A Few Advance Notes On Geneforge 4

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A Few Advance Notes On Geneforge 4
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #200
And what exactly would set Flahhks, Vones, and Flitches apart from the other creations?

[ Sunday, April 23, 2006 23:37: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 6433
Profile #201
quote:
origanaly posted by robsavage:
p.s. I think Nick Ringer has a great idea with introducing Creations that have the ability to Fly(maybe using just ranged attacks).
Hay robsavage I thought of flying with creations!!! Read the first post on page 8 and nick, stop takeing credit for it.

quote:
origanaly posted by nick ringer:
Or, maybe my ideas regarding flight were better ...

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 00:14: Message edited by: sharx ]

--------------------
im back in turn based RPG!!!
Apprentice
Member # 7023
Profile Homepage #202
I really don't care whos idea it was originally, but he did draw the little picture things :D hahaha...

quote:
There's already multiple ending according to your actions.
Anyways, should there be a bow type weapon? It could be like batons, except less damage but no ammo required
And as for that, I meant for each Character type. Such as a variety of endings for the Shaper, Guardian, and Agent...also if they have "rebels" that individual character should get its own set of endings.

--------------------
~Rob Savage~
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #203
My idea for G4? Add the Giant, Intelligent, Friendly, Talking spiders!! Yeah!!

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #204
That's Avernum, not Geneforge. Maybe the RSIFTO ( Regular Sized Intelligent Friendly Talking Ornks) though.

--------------------
Polaris
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #205
I know the spiders are in Avernum, I was saying that they should be added to Geneforge as well.

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #206
I know the spiders are in Avernum, I was saying that they should be added to Geneforge as well.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, accidentaly double-clicked. Or something.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 05:27: Message edited by: 1337 h4x0r ]

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #207
But, it would probably be bad for both series if crossovers happened. Geneforge is Geneforge and Avernum is Avernum.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 06:42: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 7023
Profile Homepage #208
Might even be good to throw a love story into the war scene of Geneforge 4. Since people think differently of you with every action you do then why can't you get people to love you? You can make 2 different characters to suit both Male and Female characters as a "mate" within the game to add another twist to the story line, and even have a few areas where you have to guide and protect her/him. You can choose what sex you would like to be from the begginning and this would open up a slightly different storyline involving the right connection between woman and man. Might even open up the Geneforge series to a whole new level of gameplay allowing for multiple options and ways to please, or even offend, those NPC's(Non Player Characters) within the world of Geneforge.

Just an idea... :D

--------------------
~Rob Savage~
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #209
No.

Edit: I think romance of any kind would be harmful to Geneforge. Unless it's intergrated into the main plot, it would probably hurt Geneforge.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 10:11: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 6433
Profile #210
Or mabey you could have started the war because of love... like you ran away with a big good and powerful guys wife, he rebels to get revenge (goes evil) and then the shaper counsel has you go and stop him meanwhile your girlfreind gets murderd by her x-husband's creations and you find out and kill him. lol

P.S. Im not sure i like this idea though.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 10:56: Message edited by: sharx ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #211
The transforming of Geneforge into a soap opera is a general no-no.

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Apprentice
Member # 6433
Profile #212
Lol thats what i thought but some may have liked it so i posted it. But i could always write a story I have the imagination for it just not the writing skills.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 11:07: Message edited by: sharx ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #213
quote:
Originally written by Mr.Bookworm:

But, it would probably be bad for both series if crossovers happened. Geneforge is Geneforge and Avernum is Avernum.
Too late - see Avernum 4 (also known as Averforge).

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #214
Originally by sharx:

quote:
Hay robsavage I thought of flying with creations!!! Read the first post on page 8 and nick, stop takeing credit for it.
Uh, sharx...searching for "flying creation" brings up nine topics. In fact, Nick Ringer mentioned flying creations in one of those threads nearly a month before you mentioned flying creations in this one.

