Nethergate: Resurrection

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Nethergate: Resurrection
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #75
When you ask things like that you should state the type of computer you have and the operating system.

--------------------
WWJD?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #76
quote:
Originally written by Morgaine:

So, when do you think the beta testing will be set to begin, I would love to participate; any thoughts? :rolleyes:
Beta testing has started for the Roman side of the game.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #77
quote:
Originally written by Warmaster Kermanuiouss:

I just tried the demo but I couldn't even play it because things kept layering so I couldn't read item descriptions or anything. Anyone know whats wrong? :confused:
For one thing, you're playing the original Nethergate. It's not the same as N:R and it's rather old. It's quite likely that it won't work right on newer systems, but fairly soon you should have a shiny updated and upgraded version to try.

—Alorael, who has rather enjoyed the OS X slowing of Nethergate. It's no fun to play, but the lively intro music slowed and transposed into a funereal minor key is priceless.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #78
That is strange. I have games from Macintosh SE on my computer, and they work just fine.

--------------------
WWJD?
Apprentice
Member # 8376
Profile #79
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

quote:
Originally written by Aethereal:

does this also mean BoA is going to be a universal binary sometime soon too? :D
Um, if I'm not mistaken, Spidweb has released updates for most of its recent games (including BoA) to make them compatible with the latest versions of everything.

My mistake. I didn't have the latest version downloaded and didn't notice that the version number on the website didn't match the installer. :rolleyes:

I registered Blades of Exile way back when, but I never actually ordered a copy of BoA. I should get around to that some day... when I have time to kill again. Good work on the universal-ising, guys, too... doing a much better job than Adobe and Microsoft are, at any rate :D
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #80
Yayyy for screenshots!

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #81
Why is the crone fluorescent green?! This is worse than pink Garzahd. :rolleyes:

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 19:22: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #82
Too many Mistletoe Mint Mochas?

-S-

P.S. Why did Bruce get the stone blocks? New mysteries are already unfolding.

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 19:32: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Board Administrator
Member # 1
Profile Homepage #83
"Why is the crone fluorescent green?! This is worse than pink Garzahd."

That's not a crone. Crones are still gray.

- Jeff Vogel

--------------------
Official Board Admin
spidweb@spiderwebsoftware.com
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #84
Surely that isn't Cormac? Meh.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #85
I think I liked the old graphics better, at least as far as I can tell from the screenshots. The awkward color of the grass in Nethergate was part of the charm, I think. And vahnatai floor in Nethergate just seems out of place.

Meh, I'd probably get used to it after about half an hour of playing and never think of it again.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #86
What, you guys don't like your druids bright and cheery? I'll bet those Celts really knew how to get down and cut loose at their Burning Man festivals, not entirely unlike your freaky neo-pagans of today with their day-glo necklaces and happy E-Tea.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #87
That green druid is the Celtic one in Nethergate or did Ephesos get and extra job?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #88
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

I'll bet those Celts really knew how to get down and cut loose at their Burning Man festivals
Yeah, except their Burning Man festivals actually involved burning men.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #89
The Windows 2000 or later thing makes me sad. I still have Windows '98!!

Otherwise, I can't see anything too wrong with it. I'm just praying that the Hollow Hills still have that off-green grass.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #90
Hooray for the screenshots. Nethergate: Resurrection looks a lot like Nethergate (this is a good thing).

I'm not too happy about the all-caps plot screenshot, though. What font is that, copperplate gothic? It's pretty hard to read in large chunks. The other font, the one in the pop-up, is much nicer.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #91
Yeah, the all caps font is horrid. Not only is it hard to read, it's spaced so oddly that it just doesn't look professional.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #92
Yay, Jeff has really done it this time, with a dry spell, Jeff has knocked out two indies with no other fantasy indie competition in site. Go Jeff. Maybe he will knock out three games Geneforge 4, Avernum 5, and Nethergate Resurrection before the other independents make it to market. There have been delays in Eschalon Book 1 by basilisk games, AOD-- Age of Decadence, and one other game that is independent, Looking Glass or something like that. This really shows initiative. I congratulate him, and hope Nethergate Resurrection is really good.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #93
It looks great. And Intel Native is even better!

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #94
It's...it's in 800*600. :( That's going to be claustrophobic.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #95
quote:
Originally written by SNM:

It's...it's in 800*600. :( That's going to be claustrophobic.
It would have to be 800x600, since it's using the BoA engine. Besides, the original was only 640x480.

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #96
Ok, if nobody's going to say it,

WHAT ABOUT THE PUZZLE CUBE? WILL WE HAVE AN ANSWER AS TO WHAT IT DOES???!!
Or did is it just removed?

quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

Nethergate is for the most part, dead. Nethergate Resurrection sounds cool, but it will probably be a flop.
You realize that up until the Geneforge Series (not the first Geneforge game mind you) that Nethergate was the #1 selling Spidweb game, right?

[ Sunday, April 01, 2007 19:20: Message edited by: Lord Sylak ]

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #97
Unfortunately, that just isn't true, Lord Sylak. Jeff has said that Nethergate's sales were extremely disappointing.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #98
quote:
Originally written by Lord Sylak:

You realize that up until the Geneforge Series (not the first Geneforge game mind you) that Nethergate was the #1 selling Spidweb game, right?
Yeah, where on earth did you get that idea? It's completely wrong, and for obvious reasons. Nethergate was just awkward to use. It's the newest game of Jeff's that I haven't bought because the interface was just too painful and it lacked polish much more than his later efforts.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #99
Why did i recall reading thaa in several places then? I know it got quite a few rewards and that those of us who loved it mostly still play it and keep discovering random quirks

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.

Pages