Homeland : The Stone of Night is now officially a freeware game

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Homeland : The Stone of Night is now officially a freeware game
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #100
I don't know why you keep talking about WinZip. The objection is having to use a stupid program to extract it at all. ZIP compression and extraction is integrated into Windows XP.

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #101
(Forgive slight bump)

I can't find Clegg after an hour of looking, were is he?

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shock Trooper
Member # 303
Profile #102
The characters don't wander too far from their original locations. It is possible (obviously) to 'loose' a character. I would just say to keep running around until he's found. :confused:

How is it when this game was here, most people (including me) played it past a few minetes. Those who did play it didn't give it good reviews. Now nearly 8 years later, it seems to finally be catching on. Is it because it's free? ;)

Also I'd like to mention that I've gotten the game from Lurker and have beat it. (He told me about it being freeware after I mentioned something about it about a month or two ago.) I have to say that starting out it is tough, but after a while you get the hang of it and it becomes easy!

I do enjoy challenges and this game does provide them in heaping amounts. :cool:

--------------------
My name's Solberg. Welcome to my home...NOW GET OUT!!!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #103
Clegg is in the southeastern corner of the castle, in the guest quarters area with the ambassadors (Hroldis and Glurath). Like many people, he wanders around, but he should stay near the guest quarters. He's a child (with a purple shirt, if memory serves).
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #104
Hodamn i reappear and i've missed something cool. Maybe i should start regularing the forums again...

But I remember trying this game not too long after it was released, and having issues cause my nice, new, Gateway GC-333 w/a whopping 64MB of RAM, couldn't handle it very well. God I miss the old days of Spidweb, before the closing of the Slith vs Nephil thread and when we still had the Misc board... fun times for those who remember them

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Apprentice
Member # 14900
Profile #105
Spoiler !
I just came back from the sewer, (without the Stone of Night since I havent been able to find a way to go out otherwise giving it to the bad guy.) At first I been to the next town and made a bit of progress there, no worry at all, expect that I died whitout earlier save that the one I made right outside the sewers...

Worry now is that I can't trade anymore.
Each time I try it give me an "homeland.exe" error.
As I have read earlier about the game files getting corrupted randomly I tryed to remove then reinstall the game, no change, so what should I do now ?

[ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 10:19: Message edited by: seden ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #106
That's just weird. It's only supposed to happen in some demo versions. You did install the full version, right?
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 14900
Profile #107
Yes, the one downloaded using the link on the OP of this thread.

(homeland.rar)
Ive applied the last patch (1.03m to 1.03z) on both installation, seems I cant correct this.

I might try a complete uninstal then seek my registry and seek theres ?

[ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 09:27: Message edited by: seden ]
Apprentice
Member # 14900
Profile #108
I just tryed with a new game, its ok :(

Seems like I will need to start over, I dont know what has been wrong since I merely used the same savegame on both attempts (save > working > death, vs reload > "trade crash").
Apprentice
Member # 14900
Profile #109
Nevermind, painting and sunlight scroll used, thats fine, now its time to get out I guess :(

[ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 16:01: Message edited by: seden ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #110
Seden: we won't hold it against you if you use the Edit button. Just a reminder. ;)

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)

Pages