Zombie Attack RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #122
One glance at people's faces was enough to confirm the truth of what Rathlan had told her. An epidemic had spread in the town. But magical? No. The aura of magic was missing.

'Small consolation' ef thought, aware that it might be easier to deal with magic sometimes than with the natural afflictions. 'Spreading this fast..something to do with corpses and undead? Whatever it is, how do I heal a town that is fighting a battle? No way to protect the healthy from catching it. No chance to nurse the sick.'

She entered her hut where she found Maestro's message and sighed.

'I do have a limited supply of a very potent plant. Small amounts work wonders. Yes, but the time it takes to make potions for everyone however much diluted..'

"Diluted" she almost shouted the word, her face alive and radiant now. "I have it."

She set to work, searching among her plants. It did not take long to prepare a small flask containing a very strong, a very concentrated potion. Grabbing it she left the house and hurried to the water well.

All and everyone got their drinking water from there, they all had to pump there. It should work.

She emptied her flask into it.

--------------------
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #123
[ooc] Apologies for my tardiness. Was out of town for the weekend. [/ooc]

She is careful not to limp as she leads Rathlan around the ranks of undead. A small portion of her remaining power goes into keeping the smell of living flesh from travelling farther than herself; she is not inclined to use much more of her power to keep him safe. Arianne glances down at him; she does not trust the gnome. And, from what she knows of mortals, neither does he trust her.

Arianne dares to hope that things might get better. She has no more strength to fight and little desire to, but she had convinced the cleric to let her live - more fool the cleric. The vampire cannot comprehend it, cannot understand why the cleric had not killed her when she had the chance. She had counted on a favourable answer to her plea, having no other option, and now that her prayer had been answered... Arianne shakes her head and curses herself for the gratitude she now feels. Mortals are fools. Easily manipulated, soft-hearted fools. That is all there is to it.

Yet she is still alive, and free, and has a chance to win back what Guven had cost her. And if she must suffer the presence of a gnome, then it is a small price to pay.

They are past the ruby skeletons soon enough, slogging up a barren hill to where a handful of figures can be seen silhouetted against the glow of a great fire behind. Arianne squints, then smiles grimly. Telkan. Always dramatic, the silly creature. There is not much point in stealth from now on: Arianne glides smoothly up the hill as if she is not fighting merely to stand. The group atop the hill watch them approach complacently, two vampires and a powerful necromancer.

"That's quite far enough." One of the vampires holds up a hand. The other steps back behind the necromancer. "Arianne. I'm surprised to see you."

"Telkan. Since when did you bother with human settlements?"

The vampire's lip curls faintly as he glances at the necromancer by his side. "The Old One was destroyed by one of your humans in that village. Greenswell."

"You expect me to believe you seek vengeance?"

"I swore fealty to Argaveld, as you did, Arianne."

Arianne laughs. The sound ripples around them, and the necromancer scowls impatiently. "Aye. Fealty, but not honour. Do you take me for a fool?"

The necromancer speaks up. "This is a waste of time. Kill it, or I will."

There is a small click behind her. Rathlan, thus far ignored as being insignificant, has quietly loaded his crossbow. Now he raises the weapon and, taking careful aim, fires.

Telkan's hand snaps up faster than the gnome's eye can track, shielding his neck from the missile. He looks at the brooch embedded in his palm with mild surprise. His eyes widen; he screams as the silver and blessing eat into him. Arianne lunges forward, knocking the necromancer away and going for Telkan's throat. Rathlan is by her side, already taking care of the ruby skeletons that turn towards them at the necromancer's call.

The battle is over in less time than it starts: taken by surprise and distracted by pain, Telkan barely raises an arm to defend himself before Arianne is finished with him. She is almost disappointed, though she knows that Telkan was not her match when she was at the peak of her strength. Rising quickly, Arianne turns to face the necromancer - and finds him already dead.

"You declare yourself, then, Coras?"

The other vampire looks at her steadily, his hands relaxed by his sides, dripping with the necromancer's blood. He is cautious, and does not ignore Rathlan totally, though he appears not to notice the crossbow trained on him. "Of course. We are Family, Arianne, even if you choose to keep mortal pets."

