Zombie Attack RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #75
OOC: Be back Thursday...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #76
Aptok and Santdoil (two misfortunate rogues)suddenly run into town. Quite forcefully. After they pick themselves up and dust themselves off, they notice they are surrounded by undead and remember that is why they ran into town (a section of the wall to be precise). Aptok grabs Santdoil and Santdoil grabs his sword (Aptok's) and begins to attack the undead. Soon Aptok comes by a handy weapon, his lunch. Weilding longsword and gyro sandwich (three weeks overdue) A&S fight their way to the center of town, to get a drink from the refreshments booth. After the drink they get out their bows and string them, and start picking off the undeads' noses, eyes, ears and heads (sometimes they miss). Until they are forced to pull back by the angry adventurers in the front lines being sprayed by undead facial appendages.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #77
"Maestro, come over here for a second. You can't fight with a broken arm, I won't let you." ef chanted a healing spell. "That's better now. By the way, you'll find some hasting potions in my shop should you need them. Off you go." The old lady turned, squeezing through the fighters' lines until she found the archmage. "There you are. Yes, I know. So here are three wands for you and a couple of scrolls. I make more. How is it going? Rathlan's a genius, don't you think so? Clever traps and very efficient. Well, look into my basket, there's some refreshment in it. Have a bite and a minute's rest, I'll take your place in the meantime."

Eyeing the zombies curiously and slightly shaking her head she started a series of Dispel Undead spells. "Can you tell me why undead should want a city? Doesn't make sense to me. A necromancer now, wouldn't he feel safer in a tower? What are they after?"

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #78
IC: Meanwhile Kel-Aziz continued waving his waveblade
Warrior
Member # 1229
Profile #101
quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:

OOC:

Tommy: We are in Exile in a made up town somewhere in eastern Exile I think.

EatAChinchilla: You can join and be Captain Beregond! But since I made that character up you have to play him as I made him. He is the captain of this towns garrison, he doesnt like adventurers, he is big, strong and has one of the finest armours around. He just uses his broadsword but will ocasionaly use throwing daggers. He has no magical knowledge but his combat skills and logistic abilities, apart from his size, make him a man to fear. Ok, guess thats it...mm, one last thing, he has a nasty scar below his left eye...juts to give him a cooler look.

OOC:
Okay, I'll keep the armour, and all the rest of the stuff, but can I please make him a shield-and-spear guy? So far I had heard no mention of a broadsword and throwing daggers (then again, I think I kinda skimmed), so I think it'd be alright. Unless you want me to play him like that exactly. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (5)_files/smile.gif)
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #102
OOC: Ok , you will be Beregond and he will be a shield-and-spear guy.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #103
[ooc]Omlette: Thanks, I was trying to avoid that mental image...
[/ooc]

Arianne rolls to her feet and staggers out of the hut. She takes no notice of her surroundings, drawn only by the scent of lifeblood in the air. It is all around, mingled with death and the rotten odour of the zombies.

Dragging a reluctant cow by the tether around its neck, Nicky takes one look at the feral expression on her face and decides that now may not be the best time to approach the hungry vampire. He turns quickly to head in another direction, but not before her gaze falls on him.

She makes no noise, a hunter sighting its prey, as she near flies across the intervening space. Nicky has only enough time to take a step back - and catches his foot in the ribcage of an inanimate skeleton. Overbalancing, he falls on his back just as Arianne lunges for the spot where his neck should be and crashes headfirst into the cow...

The cow is more than enough to satisfy her craving. Her mind clears, and Arianne looks up finally, her gaze stronger and more conscious than it had been, though no less dangerous. She stares at Nicky thoughtfully. At length she decides he is no threat to her and starts walking away without saying a word. If Guven was running with the horde of beasts assaulting this town, then so are others of the Clan. She has no desire to confront them yet, not in her weakened state. Not until she is rested and her power restored.

She does not go far before she halts suddenly, her eyes widening in trapped realization a moment before the priest-cast wards hit her. Arianne screams, the sound astonishingly loud and piercing, and falls writhing to the ground in agony. Smoke rises from her body.

