Things to improve Dikiyoba's ausome story!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Things to improve Dikiyoba's ausome story!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #0
I think Dikiyoba should have illustrations for every scene, if possible, on episode 1-3.
Can anyone else think of anything? :confused:

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #1
She could um, let's see, not include you?

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #2
We could learn to spell awesome correctly.

An illustration for every scene would be a lot of work, since there are probably over 100 scenes already. And who would draw it? Not me. I have no scanner and my computer art sucks.

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 16:59: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin:

I think Dikiyoba should have illustrations for every scene
Good God, no! There's a limit on how much can be put in a single FreeWebs account. Besides, I'd rather see her finish the story rather than make illustrations.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #4
Phlebas the Phoenician, a fortnight dead,
Forgot the cry of gulls, and the deep sea swell
And the profit and loss.

A current under sea

Picked his bones in whispers. As he rose and fell
He passed the stages of his age and youth
Entering the whirlpool.

Gentile or Jew

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward,
Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #5
Okay,first of all, I wasn't in it in the first place And second, what is your problem?
Edit- replying to what Andraste said

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 17:01: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #6
I would believe someone here would say their problem was you (but I have a conscience. Sometimes I consider getting it removed). But what is bothering me here is 'ausome', and that this should be in the Episode 3 discussion thread instead of in its own topic.

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
Not my fault I am a beginer, and I meant a sample per scene per act!

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #8
Episode 3 thread, in case you couldn't find it.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #9
You know, its threads like this that make me feel slightly less like an imbecilian newbie, secure in the knowledge that an absolute faux pas would result in absolute retrobution rather than quiet amusement.

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #10
Same with me. It's always good to know that there is somebody that is more of a newbie than me.

Well she could add me. But I highly doubt she will. I would kind of useless to the plot so......
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
Dikiyoba said that, at some point, more newbies will be arriving in the story. It's also been confirmed that Nalyd is one of them.

--------------------

Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #12
I wonder, will Dikiyoba include me?
If he does, he needs to know that I would appear as a flaming human.
Edit- who sort of looks like a cross between a muffin and human, sorry for mistake

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 17:33: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #13
I would assume that, if Nayld is considered a newbie, that anyone with posts still in the double digits is not even considered as an entity. So, don't get your hopes up. On the bright side, you could perhaps get in as a villian if you became the next Arrrrgh (spelling?), and flooded the forums with more spam than all of the rest of us sub-newbies combined.
Edit: Proved my Newbieness by actually managing to spell Nalyd's name wrong. Next, when I use the term "Aloreal", I will be smashed. Please forgive me. (No I didn't change arghhhhhh, simply because the embaressment of my accidental quote/edit incident has driven me off in shame.)

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 17:53: Message edited by: Cirion Actaeon ]

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #14
If I APPEARED as a villin, then I would be posed and end up good. Also, this is my first day and already I have more then 30.
With enthusiasm
Edit- typo posed is posesed
Edit- posesed as a villin, normal as good

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 17:44: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7887
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Cirion Actaeon:

I would assume that, if Nayld is considered a newbie, that anyone with posts still in the double digits is not even considered as an entity. So, don't get your hopes up. On the bright side, you could perhaps get in as a villian if you became the next Arrrrgh (spelling?), and flooded the forums with more spam than all of the rest of us sub-newbies combined.
I believe the proper spelling is "arghhhhhhhhh", uncapitalized.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #16
quote:

Also, this is my first day and already I have more then 30.
This is not generally considered a good thing.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #17
Oh my. Now, on my hundreth post, I have truly proved my newbie tendencies. I tried to edit, and ended up quoting... Wow. Anyway, I will now take this opportunity to change what amounts to a double post into a warning. 30 posts in your first day is not necessarily good. Even the greats (who I choose not to name, for fear of including someone odd, or forgetting someone), rarely post more than 10 times a day. This is because most people don't have 10 concise, important statements in that time. Sure, everyone spams a bit here and there, but 30 is just getting a little suspicious. I, personally, hide all my spamming by putting it all in one very long post.

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 17:51: Message edited by: Cirion Actaeon ]

--------------------
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #18
Yes, but I am getting better at this lol

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #19
quote:

Edit: Proved my Newbieness by actually managing to spell Nalyd's name wrong. Next, when I use the term "Aloreal", I will be smashed. Please forgive me.
Important: Look at the top of your post. Next to the quotation marks, there is a button marked 'edit'. Everyone should use it if the post needs to be, well, edited.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #20
quote:

If I APPEARED as a villin, then I would be posed and end up good. Also, this is my first day and already I have more then 30.
With enthusiasm
Edit- typo posed is posesed
Edit- posesed as a villin, normal as good
Usually when people edit their posts they get rid of typos. You actually managed to accumulate more with each one.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #21
quote:
Dikiyoba said that, at some point, more newbies will be arriving in the story. It's also been confirmed that Nalyd is one of them.
I still find it highly unlikely that I will make an appearance in the story. I just wouldn't have anything special to add.

I remember that I did make an appearance in Episode Number 1. It was a rather embarassing appearance, but then I was a rather embarrassing person back then. My line was "Argh! I am a Minotaur!" or something like that. It was rather embarassing, but oh well.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #22
quote:

I would assume that, if Nayld is considered a newbie, that anyone with posts still in the double digits is not even considered as an entity. So, don't get your hopes up.
If there's one thing I've learned here, it's that post count does not really affect your newbie-hood. I'm in the quadruple digits, and am still considered a newbie.

Also, slow it down a bit, Infernal Flaming Muffin. When I hit 573 or so posts in November, I was still only posting at a rate of about 17 PPD. Keep posting at your current rate (about 32 PPD), and you'll burn yourself out. Especially since you no longer have your sanity.

EDIT: YOU WERE I_AM_A_MINOTAUR?!?!?

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 17:58: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Zephyr Tempest:

quote:

Edit: Proved my Newbieness by actually managing to spell Nalyd's name wrong. Next, when I use the term "Aloreal", I will be smashed. Please forgive me.
Important: Look at the top of your post. Next to the quotation marks, there is a button marked 'edit'. Everyone should use it if the post needs to be, well, edited.

Thanks very much. I was aware of the button, and had used it before, but somehow managed to click the quote button instead. Now that I have mentioned it in three seperate places, and everyone can see my stupidity, I am going to go die somewhere.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #24
Illustrations are hard to do, mainly because finding distinct and recognizable avatars for everyone is difficult. It's hard enough to come up with four or six, let alone sixty.

Originally by Nioca:

quote:
Also, slow it down a bit, Infernal Flaming Muffin. When I hit 573 or so posts in November, I was still only posting at a rate of about 17 PPD. Keep posting at your current rate (about 32 PPD), and you'll burn yourself out. Especially since you no longer have your sanity.
And we were all highly suspicious of you, too. I wouldn't be so worried about burnout, Infernal Flamming Muffin. At 30 posts a day, I'd be worried about getting canned and then banned.

quote:
EDIT:YOU WERE I_AM_A_MINOTAUR?!?!?
Hee. Dikiyoba figured that out a long time ago. And Dikiyoba will now confirm that he will make an appearance in Episode 3, though not as a Minotaur.

Edit: Typo.

[ Sunday, February 04, 2007 18:18: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

Pages