Yaaaah!!!!" She sent a shockwave out and knocked the Dracolich off of its feet and it landed on its back. Then her mind seemed to snap in fury as she unleashed a firestorm spell and a divine thud spell simultaneously. "Hooooooowaaaaaah!!!!!"

The Dracolich roared ferociously as the spells hit it and its dying roar echoed throughout the entire town. When the smoke cleared, there was a well-roasted Dracolich on the ground and immediately it turned to ashes. She now had a clear view of the combat ahead, but she was still to far to do anything. She continued to walk toward the battle. More determined than ever to kill Delgotto.

[ Thursday, September 11, 2003 18:11: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #170
How long wil teh final battle take? I'm very eager to use my Slith Knight(If possible.) because of one fact:
He's a were dragon.
You want to know why? Wait till the next scenerio, and the origin of Ssstiiviz will be revealed.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #171
[big ooc]
I did initiate the conversation between Celisto and Arianne.
MSW, it's usually better, in a conversation between characters such as you posted, that you allow the other rper to control his/her own character's responses. Small things, such as "Get out of my way" or "Sure, here's some food" are fine, but longer dialogue is best left to the other rper. They know the depth of their character and what the most likely response would be. You must be really certain you understand the character completely before trying to write for them. I've a bit to say regarding that, so I'd appreciate it if you take the time to read what I've written.

For example, Arianne. Here's a few pointers about her:
1. She is not generally so talkative. Information is power, and she will share it only sparingly. Neither is she particularly friendly to mortals such as Celisto and the other heroes.
2. She does not reveal her emotions to such a large degree unless they are overwhelming, or she has a hidden purpose and sees an emotional display as an advantage. Allowing others to see what she feels is giving them information about herself.
3. Shooting a fireball at Arianne is likely to elicit a strong reaction - like one right back in Celisto's face.
4. Arianne is not shocked by a few magical tricks. Remember, she is a magicuser herself, and she is several centuries old. If any of the spells such as teleportation impress her, she will hide it. When I read what you had her respond, I hear only mockery in her words.
5. If you haven't noticed, the only character names Arianne has ever used are those of other vampires, or that of the vampire-slayer Greenswell. She will only ever call the Overlord the Overlord: to her, it is what he is.
6.Also about her speech, she rarely uses contractions such as "can't" or "didn't". She is not human and does not have the same speech patterns of a human.
7. I implied a few times in her dealings with her rivals that my vampires disdain the use of weapons. Arianne is more open-minded than most, but even she will not burden herself with too powerful a weapon. Powerful weapons enforce a dependence upon them, and to the vampires, such a dependence is a weakness.
8. Once again (yes, I'm scrolling down your post) you are giving Arianne a display of emotions she simply will not have.
9. Arianne's history. It is usually considered polite to allow the character's rper to create the background of their own character.
Arianne is undead and high up in the hierarchy of the Clan: that means she is old. She did not get to her position without a great deal of time, patience and treachery. Any ancestors she may have had (and I haven't made up my mind about that) are long dead. Also, if she cared at all about the land of her birth, she would be there right now. There is nothing stopping her from returning.
10. Last thing. Arianne is quite satisfied with her status as a vampire. She did not become a vampire by being nice, or without a great deal of desire for power. Because she is currently allying with the mortals in the town does not mean she wants to be a mortal.

That is Arianne's character, or at least the parts relevant to your post.

Having said all that and picked your post apart, please don't see this as a flame. I am simply trying to help you better understand the rp, in particular my character Arianne. I'm not really fussed, but if you honestly wish to fix up that post, pm me and I'll help. Of course, there's nothing stopping Arianne from taking everything Celisto has so trustingly given her, then turning around and killing Celisto.

Apologies to everyone else for the size of the ooc.
[/big ooc]

The town is under siege more now than in any of the last waves: the streets are flooded, the space above filled with the whistling, buffeting wind of the Flying Ones. In addition, many of the heroes seem to have disappeared. Arianne notes that the town will probably fall to the Overlord. She snarls softly. She should have known better than to trust in mortals. Still, they had lasted longer than Arianne would have thought possible.

Cloaked in ragged cloth and shadow, Arianne makes her way towards the great stench of power that is the Overlord. His most powerful slaves are arrayed around him in an intricate network of magic designed to augment his power. Arianne smiles. The conclusion she had drawn from the information the little mortal had given her was correct. The Overlord has come to depend on contraptions and devices, all of which can be broken.

She watches them carefully, ignoring the undead that stumble blindly around her. Finally, with great care, she picks out her targets, and waits patiently for the opportunity to strike.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.

Pages