"I have done nothing to you!" Arianne cries out, blindly pleading.

[ Friday, September 05, 2003 01:42: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #104
She had been about to enter the inn to treat someone's leg when she heard the cry. She stood very still, listening. Then, acknowledging truth in a plea that she could neither argue nor turn away from, she left the town, hastening herself to reach the girl in time. She lowered the strength of the ward, just so it would hold but not hurt and sat down beside it.

"Stop hissing, girl, spare your strength, you don't need that. I don't trust you from here to there, but I won't hurt you either, so relax. I can't try to heal you, I'd only add to your pain, I won't do that. You and I need to talk. I saw you fight one of your kind who was attacking us. It is not you who's after us right now, but you're involved.

What's going on? I want an honest answer."

Looking up defiantly, Arianne met with a friendly though dispassionate glance, eyes that were observing and weighing her. ef smiled.

"If I find you true, I may help you in my own way. The choice is yours."

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #105
Scyger: "Uggghhhh....after that..."sneeze"....I'm not feeling quite well. Is there a disease going around, or did I just eat something bad recently?" *Glows green instead of the normal blue.*

OOC: Looks like he's catching that disease the "Wannabe Thief" is spreading.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #106
There seems to be an epidemic starting up, Maestro said to himself as he watched the town from the roof of the inn. It's time to inform the potion lady, and let out my suspicions.

With that, he left for ef's home, by the thieves' highway of course.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #107
Half-way up the observation tower Rathlan was building in the centre of town to warn of the next zombie attack, he spied the healer lady leaving through the gate.

Doubtless she's going to look for herbs, or something.

Then she approached a figure huddled on the ground. Rathlan lifted his spyglass to his eye, and took a careful look.

A vampire! I hope our healer lady knows what she's doing. They aren't to be trusted. Still, she won't be able to come into the town, so there's a limit to how much harm she can cause us. If there's one, though, there may be more. Perhaps I'd better start melting down some silver for crossbow bolts...

Meanwhile, the townsfolk drafted to help with the construction of the tower were trying to attract his attention.

'We want to stop for a bit, we're feeling tired, and sort of ill. Maybe there's something in the air...something left-over from the undead attack?'

'All of you feel ill? This is serious! Probably the undead want to weaken us before sending the next wave. But they'd have to have someone here to start it off...the vampire! Of course!'

With no further ado, Rathlan sets off towards where he saw ef, searching his pockets as he runs for something silver...

OOC note: Gnomes have naturally high resistance to disease. Rathlan'll come down eventually, just slower, and the symptoms will be less serious.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #108
Kel-Aziz had just made it past the main corpse field when something caught his attention. Rathlan and the old almhemist crone where standing by what at first glance apeared to be just another corpse being lifted. A closer inspection however, revealed it was no corpse but a young beautifull pale woman. Kel-Aziz inmediatly recognized those features, it was a vampire. Back in the Darubian Royal Guard training days, he was tought to read and memorize the whole Tome of Val-Haziz Bestiary, a magnificent recopilation of the wordls most powerfull creatures. He remembered vampires pretty well, they were usualy vain mortal wizards with the ambition eternal life or beauty...although sometimes they where just victims of the later.
However, he did not linger outside the town walls and headed towards the crumbled town gates. As he entered something inmediatly caught his attention. His experienced veteran knowledge adverted him of danger, the townfolk that passed had a faint green in their faces...wich usualy meant only one thing.

Kel-Aziz: Mmm...guess Ill justa have to skip dinner, get my reward and get the hell out of here before it gets realy messy.

Kel-Aziz walked towards the town hall.

[ Friday, September 05, 2003 14:27: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #109
OOC: There's no rest for the characters this round. That's right. Round 4 begins now. Time for tougher monsters.

