Girls: would you prefer to lay eggs?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Girls: would you prefer to lay eggs?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #75
You're talking about this like you're customizing a car. Why don't you add mud-flaps and a satellite radio while you're at it? :P

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #76
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

You're talking about this like you're customizing a car. Why don't you add mud-flaps and a satellite radio while you're at it? :P
I just pictured where the mud flaps would be

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #77
If our eggs were at least as tough as reptilian ones, then we should be fine. They would be slightly larger than a chicken egg because of that, but it would still be significantly smaller than a human baby.

I don't believe Tully is talking about customization per se. Anyway, I'm sure that more fertilized embryos will die because of the eggs being crushed, but it is not as if there are no miscarriages in our current age of medical science. We'll make up for that by laying 12 eggs a year. If a few too many survive, well, it's not your fault that they "accidentally" got put into an omelette.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #78
What we really need is spawning. Make it millions of tiny little eggs, most of which don't survive to hatch. Those that do are helpless, worthless little grubs until they eventually develop into real human beings.

—Alorael, who doesn't even think it's all that different from the current system. Hooray for sproglings!
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #79
Yay for spawning!!

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
Originally written by Place and the Time:

Those that do are helpless, worthless little grubs until they eventually develop into real human beings.
As it is, some people do develop into real human beings but still somehow manage to remain helpless and worthless…

…and then instead of doing their schoolwork, they decide to trade their sanity to fluffy turtles in exchange for access to the Spiderweb Forums.

What? Am I the only one? :P

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #81
Spawning would be completely unacceptable. It would be outside the fanciful scope of this discussion to start making humans amphibious. We can alter the developmental cycle to suit the specifics of oviparity, but if we do not limit ourselves, then soon the babies will start looking like vlish. I for one say, "Ewww," to such a proposition.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #82
Racism! I cry foul!

—Alorael, who is sure any parent would love their little vlish dearly. Sure, others may flee from its flatulence propulsion, but to mommy and daddy it will always be their little snuggle floating baggy-poo.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #83
quote:

—Alorael, who is sure any parent would love their little vlish dearly. Sure, others may flee from its flatulence propulsion, but to mommy and daddy it will always be their little snuggle floating baggy-poo.
Quoted for hilarity.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #84
quote:

What we really need is spawning. Make it millions of tiny little eggs, most of which don't survive to hatch. Those that do are helpless, worthless little grubs until they eventually develop into real human beings.
I don't know if r-selection would really work all that well for humans.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #85
Especially since we kind of are on the opposite extreme now.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 7276
Profile #86
Crypto, well, presumably, we'd get weaker parental instincts to go along with it (or the instincts would kick in later) - in short, we'd be kreelies:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/d/20040603.html
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #87
This whole thread makes me angry, hysterical, unable to stop laughing at Scorpius because sooner or later for that question he will die (probably slowly and painfully), and it makes my skin crawl.

Scorpius, why did you do that? Insane curiosity? I have chronic curiosity, but apparently not as bad as yours. Death wish? Also a probability. Other factor? Please name.

And I am not entirely sure whether this thread goes by the CoC. Please correct me if I am misplaced in my thoughts here.

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #88
Nothing wrong with a little abstract thinking. It's good to think outside the box once in a while.

It's wierd, but I don't see anything against the CoC here except maybe a hidden death threat in your post.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #89
I will state for the record that I am not in reality a Drakon, and therefore probably will not kill/slay/dismember anyone, as I weigh only 90 pounds at age 14. And cannot do much more than think and play Geneforge.

My friend suggested that signature, and I wrote it as if I were talking to a Shaper. Forgot to add the Shaper part, sorry.

But I like to pretend I am a Drakon, and I apologize to any and all who thought and/or think that I am threatening them.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 14:04: Message edited by: Sarasaphilia ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #90
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

It's wierd, but I don't see anything against the CoC here except maybe a hidden death threat in your post.
Actually, if someone really wanted to push it, this could technically fall under the major infraction harassment. But I doubt anyone would.

Oh, and weird betrays the laws of spelling physics. :P

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #91
No, it was my mistake. I see how it could appear as a threat. Forget it, and continue on with the topic here while I sit on the sidelines alterating between laughter and shock.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #92
I meant Scorpius could get hit with an infraction, if someone decided to push it. You could too, of course, if you hadn't cleared that up.

Though it should be pointed out a lot of small and generally insignificant infractions generally go ignored. Otherwise, I may have just been getting out from under a 'canned' warning title.

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #93
Given that Scorp has inflicted slow and painful, especially the latter, on so many, I think it's a reasonable expectation that slow and painful will eventually be done unto him.

—Alorael, who has yet another idea, and this time a somewhat practical one. With all the concern over designer babies, why not have all the babies delivered in one hospital collected and put into opaque "eggs," then let the parents pick a random egg? That would keep things fair. If the state wanted a little more profit, they could even give out babies by lottery, with the most heavily and positively modified ones for the very lucky and your ordinary, natural baby for the hapless.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #94
Of course, the lucky parents would get the lucky babies, because those babies are lucky.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #95
quote:
—Alorael, who has yet another idea, and this time a somewhat practical one. With all the concern over designer babies, why not have all the babies delivered in one hospital collected and put into opaque "eggs," then let the parents pick a random egg? That would keep things fair.
But then they're no incentive for parents to keep the baby born with such horrible death defects that he or she looks like a vlish because the baby is certainly not their child. That poor baby will be left in the car on a hot day until he or she explodes.

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #96
Could we genetically enhance women to lay golden eggs instead? If this is the case, then I'm in favor of the egg laying.

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 16:05: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #97
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

Could we genetically enhance women to lay golden eggs instead? If this is the case, then I'm in favor of the egg laying.
Now that could be offensive to just about any woman. "Honey, let's go get your reproductive organs genetically twisted and modified so that you can lay golden eggs to make us some money! If you're worrying about my feelings, then don't because I won't be hurt any."

--------------------
====
====
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #98
Human eggs might as well already be gold. You know how much those things go for?

--------------------
You lose.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #99
[this was actually very tasteless]

[ Tuesday, January 16, 2007 16:56: Message edited by: Enraged Slith ]

Pages