"That did not stop Guven."

"And I would have followed him, had he survived. But you have proven the stronger." Coras looks around at the undead assaulting the town, only now his expression showing his disdain. "I do not like this... bluntness. It lacks finesse. The Old One is gone, Telkan ruled the Clan for a time. I will swear fealty to you, Arianne." With one hand he draws a sigil in the air that glows briefly before dissipating.

Arianne smiles, looking happy for the first time since she was forced to leave the hunting grounds. She gestures vaguely at the ruby skeleton ranks. "Dismiss them. Better yet-" her smile becomes wolfish, "send them against Telkan's Family. They will never take me for leader."

"Why do you not do it yourself?"

Rathlan, taking a moment to glance at her, turns back to Coras. His experienced eye has seen what the vampire's does not: the only thing holding her on her feet is sheer will.

"You swore fealty," Arianne says, expression hardening.

Coras hesitates, then bows. A magical wind takes his words away from them, to the army. Within moments the ruby skeletons turn on their heels and depart, leaving the defenders bewildered.

"And the Flying Ones," she orders.

"I have no power of those, you know that."

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #124
*The Mire zombie quickly moves toward a building, it slashes it, and then, the wall it slashed explodes! Zombie Meer is explosive!*
*In the inn, Scyger mutters in his sleep.*
Scyger: "Mire zombies are weakest in the middle of their back, a single slash can kill them if you hit the middle of it's back..."
*Outside, everyone hears a voice in their head, it's not Scyger's.*
Mire Seer: "Mire zombies are weakest in the middle of their back, a single slash can kill them if you hit the middle of it's back..."

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 140 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #125
Feeling some sort of beckoning, Maestro fought to the west side of the city. Sure enough, it was quite the deserted wasteland. A death knight was waiting there... one that he knew.

"It took you long enough, Maestro," the death knight greeted coldly. "You have killed my aide Karlos. How ... surprising."

"Last I saw, Caliph, you were just a paladin and my rival," Maestro answered. "You also had a soul."

"The soul is not important. I serve the Overlord now. He has ordered me... to slaughter you and this town."

"Why?"

"I do not question the Overlord's will. But I assume that slaying all these ... famous mortals in one place is surely an accomplishment."

"You will fail."

"No, Maestro, I will not. Just remember not to cry for mercy when I disembowel you." Caliph disappeared, leaving Maestro alone. More undead began to approach...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #126
Kel-Aziz ran outside only to be surprised by what he saw. A group of zombies at the city walls slowly walked away from the city back to whatever hovel they came from. The defenders where as static as he was. Suddenly he heard battle cries, he stared all around searching for the source of the cries a bunch of well armen men ran with him since they had no more job to do at the city walls.

Only a few streets away he found the source of the screaming. A tower, an outpost was standing out in the east wall. From the distance Kel-Aziz could see what all the trouble was about. Shades where sricking with fireballs the crude tower Rathlan had built and a few zombies, summoned by the shades, where climbing the tower, he could see the few sick soldiers defending the base of the tower where easily being dispached by the pair of shades.

Kal-Aziz: Hurry up men! Do as I say and you may stay alive through this fight. CHAAAARGE!!!

The soldier screamed and striked the shades from behind, only to find their weapons where useless. Rasil, who was at the top of the tower confirmed this.

Rasil: What are you doing, shades cant be harmed by common weapons!!

The shades quickly turned and started hitting the reinforcements with their frost claws.

Kel-Aziz: Pull back, leave them to me!!

With a quick and agile move Kel-Aziz jumped forward with both waveblades on his side and made a slashing move at one of the shades, to everyones surprise, including the shade, the waveblades pierced the shade like a hot knife through butter. With a loud scream the shade evaporated, as did some of the zombies it had summones. The other shade, however, did not take any risk as it hurled a huge fireball at Kel-Aziz, the explosion blasted the street and smoke arised, Kel-Aziz was not there anymore. The soldiers stared in disbelief and took out their weapons preparing to be roasted as Kel-Aziz was. The shade turned to them and lifting its hands created an even bigger fireball above it head when suddenly the unexpected happened. A shiny piece of metal came out of the shades stomach, the creatured could only stare as its body was riped off in half. Right behind the fading shade, Kel-Aziz was standing with his waveblades on each side. One of the soldiers aproached Kel-Aziz.

