Future of Geneforge

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Future of Geneforge
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #0
If the Geneforge series is to continue then the ideas that each new verison has needs to be nice and fresh, sooo why don't we give spiderweb software some things to work with...post any/all ideas here

--I do understand that their is a legality proablem with us posting ideas on forums... so...--

solution: if spiderweb software is going to use the idea, then they may encounter legality problems, mostly i think with the credit of the idea...
i think it would be in everybodys best interests to:

COMPLETLY FORFIET ALL CREDIT TO THE IDEA WHEN YOU POST AN IDEA HERE... ok?

Does anyone agree to this or disagress or have a seperate solutions?

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 12:20: Message edited by: TAKE ALL ]

--------------------
previous display name was TAKE ALL
SHAPER I am ALWAYS with you i know all that u do i know all of your secrets including how to shape
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #1
how about a multiplayer version of the game

details: you can create you game (statistsic for your character)
possibly carry out expirements: EX(in the Darkstone mines they tried to create an upgrade of the golem...G3)
you still have the faction AND HOSTILITY to cities and/or faction when loading the character file...
--how to allow others to do quests when another player have destroyed the spawner/vat/creature, etc:
you respawn the spawner/vat,etc, and set it to neutral to the player that has already completed the quest...EX:(in GF2 the zone "Kss-Urg's valley" the spawners creates the creations'but once killed the area is safe to pass, yet if you(player1) come back it is the same. This wouldn't work in a MM version, so a MM verison of it would be that once you(player1) kill the spawners and creation , you(player2) can leave and come back but all of the respawns would be nuetral to you, since you have already killed it... if Player 2 comes in to kill the spawners then the creation would be set to hostile to player to yet be neutral to player 1--
EDIT: i revised it to make it more legible, please escuse my typos

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 12:19: Message edited by: TAKE ALL ]

--------------------
SHAPER I am ALWAYS with you i know all that u do i know all of your secrets including how to shape
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #2
This is Jeff's world, and while I'm sure he may appreciate the fact that there are people out there willing to give him ideas, this is his playground. If you want to help give ideas then do so, by all means, but I severely doubt that he will pay them any attention (there are legality issues amongst others).

If you have loads of ideas, by all means transfer them into a scenario for BoE/BoA, or give them to a scenario designer if you don't want to do them yourself. Or make your own game with your ideas...

But leave Jeff his own world, please.

EDIT: And if you are going to give ideas, at least make them legible.

- Archmagus Micael

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 12:08: Message edited by: Archmagus Micael ]

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #3
quote:
This is Jeff's world, and while I'm sure he may appreciate the fact that there are people out there willing to give him ideas, this is his playground. If you want to help give ideas then do so, by all means
thats what this topic is for... + if you r not Jeff then how can you speak for Jeff? but also
quote:
If you have loads of ideas, by all means transfer them into a scenario for BoE/BoA, or give them to a scenario designer if you don't want to do them yourself. Or make your own game with your ideas.
most people have ideas for games/patches,etc yet they dont have the programming abilites and/or an art team...
EDIT: i may be new but i know thier are alot of legality issues
quote:
but I severely doubt that he will pay them any attention (there are legality issues amongst others).

which is why i ask everyone to completly forfiet credit to the idea.

[ Monday, October 23, 2006 12:16: Message edited by: TAKE ALL ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
That's not necessary for a BoA scenario, let alone a BoE scenario.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #5
Jeff has taken suggestions from these boards. As he posted here, he put Khyryk into G4 by popular demand, and was pleased with the role he found for him. He also used a contributed graphic for the A4 Chitrach.

What I don't think you're going to see him do, though, is use anyone else's ideas for really major aspects of his games. If he wanted to do that, he wouldn't be in his line of work.

And I don't want to see my ideas in future games, either. I already have my ideas. I want new ones.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #6
Implementation and minor plot ideas are probably very much within realm of being used. However, premises for entire games are likely not going to be. The reason is that it's a lot of work to make your own world, but at least you have the creativity of it being your own ideas. To make someone else's is the same amount of work, without the creative side. This I agree with Jeff on.

