What attracted you here?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: What attracted you here?
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #0
What made you come here? Was it a game, a friend, the people or something else?

I came here around the time of Geneforge 2. I'd played Geneforge 2 and had really liked it. I came here to talk about Geneforge 3 with other people.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
Nalyd clicked on the forums button while looking for new games and liked what he saw.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Warrior
Member # 1688
Profile #2
I came here looking for some answers for E3 and posted in one of the "What did you put in your crystal?" threads that popped up frequently at the time.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #3
Well I started coming here to get game answers...then the people drew me back time after time. I like it here now.

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #4
The new link on the Spiderweb homepage said Forums, and I just couldn't resist. I lurked for much longer than I would have wanted, but I just did not have anything enlightening to say. Of course, that usually does not stop most people from posting.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #5
I came back to Spiderweb to download Geneforge 2, only to find that Geneforge 3 was in the works. I made a brief appearance each time a new game came out (only really three times, but still...), and was unwilling to leave after G4, finding that my personality was quite congruent with the discussion in the General Forum.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #6
I found a demo of Geneforge I and Geneforge II, decided to check out Spiderweb, found the forums, liked it, stayed, left, and now I'm back.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #7
I came here after Avernum 4 was out. It gave me a place to post advice since I had played the Exile and Avernum games.

Now I'm stuck.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #8
The scent of Alorael's musk.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #9
I curiously Googled Geneforge 3 (before the release). The first result was the topic about improvements for the game. I joined with my friend, posted many lists of ideas, and just stayed. Later my friend was bored with this place, so he left. I was kind of relieved because he kept [alliteration] posting pointless polls...[/alliteration]

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Didn't we recently do this? No, maybe it was longer ago than I thought.

Anyway, Dikiyoba happened across a discussion of unsellable trowels and thought, "Hey, these people are nuts!" Dikiyoba did not hesitate to participate in the madness.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #11
I first happened across the forums when looking for information that would allow me to best choose what BoA scenarios to play. Though I did not register an account, I did find some very useful information, and recognized the game forums as a potential resource.

I came back about a year later when my brother and I decided that we wanted to try our collective hand at scenario writing.

Our first post was in Thralni's topic on Nephilian, recommending that alongside of grammar, he should consider the cultural and historical context of a language.
Not knowing what I'd done, we delved a little deeper into the community.
The rest is all but history.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin wanted us to join the forums just so that he could find out how Exile 2 ended.
We bought the Avernum trilogy instead.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
IIRC, the story that I usually tell is that I joined in anticipation of the release of BoA, wanting to get my foot in the door as one of the first designers from the very beginning.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 4537
Profile Homepage #13
I might be the only one who was drawn in here because of friends. I knew Imban, TM, Thuryl, Alec, Scorpius and the rest before I seriously noticed this place, and they directed and invited me here enough times that I started to take an interest in some topics. Then I was absent for almost two years and now I'm back again because I like art and caption threads.

[ Saturday, February 10, 2007 22:43: Message edited by: Whyte Shadow ]

--------------------
http://whyte-shadow-neko.deviantart.com - My drawings!
Waka Laka love and fantasy~
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #14
I was looking for help while playing through Nethergate for the umpteenth time, and stumbled across these boards. I'm pretty sure it was the insanity and inanity that kept me here. :P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
I sent in a postcard and ended up here.

That's the last time I'll subscribe to anything.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

IIRC, the story that I usually tell is that I joined in anticipation of the release of BoA, wanting to get my foot in the door as one of the first designers from the very beginning.
Some of us who know the real reason are still around, you know.

:eyebrows:

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #17
Veni vidi vici?

—Alorael, who came, stuck around for a while, and left. Then months later he came again and stuck around for significantly longer. He has no real justification for any of these events besides whim.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #18
I came here because of problems I had while designing WtRM. Jeff forwarded me here.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #19
I always came here just to get the Geneforge character editors. One day I opened a Geneforge debate thread, discovered everyone's opinion was wrong, and have been correcting them ever since. I was never really a spammer like most new people are, but I was, according to the establishment, a flamer.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
In May 2003, Avernum 3 wouldn't run on my Windows NT computer without showering me in error messages. So I went to Tech Support and started that topic.

Fortunately, since then I've switched to XP (and am currently in the process of switching to OpenSolaris), and haven't had the problem since.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #21
Drakey told me to come to the shiny new official Spiderweb board, so I did.

I was drawn into the community, on the other hand, by Blades of Exile and the Arena.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #22
I lost my keys here after one of Aran's more notorious "parties". I still can't find them, and until I do, there's no hope of me ever being able to go home :(

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I always came here just to get the Geneforge character editors. One day I opened a Geneforge debate thread, discovered everyone's opinion was wrong, and have been correcting them ever since. I was never really a spammer like most new people are, but I was, according to the establishment, a flamer.
Since when are opinions wrong? Besides, if anyones opinions were wrong in that thread, it was yours. I should know, as I was one of your opponents.

--------------------
Constitutional monarchies are the in monarchies.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #24
Anyone who claims opinions can't be wrong is someone whose opinions have been wrong on more than one consecutive occasion.

—Alorael, whose opinions are always right by definition. Yes, he is the magnetic poles that guide all moral compasses.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00

Pages