Soldier: How....
Kel-Aziz: These are not common waveblades, (placing them back on his belt.) they are both poisonous and blessed. The poison was not realy helpfull in this fight, but the blessing shurely came in handy. The warriors where I come from dont use heavy defense, but we make shure our offensive weapons are enough to fight anything.
Soldier: And how do you explain that fireball, I saw how it hit you!
Kel-Aziz: Did you? You would be surprised what these speed boots can do.
Soldier2: Look! Over the tower.

Above the tower Rasil could be seen barely standing, his body seemed to have been finnaly grabed by the disease. Suddenly he fainted.

Kel-Aziz: Its that kid! I knew he would get into trouble. You...and you, get everyone in the tower to the town hall. You over there, go and tell all the men who are not yet cought by the disease and tell them to get all seriously sick soldiers over at the town hall...and you find the local alchemist.
Soldier4: You mean Ef?
Kel-Aziz: Yes, we will need all the help we can get in dealing with the sick.

Kel-Aziz walked out, as his vision slowly blured he knew it was only a matter of time before sharing the same fate as the rest of the soldiers in here. He had managed to disguise his sickness since the strange dream he had, however he was an ex-Darubian Royal Guard, and as such he was trained to resist the phisical ordeals of poisoin, disease, and curses. Royal Guards where respected and revered leaders in the Darubian society, they had the responsability to show fortitude even in the worst situations. He would go on as long as it was fisicaly possible for a mortal to resist.

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 10:26: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #127
"Yes, yes, I'll come. I'm ready and prepared. You and you, get me water from the well, about ten buckets will do. Drink some. I've added remedies to the water so that it will heal. Spread this news. But bring me the buckets for those who are too weak to pump for themselves."

ef went to the town hall. The major's good china would have to be used, much as his house keeper might complain. She'd need all the cups and mugs she could lay her hands on.

[ Sunday, September 07, 2003 14:38: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #128
OOC: I doubt a group of vampires could even harm Greenswell, he is a vampire hunter after all, and a famous one to boot. Anyways, this is the final wave. I'm running out of ideas for new undead. So once this last fight is over, it's over.

After stomping another dragon, Greenswell noticed that there were getting to be fewer and fewer zombies. Suddenly, another group of zombies appeared. Taking a swing at one, Greenswell noticed that they did not fall apart.

Greenswell: What? Strad Zombies? But how could they... unless someone drained them.

Noticing that there may be a powerful mage or lich behind the attacks, Greenswell fights the zombies and wins. Several Shades get close, and Greenswell destroys them with a Dispel Spirit spell.

Begin to get tired and surrounded, Greenswell made a run for the makeshift fort. As he was 30 ft from the building, a massive skeleton-like dragon landed right in front of him. Greenswell went into a roll as the Dragon breathed a mix of Fire, Acid, and Death. Hitting it a few times the dragon became silent, as if trying to concentrate. Greenswell suddenly was hit by a Chain Lightning spell, finally relizing that his enemy was a fearless Dracolich.

OOC: Strad Zombies are humans who have had the life drained from them by mages, necros, or liches. They are almost like humans strength wise, but they are mindless. Dracolichs are a mix of a Dragon and a lich, but aren't as powerful as a normal lich or demilich.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #129
OOC: I would probably have people that have sworn allegience to the dark arts come, demons (sooner or later), and the largest wave of undead imaginable. Don't forget that mummies could also play a part. Skeleton commander, skeleton archers, the whole skeleton rank... plus, very horrifying events. e.g: some actual character turning into undead. Or just act like an idiot and toss in Nemesis from RE into here. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/wink.gif)

OOC still: Damn you, Kel-Aziz! I can't do anything until I gain consionsness(sp?) again!

