What video gmaes would you like to see made into movies... no Halo!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What video gmaes would you like to see made into movies... no Halo!
Apprentice
Member # 12639
Profile #0
What games would you like to be made into mvies, with, like I said, the execption of Halo, because I'm pretty sure they're already making one. One I, personally, would like to see is the first Homeworld. That game had an awesome storyline, but they'd need a gigntic special effects budget to make it work... but what Id really like is your guy's thoughts on games that you would like to see made into movies.

--------------------
Why only have World War 3 when you can have SO MUCH MORE!! MUAHAHAHAHA!It's so easy when your EVIL!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #1
Myst. Or actually a movie based on the novels, not the games - which would be an easier transition.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #2
I would think Mr. Pitchblack would be better served by a movie about spell check. Unless he really is asking about "gmaes" (pronounced "Guh-Mayz" I think)

As for me, a movie about pong would be sweet. Left paddle would make an *amazing* villian. Such depth of character!

edit: Extra snark added.

[ Monday, December 24, 2007 10:58: Message edited by: Zorro ]

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
Homeworld deserves an entire series.

--------------------
The one and only.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #4
The Harry Potter Games. Oh... darn.

I agree with Aran, Myst would be great. It would be easier with the books then the games though. Cyan would make such a killing.

The Chronicles of Narnia Games would also make a great movie. Hell, you could even make a book about it and insert all sorts of Christian mind control!

And I agree with you guys. Homeland: Stone of Night would be a killer movie. Warning: Viewing may cause seizures

Also, there already is a killer movie based off games. Need I remind you of the Spiderweb Movie?

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
The Two Universal Truthes:
"All I know is that I know nothing" -Socrates
"I think, therefore I am." -René Descartes
Apprentice
Member # 10063
Profile #5
The Journeyman project series deserves a trilogy of movies. Legacy of Time is awesome

--------------------
behold the semi-functional glory www.legionaryproductions.sitesled.com
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #6
It shouldn't happen, and it won't happen, but I would be filled with glee if someone made a Zork movie.

—Alorael, who could see movies being made based on various Star Wars games. The movies would probably even be better than the latest to come from the mind of George Lucas.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
Hmm, maybe Ratchet and Clank might work, but probably not.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are sort of done. Helpful critizism is welcome.
Everyone, just call me Iffy. Please.

Be grateful you have your unsellabe trowels -Goldenking
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Ninjanaranjato:

It shouldn't happen, and it won't happen, but I would be filled with glee if someone made a Zork movie.

—Alorael, who could see movies being made based on various Star Wars games. The movies would probably even be better than the latest to come from the mind of George Lucas.

Star Wars deserves a series as well. Seeing as the old characters are about 50 in the latest books.

--------------------
The one and only.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #9
I have not read the book, but the game Myst would make a terrible movie.

"Stupid puzzle, I've been pulling these levers for hours." Click. "Finally. Isn't this exciting?" Ding. "Where the hell am I?" The end.

Diablo would a perfect candidate for a movie. It was heavy on main plot but rather light on character development, which leaves plenty of room to make a good screenplay with new characters subplots. Myth would also be good for these same reasons.

Wolfenstein would be good, too, since you really never can have enough movies about bizarre Nazi experiments and the occult.

Otherwise, since Warcraft is slated to be made into a movie in the near future, there isn't really that much more I can ask for.

Obligatory sarcastic remark: SimAnt the Movie: Red Queen's Revenge!

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 6678
Profile Homepage #10
Personally, I'm excited for the Max Payne movie that's supposedly coming out. I hope they keep the self-parodies and over-the-top ultranoir dialogue. @_@ As well as shooting.

Assassin's Creed could be an awesome high budget movie as well.

--------------------
Formerly EatAChinchilla...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Goldenking:

And I agree with you guys. Homeland: Stone of Night would be a killer movie. Warning: Viewing may cause seizures
Homeworld, not Homeland. Though you're probably right about Homeland being a killer movie.

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
In Last Hope's Light RP - The end is near...
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Wolfenstein would be good, too, since you really never can have enough movies about bizarre Nazi experiments and the occult.[/i]
Oh, I absolutely love the game Return to castle Wolfenstein, and therefor I am very glad that a movie of that game has already been announced. I don't remember when exactly it should be finished, though.

