What video gmaes would you like to see made into movies... no Halo!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What video gmaes would you like to see made into movies... no Halo!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #50
Hugo's House of Horrors

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #51
Freelancer and X2: The Threat

--------------------
"Fear that which mortality has rejected" -Galvin Magnus
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #52
quote:
Originally written by Thoughts in Chaos:

The Ur-Quan Masters!
Oh yes!

...wait, that didn't come out quite the right way. Let me try again: OH YES!!!

I'd also like to see a film-adaption of Metroid. I think someone already bought rights for such a thing, but then weaseled out. A pity...

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Apprentice
Member # 12702
Profile #53
Well, I don't know about movies, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Geneforge games made into a set of mini-serieses (sp?) or collection of (graphic?) novels myself... just my 2c

--------------------
I have had ENOUGH of these (deleted) drayks on this (deleted) plain!
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #54
Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. Geneforge could be a quite decent movie, I think. Or series of movies.

--------------------
"Standing on the rooftops, Everybody scream your heart out."
----
My poetry
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #55
Living tools and the like require computerization. Making a Geneforge flick would be a challenge, a fun one nonetheless.

--------------------
I dub thee...
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #56
Yeah, except the pc making all the decisions would be largely left out, what about using canisters, the class the main character is, and which side to support? And if we have predicted right, the main character would die at the end of G4. How would fans like that? Also the script for the movie/tv series would need to be approved by Jeff, and some extra things may finally need to be resolved (such as determining whether Monarch is the G1 pc).

--------------------
Hmm... Ornks, gazers and guacamole. What kind of food would you get?
=:T:=
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #57
Originally by the Ratt:

quote:
And if we have predicted right, the main character would die at the end of G4.
How so?

Edit: Yes, Dikiyoba made this post just to make the Ratt's post visible.

[ Saturday, January 05, 2008 14:28: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #58
It has come to a general concensus (maybe not) that the most likely setting for G5 will be the Trakovite ending, and unless the movie stray from the game, that would mean the main character for G4 would die at the end.

You even said so. Look...
quote:
I hope you mean "Who will win G4 to set the stage for G5?" and not "Who will win at the end of G5?", because if it's the latter, any faction could win if the player wants them to.

Dikiyoba actually thinks it will be the Trakovites. A Shaper ending ends the rebellion and a rebellion ending causes too much destruction, but the Trakovite ending is essentially a stalemate.
Taken from this.

Edit: typo, quote, hyperlink

[ Saturday, January 05, 2008 19:11: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 10021
Profile #59
I think they should make The Legend of the Dragoon intoa movie, that game was ****ing awesome but it would be really expensive with the dudes turning into dragoons and blowing the moon up and ****.

--------------------
When I close my eyes at night I see David Bowie.
Apprentice
Member # 12639
Profile #60
Yeah, but the PC is different for each geneforge game, and you never really know what happens too them, unless the ending tells you so, and anyway if you made Geneforge into a movie, it would have to be 5 movies (for all five games) and as I said the PC would be different each time... so who cares if he\she dies?

--------------------
Why only have World War 3 when you can have SO MUCH MORE!! MUAHAHAHAHA!It's so easy when your EVIL!
Apprentice
Member # 12639
Profile #61
Ratt Said:
quote:
Yeah, except the pc making all the decisions would be largely left out, what about using canisters, the class the main character is, and which side to support? And if we have predicted right, the main character would die at the end of G4. How would fans like that? Also the script for the movie/tv series would need to be approved by Jeff, and some extra things may finally need to be resolved (such as determining whether Monarch is the G1 pc).

1.(decisions) Just follow the story that the next game's beginning lays out.
2.(canisters) Everybody loves a crazy, erratic, powerful bastard. Give him lots of canisters.
3.(class) Shaper/Lifecrafter class (fits story best)
4.(side) See 1.
5.(G4 death) See my last post
6. Who the hell is monarch??

--------------------
Why only have World War 3 when you can have SO MUCH MORE!! MUAHAHAHAHA!It's so easy when your EVIL!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by The Ratt:

It has come to a general concensus (maybe not) that the most likely setting for G5 will be the Trakovite ending, and unless the movie stray from the game, that would mean the main character for G4 would die at the end.
It's possible to get a Trakovite ending and survive, you know. If you're pro-Rebel for the whole game up to the point where you take the Trakovite path at the end, the drakons just exile you to the Forsaken Lands instead of killing you.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #63
Originally by the Ratt:

quote:
...that would mean the main character for G4 would die at the end.
This is what I was questioning, because a Trakovite ending doesn't necessarily mean death. The PC gets put to work in the Forsaken Lands if they were pro-Rebel enough. Not the happiest ending, perhaps, but it could be passible, depending how the lifecrafter's character is portrayed and the moral dilemmas dealt with. [Edit: Beaten to it, but it's different enough to stay.]

