Zombie Attack RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #197
quote:
Originally written by Firedrake221:

quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

I've just noticed that these RP topics all end with fighting because some unexperienced RPer made a mistake and he gets yelled at (Slightly exaggerated) by everybody for it. A main problem I've seen is that some people create godly RP characters.

As for you inexperienced RPers, when people are trying to correct your mistakes they are not that mad at you. Its when you make a big deal out of it, it becomes a problem. So chill.

Do you even know who Zephyr is? No, I didn't think so. He's ruined about 4+ RPs with his blantant spamming, god characters, and trying to hijack the plot. Zephyr doesn't learn. He does the same crap as the last time he RPed. We've told him numerous times that we won't allow his God Characters and his attempts to alter the plot. I actually quite mad. We've tried to help his correct his mistakes, but he apparently doesn't care to change.

As for Zephyr, your Slith Knight has been rejected.

IC: Greenswell and the others still in town returned to the main hall. Hailed as heroes, a huge banquet was held in their honor. Surrounding the following months, the town was rebuilt, and new life came back to the land. As for the Overlord and his followers, they never returned. As for Greenswell, he went on to fight the Battle of Feldston, where the great lich Zansar had raised an army in an attempt to conquer Eastern Exile. Greenswell managed to stop Zansar, but disappeared from the battle afterwards. Nobody has seen him since.

OOC: Add what happens to your character afterwards if you want. This RP is over for the most part. I might create a new topic later.

I DO learn. But I refuse to use the knowledge until people stop going for my neck. Don't you care for other's feelings!? IF YOU STOP GOING AT MY NECK, I WILL GET BETTER! BUT YOU DON'T SEEM TO CARE!!!!

HOw about a deal, you stop going at my neck, and approve of Stiiviz, and I'll stop getting on your nerves(Or at least do my best NOT to get on your nerves.). Reject, and it starts all over again. Firedrake, I'm talking to YOU.

So Incredibly Sad, you don't know what I have to put up with, do you? Just my computer alone would probably overwhelm you.

[ Saturday, September 13, 2003 08:04: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #198
Meanwhile... Murder, She Wrote pulls out a gun and attempts to shoot himself, but thinks twice. "That is a boring way to go. Hmmmm. What else could I try?" He looks around his computer room and then looks outside. "Ah-hah! Poison hemlock. That is interesting enough." He goes outside, breaks off a branch, and steeps some in boiling water. Then he drains off the water in a cup and puts in some ice cubes. He takes it to the computer room, sits down in front of his computer, and is about to drink it when he checks out this thread for one final time.

He is horrified to see the same argument going back and forth once again and suddenly slumps over onto his keyboard, knocking the poison hemlock onto the floor. Yet another victim of death by boredom from the same argument being repeated in more than a dozen posts.

"bni'p;/sazEIlsdf LsrGL"

His parents walk into the room and sigh at the sight. "Damn, call the doctor again, we got to keep him from viewing this sight all the time. He already has depression and this is just too much for him to handle."

--------------------------------------------------

Sorry, I had to write that. I have had it up to my greasy hair with this bickering and I am going to soon go to another post if it doesn't end. I refuse to jump into the argument, but I am tired of seeing it too. Can someone close this thread and end the misery. This post is being kept open only for arguments now, and quite frankly, I am sick of it.

Someone call the moderators, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!
IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (8)_files/frown.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (8)_files/mad.gif)

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #199
quote:
Originally written by Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice:

approve of Stiiviz, and I'll stop getting on your nerves(Or at least do my best NOT to get on your nerves.). Reject, and it starts all over again.
Zephyr, that's a blatant threat. You've made those threats before, as I recall, and they're against the CoC that you're always so quick to quote.

It might be a good idea (though I don't see how you deserve it to be honest), to stop constantly flaming you, not just because you should show respect for members no matter how badly they behave, but also because flaming you is no use anyway, since it doesn't teach you anything. So, everyone, grit your teeth and stop flaming the little guy.