Personally, for the next game, I would like to see something totally different. We know about the Avernites and their plight, we know about the Shapers and their rebel adversaries. However, it would be really nice to start with a whole new world with a different and more fresh background.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #7
We need a game about Vlish.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by *i:

...it would be really nice to start with a whole new world with a different and more fresh background.
What about Roman and Celts? :P

quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

We need a game about Vlish...
...Who (Note the avoiding of "Which") can be eaten.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Originally by MagmaDragoon:

quote:
quote:
Originally written by *i:

...it would be really nice to start with a whole new world with a different and more fresh background.
What about Roman and Celts? :P
That's not new enough. It should be a game with a world so new and shiny it doubles as a light bulb and a background so fresh that you'll never need an air freshener again.

Dikiyoba.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #10
"Geneforge, Episode 5: Attack of the Vlish." Oh, wait...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

That's not new enough. It should be a game with a world so new and shiny it doubles as a light bulb and a background so fresh that you'll never need an air freshener again.

Dikiyoba.

Quoted for... well, it seemed funny at the time :P

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #12
There could be a game like BoA or BoE, where people play custom scenarios in the world of the Shapers.

Or, there even could be a "prequel" type game, showing how the Shapers came to be in the first place.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Apprentice
Member # 7501
Profile #13
quote:
the mystic: Or, there even could be a "prequel" type game, showing how the Shapers came to be in the first place.
how about the events that made sucia island barred?.................

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #14
I think all that - Sucia Isle's barring and the origins of the Shapers - was already adequately covered in Geneforge 1.

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by TAKE ALL:

I was thinking along those lines too.

But remember that temple in the ghost town? The shade directs you to a room that contains a very old shaping platform, leading to the suggestion that the Shapers might have originated on the island!

[ Tuesday, October 24, 2006 12:40: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by The Mystic:

There could be a game like BoA or BoE, where people play custom scenarios in the world of the Shapers.
BoG? ;)

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally written by TAKE ALL:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was thinking along those lines too.

But remember that temple in the ghost town? The shade directs you to a room that contains a very old shaping platform, leading to the suggestion that the Shapers might have originated on the island!

Looking at the events of Sucia Island would be very interesting, and could give palyers an entire new world to visit. Those old Shapers had to be very powerful, and probably far more advanced, than the current Shapers. Reminds me of one of those old Armageddon films where we blew up the world and our descendants lived in the dark ages again.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #17
Ideas for Geneforge. . .Excellent! I have a billion!
Here are top three. . .

1. Broken swords can be fixed with an ordinary anvil, mechanics skill of 5, and bar of iron.
2. unlimited variety and number of creations.
3. More trainers (like Hawthorne in G3)

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #18
I think there should be a "yourself" faction where you build your own Geneforge out of parts obtained by defeating other factions. Then you would use it, thus taking over the world. It could even have multiple sub-endings, such as you forget a component and become a deformed, deranged mess of a person.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #19
GF5 - A Plague on Both Your Houses

You are a refugee in war torn Terrestia being recruited by both rebels and shapers to be used as cannon fodder in the war. Spend the game trying to survive and kill both sides while pretending to help them. (sounds a lot like GF3 except you start neutral)
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #20
I like a lot Emperor's idea. This may be good as Scenario for GF3.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:

BoG? ;)
It wouldn't nesessarily have to be called that. How about a cooler sounding title, maybe something like "The Geneforge Chronicles"?

quote:
Originally written by Archmagus Micael:

Looking at the events of Sucia Island would be very interesting, and could give palyers an entire new world to visit. Those old Shapers had to be very powerful, and probably far more advanced, than the current Shapers.
Yes, it would be interesting to see how the early Shapers lived, especially since they originally intended to use their powers as a weapon.

I, for one, am curious as to how the humanoid creations (serviles, thahds, battle alpas, etc.) first came about; maybe they did Shaping experiments on themselves and/or their enemies? I'd also like to know what in the world the vlish, artila, and glaahk started out as.

--------------------

His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #22
The Vlish were never created. Their origins are unknown.

We are described as being alien on many occasions.

--------------------

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #23
Vlish revisionism.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #24
It is not. Go to your room.

--------------------

Pages