Eat It!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Eat It!
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #0
What is your favorite fast food franchise?

I would have created this in poll form, but Wikipedia's list of franchises is enormous.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #1
Fast food is crap. I never eat it.

That said, purely from an emotional standpoint, the original Burger King in Illinois would have to be my favorite. Their lawyer only trademarked the name in-state, which is why the other BK is the multi-national.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #2
Food is so overated.

Everything you ever wanted to eat can be given to you in the form of a taco. For Thanksgiving, turkey meat dripping in cranberry sauce was my taco. For Christmas, a divine combination of traditional crab and shrimp in a taco. For the Fourth of July, an all American meal of juicy steak and grilled hamburger in a taco is wonderous. Other tacos include lasagna-spaghetti, fish-and-chips, Chinese food, and the traditional Mexican design.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am."
-Nioca
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #3
There's no part of that taco post I didn't like.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
I worked at Wendy's for two years during high school, so maybe I'm biased. The fries aren't that great, but the other side choices are pretty good. The burgers are great, because unlike certain other franchises, they're made to order, and the patties are taken straight from the grill instead of a warming drawer. Of course, now a lot of restaurants are moving towards grill presses, so the need for one dedicated person on grill is going away, and so is the quality...

There's a place on campus that makes the greatest donairs, but it's not a franchise. The New York Fries on campus makes the most divine poutine.

--------------------
Haley: Well that officially takes "Operation: Send the Meat Shield in First" off the table.
Belkar: Not to mention "Operation: Wait for Roy to Come Up With a Better Plan".
(OotS #153)
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #5
Taco Bell: now, then, forever, always.

--------------------
In today’s America, there are more World of Warcraft players than farmers.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #6
It really depends on what I want to eat. If I am in the mood for spicy chicken, or bacon Wendy's. Otherwise it's McDonald's. On a few occasions I also enjoy Arby's...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #7
Panda Express. Yum.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #8
Burger King. Fast food of my childhood. I can always pick out the scent of their fries, and our local one has the best play structure evah.

--------------------
"Of course, not all technology is good. Some is exactly the opposite (bad)." — Dave Barry
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #9
Wendy's has the other places beat in terms of menu selection, and their standard burger patties are way better than McDonald's. The super discount days at McDonald's are irresistible, however. Over the summer they had one of those days, and my friends and I collectively only had twenty dollars for lunch. We bought almost two dozen hamburgers.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #10
Chipotle is way better than any other restaurant on the planet.

--------------------
It's just trying to say hi!
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #11
Wendy's has the best burgers.

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #12
Agreed, Wendy's has reasonable prices, good reasonably fresh burgers, and you can get chili, an aight baked potato, or a salad as your side at no extra charge is a mega bonus. Single Bacon with chili, mmmmmm good on a cold winter lunch.

If price is no object, Culver's makes a damn good burger but they are a bit more expensive. I suppose you get what you pay for and Culver's certainly is a step or 3 above most fast food joints.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #13
Wendy's is good for their burgers, Jack in the Box for chibatta and real milkshakes, and Taco Bell for a reasonable price and content stomachs.

I rarely eat fast food. Usually the only occasions in which I do are on long trips...or when my mother is too tired to cook.

The advantage of living on the intersection of two highways is that you have a variety of restaurants to visit.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #14
I will not eat at McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's, or their ilk. Their food is too fast for me. Chipotle is actually quite good, but I can barely get through one of their burritos even if I'm hungry. Subway isn't bad and can reliably be found somewhere along stretches of interstate.

—Alorael, who will and has chosen to fast rather than eat at a standard fast food chain. He has standards.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #15
Chipotle uses much higher quality ingredients than any other fast food restaurant, which is why I am often willing to pay that premium for their behemoth of a burrito wrapped in glittering sparkles.

I just discovered something wonderful and new about Wendy's, too. I think the phrase "Jalapeño Cheddar Double Melt" says it all.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
I used to work at KFC, and I will always have an appreciation for their side-dishes, but I don't like their chicken.

Taco Bell and Subway are quite good.

Does Jamba Juice count as fast food? If so, that wins by far.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #17
I mostly like Chipottle, but will eat at Taco Bell to save money.

I like Arby's, but they keep removing the items that I like and they ruined a great fish sandwich by making it like McDonald's.

McDonald's is at least consistently bad compared to Burger King and Wendy's. Whataburger used to be better, but the last few times I didn't care for it.

Subway is okay, but except for having some control on the ingredients isn't usually worth the effort.

Greasy Tony's wasn't bad, but I don't know if it's still around and it was only in Tucson and somewhere in New Jersey.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #18
Do you even have Red Rooster over in America? If not, you're missing out.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #19
We have Red Robin, but that isn't fast food...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #20
Mmm..Wendy's..I love the BMM..

For the sake of it..I like the Lemon Chicken served in Mr. Choi..lemon-y..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #21
Subway, Taco Bell, and Wendy's, although I'm not terribly picky. By the time I'm hungry enough for fast food, I'm hungry enough for whatever restaurant I run across first.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #22
Alorael, I commend you. Fast food is a plague on the world, killing those that eat them. We need a vegetarian fast food chain. You can get a good grapefruit fast, it's cheap, it's delicious, and it's healthy.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am."
-Nioca
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #23
Quiznos, Firehouse Subs, Sonic and Checkers are where it's at.

I wouldn't really consider Chipotle to be a true fast food joint, but if we're counting it then Moe's and Chipotle win by a mile.

--------------------
"NOW PASS ME MY BOOTS. I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A FACE." -Nikki

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #24
Chipottle is faster than McDonald's and was once owned by them. So I consider them fast food or maybe upscale fast dining.

Forgot Long John Silvers for seafood. A little heavy of the frying but you can get fish without the batter.

Pages