Greenswell had just finished stomping some ruby skeletons when suddenly, a fierce blast of rotten death flew past. Greenswell turns to see a Zombie Dragon. Greenswell moves to attack the Dragon.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #110
Not seeing ef in her home, Maestro left a note at a table:

There seems to be a plague. I believe we'll need 100 mL of your all purpose curing salve for the each townsperson here. Don't worry about me - I have enough stock to survive. - Maestro

Maestro left the house without anyone noticing. It's a good thing he received plenty of vaccination from his wife before he left home... the disease doesn't seem to be affecting him.

Immediately he noticed Greenwell fighting an undead dragon as he ascended to the roof of a general store. Without delay he rushed to his aid. Good thing I have my sword with me, he said to himself...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #111
Rasil sat on at one of the inn's table, with bandages wrapped around his burned leg. Looks like everyone else has gone out... He gave a slight cough as he rubbed his leg, still aching with burning pain. He was feeling somewhat woozy, and decided it be best if he stayed here a little. Then the blast of rotten stench came.

It hit the town with a force of an ice storm. An undead dragon was afoot, and one lone person was racing toward it, while others were bringing up the rear. Rasil looked out of the window to see the action. Hmmm... I think its time I go take a visit upstairs... Using his bow as a crutch, he went upstairs to "check" on things.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #112
*Scyger stands in front of the Zombie Dragon, he is glowing a very blatant green. He readies his scythe as he attempts to deal a critical bloww(He's a Bounty Hunter...) to the Zombie Dragon. He hits, the dragon roars in pain, then Scyger collapses.*
Scyger: "Disease...someone or something is spreading a..." *Faints.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #113
OOC: Firedrake just so you know, we have aded a bit of plot to this RP in your absence...you know...to make this a more fun RP. Bashing undead is fun for a while but it will get boring if we dont add other things to it.

Just as Kel-Aziz arrived at the town hall to claim his reward the city bells started ringing. An unusualy pale soldier with a slightly greenish tone of skin color aproached Kel-Aziz.

Kel-Aziz: What now!!
Soldier: We have been attacked... we must get to the city gates, theres a new undead wave aproaching and we need all the hel...

Suddenly the soldier stood still, as if reached by a basilisk ray.

Kel-Aziz: You need what...hey...Im talking to you.

The soldiers eyes opened even wider in response, then Kel-Aziz saw it, in the reflexion on the soldiers eye...a red glow...no, a fireball.

Nearby Soldier: GET DOWN!!!

Kel-Aziz reacted in a second, but the pale frightened soldier was not so fast. A huge colum of fire flew right over Kel-Aziz, burning his ragged cloak and taking a full hit on the terror struk soldier. As Kel-Aziz lifted his head a huge shadow pased above him, creating a small windwhirl that spread what ashes remained of the unfortunate soldier.

Kel-Aziz: Great...an Undead Dragon.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #114
OOC: It's okay to have a plot. However, I'm still running by rounds. Try to end things by the end of Round 10. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (5)_files/smile.gif) Btw - Greenswell has a British accent. I dunno why. He just does.

Greenswell dodged the rancid breath of the dragon zombie. Out of nowhere Maestro jumps off of the roof of the general store, leaping onto the dragon, stabbing it with well placed blows, and then jumping back off. Greenswell runs foward, stabbing the dragon a few times, quickly getting back away again, as the dragon sprays the street with more death. Noticing Scyger on the ground, Greenswell runs foward, dodging a few claws, grabs him and gets Scyger inside. Running back outside, he distracts the Dragon, while Maestro beheads it. The dragon swings wildly for a few minutes, and then becomes still, falling over crushing several ruby skeletons.

Greenswell: Are you alright?

Maestro nods.

Greenswell notices more skeletons advancing and a vampire moving down the street.

