Who do you want to see in Geneforge 5

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who do you want to see in Geneforge 5
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #0
Seriously, who do you want to see return in
Geneforge 5?? :P

--------------------
Rebellion is not the answer...
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #1
You didn't use that smiley right, by the way.

Anyway, I don't really see many returning...maybe Alwan or Greta.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #2
Wouldn't it be great if your character could return in G5 as a General or something..

--------------------
Rebellion is not the answer...
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #3
Wouldn't it be great if your character could start as a Drakon?

--------------------
"When I was a child, my people talked while others prepared for war. They used reason while others used tanks, and they were destroyed for their trouble! I won't stand by and watch it happen again, I won't!"
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #4
I disagree with all of the sugesstions put forth so far. The PC can't return so as to not dictate what course you took*, a Drakon PC would mess up the games choices, and Alwan and Greta have served their runs.

Khrhyk, Monarch**, the Drakons, Pirik, Miranda***, Litalia, and General Not Alwan. Those are the only ones I care enough to have return. Oh, Pol must reappear also.

*The PC's probably going to end up dead, following a Trakovite course.
**Yes, I think the PC should spare him so he could raise hairs in the next game, perhaps serve as a teacher to a new protige.
***Hers is my favorite character in the game, and she is very amusing.

--------------------
The other white meat.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #5
Yes, I agree with most of those, Khrhyk, maybe Monarch, The drakons (of course), not Pirik (she doesn't do enough), Miranda, Litalia, General Crowley, and of course Pol (why does he have to die in the shaper ending?).

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #6
Given that GF5 is the grand finale, I'd like to see the return of:

- The Awakened and their philosophy, even if it is only token.

- A group who have beliefs equivalent to the Barzites.

- The return of the Sholai.

I also think that a showdown with the Shaper Council is inevitable. We've all been expecting it since GF2. I don't care if the climax is 'cliche'. As long as it is a well done cliche, then I will be happy. After all, a showdown with the other half is long overdue.

--------------------
"When I was a child, my people talked while others prepared for war. They used reason while others used tanks, and they were destroyed for their trouble! I won't stand by and watch it happen again, I won't!"
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #7
Khyryk! My favorite character.

FYT. ("fixed y'all's typos")

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Given that GF5 is the grand finale,
Isn't there going to be G6?

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #9
Not likely, unless Jeff changes his mind.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #10
More likely is that Jeff decides to update the older games to a new engine like Avernum is a remake of Exile.
Apprentice
Member # 11797
Profile #11
I agree.Your probuly gonna either kill the whole council, like on the other continunt the shapers control,or protect them.One huge battle would be a great way the series could end.I'd like to see either Greta,Miranda,or Alwan return for one last go around. Also, Ghaldring,Akavrie blaze, or War master Kartiss shold do a little more in the game. I mean, seriesly, Kartiss did more than Ghaldring and Akavre combined. Oh yeah, POL ROCK!!!! :) :) :) :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #12
Rothidzons!!

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #13
Ghaldring. Litalia. And Dikiyoba suspects either Greta or Alwan will be dead by G5, so someone should mention how they died.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Apprentice
Member # 10435
Profile #14
Well the surviving one of them will most likely know, if that's the case anyway.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 7180
Profile Homepage #15
Alwan and Greta can't come back, because it's possible to kill one of them as part of the stroryline. Litalia can't comeback, because you can kill her in G3. I think That Khyryk should come back, and also Ghaldring. Plus the PC from G1(though he/she will have to insane as to not dictate what was done in G1)

--------------------
J.M.Schmidt
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #16
Originally by Grimm:

quote:
Litalia can't comeback, because you can kill her in G3.
What does that have to do with anything? She's alive and well in G4. (Admittedly, she can be killed in G4 too, but Dikiyoba is assuming a non-Shaper ending will be chosen for G5 and therefore that the PC probably didn't kill her.)

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #17
A showdown with the shaper council would be awesome, but lifecrafters would have the advantage because they could just hide behind a wall and send creations for a meat shield while throwing essence lances at the council. Huh just thought of something, could the other shaper that Greta and Alwan traveled with in G3? "There was the.....other shaper" Heh but what would be awesome but will not happen is that if the PC from all Geneforge games come with a Barzite-like sect that kills all leaders of all the sects, imagine:

Travokites: no real leader, you would just have to do a purge as you go.
Rebels: bye bye Arakari Blaze (and Galdring)
Shapers: Council
Barzites: Either they would follow them or would Co-exist
Awakened: Ellrahs head

I want Pol, Galdring, the PCs (one quest would be to liberate the G4 PC, because i think Jeff will want it to be a stalemate, thus travokite)The awakened, Barzites, Monarch, Kyryk, General Crowley. Who are the Sholi?, I have only played g4 and g2.
Had Jeff even started G5, with Avernum 5 coming out, hasn't that devoted his attention?

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Drayks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
My life for Auir!
Warrior
Member # 7195
Profile #18
My, my, these Drakons certainly have an interesting grammar if their names can be spelled in so many ways :)

But seriously I think and hope that at least some drayks, drakons Pol and Litalia will return. Also I hope for Greta, as she seems very kind and wise and also less extreme - I always found her as a Trakovite too scared to believe in her ideals ...

--------------------
USA is evil!
Europe is bust!
Wars are elsewhere!
Unity is a must!
Apprentice
Member # 5915
Profile #19
Khyryk, definitely, and I'd like to see him having a bigger role. Also several people in ghost form: Barzahl, Trajkov, and Salazzar. It would be cool to have a parade of drakon shades somewhere, as opposed to just human shades.

--------------------
Troop of Drayks
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by SlaughteringSevile:

Who are the Sholi?, I have only played g4 and g2.
Well, they're in G1 and G3. :P

They play a major factor in G1 (Trajkov and his lot of Barzite-esque madmen), and you can talk to a Sholai emissary in Dhonal Keep in G3 who tells you about Trajkov.

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #21
Ok, but what type of sec do they follow, a kill-all, like the barzites, or something like that?

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Drayks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
My life for Auir!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
In G1, they were allied with the Takers. In G3, they were basically irrelevant to the story.

Edit: Allying with the Takers basically means that they wanted to take shaping power for themselves, overthrow the Shapers, and give the serviles their freedom.

Dikiyoba.

[ Tuesday, December 04, 2007 16:53: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Lepus timidus:
- A group who have beliefs equivalent to the Barzites.

Finally, someone else who realizes that something is missing. I like your signature as well. Too bad Barzahl died before the Trakovites existed, though.
quote:
TehSlaughteringSevile:
Ok, but what type of sec do they follow, a kill-all, like the barzites, or something like that?
Since when did the Barzites want to kill all? What separated Barzahl from Trajkov is that, as an outsider, Trajkov had to 'take' Shaper secrets, thus he was a Taker. Barzahl was already a Shaper, and thus it was his birthright to utilize Shaping to its full potential.

Ghaldring has to return so he can finally be killed. I think the opening of Geneforge 5 should involve the Council being wiped out so that people we already know like Alwan end up being the real leaders of the Shapers instead of just pawns. Shaper Grimm seemed like a good candidate as well. Throw in Miranda and you got the triumvirate that Shapers tend to operate in right there.

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #24
Welcome back ET.

--------------------
Project Von Bora

Pages