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #130
OOC: People, it's all very well for everyone to invent their own super-evil character that is causing all the undead invasions, but they're going to be very hard to justify. One is going to have to turn out to be in control of all the others. To this end, I would suggest that we follow up VWM's hint about an 'Overlord'. Maybe this 'Overlord' wants something and has taken a bunch of different 'armies' into his pay to achieve this? That would include the dracoliche, the vampires, and the death knights...and if we could keep it to those three groups, rather than inventing half a dozen more, that would be wonderful. The motives of each group for following the 'Overlord' can be discovered as we go along, but if we put this (fairly loose) constriction on the plot, it should stop it from getting too confusing.

Anyway, IC:

The vampire Coras turned away, and with it almost a third of the force attacking the town. However, a large amount of it still remained: the zombies and ghouls, all suddenly heading for Maestro, and what Arianne had called the Flying Ones, the one remaining Zombie Dragon with its attendant swarm of shades and spirits, and the Dracoliche locked in mortal combat wiht Greenswell. Rathlan ran forward and, before Arianne could stop him, retrieved the silver crossbow bolt and reloaded his crossbow. Suddenly Arianne swayed on her feet, making the gesture unnecessary.

I don't trust her, but she did send the other vampire off. While this Family business is beyond me, if it means she'll continue to stop the vampires attacking us, she must be kept alive...at least for now. And that means she needs blood...

Looking around, Rathlan discovers a cow that has somehow survived the undead attack.

'Look, here...drink its blood. I know you really need human blood, but someone's bound to have died in the attack. I'm not sure what you really want, but I suspect that it's important to you to have the majority of the town alive rather than dead at the moment. Now, I'll be going to help with the other undead.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #131
Wiping a smear of cow's blood off her lips with the back of one hand, Arianne looks at Rathlan. The gnome's crossbow is loaded and, though it is not held in an overtly threatening manner, Arianne can see that all he needs is a bare second to use it. The edge has been taken off her craving; nothing would taste nicer than human lifeblood at this moment, but the desire is nothing she cannot handle.

"Thankyou," she says at last. She inclines her head in the direction of the town. "I believe your allies may benefit from your assistance."

Rathlan is a hundred paces away before her voice reaches him again, borne by the merest whisper of a wind and a blunt honesty that owes more to her current weakness than any conscience.

"I care nothing for your village, its survival or its destruction. Were it my choice, you would never have seen any of the Clan. You oppose my rivals - that is enough for me to remain and aid you in your struggle."

Rathlan glances back, but the vampire is no longer on the hill, and a quick search does not reveal her to him.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #132
OOC: Firedrake: we wont stop playing if you dont do more undead waves, we will stop when we find a good, last boss ending. PD: Besides the waves are starting to get boring. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/rolleyes.gif)

Tommy: Dont get mad, I will soon faint too. Its just something to add a little vulnerability to our characters. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/biggrin.gif)

Omlette: I agree. Lets do an "Overlord" ending, besides it fits quite well with my dream of that misterious random boss.

IC: Kel-Aziz ran outside, to his surprise there where more zombies...these where diffent however. He observed as the remaining adventurers and a few local soldiers made an heroic stand at the town entrance against a great number of those resistant zombies. A closer inspection revealed there where a few men in black robes a few miles away from the main battle.

Kel-Aziz: For Bal-Hazud I bet those robed men back there have something to do with keeping these zombies going.

Kel-Aziz made the run for them, his vision blurring he knew this would be the very last fight he would do before fainting.

[ Monday, September 08, 2003 11:39: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #133
OOC: One of the reasons this is the last wave is because the waves are getting boring. Anyways, I like the idea of this "Overlord" but we need a reason he's attacking. Mabey it's to just add to his undead army. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/rolleyes.gif)

IC: Post it later

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #134
OOC: No one cares that Scyger needs a Mire potion(Spiritual, energetic, healing, and curing herbs, mandrake, and toadstools. And 2 drops of Mire blood. And Scyger is a Mire.), and that Mire zombies can be changed back into Mires with healing and curing spells?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #135
Well, if he's called himself the Overlord, that could be a hint as to what he wants to be...