Alternatively, the movie could focus on several important characters from the game--Greta, Pol, Alwan, Miranda, etc.--and the lifecrafter would be just one main character among many. In which case, the fate of the lifecrafter would be less important to the story. Maybe "important" isn't the right word, but their fate would be just one among many.

Either way, it wouldn't be a happy ending, but Dikiyoba doesn't think there is a happy ending in G4.

[ Saturday, January 05, 2008 20:20: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Apprentice
Member # 12639
Profile #64
Send him to the forsaken lands, and have him escape?

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #65
Ah, I did not know the results of going Trakovite after helping the rebels. I had a rebel game going on my old computer, but then I got my new one, and have not had time to start another.

Pitchblack said in his double post what I was thinking, but couldn't find the words for in #1 on his list.

Also I don't think it would be possible for a movies made out of G4 to be focused around other characters. They do not do enough to make it practical. What would be done about the caravan, Moseh, Monarch, the Five Infiltrators, Salassar, and the ending? With Moseh and Monarch, both sides are not willing to send anyone else to try unless you fail. Salassar I can see Greta could do that fight, but the caravan and the five infiltrators would still be relatively undecided.

Edit: Typo

[ Sunday, January 06, 2008 06:57: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 11284
Profile #66
Bioshock.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #67
quote:
Freelancer
Yeah, freelancer would rock!!!!!!
quote:
Bioshock.
A little too graphic, in my point, having people covered in polymer attack you, having to take pictures of brutality, prostitution, use of drugs, use of alcohol, etc,etc, that would set the rating high enough so it wouldn't make as much money, and less people would get to enjoy it, but other than that yeah it would make a good movie, plots great.

--------------------
Vie va la Dryaks
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Travokites
Mr. Moose likes to eat
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
Uranium Chiken
I put random stuff in my sig, take that all non-clutterists!
My name is Jester, I like spanking myself and bleeding confetti.
Uh, hi my name is Roy and I'm a magic addict. Hiii Rooooy.
"Why would some one in their right mind pee/poop on the geneforge?" -Safty
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #68
The question I now conjure: What kind of entrepreneur would create a film based on Geneforge?

--------------------
I dub thee...
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #69
quote:
Originally written by Omnikethesic Blade:

Yeah, freelancer would rock, although it would have to be animation most of the time, unless you fancy all of the cool weapons to be reduced to star wars lasers.
Because Star Wars lasers aren't animated, or at least added after filming. I'm not even really sure what you mean. Most space sci-fi is live-action with a healthy dose of CGI and other additions.

—Alorael, who must add that while your signature was bad before, it seems to have sunk to new lows. It's "viva," and of the four things you hail with good wishes only one is spelled correctly. Ahem. Pedantry ends here for this post.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #70
I defintely agree on a Starcraft film, it would be amazing to see, and I'm sure many peple would look at it and love it just ecause it's Starcraft.

I think Deus Ex would have made a great film, it was announced some time back in 2002 or 2003, but it was cancelled, pity.
The X games (X3: Reunion, X2: The Threat) are among my favorite games, and would probably be great as films too.
The Half Life movie look good, can't wait for when it comes out!
I would also like to see Baldur's Gate, Duke Nukem and Final Fantasy (may not work) films

And as a side note, Omnikethesic, Khyryk is a man, so 'la' isn't the best option...

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Travian The Roost
Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #71
Ok, now we are leaving the topic of my sig, and returning to game-movies.

quote:
Producing a Starcraft movie would be rather expensive, and Blizzard probably wouldn't make any profit from doing so.
I think your wrong, if they released a starcraft movie, they would get good money, but if it was released in Korea as well, they would get enough money to own Bill Gates.

quote:
I think Deus Ex would have made a great film, it was announced some time back in 2002 or 2003, but it was cancelled, pity.
Meh, it would be ok, I don't think that it had a very good plot.

--------------------
Viva la Drayks
Viva la Khyryk
Viva la Serviles
Viva la Travokites
Mr. Moose likes to eat
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
Uranium chicken
I put random stuff in my sig, take that all non-clutterists!
My name is Jester, I like spanking myself and bleeding confetti.
Uh, hi my name is Roy and I'm a magic addict. Hiii Rooooy.
"Why would some one in their right mind pee/poop on the Geneforge?" -Safty
People who don't like my sig can eat tuna for all I care!

Pages