Behold II

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Behold II
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #0
Alas, I celebrate my 2000th post, just to rebel against all the people who think it's cool to rebel against celebrations of post counts divisible by ten. The rebels have become the oppressors, no one is free of guilt.

As is tradition, a new flag of the Tullegolites to use for the next millennium of posts.

IMAGE(http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/1650/tullegolites3hy6.gif)

The traditional "T" has been replaced by my trademark feather, surrounded by DNA and some triskelions to counter the trefoils of the Shapers.

I would also like to take this time to reflect upon all my accomplishments. Thus, I present to you my medal case.

IMAGE(http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1684/medalsyw3.gif)

The stars indicate the number of times the medal was awarded to me. By all means, use this thread to share your own accomplishments.

On my new title: I liked 'Champion' better, pity.

For the Concluding Resolution!

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 27 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=zfmJNxhbtbrf"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=zfmJNxhbtbrf"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #1
Oh, and I might as well take this opportunity to announce something else. I am officially a candidate for the Board of Supervisors in my local Township. Not the most prestigious position, I know, but an Emperor must start somewhere. I've been kind of busy with the paperwork lately, so that's why I haven't been keeping up with the RPs.

I don't expect to win against the incumbent (crusty old white guy #4), but I intend to put up a fight. At the very least, it should be entertaining, given my theatrical nature (I do wear my feathery hat to Township meetings). I'd love to tell you guys more about my campaign, but I think it best to not link myself to these boards in any way. Yes, a wise decision.

For the Concluding Resolution!

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I'd love to tell you guys more about my campaign, but I think it best to not link myself to these boards in any way. Yes, a wise decision.
That's why I keep my real name off these boards as much as I can. Someday someone might try to find out about my views and past behavior.

Congratulations on making 2000. Post more and you'll be considered a sage. *snicker*
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
At 1 you were weird. At 1000 you were even weirder, and now, at 2000, you have lost me. I must ask this now, or I shall forget: is your real name "Filbert"?

Congrats on the 2000. I hope you get that position of yours. What is it you do when in that position? Take part is meetings and promise all kinds of stuff?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #4
Next.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
You should have put in a couple Ts instead of the triskelions. Therefore, Dikiyoba will not congratulate you. :P

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #6
quote:
Douchey McBag:
Next.
I am the omega, there is no next.
quote:
Thralni:
What is it you do when in that position?
As a Township, the Board of Supervisors fills the roll normally held by that of a mayor. There are five of them and they rule over about 30,000 people. It's a part time job, so I would only really need to go to a few meeting a month to vote on things like a budget, special appointments, zoning requests, you know, boring municipal stuff. As a political science student, I'm already more qualified than most of the old businessmen already in the positions. Bastards.

Diki: Would you forgive me if I posted my List of People to Kill?

--------------------
You lose.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #7
I <3 that list.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #8
I must ask what the medal on the far right is for (the green one). Looking at the drawing on the medal all I see is a hand flipping me off.

Also, congrats for the 2000 and for going into politics.

--------------------
"The President finally had what he wanted. The President had a planet. All to himself." -A Planet For The President
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #9
Number of RPs, perhaps?

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #10
Congrats, though the poll left me rather quizzical.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Rowen:

I must ask what the medal on the far right is for (the green one). Looking at the drawing on the medal all I see is a hand flipping me off.
I think it's a pencil on paper. Could be mistaken, now that you mention its resemblance to the birdie.

Congrats on the landmark, Tully. Though I'm concerned about the people you might be "ruling".

And apparently, here's a little landmark of my own:
IMAGE(http://www.wreckless.ie/images/dc%20shoe.jpg)
(I couldn't find Arabic numerals, so I went with Roman.)

And here's another. Just for kicks. And to be more up-to-date.
IMAGE(http://www.vicfirth.com/news/DCI2001/dci2001front.jpg)

[ Wednesday, March 19, 2008 15:03: Message edited by: Nemesis. ]

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #12
The green medal is how many of my posts have been edited by moderators (the picture was my recreation the 'edit' button from memory). Both were given to me by Alorael, and my favorite was the time he used html code to cross out something I wrote before writing something else next to it.