-E-

EDIT: Oh, and Zephyr, the answer is no. I've sent you a PM about this, but you obviously haven't read it or haven't got my point. Either way: please stop trying to stick in a race of Scygers. You can have your potion if you want, although there's no reason why ef's potion can't help you too, and as for the Mire zombies, I think we'll just kill them.

-E-

[ Monday, September 08, 2003 12:10: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #136
The town's kids helped, bringing more buckets and carrying mugs of water to houses and huts where people were too weak to come to the town hall. It worked better than she had anticipated. All she herself had to do was add an occasional healing spell for broken limbs or a bleeding wound. What had looked so hopeless at first returned to normal within a few hours. Some of the older kids were fully capable and willing to supervise the town hall, so ef went back to her hut to provide much needed magical potions and scrolls.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #137
What heartless people here!
*leaves rp until the next scenerio.*
I introduce a town, and then everyone's at my neck!

--------------------
This is MY link.
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #138
OOC: that's called 'hijacking the RP with stupid ideas', FB.

IC:
The ghouls and zombies wre no trouble for Maestro - they were the dregs of the undead forces, leftovers from the first two or so waves. He knew, though, that the this 'Overlord' Caliph served will try to overwhelm the town again with one last wave, with his elites. Dracoliches, vampires, death knights ... those were his elites, Maestro believed.

With great speed Maestro returned to the inn, to rest until the next and possibly last wave...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #139
Kel-Aziz finnaly arrived where the men in robes where standing, all of them had their hands above their heads and looked greatly concentrated in the battle over the town gate. The few adventurers and soldiers left where fighting shoulder to shoulder to keep the overwelming force of resistant zombies. Kel-Aziz had to stop these necromancers now before the zombies defeated the last line of defense. As Kel-Aziz drew his waveblades one of the necromancers stared at him.

Necro: Behold mortal! The destruction of your settlement is near.Behold the fall of men and their lesser alies, for these caves havughhh!!!...

Kel-Aziz was not in the mood for speeches, he knew his clock was ticking and anytime now he would faint and be killed. This time he was fighting both undead and the disease within him at the same time.

All the other necromancers stared in disbelief at the incredible speed of the mortal. Kel-Aziz quickly ran up to another Necromancer and made a nasty uppercut with its waveblade that got through the robed ones neck and went right up its brains. The blood flowed down his waveblade like a river of blood.

Necro: GET HIM!!!

The remaining necromancers launched and inmediate attack in response to Kel-Aziz fast strike. All of them cursed Kel-Aziz at the unison and the effect was inmediatly felt.

Kel-Aziz: My armour...my waveblades...they are so...heavy.

A Necromancer came over him with a dagger but Kel-Aziz managed to dodge him and made him fall with his own impulse. As the necromancer fell, Kel-Aziz stabed a slow strike on the necromancers back. As he did this another one came from behind...this one reached his target.

Kel-Aziz: AHHhhhh!!!

With a violent move he turned and slashed the backstabing necromancers head off, however the wound was made on his left arm and he could not hold on to his left waveblade anymore. Barely standing, Kel-Aziz got back into fighting position.

Kel-Aziz: four down...four to go..
Necomancer: How foolish...you are in no combat manner, look at you, you are no better than a zombie now!

The Necromancer lifted his hands and stared at Kel-Aziz while the other three continued maintaining the attacking zombies back at the gates.

Nacromancer: Look into my eyes, look into the face of death,TAKE THE GLANCE OF THE OVERLORD!!!

Kel-Aziz continued forward.

Necromancer:...BEHOLD THE HORROR OF THE OVERLORD!!!

Kel-Aziz was now even closer to the necromancer. He slowly started walking away from him.

Necromancer: ...Uh...BEHOLD THE FLAME OF CHAOS AND THE TERROR OF MORTALS...

Kel-Aziz smiled as he slowly walked towards him.

Necromancer: STOP!!...TAKE THE GLANCE!!...STARE INTO THE VOID!!!...this cant be....no mortal can resist the terror...(He sliped and fell on his back...still crawling away from Kel-Aziz)...no...NO!!
Kel-Aziz: You would be surprised how a gnomish helmet can protect you from mind attacks.