Greenwell: Bloody hell! It never ends! We must deal with them.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #115
*Scyger wakes up, Greenswell runs to him to see if he's better.*
Scyger: "Ugghhhh....I've never been sick in Scongs(Pronounced sohngs). In Scongs there is a very skilled alchemist. He's famous in Scongs for making his "Mire(Scyger's species.) Potion", it can cure ANY Mire of almost ANY disease. Here you'd have all the ingreadients, but you'd need some Meer(It's what makes Mires glow.). Scongs is located...in Upper Exile, on the highest point(Without going onto the surface.), there's a portal. You must say "Fading Shadows...and..." *Faints once again. Then Greenswell gos back outside, wondering what he meant.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #116
How lucky of a time Rasil had! The whole inn was sacked as he took every valuble in sight, while leaving any of those "family heirlooms" alone. I don't need anybody killing me for something as idiotic as that... Rasil went into a small coughing fit as he tried to regain his balance. He heard the scream of soldiers and such and decided that if he was gonna get out of here, he would have to help them. He hobbled down the stairs, taking with him someone else's quiver of arrows.

Out upon the battle field, hell was breaking loose toward the front. The dragon had been slain, but many more undead ran about, killing anything in sight. Rasil reached an outpost already built and climbed up. He grabbed a chair that was up there, sat down, and began sniping at the undead with his bow.

OOC: That dragon is dead... right? And sorry about the rather cruddy description, but I need Rasil in the battlefield already!

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #117
Kel-Aziz noticed how two adventurers fought in an almost insane manner against the dragon, and how they finnaly succeded in choping his head off.

Kel-Aziz: Impressive, mostly impressive...and convinient I must add, now I can go on with my reward reclamation.

Kel-Aziz grabed the head of the dragon, (not as big as its body) and managed to carry it with him. With his feet he kiked the town hall door and threw the head over the mayors table.

Kel-Aziz: There you are old man. I killed the dragon and many other zombies and skeletons. Now its you turn to give me my reward.

The mayor was seriously ill but still managed to mutter a brief spell wich opened a concealed door behind him.

Mayor: You may pass now son, this town is a gratefull one. Take whatever you please from the eastern treasure room, do not go west or you might get killed. Beregond stared coldly at Kel-Aziz.

Cpt. Beregond: Do not dare to take anything from the west chambers or you shall certainly regret it.

Kel-Aziz just smiled at Beregond wich made him just more angry. Kel-Aziz, without wasting more time arrived at the eastern secret chamber where his mercenary eyes shined with happines. Quickly he grabbed a couple of emeralds and diamons instead of a huge amount of gold. He knew he couldnt carry so much so he stayed with the precious stones. One ring however caught his attention, it had an intricate carving and small gems around it, he took it. He also took a pair of boots wich seemed much better than the wasted ones he was wearing, as he swaped boots he inmediatly felt lighter and not only lighter but faster.

Kel-Aziz: Mmm...intresting boots. I think this should be enough to feed me for a couple of months.

Kel-Aziz quickly ran out of the treasure chambers .

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #118
As ef explained the situation to Rathlan, Arianne looked over their shoulders in growing horror.

'Stop! Look!'

They both turned round and looked. In the distance, yet another undead horde was approaching. Two undead dragons already flew overhead. Suddenly ef cried out in pain.

'The wards! They've been broken!'

A flash of light temporarily blinded them, and when it had gone, a small army of ruby skeletons could be seen heading towards the town.

Arianne got up purposefully.

'This power can only be commanded by one of the Clan. I can stop it, if you will let me go.'

'Wait!' interrupted ef. 'You're still weakened from the wards, and for all you know, there could be more than one vampire out there.'

'That's true, but I can hardly wait until I recover-the town won't hold up against a single vampire for long, let alone two.'

'I'll come with you,' suggested Rathlan. 'I can take care of any of their minions, and I've found a silver brooch. If I get a minute, I can bend it into a shape that will fire from my crossbow.'

'One more thing' added ef. 'I'll bless your crossbow quickly before you go. You're right, Arianne, this is our only hope. I just pray I'm not sending you to your dooms.'

'We'll be alright' replied Rathlan. 'But you'd better get back to the town: there's a magical disease spreading rapidly, and they'll need you to heal them, if they're to fight off this attack.'

As ef ran back to the town, Rathlan and Arianne turned to skirt round the undead army, heading for the driving force behind it.

