Episode 3 Continued

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3 Continued
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #250
So when is the episode 3 going to get back on its original meaning (note the title)? It is still good none the less, Dikiyoba's story is the of the best things I have read.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #251
As soon as Dikiyoba gets back from the big guilt trip you all seem desperate to book Dikiyoba on. :P

[ Monday, February 19, 2007 18:30: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #252
It's your own fault, you know. What with all the chapters you piled on us in weeks prior it's no wonder we're complaining of withdrawal symptoms. You have us hopelessly addicted. ;)

Now's about the time you start charging for the next dose and watch that piggy bank grow.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #253
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

As soon as Dikiyoba gets back from the big guilt trip you all seem desperate to book Dikiyoba on. :P
Go and drown your sorrows with a nice game of Geneforge 4. Abusing serviles always works for ET.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #254
But playing G4 would lengthen the time until we get the next chapter, and we can't have that. :(
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #255
If you guys are truly desperate to read something, there's a cotinuous story game going on over at Shadow Vale. It's how I've kept going without new chapters this past week.

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 08:31: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #256
It's not actuallyworth playing that game... It's not weird, or funny, or... anything good.

But you should go there for the nana parties and glorious BoA thingies. :)

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #257
It strikes despair in the deepest part of my heart that the nanaparty image is now an emoticon over there.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #258
Bad news. Freewebs is acting up (and my most recent backup isn't new enough), so I can't access it to check who is alive or not. Is anyone else having problems? And are these the deleted people: Alorael, Ash Lael, Imban, Mysterious Man, Nikki?

The good news is this is problem number three with Dikiyoba's computer. Since bad things always come in threes, nothing else will happen. Right?

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 14:31: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #259
It's showing up free and clear on mine. Also, the deleted members are Alorael, Imban, Nikki, and Rakshasi. The dead members are Delicious Vlish, Kelandon, Tullegolar, Enraged Slith, Lazarus, Mysterious Man, Jewels, and Dintiradan. Hope that helps.

EDIT: Just checked the story itself. Unless Dintiradan died off-screen, he is still alive and well.

[ Tuesday, February 20, 2007 17:05: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #260
I'm dead?

*scratches head*

I don't remember reading that.

Or maybe it's that I just thought I'd be counted among the ones brought back in the raising spree?

I object...

Edit: My memory sucks. I didn't say a thing.

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 05:59: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #261
No. He got crushed by the Deth Ray when Kelandon was smashed into it. Unfortunately, it wasn't fatal, and I healed him. I'll get him later, though.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #262
I'm out of time to mess with it, so here is the latest update (with broken paragraphs): Chapter 39: Tullegolar's Concluding Resolution. If you are desperate, read it now. If you can wait, go ahead and wait.

Dikiyoba.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #263
Very nice. :)

Is this The End?

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #264
Not quite. I think there may be one more chapter to go.

Nice work as always, Dikiyoba. I'll update the front page shortly.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #265
Sigh. Nalyd wasn't in it. Neither were the other new people. Nalyd won't be, either. Nalyd won't be in Episode 4, either. Nalyd will now go and sulk.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #266
I think it isn't the best story in the hole world i think it is pretty enough as it is.
So Diki what new people are you introducing lately?
Is there going to have more episodes?
Is episode 3 the end?

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #267
quote:
Originally written by Death Twisted:

Sigh. Nalyd wasn't in it. Neither were the other new people. Nalyd won't be, either. Nalyd won't be in Episode 4, either. Nalyd will now go and sulk.
Be careful. I still have that extra script in which you get killed twice in a painful and embarrassing way that also prevents any possibility of future resurrection. :P

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 12:54: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #268
Good. Use it.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #269
Honestly, after three stories, I think Dikiyoba probably needs a break. I'd be fine with this being the end.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #270
That's because you were in them.

--------------------
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #271
I still have one more chapter to go in this episode. I will get it out as soon as possible. (And figure out what is wrong with Freewebs as soon as possible.) However, I doubt that there will ever be Episode 4 in the forseeable future, mainly due to time constraints.

And, since we're on the subject of depressing reflection today, another reason I will not write Episode 4 is that I don't like the way it has been turned into a stick/carrot. Being included is not a reward for good behavior. Being excluded is not a punishment. There are many deserving people who did not appear in this or any episode, or who didn't get much screen time because of plot constraints, my forgetfulness, or me having troubles knowing what to do with the character. And I really resent the implications that I have to do something or include someone in my story.

That said, I still welcome suggestions, either in this thread or by PM. It may seem rather pointless at this stage in the story, but I still have one chapter to go and I will be revising the story to make it better before I call it done. If you think I haven't portrayed your character well enough, give me some suggestions. I'll use them if I can. (Nalyd, please don't say you wish to appear. I get it. You don't have to tell me ever again.)

The final reason is that Dikiyoba doesn't want to become one of those loser authors who produces sequels long after sequels should be produced. If you don't quite feel like you have had enough with three episodes, then Dikiyoba is on the right track. :P
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #272
One more chance for me to make it into the story. I hope I make it, I really do.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #273
Mh, no episode 4. So no episodes -2, -1 and 0 either? Don't imitate George Lucas. :P

I'm getting an "end times" vibe from this forum by now. First Alec's topic, a few people leave, and now we start shutting down the ouroborotic (thanks, Thuryl) meme-machines...

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #274
Everything here seems to be shutting down. First the post counter, and now the story. This is not a good omen. It seems to be pointing to the ever more quickly coming downfall of Spidweb.

Pages