With a slow but efective strike Kel-Aziz pierced the Necromancers heart. The other three necromancers turned in horror.

With one last grand effort, Kel-Aziz made the run for them as the necromancers where already preparing for another spell, he made a double swing that took two of the foul men out and fell on one knee, suffering from the wound, the weight of his armour and the disease that was now killing him from the inside, he had lost his sight, only listening would save him now...closing his eyes...he remained still. Suddenly he heard the low chanting of the last necromancer, who was calling some of his zombies back to aid him...Kel-Aziz smiled for he knew where he was...holding his waveblade from the blade he puled his arm as back as he could and made the swing. Before he expired he heard the sound of blade through flesh.

He smiled as he fell.

[ Monday, September 08, 2003 18:54: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #140
OOC: I've just been ignoring Zephyr's bogus posts. Besides, he lost me at the part about the Mires. Zephyr, your getting fairly close to strike 2.

IC: Crushing bone and teeth and claws, Greenswell tore into the deadly dracolich. Relizing it was losing, the dragon began to flail it's tail and arms wildly. Letting out a final breath attack, the dragon misses as Greenswell chops the dracolich almost in half. Immediately all undead practically vanished. The sky grew dark, and the wind became silent. Noticing a strong, dark presence gathering in the center of town, he left the fort walking towards what would be the final fight. Almost all of the remaining gaurds began to follow Greenswell towards the center. The Final Battle was at hand.

OOC: Would all participating characters please report to the center of town for the final battle. Finish up any unfinished business and then go there. Notice, the enemies in the final battle will include all we have seen so far, plus more types of skeletons than you care to see. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/cool.gif)

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #141
Well, if all that Mire stuff is too confusing, I can make a new...err...Slith character. A warrior with a bit of magic skill. Similar to a paladin. He can cast spells that...well, one word that sums up his spells is telekenesis. And he has decent sword skills. What I mean by telekenesis is that he has spells that controls objects. He has a push spell, and can cast a spell which allows him to throw objects with his mind, a spell that allows him to shape elements into temporary armor or weapons, and one that allows him to lift living things with his mind, which is his most difficult spell. Will he be good for the next scenerio? Or should I go back to the drawing board?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #142
OOC: not now, it's too damn late.

IC:
Maestro, fully rested and in good health, left the inn for the town hall. The populace seemed to be getting better; the potion lady must've read his note and paid attention to what was needed. Greenswell and some of the guards were already there. Soon all will be gathered here for the final battle.

Or perhaps - just perhaps - it will be their last stand...

--------------------
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #143
OOC: Stay with the character you choose, Zephyr, and just help the town without introducing more mires. If you need special healing, you should have come to me. How is my character to know, if she is not told?

IC: She had worked with a speed that reminded her of her younger days. Her energy was spent. Neck and shoulder muscles hurt when she tried to move them. Fourty scrolls were lying on her table, twenty wands had been magically charged and enchanted. Of invulnerability potions she had seven, of regeneration five. Six energy elixiers. Of healing and haste - she had just started the brews and asked one of the older kids to fill the bottles, how many by now? She went to check. The kid had got himself helpers, clever, well over a hundred flasks were ready for use.

She started another brew, adding heat until she saw it simmering, relieved to know that the kids could be trusted to watch over it. Empty flasks would have to be collected or they might run out of bottles, she'd organize that. She'd need to recharge herself and then get the baskets ready and have everything brought to the town hall for distribution.

Kel-Aziz was carried into the hall when she reached the place. Now that looked bad, she thought, really bad. She beckoned to one of the children, asking for a few things she might need and set to work.

--------------------
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #144
Rasil awoke with the sounds of battle in his head; he came up with a start and stopped before tumbling over in a bed. He looked around to see that he was not at the outpost anymore... he was laying in the inn, at one of the rooms he "checked". Hmmm... I hope no one noticed what I- *HACK*COUGH*WHEEZE*HACK* Rasil almost blacked out by a coughing fit. He looked around a little more until he heard a familiar voice. "Your finally awake." He turned his head to see Kel-Aziz awake, very suprisingly, with ef beside him working on potions. "Hey, I thought-"

"Yes, we were on the battlefield until the disease took over." Kel-Aziz looked into Rasil's eyes as though a mentor would disapline a deciple. He started, "Namely, you fainted at the top of the outpost, and were brought in before me. I had to do some business," he glanced at the still bloodied waveblades, "before I could not stand anymore. I'm still rather surpised that you were out longer than me."