OOC: premonition: I don't know if you want your character to be this co-operative. If you don't, feel free to betray me, just try not to kill Rathlan...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #119
Kel-Aziz quickly ran out of the treasure chambers .

As Kel-Aziz walked out of the chamber he met with Beregond, his face was covered in blood from a cut on his forehead so he couldnt tell if he was sick, however he seemed extreamly hurt, both fisicaly and spiritualy.

Beregond: Wait!

Kel-Aziz turned to him.

Beregond: The mayor...the mayor is dead.
Kel-Aziz: What are you talking about.
Beregond: Shades..Spirits, they passed over the walls and...Uggg (he touched a serious wound behind his left arm)...they attacked the town hall...I couldnt stop them...there are still a pair of them alive creating havoc and destruction from within...you must stop them before they reach the women and children.

Kel-Aziz was a mercenary, but not a monster. Part of his past life as a noble Royal Guard was still with him, even if he tried to deny it and forget that past. Kel-Aziz stared at Beregond and noded. He then made a quick arm movement that tore the old burned cloak that was covering him all the time revealing a brand new warrior, as if taken out of an epic tale lost in the test of time. A new warrior was standing in front of Beregond, not an dirty old veteran mercenary, but a Darubian Royal Guard in all his splendor, just a glimpse(sp?) of the Darubian Empires former glory.

He was wearing a golden platemail and in its chest the Silver Moon of Darubia and the two waveblades across it could be seen clearly, carefully and beautifully carved over the armour. On his head he was wearing a golden helmet, with no intricate designs as the rest of the armour, just plain and bright, enough to get the job done and magicaly enhanced to protect the user from mind control. The helmet, unlike the rest of the armour, was not standard equipment for the Darubian warriors. This helmet was made quite long ago when a talented gnomish inventor known as Rathlan built it to save Kel-Aziz from a demonic mind control problem (see Tower of Babil RP). As Kel-Aziz prepared to leave Beregond muttered a few words.

Beregond: K...Kill them all...
Kel-Aziz: (taking his waveblades out)...I will.

[ Saturday, September 06, 2003 14:18: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #120
Meanwhile, in the Scongs town hall:

Mire Scout: "The undead are sweeping through Exile. Surely they will find the portal, and the traitor(NOT Scyger, but the only Mire necromancer.) will say the password. We don't have the military strength to take on this undead army. We need Scyger! He MUST come back soon with reinforcements!"
Mire Seer: "I have seen Scyger, he is sick with the disease we call "Siptobyosis", Mires cannot be cured of this without powerful magic or the Mire Potion. But lo, our spiritual herbs will not grow. Scyger will not live much longer. It may not be as severe to humans, but to us Mire, instead of just killing us, we will become undead."
Mire citizens: *Uproar* "But we do not want to become Mire zombies! We must stop this army!"
Mire Potion Master: "Meer will actually be our downfall! We cannot risk getting Syptobyosis, Meer actually augments it! Hoefully someone will bring Scyger here before it is to late."

OOC:Errrr...just adding a bit of a twist to the plot.

IC: *Just then, a glowing zombie appeared, not at the inn, but it just seem to have dug out of a hill. It's claws were razor sharp, and it was quite athletic. It was dangerous, it was a Mire zombie.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #121
Things were not going well. The outpost that Rasil was in fell under attack a while ago. Most of the zombies have forgone attacking it all together, and began climbing up for the lust of brains. Rasil was only with a couple of soldiers up there, and shades were coming from the distance.

"Keep them down there!" Rasil shouted to one of the soldiers. Another cough and a woozy daze, and the soldier got into keeping the zombies down. Rasil was faring well against the disease, strangely. He was rather suprised how green everyone was looking compared to him, as he only had small coughing fits. He shot another arrow, and saw it go through one of the advancing shades. It continued as though nothing hit it. D***it! If something doesn't happen soon, this whole place is going down! Rasil only managed to glimpse two people wading through the crowd before he had to refocus on more targets.

--------------------
-Random Quote

Pages