Episode 3 Continued

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Episode 3 Continued
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
As all participants probably know full well, the original topic was reaching lengths that would likely attract the wrath of the UBB. So to spare the original topic, I've created this one to continue the discussion of Dikiyoba's story.

Also, in case you need to catch up...

Part 1Chapter 1: StatisticsChapter 2: Tyranicus Dies. Again.Chapter 3: ComplicationsChapter 4: Many ReturnsChapter 5: The Calm Before...Part 2Chapter 6: ...The Even Bigger StormChapter 7: Shadow ValeChapter 8: Rats AplentyChapter 9: The Trap Is SetChapter 10: AttorosiPart 3Chapter 11: The Trap Is SprungChapter 12: Lovesick and TwistedChapter 13: Lucky EscapeChapter 14: Just In TimeChapter 15: RestingPart 4Chapter 16: The Snow StopsChapter 17: Smoo TalksChapter 18: Drakefyre's PlanChapter 19: ExodusChapter 20: The Rats Have Problems TooPart 5Chapter 21: A Narrow EscapeChapter 22: Scrying and SwimmingChapter 23: "They're coming!"Chapter 24: Aggressive AdvertisingChapter 25: Shifting ForumsPart 6Chapter 26: The Saga of Synergy and RandomizerChapter 27: The Battle BeginsChapter 28: Ocean BoundChapter 29: When Bovines AttackChapter 30: The Pied Piper of ErmarianPart 7Chapter 31: Where's the Deranged Subterfuge?Chapter 32: The Power Of The Mechanical PencilChapter 33: PerfectionChapter 34: The Third FactionChapter 35: Emperor Tullegolar Strikes BackPart 8Chapter 36: DeletionChapter 37: Bound, Unbound, and Ocean BoundChapter 38: Woad RageChapter 39: Tullegolar's Concluding ResolutionEDIT: List updated (2/21/2007)

[ Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:59: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
You know, the funny thing is that even if the huge thread dies a classic UBB death, Aran will probably have a mostly complete copy of it anyway. Nonetheless, a nice show of initiative, Nioca.

(quietly waits for the next episode)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Gah!

quote:
You know, the funny thing is that even if the huge thread dies a classic UBB death, Aran will probably have a mostly complete copy of it anyway. Nonetheless, a nice show of initiative, Nioca.
I have a mostly complete copy of it, anyway. (Arancaytar taught me about paranoia well.)

Also, what was the longest topic ever? Dikiyoba remembers the What Are You Listening To Right Now? topic reaching a massive length but can't remember exactly what the massive length was.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #3
A thousand curses on your head, Nioca! Now how am I going to guarantee that my name will consistently be near the top of the 'Topic Starter' list?

EDIT: Wrong list name.

--------------------
The C Programming Language - A language which combines the flexibility of assembly language with the power of assembly language.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 12:18: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
Erm... I meant chapter. I really, honestly did.

And I seem to recall that the last huge thread was terminated at post 1001 by Imban. Can't remember what it was, either.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #5
There was TM's name thread that was killed by WKS's double post of the Kama Sutra and I think the other was the Avernum RP that had some troubles because of postage length rather than number of posts.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
Don't forget the 2006 October posting stats thread. That one dropped after only 20 or so pages.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #7
I remember that one Nioca. That thread eventually degenerated into an argument between me and Stareye. I must have been winning, because that thread mysteriously disappeared. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything but... he totally deleted it.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I remember that one Nioca. That thread eventually degenerated into an argument between me and Stareye. I must have been winning, because that thread mysteriously disappeared. I'm not going to accuse anyone of anything but... he totally deleted it.
Doubt it. There were two days of instability before that thread disappeared. Another thread, which I believe was about Fatman getting banned, also disappeared in the same manner.

Also, you were banned because you were starting to borderline flame people, and when Stareye reprimanded you, you essentially told him to shut up. CoC states that harassment is a major infraction, so by challenging Stareye, you were basically asking to be banned.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #9
No, I was acting the same way I always do, when out of nowhere Stareye called me arrogant. I responded by calling him a whiner. He's an admin, he wins. That's just how justice works around here.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 17:35: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Edit: Nioca, Emperor Tullegolar, drop it and never pick it up again.

Chapter 30: The Pied Piper of Ermarian

Originally by Dintiradan:

quote:
Now how am I going to guarantee that my name will consistently be near the top of the 'Topic Starter' list?
By starting a topic every day. :P

Dikiyoba thanks Nioca and Arancaytar for starting a new topic and protecting the old one respectively.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 17:42: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #11
And just when you think it couldn't get any worse...

Arancaytar knows what happened to last pied piper, doesn't he?

quote:
Originally written by Tullegolar:

No, I was acting the same way I always do, when out of nowhere Stareye called me arrogant. I responded by calling him a whiner. He's an admin, he wins. That's just how justice works around here.
Back then, you were a bit more... intense. Now, you're arrogant to a tolerable degree.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #12
Nioca, how about respecting Dikiyoba's thread and moving this discussion to, oh, I don't know, the thread you already created for this very purpose?

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #13
I was unaware that I had created a thread for the purpose of explaining to you why you were banned.

EDIT: I just sort of dropped an entire word.

EDIT 2: Consider it dropped, Dikiyoba.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 18:44: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #14
Two Words: Drowned Rats.

Also, Attorosi seems to be channeling the spirit of Emperor Tullegolar. Or is it just Nalyd?

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Gah!

quote:
I have a mostly complete copy of it, anyway. (Arancaytar taught me about paranoia well.)

Also, what was the longest topic ever? Dikiyoba remembers the What Are You Listening To Right Now? topic reaching a massive length but can't remember exactly what the massive length was.

A thousand and one post. Or should that be posts?

Anyway, the Episode 3 topic beats it. Dikiyoba, you are now in possession of the longest topic that has ever been posted, and that's something considering you didn't start it. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #16
Nice way to take out rats. When are we getting to the chapter "Drowned Like Rats?"

All that work cleaning up the place from the war and now we have to do the carpets again. This looks like a job for new members. Now the just arrived can have a place in the episode,
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #17
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Anyway, the Episode 3 topic beats it. Dikiyoba, you are now in possession of the longest topic that has ever been posted, and that's something considering you didn't start it. :P
Hooray! Dikiyoba will go back to normal soon, but for now Dikiyoba thinks Dikiyoba has earned this name and the ego that goes with it. :P
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba the Great:

Dikiyoba thinks Dikiyoba has earned this name and the ego that goes with it. :P
Bah. You're welcome to him.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #19
Hmmm...I haven't appeared very recently. Perhaps the fictional me is planning to bring the glory of non-Euclidean shapes to the boards! Or not...

Anyway, it seems a bit od to be so paranoid about the boards eating a topic. It'd be pretty ironic if this topic were to be eaten, say...right about NOW!

Update: Nope, it's not eaten. This may be a good or bad thing.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 19:53: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #20
I don't know... I've been hitting a lot of Internal Server Errors recently, and the last two times that happened, a topic was claimed by the UBBeast. :eek:

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #21
Would it be too much to ask that the party disable the machine and not destroy it? I still have plans for my army filled with Kumquats of Terror.

--------------------
Surprising, Elan makes a good point. (Which probably just proves that we've stumbled into some bizzare alternate reality.)
- Roy (OotS #45)
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #22
Pretty much. And you're in the RW cult?

[ Wednesday, January 17, 2007 12:52: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Kuber:

Bah. You're welcome to him.
ET = David Bowie from Labyrinth?!?!

This explains so much... I'm shocked and appalled.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #24
Dance, magic, dance!

--------------------
You lose.

Pages