"Wait, who's fighting!?" Rasil spoke with intensity.

"Easy... they are just cleaning up the last of this wave of undead. The disease is being cured, too."

"WHAT!?" Rasil shouted. He was silenced by ef with a flick of the wrist. Kel-Aziz could only chuckle.

There was a small plate beside Rasil. It had a loaf of bread, a small wedge of cheese, and a chicken drum. Rasil took one of his daggers, cut the bread in half, cut off pieces of both cheese and meat, and slapped the whole thing together to make a sandwich. He then tossed it to Kel-Aziz.

"You said you wanted something to eat... like a sandwich." Rasil said before Kel-Aziz could
ask. Rasil was once again silenced by ef as she has heard enough from him. One scream is enough for this old one, she thought.

OOC: Remember that Rasil did NOT hear about the cure from the water well. So of course he was suprised. And yeah, this is after some time has passed, if anyone was wondering. Kel-Aziz might get what Rasil was doing when he tossed the sandwich. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Zombie Attack RP (6)_files/wink.gif)

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #145
The Clan is in an uproar. The Old One, Argaveld, had ruled for centuries beyond count. He is destroyed, as is his successor Telkan. Family by Family, the old alliances are discarded in favour of new ones. Within the Families, the power structures fracture as each individual seeks the best route to ascension. They watch their backs and each other with more wariness than ever before, but not a single one is surprised as the death toll becomes greater than anything seen in the past few centuries. The most finely executed treachery is not a shield against itself.

Foremost amongst the contenders is Arianne's Family, in her absence led by the vampire Coras. It surprises many, for Guven's takeover these months past had been considered successful, Arianne herself destroyed. The surprise is shortlived: she survived, and that is all there is to it. She had proven herself powerful, destroying both her closest rivals.

Power is everything.

The Families form their flocks, running with or against Arianne. With her are those who see her rule as their best chance for power, and those who cannot care less about the Overlord and his battle against the mortal town. Led against her by Telkan's successor are those who, for the power the Overlord offers, do his bidding - no matter that it demeans the Clan. And the lesser Families prefer to bide their time, waiting out the storm of succession fights that can easily destroy them.

Arianne is not completely unaware of the state of the Clan - she cannot be and still keep her place as contender - but her thoughts are far away from them. She had attempted to discover the reason behind the Overlord's interest in this town, and failed. It seems that not even those vampires who willingly place themselves at his command know his purpose. Arianne's lip curls. Fools. No better than these mindless beasts. She kicks a severed zombie limb out of her way. The failure rankles, as does all failures. Yet he is the main power behind her strongest rivals, and so she desires to learn that purpose.

Tattered cloak wrapped tightly around her, hiding the telltale features of a vampire, Arianne steps into the town hall.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #146
Rathlan, inside the town hall, has set up a minature forge and is busy filling a clip of his repeater crossbow with silver bolts. As he works, he talks at high speed, attempting to piece together the events of the day.

'As far as I can see we have several enemies to contend with. Maestro, are there any more of those friends of yours that might have allied themselves with this Overlord?'

'Yes, there's one who hasn't yet put in an appearence. Donak, he trained me and the others. I was the only one who refused to go with them when they went to help the Overlord, and I am the only one who is now not his slave. Whether I can defeat him, I don't know. But I don know that he will have several necromancers with him; practically all the Blademaster mages defected when he did, and we've only seen about half of them.'

'Very well. As for the dracoliches, well, who knows how many of them there are or where they come from. All we can guess is that if there was only one, it would have been saved for the last attack. So we're expecting at least one more dracoliche, maybe two.'

Rathlan is silent for a moment. Then:

'And what about the vampires? Arianne, are your supporters winning the war or not?'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Pages