Infractions!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Infractions!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
Most members have probably made at least one or two infractions in their time on the SW boards. So, what infractions have you made (or at least think you have)?

(Remember, this is an anonymous poll. It's not recorded who made what infractions, so be honest! Also, this was taken straight from the CoC.)

EDIT: Alorael...
EDIT 2: The exclamation point too?!?

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 15:25: Message edited by: Nioca ]

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 49 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=qdsRBDWkjIxv"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=qdsRBDWkjIxv"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
I refuse to answer that question.

—Alorael, who thinks his actions speak for themselves. Sometimes they don't, speak, of course. Sometimes they just laugh, or at least snigger evilly.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #2
8/18 isn't so bad. Let's see...

Q1: Sure, I make pointless posts.
Q2: I remember those graphics I made, some of them were borderline infringements of various rules (and laws!).
Q3: I'm sure I've used swear-words in my posts.
Q4: Probably took part in one of the public trials of members (I'm thinking of Ed, but I can't remember if I actually did anything there).
Q10: I'm sure I've insulted people before.
Q11: I've made racist jokes on these boards.
Q12: I know I was involved in the Ashby Affair, which I'm sure counts for something towards "impersonation".
Q13: I mentioned in a previous thread that I'd been arrested. I suppose that's shaky ground, but I wanted to rack up as many of these as I could.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
Let's see, mine are...Harassment (there was one point where a few insults were traded).Flooding.That's it, though I did come pretty close to vulgarity when Alorael edited the flagship post of this thread. :P

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 15:24: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 7000
Profile Homepage #4
1, 2, 3, & 10

--------------------
"It's sort of like Star Wars. Except Jeff didn't make Erika shoot first in Avernum 3, nor did he introduce annoying computer-animated aliens." —Arancaytar
The Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
Originally by Nioca:

quote:
That's it, though I did come pretty close to vulgarity when Alorael edited the flagship post of this thread.
Oh, is that what he's doing? Well, there's a simple solution to that. It involves jumping up and down and shouting "IBTL! IBTL!"

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
As much fun as that sounds, I think I'll have to pass. I'd prefer not to test Alorael's accuracy.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
I have never broken a single code of conduct rule. That is, unless, like Stareye says, "arrogance" is against the code of conduct.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #8
Maybe you should have made it "choose up to 17" so no wiseguys check every answer including the last one. I've only *sort of* broken one - only ONE! - the copyrighted material one. I just typed the cheats out of the Geneforge 4 Hintbook. But I shaved out a bunch of sentences and put my own in, so I probably shouldn't have even voted for that. I once considered mildly insulting someone, but held back, even though it was just teasing.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #9
Nalyd is guilty of Flooding, although that was in his turbulent first few days as -X-, and he accidentally double-posted a topic once.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #10
I'd like to think those days are long past me now...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #11
Everyone active here should have been guilty of Q10 plenty of times. Online belittling is one of the things the Spiderweb community is best at.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 18:49: Message edited by: Garrison ]

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #12
I have a nearly clean record here. I think I've 'used vulgarity' before though.

In person, not so innocent. But I don't worry too much about getting banned from humanity for minor infractions such as racist jokes or making fun of random people.

EDIT: I always notice my post count several seconds too late.
IMAGE(http://www.mercadolibre.com.mx/jm/img?s=MLM&f=11991490_3103.jpg&v=P)

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 19:44: Message edited by: Nemesis ]

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
I was once chastised for posting a huge chunk of the Aeneid. At least I didn't double-post it *cough* *cough*.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
I choose to forget the CoC rules I've broken.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #15
I think I'm clean. But that may just be selective memory.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #16
Does accusing the entire board system of containing a conspiracy count against the faulty accusation one? What if I'm right? Then it wouldn't be faulty, but it could bring the whole system crumbling down around us!

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #17
I think the only one I've done is belittle members. I usually just follow when the game forum topics start to wander.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #18
Let's just say it would be easier to keep track of infractions I haven't been guilty of at one point or another. On Spiderweb I kind of go by the rule that if other people can get away with it it must be ok. Right?

Of course I'd be disappointed if #10 weren't the most popular choice.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Sir David:

On Spiderweb I kind of go by the rule that if other people can get away with it it must be ok. Right?
Unless you're me. Really, a better rule to go by is you can say whatever you want as long as you put a smiley face after it.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #20
You have no idea how tempting it is to arbitrarily lock this topic, or start deleting people's posts, or something. In fact, if the UBB offered half-way decent moderation tools, I'd be having a field day with this.

—Alorael, who supposes you can count yourselves fortunate that it doesn't and he isn't. Instead, he thinks he'll note that it is more or less impossible not to commit infractions unless you restrict yourself to monosyllabic answers to game questions. The real test is how often you've been called on your evil ways. (Bribes don't count!)
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #21
I want to know the names of the nine liars.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
Wow. It adds up to quite a bit when tallied up over the years.

I impersonated Imban (hell, we all did. :P ) and Alorael (*cough*). I couldn't resist making a few bad puns that were border-line vulgar.

A couple of years ago, I badly flamed a few people, and I still occasionally make a faux-pas (regarding upon mars' dyslexia, for example).

And between all the numerous locks and edits, I'm sure that an arbitrary one slipped in once or twice. I lock topics when I think they're completely useless, and my judgment is sometimes off.

But at least I resisted the brief temptation to edit all posts in this thread to say "****** that ******* you *********, here's the complete text of Harry Potter: [...] and besides that Jeff Vogel and all atheists should be BANNED! Go to disgusting.advertisement.page for FREEEE c14l1s; Can I now please have a key for Avernum 4?", and then lock it. And move it to Avernum Trilogy.

Just for the irony, you see.

But my good sense quickly won out.

[ Wednesday, January 17, 2007 00:46: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

But my good sense quickly wore out.

FYT, for effect.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #24
I am practically perfect in EVERY way.

Ahem.

Yeah, I'm guilty of numbers 1,3,10 and 12. And I sincerely hope I counted right...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...

Pages