That does not, however, have anything to do with approving or not approving your characters. Your slith knight has, as far as I can see, been rejected not as a gesture of flaming you personally, but because it was perceived to be a crappy character. It's nothing personal, improve it, tune down the power, and it may get accepted. May. If I was in charge of any rp, I would reject your character too, no matter who made it. Again, it doesn't have anything to do with you personally. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (8)_files/rolleyes.gif)

[ Saturday, September 13, 2003 08:05: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #200
How is Ssstiiviz of poor quality?
His origin was a very well written few paragraphs. But my computer wouldn't let me post it. Hopefully it will let me post it when I TRY to make another rp.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #201
Well, you can't expect people to judge your character according to stuff they haven't seen. Once you post it, your character might be more... well... widely accepted, so to put it.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #202
OOC: This is my last post on this topic. Zephyr, I'm not approving of your character. Besides, since this is the last post of the topic, I ask one of the mods to close the topic, so the argument ends.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #203
while i still have a chance:

Wise Forums and Polaris will always be there. for the good and decent RPers. not for people like FB.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #204
Actually, since FB asked a few posts back, I'll just detail the things that would make me, personally, reject his character.

1) He can turn into a dragon. Any kind of dragon, even without a breath weapon or spells, is too powerful to be controlled by a player. Even a human-sized dragon would be pushing it a bit; really, any player that can fly needs to be feeble in all other respects, or they quickly become too powerful (a flying expert archer, for example...I'm sure you see my point...)

2) He can change shape, full stop. There's no point in giving a character weaknesses as a balancing factor, and then giving him another form he can use which doesn't have those weaknesses (For example, the one weakness of your dragon form was that he had no magic resistance, but your Slith was magic-immune. That isn't a weakness at all.)

3) He's both a mage and physically powerful. Having one character that can do everything is no fun for everyone else; a party can only have a proper adventure when everyone in the party has something to contribute. Thus, if you want to make a super-super archmage, give him limits-say he gets tired out easily so he has to rest each time he casts a spell, for example. And mages that can also fight better than average in close combat and have a ranged weapon-they're no fun at all.

I'm sorry if you feel my analysis is unfair, but I'm just telling you my problems with your character-they're probably similar to Firedrake's. If you want some tips on how to make a good character, PM me-I have plenty of free time (far too much, actually) and I'd be happy to help.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #205
In Slith form, he wasn't magic immune!

The idea of being a Were dragon is really cool, though. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (9)_files/frown.gif)

A cool character right down the drain. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (9)_files/frown.gif)

In slith form, he was more of a mage, in dragon form, he was more of a warrior. All that thinking down the drain. Every waking moment, my head hurts. And thinking makes it hurt more. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (9)_files/frown.gif)
That means I experienced so much pain for nothing. I hope you're hapy you really wounded my feelings.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #206
screw the dragon form and magic immunity. stick only with the slith mage portion, minus close combat ability and the character's ... not completely bad.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #207
Zephyr, I was trying to help you. If you were really offended, I'm sorry, but I hope you at least understand that people have reasons for objecting to your characters other than pure spite.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #208
"Wake up, Murder, She Wrote. You're still alive," said the doctor. "Couldn't you let me die in peace?" The doctor leaves and his parents go back to watching tv. he goes back to the forum and looks at the topic again. Once again he sees the arguing hasn't stopped yet and goes outside with a rope to hang himself. "When will it ever end!!!!" And with that he contemplates suicide again and gives it another try.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #209
This topic, however, has been murdered in the dark.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #210
Just to make a point:

Zephyr, the characters I play are not ordinary, but they're not powerful either. In all of my recent RPs, I've played severely disadvantaged characters that need to rely on other people's help. Nicky the Necro has no powers at all and no strengths. Another character I play, James, is five years old and can't do much. In my opinion, those disadvantaged characters are much more fun to play as than god characters.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages