Girls: would you prefer to lay eggs?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Girls: would you prefer to lay eggs?
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #50
Um, Alorael, wouldn't that be the other way around? The pro-lifers would be horrified at human eggs being destroyed, and so the pro-choicers would hurl them at their houses.

Nature has created far more efficient infants than our human babies. Mountain goat babies, or whatever their specific name is, start walking up steep slopes and craggy rocks hours after being born. Many snakes and lizards are fully developed after they are born. The human baby could be changed in a variety of perfectly plausible ways. There is no reason to believe why people could not deal with squishy little chick sized babies.

Also, eggs do not necessarily have to be extremely fragile. Ostrich eggs have extremely tough exteriors, and I'd imagine human eggs would be at least much stronger than chicken eggs.

If the babies were tadpoles, then we'd just have a lot more tiny eggs. It would be similar to fish spawning at that point. I decline to elaborate on that any further and leave the matter up to your imagination.

Now, are there any more objections to oviparity?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #51
Go lay a huge, hard shelled egg Garrison.
Let me know how that works out for you.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #52
I admit I haven't read this thoroughly profound philosophical conversation, but I did see someone mention giving birth to eggs so that got me thinking this.

That is all. I will now attempt to disappear in a cloud of smoke.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

Go lay a huge, hard shelled egg Garrison.
Let me know how that works out for you.

Excuse me, but where did the "huge" come from? Slightly larger than a chicken egg is what I was proposing. Besides, I offered alternatives. Really, we are all fixated on the idea of monthly egg laying. Would you have any more objections if it only happened after fertilization?

I'll be damned if I don't win this engrossing debate. Demagoguery here I come...

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #54
This is one debate I am willing to lose.

I think what Alorael was alluding to was the way anti-choicers enjoy holding up signs with dead babies. However, throwing eggs at houses would be the equivalent of throwing fetuses, so I think Garrison has a point there.

--------------------
You lose.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #55
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

…throwing eggs at houses would be the equivalent of throwing fetuses…
There's some food for thought…

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

…throwing eggs at houses would be the equivalent of throwing fetuses…
There's some food for thought…

Quoted for hilarity. On that subject, how exactly would the Catholic church and the anti-abortionists feel about eating the unfertilized eggs?

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #57
Every egg is sacred...

—Alorael, who can see animal rights getting mixed up in it too. It's okay to eat chicken abortions as long as you eat human ones too. It's about equality, not correctness.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #58
Catholics would probably make a ritual out of it. Jews would probably be against the idea the most, if you think about it.

--------------------
You lose.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #59
Why would anyone want to eat a human egg? I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #60
quote:
Originally written by Cryptozoology:

Why would anyone want to eat a human egg? I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
As mentioned before, there are people in the world who eat placentas. But I agree, it is disgusting.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #61
quote:

As mentioned before, there are people in the world who eat placentas.
Including Tom Cruise, which tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the practice.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5545
Profile Homepage #62
quote:
Originally written by Place and the Time:

Every egg is sacred...

... Every egg is great. If an egg is wasted, god gets quite irate...

--------------------
Plaudite, amici, comedia finita est.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #63
quote:
Originally written by Cryptozoology:

quote:

As mentioned before, there are people in the world who eat placentas.
Including Tom Cruise, which tells you pretty much everything you need to know about the practice.

<FALSE AUTHORITY>
Let's all eat some human placentas! Tom Cruise did it, so it must be a great idea!
</FALSE AUTHORITY>

:P

quote:
Originally written by Cirion Actaeon:

quote:
Originally written by Place and the Time:

Every egg is sacred...

... Every egg is great. If an egg is wasted, god gets quite irate...

Eggs-actly what I was thinking!

(Okay… that was way lame.)

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #64
Thuryl, that statement is going in my signature.

What is the general consensus now? Eggs awesome or dumb?

--------------------
====
====
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #65
Originally by Thuryl:

quote:
Technically, if they were hard-boiled...

Dikiyoba.

[ Sunday, January 14, 2007 21:04: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #66
Most of us don't consume our own flesh, either.

On a fun note, this conversation has officially gone from disturbing to somewhat interesting to downright disgusting.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #67
More to the point, does this revelation mean that Gaspar created the Chrono Trigger by porking Crono's mom?

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #68
I bet the Chrono Trigger would taste fantastic scrambled. There might be repercussions, though. Nasty indigestion and all that.

—Alorael, who likes his causality shaken, not stirred.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #69
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Most of us don't consume our own flesh, either.

On a fun note, this conversation has officially gone from disturbing to somewhat interesting to downright disgusting.

I believe in mathematics that's called the Scorpius Curve

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #70
I'd rather not lay eggs. Chicken or baby sized. Technology has come far enough that women can take medication to stop menstration all together if they don't want to get pregnant, and pregnancy itself stops menstration usually until weening time.

There is one major point that no one has yet to address. Who's gonna sit on the fertile egg to wait until it hatches?

Pregnancy now is not extremely cumbersome but having to sit in one spot for even one day would be torture to me. Sure, the responsibility can be shared and even outsourced to technology. But then what happens if the eggsitter takes a too-long bathroom break or that technology breaks down in the middle of the night? I see marital discorse and lawsuits galore in the making.

Abortion (and adoption, I think) would be a whole lot easier though. Just leave your fertile egg unattended to die of cold or smash it and dispose of it in your own home. With no abortion clinics to pickit, pro-lifers would have to go the route of informational booths on good egg care and where you can leave unwanted fertile eggs no questions asked.

Then there's the whole 'how do you tell if an egg is fertilized' question. But I'll leave that alone for now.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #71
I recently watched a movie where a chinese woman ate dumplings made of fetuses in order to look younger. In the end she ended up eating her own unborn child for the sake of her vanity. Yeah, it was wierd...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #72
Not all eggs need to be constantly sat upon before they hatch.

But really my main reason for supporting egg laying is the actual birth itself. Human babies are pretty big for the birth canal and often require an awful lot of pushing and heaving before they come out. Eggs on the other hand would be small and streamlined.

--------------------
====
====
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #73
There's another thing to consider. A baby has the protection of he mother's womb before birth. Eggs would have no such protection, and would be far more vulnerable to things a baby would merely shrug off.

Also, I'm sort of equating laying an egg to a kidney stone.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #74
Isn't that what a shell is for Nioca? I imagine that a human eggs would be very durable. It may even be durable enough for the mother to sleep with it at night. All you would really need to do is keep it warm. A simple lamp that would normally be used for a plant or reptile should suffice. Even it it burns out, as long as the room isn't freezing, it's not like it's going to die before replace the damn bulb.

--------------------
You lose.

Pages