In fact, requests for flying creations (if you'll forgive Dikiyoba for the bad pun) have been flying around the Geneforge Forum for a long time.
Warrior
Member # 7002
Profile #215
I havn't played much A4. But back on-topic. How do you think Jeff will implement the "play as a servile" thing? It would make no sense Shaper's-as-a-faction wise. Maybe the Shapers aren't a sect? Oh, also, three classes taking the place of Guardian, Shaper, and Agent. In G4 at the beggining, maybe you choose a job? Say, Alchemist/Sage (Shaper), Constable (Guardian), and Thief (Agent). From that point you are a normal human/servile. However, you have been expressing serious doubts about Shapers and the treatment of creations. During this time of war, Shaper's execute anyone expressing "rebellious" beliefs. But before the soldiers they dispatch to "take care of you" arrive, the Rebels approach you. They offer to give you a canister that will allow you to Shape, and teach you how to Shape. Fast Forward 2 Months. You have just finished the basic course. However, that's when the Shapers attack. From then on you are free to join either Ghaldring, Greta (who has become an important advisor) and the Rebels, What remains of the Shaper Council, Alwan (who is an important General), and the other Shapers, or the
Awakened Alliance, made up of Humans, Serviles, Shapers, and even a few Drayks. All they want is for the war to stop. They are led by Learned Minar, Shaper Rean, and the wise, old, Drakon Fhethrar Blaze. You can question your Rebel training, become a Rebel, or join the AA, and try to end the war.

EDIT: The Shapers, in their darkest hour, will let you join if your a Servile, because they need everyone they can get. They wouldn't be as nice to you, but you could join. And betray your own kind.

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 15:05: Message edited by: Mr.Bookworm ]

--------------------
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 7023
Profile Homepage #216
I had meant for the "romance" kinda thing to be part of the plot of the rebellion. Kinda like protecting your people, beliefs, and the ones you love. It could go hand in hand with the plot if written correctly, but it was just a suggestion to throw out there to attract a wider variety of people to the game by adding more things that you can wonder about explore into within the world of Geneforge.

If you can be a serville, and they often spoke of being "bonded" then it would make sense for servilles, rebels, and Shapers to all have something such as that in common with one another. Mostly I suggested this to attract all sorts of people to the game and to peak some interests of others.

But like I said...it's only a suggestion. :cool:

[ Monday, April 24, 2006 16:43: Message edited by: robsavage ]

--------------------
~Rob Savage~
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #217
Cool off, it doesn't matter who thought of this or that.

My creations are pure-orange and only occupy terrain of the same color. Also, they tell you "you're cute" periodically.

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #218
quote:
Originally written by Mr.Bookworm:

EDIT: The Shapers, in their darkest hour, will let you join if your a Servile, because they need everyone they can get. They wouldn't be as nice to you, but you could join. And betray your own kind.
This doesn't make any logical sense, though. Why would an intelligent servile fight for himself to be killed and imprisoned? The only way I see is that they might bribe you to agree to fight for them by promising not to kill you, but then the killing of your own kind would make being allying with loyal shapers even less appealing.

[ Tuesday, April 25, 2006 01:54: Message edited by: I Would Have Been Your Daddy ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #219
quote:
Originally written by I Would Have Been Your Daddy:

The only way I see is that they might bribe you to agree to fight for them by promising not to kill you, but then the killing of your own kind would make being a Loyalist even less appealing.
Wouldn't "Loyalist" be something of a misnomer under those circumstances?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #220
An excellent point.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #221
An Awakened Servile is just one in whom the deep instinct to serve the Shapers has been lulled into a restless sleep.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6875
Profile Homepage #222
You guys are totally off-topic, what about the Giant, Intelligent, Friendly, Talking spiders!! >.<''

--------------------
Your mom's face! XD
Shock Trooper
Member # 3513
Profile Homepage #223
*rips own face off*

argh, the ideas. THEY BURN!

--------------------
Nobody appreciates me. It's all "Igor! Fetch some wine!" "Igor! Clean up this experiment!" or "Igor! Bury this in the garden, we're leaving town in 10 minutes!"

—Alorael, who tried to become a deivore once. The priest gave him a funny look after the third wafer.
BANNED
Member # 6432
Profile #224
Hey what about the other intelligent insects!
GIFTR: Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Roaches. :)

--------------------
I hate you all

Pages