death, or something like it.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: death, or something like it.
Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #0
If you had to die in the next day and where given a choice as to how you would die, which method would you choose?

To make relevent to spidweb: Best ways for chrecters to die . . . Or best death of any game related personality.

--------------------
click: Necromanser
Title: Necromancer
^ is for Roh Zee Kat
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #1
I think dying in my sleep is the best. No pain, and you don't realize the point where you actually die. Peaceful, too.

Best way for a character to die: Click Yes on the Delete PC when asked. Quick and painless—no screams, no blood to clean up. Bad effect: valuable items go with the character.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Warrior
Member # 2871
Profile #2
If I had to die, I would'nt care how I died as long as it was good for something. Like if I died protecting somebody, or my death made people aware of a crime, or I became a martyr in the cause of the Avernum series - just kidding.

Best character death - Limoncelli - just amazingly original and still believable.

--------------------
H-E-L-P. I think my alphabet soup is trying to tell me something.
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #3
I agree with Undine about the dying in sleep

Best Way for character to die: I don't like my characters dying at all but the funniest is either to be killed by a mob of sheep or accidently walking into a lava pit. :P

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #4
Being killed by mad monks is definitely the worst... :(

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2956
Profile #5
Prefered way of death, sleep, or sniper shot to the head, you dont know what happaned either way.

funiest way to die: falling into a couldren of soup, and get eaten by vegeterians.

Cherecter death: trip and fall cracking head open.

quote:
Originally posted by Undine:
Best way for a character to die: Click Yes on the Delete PC when asked. Quick and painless—no screams, no blood to clean up. Bad effect: valuable items go with the character.
but where is the fun of the death, the pain, the agony, it's all good, or should i say evil.

Also geneforge has one place where there is a warm pool, if you get into it you fall asleep and never wake up, very peasefu;, dont you think?

[ Monday, May 12, 2003 12:52: Message edited by: FireDrakeofIce and Necromancy ]

--------------------
click: Necromanser
Title: Necromancer
^ is for Roh Zee Kat
BoE Posse
Member # 2475
Profile Homepage #6
The best way for me to die would be saving someone as well, but I don't know for my PC. Probably the dumbest way would be drinking a poison potion if you thought it cured poison, and then dying from the effects.

--------------------
http://members.aol.com/risberg/blades/

Eternity approaches.
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #7
You know, everyone always chooses a sudden death. There's a lot to be said for seeing your own end; you can make peace with yourself and the world, see loved ones one last time, etc. Sure, the wasting away and endless suffering part isn't nice, but how much fun is it to be alive one minute and gone the next?
I think a semi-protracted death is the way for me, being crushed by something or horrendously injured, waiting for someone to show up to help you. Your body puts you in shock anyways so you can't really feel the horrendous pain, and perhaps you'll be able to have some happy thoughts before it's lights out.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #8
I would think the best way to die would be while sleeping or to be shot by a Sniper in the head. Anyway the best way a character was ever killed I saw in a video game was when a guy was turned into a babby after his head was riped off. That was in Mortal Combat 2.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #9
For me? Like most other people, to die defending someone or somethiing, or just pianlessly in my sleep. I would prefer the former if I die earlier in life, and the latter if I die when I am old.

For a character? Definitely something that takes a long time, and makes perfect sense (like no sheep). I hate instantanious deaths that nothing can be done about.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #10
Saving the world.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #11
Saving my boyfriend.

--------------------
Aces off.
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #12
For me? Probably in a tremendous explosion resulting in my instant vaporization. The best part would be that nobody would have to deal with my corpse. Plus, there's always something to be said for going with a bang.

In Avernum / Nethergate the best way to die is by being turned to stone. It just seems kind of funny to think of my character being totally stoned, literally.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Agent
Member # 798
Profile Homepage #13
Saving my girlfriend, whoever she is.

--------------------
Look Ma, I'm banned!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
If I have to go, I'd rather do it in a way that earns me recognitions. I don't care if it's death for a just cause or death to advance science or a death that wins me a Darwin Award, I'd just like some credit. That aside, I'd have to say anything spontaneous is good. I don't think I'd want to deal with either protracted pain or protracted introspection. It's hard to say which one would hurt more.

—Alorael, who has to say that there is something to be said for the mad monks and dying in the vat of acid with a pH of about 7. It takes true dedication to the principles of mind over matter to cause self-dissolution in water.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #15
What happens to Limoncelli? :/

Anyway, as far as character death, I'd prefer it be to heat rays or to petrification, as at least then I'm expecting it and usually saved beforehand. :P
Infiltrator
Member # 2628
Profile Homepage #16
For me, a peaceful death after a relatively short illness, with lots of painkillers and surrounded by my family. This is the way my grandparents passed away, and it gave the family a chance to say goodbye. Unlike my brother's death, which was sudden and unexpected.

For my party I'd prefer going out in a blaze of glory, doing something really stupid but lots of fun. Like attempting to take out a big monster while still low level.

--------------------
We meet and part now over all the world;
we, the lost company,
take hands together in the night, forget
the night in our brief happiness, silently.
-- Judith Wright

My website
Posts: 512 | Registered: Wednesday, February 12 2003 08:00
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally posted by Imban:
What happens to Limoncelli? :/
Limoncelli is ultra speedy, and full of energy. He loses the enchantment that allows him to be ultra speedy before he loses the energy that powers this, and he literally shakes himself to death.

Almost as good as Garzahd's E2 death, if you ask me :P

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #18
If I had to die it'd be bringing the creator of this thread with me.

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #19
I think the best way to die is via ceraint female demons. I can't remember what they're called(actually I can't remeber how to spell it)
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #20
Succubi.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #21
"What does this lever do?"

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #22
LF- I would not like to be engaging in intercourse and then have my personal pieces ripped off.

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #23
That doesn't sound too bad. Could be worse. There could be no intercourse, only ripping.

--------------------
KhothMk2: You don't get 72 virgin camels though
Warrior
Member # 341
Profile #24
I would quite like to be engaged in intercourse whilst LF has his personal peices ripped off.

I personally believe that all those close to natural death should be rounded up monthly and placed in an arena, at which point they are equipted with various medieval weapons and engage in the world's funniest free-for-all. This would then be aired on pay-per-view tv (if you're going to die, someone else might as well get some entertainment out of it), with the eventual winner getting 10% of the earnings in drugs, thus making the little time they have left very, very enjoyable.
Thats how I'd want to go.

--------------------
"This stolen joke proves I have a sense of humour!"
"This tired old proverb proves I am profound"
"This hyperlink to someone who doesn't know me proves I am popular!"

Nothing like a bandwagon.

Except maybe irony.

Pages