The Graveyard Thread

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The Graveyard Thread
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #0
For most RPG forums there is at least one thread such as this created at one time. EGOSOFT (The last forum I was on) had six. So I suppose its time this forum had one to.

Basically, this thread is dedicated to all the messy, painful and humiliating deaths player characters have suffered over the years. What you do is tell the name, place and way of death here. This is not formal in any way, not required or even designed to be a big thing. If mods feel if its spam, I've done my bit in creating it and they are within their rights to lock this. But I like it and it gets a laugh most every time.

I'll start.

"Tantalier"

G4 Glasscannon rebel lifecrafter.

Blasted every golem in the south fens, stormed through the spawns, crushed the Vlish then slipped and fell on a Box mine. Three levels and two hours gone. Ahhhh!

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
I'm not quite sure as to what you're trying to say but:

"Shamgar"

Impaling numerous cockroaches along his way, Shamgar and the party entered a filth processing room. A cloud of blades swirled in a pit. However, the overlord possessing the characters felt rather curious as to what happened when Shamgar entered the pit.

Shamgar died

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #2
Pariah

BoA, singleton Human edited to have Divinely Touched and every Disadvantage.

In the scenario Mad Ambition, about halfway through you are struck by the armored superNephil Zenbu and sent flying across the room "severely wounded" in a scripted event. This is accompanied by unblockable damage equivalent to something like 80% of your current HP.

Pariah has the Brittle Bones disadvantage, which doubles the damage you take from physical attacks. Unbeknownst to TM at the time, this includes unblockable damage. Unblockable damage in excess of your current HP also, unlike regular damage, kills you immediately rather than leaving you at 0 HP.

"Severely wounded" my foot.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #3
"Ivanhoe"

Bahssikava

Since Shamgar was heavily charmed, Ivanhoe had to take lead as being the only other fighter. His bow innate nephil bow skill took care of the drakes easily, but as the two spell casters aided him greatly, but Shamgar appeared out of nowhere and assassinated him.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #4
"The Adventuring Magi"

4-PC BoA Party consisting of all mages.

Tool-inclined character broke into Yolus's house in Witch Hunt. Then he attempted to open the trapped chest, knowing he wasn't competent enough. But it'd be all right, he told himself. Everyone's above 0 HP, and the trap doesn't deal unblockable damage, right?

Turns out, it does.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #5
"Level 28 Warrior" (Real name)

Revisiting several low-level scenarios, he decides to check out an outdoor goblin encounter. Upon slaughtering them all with nary a hitpoint lost, combat ends. The outdoor encounter is still there, and so it is fought again. And again. And again. Slowly, and after several hours of reading and pressing the autocombat button, the warrior is whittled down bit by bit, into bloody submission. Much death ensues.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #6
Preda, Melee-magic warrior.

Aldous, Melee-Priest warrior.

Thissa (My fav character in E3, so he had to stay), Pole-Weapon Bezerker Slith.

All level 30, carved their way through Echos: Renegade with little to no difficulty, entered the final fight, cast Invulnerability on each-other in one round, destroyed all the Immortal forms then recived an Acid Spray Mark II from his final combat form.

Acid Spray MK II ignores invulnerability.

--------------------
Death, chaos, destruction, my work here is just begining...
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
I decided to try a singleton-torment with A2.
The little goblen encounter slaughtered me. A lot. With 2-3 hits.

--------------------
Don't judge a sentence until you know all the words.

Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful criticism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking

My scenario: Muffins n' Hell
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #8
Rexxka: G4 Servile lv 44, just beat Alwan and Greta, last save 3 hours and 6 lvs ago, right as combat ended and script ended, a 2 point damage poison hit killed me, worse ****ing setback ever!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Seriously people, no one should be losing several hours and levels if they die because you can save any time you're not in combat and combats do not last several hours. Especially not in the Geneforge games, because they save automatically every time you leave a zone.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #10
"Shamgar, Ivanhoe, Dahlia, and Vanval" (I use the same names in every game)

Exhilarated by the amount of fun in Outpost Valley, the party decided to head over to River and Leaf. An encounter north of Hatherond occurred in which a band of soldiers were attacking herdsmen. Judging by looks, I didn't even bother to cast War Blessing. Turns out those darned archers shot Shamgar down in the first round, and Dahlia in the next. They were completely helpless, and I'm sure those herdsmen died afterwards.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6096
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Seriously people, no one should be losing several hours and levels if they die because you can save any time you're not in combat and combats do not last several hours. Especially not in the Geneforge games, because they save automatically every time you leave a zone.
In the Geneforge games, some areas do damage to the party so frequently that at least I spend practically all the time there in combat mode. In consequence, most of my stupid deaths happen on those areas. I don't remember any particular right now, though.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #12
No way do you gain 6 levels without leaving a zone, though.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #13
Yes, but I neglected to save, so its sort of my fault, but a 2-point poison damage is just insulting.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Warrior
Member # 5161
Profile #14
"Fangclaw"

Singleton Nephil

Low on health. In combat. Attempts to cast heal, but accidently clicks on curing. Fangclaw has died.

--------------------
Blah blah blah I can't hear you!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #15
Lt. Sullust, Acrio Sulfi, and Rosa

Killed by hallucinations at Shanker's Tower. It's one thing to be killed by something that exists; however, my characters pretended they died and they actually did...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #16
You were only pretending they were ever alive. Those who live by the sword ...

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #17
You are a happy playful cube, that has devoted your life to serving another. You share intimate conversations with your companion as you both survive through treacherous obstacles. At the end your difficult journey, your companion throws you into an incinerator...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #18
For convoluted ontological status, it's hard to beat the piece of delicious cake.

[ Wednesday, February 20, 2008 23:47: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #19
In my first playing of E1, I sent my 6 PCs (unimaginatively named A, B, C, D, E, and F) into Emperor Hawthorne's throne room before they were really prepared. Needless to say, it was ugly.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #20
Ouch, The day I went on a GF4 spree and went all the way from Quessa-Uss to almost the end of the game in one day, without saving, to get crushed so near the end still hurts. That taught me to quicksave.
Another one, also in G4, was when poor Ithelril the lifecrafter came unprepared against the Titan. I t took him several reloads to finally beat the Titan and his guards, and when he at last managed, wth only 4 or so HP left, his highest-dexterity creation went rogue on him and had that first shot that finished little Thelly off.

[ Monday, February 25, 2008 09:05: Message edited by: JadeWolf ]

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Travian The Roost
Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.

I like the French. They always go ^^. It's even infectious, if you catch the joke ^^ .
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #21
Hello! Geneforge automatically saves whenever you leave a zone!

I know Dikioyoba already said this, just thought I would repeat it, as Jadewolf and Xel-Raga were apparently not paying attention.

--------------------
Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #22
Originally by olop4444:

quote:
Low on health. In combat. Attempts to cast heal, but accidently clicks on curing. Fangclaw has died.
It's also fairly annoying when you have multiple party members and accidentally hit the wrong number and so heal someone who doesn't need healing instead of the one who does. Dikiyoba has done that many times. Whoops!

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #23
Or using a battle discipline with an archer and finding out you are too far out of range...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

You are a happy playful cube, that has devoted your life to serving another. You share intimate conversations with your companion as you both survive through treacherous obstacles. At the end your difficult journey, your companion throws you into an incinerator...
Portal. I love that game. Finally a FPS that is low on the shooting and high on the thinking. I like that.

I was playing Halo 1 the other day. There is this level where you get to use this warthog car for the first time. So, I raced through this cavern with high speeds, found a cavern full of enemies, decided to drive right on to where there supposed to be a bridge. It appeared there wasn't.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!

Pages