In all honesty, most movies I've seen of games were terrible. Think of Doom. That movie was horrendous... By the way, did anybody see that movie "Hitman"? I've started playing the Hitman games, and I like them a lot. I wondered how the movie was. is it any good?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.
Co-designed with Nikki: El Presidente.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #13
Myth as a movie? Huh. It's a little light on characters on whom to focus the story, but it's a great story to work with. Then again, Homeworld runs into the same problem. Both have great plots, but they'd end up having to be background to some kind of personal story shoehorned in just to make the movie a movie with characters and all the usual movie trappings.

—Alorael, who thinks it's a good thing that the Myst books aren't puzzle-filled like the games. They actually could be quite good as movies, and the game series is popular enough for an audience to appear. Unfortunately, movies are made based on FPS, fighting games, and the odd action game.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #14
Oh for gods sake guys. Homeland is NOT a bad game!

It's not the best. But it most certainly does not deserve the reputation it has.

And another game I'd like to see made into a movie is Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark. That plot kicked cosmic @$$

--------------------
The one and only.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

In all honesty, most movies I've seen of games were terrible. Think of Doom. That movie was horrendous... By the way, did anybody see that movie "Hitman"? I've started playing the Hitman games, and I like them a lot. I wondered how the movie was. is it any good?
The Doom movie was indeed horrible. It may be the worst movie based on a game ever. There is Bloodrayne, but that was one of those movies that was so bad it was actually kind of good.

Anway, HItman, I think they may have actually done the game justice with the movie. There were some parts that bugged me, like the appearance of a black hitman, but other than that the movie was okay. It was the little things, like how he would wait around a corner and then nail the guy in the head with a silence 9mm, then another guy would walk up to the same spot and he would kill him the exact same way, just like in the game, or how they would throw in a camera angle where it was like third person view in the game. Yeah, it was actually pretty good, I recommend it.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 6684
Profile #16
Ironically... I'd like to see Avernum made into a movie :)

Better yet, a TV serial. I've rattled this idea around a bit. Season 1 is A1, season 2 is A2, season 3 is A3. Each season has four different main characters, but recurring roles, (Solberg, the king, etc) could have some B list talent making appearances in each. The movement through the game would take 26 episodes (typical TV season).

I typically hate the idea of cross media attempts. Most books and games don't make good movies, because what makes them great doesn't translate to the screen. Plus, for movies and TV to do well, you have to get over production budgets which are much higher, of course. However, Avernum has a brilliant original plot that plays just like a TV serial (much like the harry potter books read like a movie screenplay), and the environment and visuals would be interesting and a good director would enjoy it, without really breaking the bank on production.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Ninjanaranjato:

—Alorael, who thinks it's a good thing that the Myst books aren't puzzle-filled like the games. They actually could be quite good as movies, and the game series is popular enough for an audience to appear. Unfortunately, movies are made based on FPS, fighting games, and the odd action game.
Movies have been based on fantasy novels, and recently too. They haven't even always sucked - consider LotR.

(They have even been based on less famous books - take Howl's Moving Castle. Though I've never seen it and cannot say if it sucks or not.)

quote:
The Chronicles of Narnia Games would also make a great movie. Hell, you could even make a book about it
Hey! That was sarcasm!

quote:
I would think Mr. Pitchblack would be better served by a movie about spell check. Unless he really is asking about "gmaes" (pronounced "Guh-Mayz" I think)

[...] villian [...]
:)

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

And another game I'd like to see made into a movie is Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark.
The original Neverwinter Nights would be decent as well, but Shadows of Undrentide would be abominable.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #19
Nethergate! Oh..there already is..

IMAGE(http://www.diyplanner.com/files/braveheart2.jpg)

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

Movies have been based on fantasy novels, and recently too. They haven't even always sucked - consider LotR.

But movies based on books based on games? I don't think the ever-conservative Hollywood powers that be are ready for that.

—Alorael, who actually likes the idea of Avernum serials a lot. It would work far better than a movie, and it actually could work just fine. Each major quest becomes an episode or two, you get in the episodes that fill in world background, some funny ones (GIFTS)... It has potential.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

And another game I'd like to see made into a movie is Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark.
The original Neverwinter Nights would be decent as well, but Shadows of Undrentide would be abominable.

Mmmm. Neverwinter Nights is perfect for a movie. Action, violence (set to special of course) and it's even got a romantic subplot mixed in. Everything Hollywood could want.

(Undrentide sucked)

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #22
The Ur-Quan Masters!

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #23
Alcritas' BoE Arc

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #24
I think Chrono Trigger would actually make a pretty good movie. The game is as cinematic as they get, the story is told well, and the characters are plausible. It would probably need to be thoroughly condensed.

On second thought maybe what I really want is a live action Chrono Trigger on youtube.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00

Pages