Alorael for Admin

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Alorael for Admin
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #75
God, that reminds me of the disaster the Yankees did last year (or the year before?). Nice picture though!
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #76
quote:
Originally written by Imban:

quote:
Originally written by Spent Salmon:

Dad-gum-it!! Who in tarna, I say, who in tarnation told LF that his signature could be so long it obscures the page? Fix that hornery contraption afor I come over and do it myself!
You know, I have to agree with Salmon here. Could you try and have a shorter signature, Lone Flame? As a general rule of thumb, your signature should not regularly be longer than your posts.

Um, so does that mean my posts aren't long enough? I... could.... add.... more.... dots.... at..... the..... end...... of... every....... word..... to..... lengthen... it.... for... you.....................

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #77
quote:
Originally written by LF:

quote:
Originally written by Imban:

quote:
Originally written by Spent Salmon:

Dad-gum-it!! Who in tarna, I say, who in tarnation told LF that his signature could be so long it obscures the page? Fix that hornery contraption afor I come over and do it myself!
You know, I have to agree with Salmon here. Could you try and have a shorter signature, Lone Flame? As a general rule of thumb, your signature should not regularly be longer than your posts.

Um, so does that mean my posts aren't long enough? I... could.... add.... more.... dots.... at..... the..... end...... of... every....... word..... to..... lengthen... it.... for... you.....................

Maybe if you didn't feel the need to make every topic about you you wouldn't stay canned so long.

Just sayin'.
Warrior
Member # 5389
Profile #78
On the issue of Alorael for Admin:

I vote "Urquhart." My vote is neither "yes" or "No," simply "Urquhart."

--------------------
Reports of my demise are extremely accurate. And I AM the clone
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #79
quote:
Originally written by Jame2:

On the issue of Alorael for Admin:

I vote "Urquhart." My vote is neither "yes" or "No," simply "Urquhart."

You have clearly attempted to vote twice with this account. Remember, only one vote, per account, per login session.

Thank you.

Edit - Alorael for Admin!!!

[ Thursday, March 29, 2007 14:07: Message edited by: Spent Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Oh, and let's just make Tyran moderator of Nethergate already.
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

I'd vote for Tyranicus as well
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

Tyran for Nethergate: Resurrection Mod.

Excellent. My evil plan is coming to fruition. :P

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #81
Except the Nethergate forum is dead, and will most likely be gasping for death within a week of Nethergate:Resurrection's release.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #82
The dead don't gasp for death. Though I do find a startling number of appropriate moments to quote that Jesus dude when he said, "Let the dead bury the dead." In fact, it kind of applies here in a way I won't explain just now.

-S-

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #83
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

The dead don't gasp for death. Though I do find a startling number of appropriate moments to quote that Jesus dude when he said, "Let the dead bury the dead." In fact, it kind of applies here in a way I won't explain just now.

-S-

I would like to take this opportunity to call you "cryptic."

Thank you.

--------------------
quote:

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #84
I hate dead bodies. Undead bodies are even worse. Some living bodies can also be bastards, though. I'd rather see them as dead bodies.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #85
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say...
STEWIE FOR ADMIN!

Seriously though, Alorael has been around for quite a long time and probably knows the boards and its members backwards. He's always seemed to be reasonably mature to me, and he checks the forums regularly. (So do I for that matter, but people don't know me as well because I don't post as much.)
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #86
quote:
Originally written by Protocols of the Elders of Zion:

Maybe if you didn't feel the need to make every topic about you you wouldn't stay canned so long.

Just sayin'.

Bite me

--------------------
"I don't understand a word you just said. Try speaking American. It's the only language I understand."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #87
Easy there.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #88
There was this time in high school where some jerk said something to me and I couldn't think of a comeback and so then like 4 days later I thought of one and saw the kid in Bio class and said "Easy there" so he hit me.

The preceding post reminded me of that fake anecdote.

