Who do you want to see in Geneforge 5

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who do you want to see in Geneforge 5
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #25
ET (phone home?):

quote:

I like your signature as well.

Thanks! It's adapted from 'Bioshock', where the chap quoted was actually quite similar to Barzhal in some aspects. The original quote is:

quote:

I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his own brow?
No, says the man in Washington. It belongs to the poor.
No, says the man in the Vatican. It belongs to God.
No, says the man in Moscow. It belongs to everyone.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose…

Rapture.

Come to think of it, since you're a fan of Barzhal and his vision of the 'improved homo sapien' via genetic manipulation, you'd probably enjoy Bioshock. But you need a pretty powerful graphics card.

quote:

Too bad Barzahl died before the Trakovites existed, though.

Yeah, I know. But I couldn't think of anything else. The Takers wouldn't really fit well, because they encourage self-Shaping in the extreme.

--------------------
"I am Barzhal, and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the products of his own essence?

No, says the servile in Medab. It belongs to the oppressed.
No, says the Shaper in Terrestia. It belongs to the Shaper Council.
No, says the Trakovite in hiding. It belongs to no-one.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Ascension."
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #26
Poor Barzhal...

--------------------
Rebellion is not the answer...
Apprentice
Member # 12639
Profile #27
I'd like to see a modification of thge PC from G1, where he/she has used the geneforge, but gone into hiding and only comes out in G5.

--------------------
Why only have World War 3 when you can have SO MUCH MORE!! MUAHAHAHAHA!It's so easy when your EVIL!
Apprentice
Member # 12652
Profile #28
I think that you should be able to be a ranking officer on any side you chose to start on.you should also be able to earn ranks.It would be nice to be able to start off being a full shaper or a high powered person/creature in the rebellion.

--------------------
alessandro
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #29
Agreed
Apprentice
Member # 10435
Profile #30
Well I can't see why you shouldn't be able to end up a general in the end, could be pretty cool.
But, in G1-3 you started out a shaper apprentice (Hope that returns in G5) and in G4 you start out pretty much a normal guy that then gets enhanced by the geneforge, I doubt he's gonna change that.
And it would mean starting at a higher level, you should, and I'm sure you will, start at level 1, so no full shaper etc. for you.
And it's much more fun to earn that power, it would also mean that your character would start out pro-shaper or pro-rebel, not fun, I want to shape (Hehe) my character myself, not start with a, pretty much, pregenerated character.

And I don't want to actually meet one of the characters from previous games, would also cause some problems I believe. Previous in background story, yes sir. Actual character from previous games, no thank you.

And AT15, this is about what characters you want to return in G5, nothing else.

That said:
Miranda - She's always in a good mood, even when she's one fire or in a rogue filled swamp.

Alwan - He's cool? A great general in my mind and a true shaper that actually gets the job done.

General Crowley - I just think he's cool. No special reason.

Khyryk - I don't like trakovites, but he's cool in his own way.
Posts: 21 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00

Pages