I've actually been in four RPs now. But RPs are an accepted part of these boards, hardly worthy of giving myself a medal for.

THE LIST:
1: Stareye
2. Thuryl
3. Salmon
4. Alorael
5. Ephesos
6. Andraste
7. Nikki
8. Arancaytar
9. Kelandon
10. Randomizer
11. Archmage Alex
12. Synergy
I'm not all that sure how two or three of these people got on there in the positions they're in, but I trust my earlier judgement and will hold myself to this list.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #13
Archmage Alex is on there? Why?

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Nioca:
Archmage Alex is on there? Why?
quote:
Me about one post ago:
I'm not all that sure how two or three of these people got on there in the positions they're in, but I trust my earlier judgement and will hold myself to this list.
You, Nalyd and Excalibur are lucky I consider you my forum brothers since we all registered around the same time. Otherwise you might all be on the list due to your comments made in this thread. Yes, I lurk when I'm banned. I even post sometimes.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #15
Yes, all that's fine and good, but why is Archmage Alex on there?

:P

(And I said I liked you! How would that put me on the list?)

[ Wednesday, March 19, 2008 16:02: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Nibackhandedcommentoca:
I liked Tullegolar, honestly. Sure, he could be a moron, but he provided a bit of comedic relief.
I hold grudges forever. Just ask Stareye... that nazi.

Really only the first half of the list includes people that really, really need to die. The second half is more like people I'll kill if it's convenient for me.

[ Wednesday, March 19, 2008 16:08: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #17
'Gratz. Your opinions may be wrong, and you may be horribly offensive to the elitist bourgeoise of the forum, but we still love you for your invaluable additions to this commune.

I like the list, mostly because it doesn't have me on it. On the other hand, that flag looks so... meh. It's better than the predecessor, but the symbolism is so obscure. The triskellions "because", and the DNA for no apparent reason. I could make a better flag than that, but I already have, several times.

So, you've had two milleniums to work on it. How is world conquest going?

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Kinggolden:

and the DNA for no apparent reason.
...He's a Geneforge fan. Geneforge involves magically manipulating genes (hence, the DNA). Plus, he has stated several times that he'd like to head a faction named the Tullegolites, and they're based on the Barzites, who went nuts with DNA-altering canisters.

And he explained the Triskelions.

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #19
Only 3rd? Where's the <3?

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:
Originally written by Kinggolden:

and the DNA for no apparent reason.
...He's a Geneforge fan. Geneforge involves magically manipulating genes (hence, the DNA). Plus, he has stated several times that he'd like to head a faction named the Tullegolites, and they're based on the Barzites, who went nuts with DNA-altering canisters.

And he explained the Triskelions.

It's still a loose connection. Two canisters on either side would be more appropriate, don't you think? Besides, if memory serves, DNA was only recently discovered in the Geneforge-verse. Believe it or not, I've been posting in the Geneforge forums since I've joined. I remember debating the Tullegolites in the early days.

It's still a flimsy reason for the triskellions, and there's no real reasoning behind the anti-Shaper sentiment behind it either, so it's basically "because."

By the way, you could be a bit more artsy with the stars, ET. Like the ban medal stars being Tennessee's state flag stars.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #21
No, because the DNA holds symbolism. Besides, the feather is the main draw to the flag, not the DNA. Canisters aren't the only way to manipulate DNA either in Geneforge; don't forget the Geneforge itself, nor the augmentations that the Awakened subject you to for the most powerful spells.

Also, DNA was discovered over a century before GF1 even began. Sure, it wasn't common knowledge, but those 'tiny scrolls' have been shown in each of the Geneforge games.

Also, the Barzites were dead-set against the Shapers, simply because the latter didn't allow self-augmentation.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
What the HELL? EIGHTH place for me? You suck. :P

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

What the HELL? EIGHTH place for me? You suck. :P
Hey, I've been trying to pass Keladon on the list for ages. :)
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #24
I'm not on the list. Does that mean, that if you'd kill all people on the list, you'd take me as a POW?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!

Pages