--------------------
quote:

Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #89
Well, this guy hasn't hit me. yet.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1152
Profile Homepage #90
Alorael, imo, would be a great admin, but keep in mind guys, Forums aren't always (read "almost never") a democracy. Despite my now random and infrequent visits to the forum, back when i used to be a regular, Alorael was one of the prominent figures on the board, probably the most prominent, as Moderator of the Miscellaneous forum. Most of you don't remember that, and weather thats good or bad isn't my call. However, Aloreal is one of the few members from then that i can still see around. The others being Drakey, Imban, *I, TM, and Tails. Tails was soon banned for something goatse-related (if i remember correctly), and Imban was constantly banned then unbanned in those days (if i remember correctly, although i may be confusing him with somebody). Then there was Johnnyfeds, but thats another thread altogether...

Now, for my view on the TM thing. I don't know waht he did to get banned this time, and i probably don't care. However, before my time on the Iknoboards, he was an Administrator. Now, the following story may be wrong, but its how i remember being told. TM was both Admin, and solely responsible for the Nethergate board. One day, (form what i've gathered) a very raunchy banner image appeared one day,and TM was removed and banned. I've been told be some people he had no involvement with it, and others it was him.
When the UBB Switch was made, and he got his prolific Member #4, he was reinstated as a Nethergate Moderator. When i joined, (i believe around the creation of Polaris on ezBoards)he wasn't currently a moderator. But the point is, that TM has had powers in the past, and i have no way of knowing if he was responsible with those powers or not, being that when i last say him as an admin i was about 12 and had just gotten on the internet as your typical n00b (still cant spell though :P ) And, if he's been banned, theres a good reason, and if Jeff says he's gone then he's gone. As much as i admire TM, he's had more than enough chances: most members don't even get as many as he did.

--------------------
-Sylak
Proud Member of the Church of Devine Luchere
Way too many lifeforms are carbon-based. Put this in your signature/AIM Profile if you're not.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #91
Imban was banned and unbanned repeatedly? I think you're thinking of TM, and you're thinking of him much later.

I think your TM story details are also a mix of fact, slightly altered fact, and fiction. TM was never, as far as I know, an admin. He also wasn't banned from the Ikonboard. He was a mod for many sections, at at least by the time he was on the UBB he was often called the megamod. Then a banner with a personal attack appeared on the top of Miscellaneous. Scorp and TM were both de-modded for the incident although it seems like TM wasn't really responsible. TM never became a mod again, but he stuck around for several years with a few bannings and reappearances until he happened to catch Jeff's eye in a bad way. The rest is history, and it is history with very little TM in it.

—Alorael, who brings you this history hour on behalf of the murky days before the PPP recorded everything for posterity.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 187
Profile #92
What exactly did he do that Jeff decided he should be permabanned? Or s that not something that should be discussed in the forum? (In which case, I do have PM's on. I think. It's been so damn long. :P )

--------------------
He may look like an idiot, and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #93
The last straw, apparently, was that he posted obscene language. He had been temp-banned a couple of times before for substantially the same thing, so Jeff decided that he'd had enough.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 187
Profile #94
Guess the message just wasn't getting through. Bet that did it. :P

--------------------
He may look like an idiot, and talk like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #95
Oh, I'm willing to bet that TM hasn't stopped swearing. This is merely a change in venue.

--------------------
quote:

Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #96
Alorael for Admin!
Also, what is the difference between Admin and Alorael's current statis?

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #97
The ability to make someone's title say "Love Butterflies"

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #98
Admins have absolute despotic power. Mods can just lock or move threads and delete or edit anyone's posts in the forums they moderate.

—Alorael, who is mostly interested in getting access to the Even Krazier Kwilting Korner. They've got patterns not meant for mortal eyes there!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #99
quote:
Originally written by Adjutant 5M:

—Alorael, who is mostly interested in getting access to the Even Krazier Kwilting Korner.
I hear a lot about this KKK. Is there some way us non-Moderators can participate?

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Pages