November Posting Stats Self-Fulfilling Prophecy Poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: November Posting Stats Self-Fulfilling Prophecy Poll
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Robert Daniel Oliver:

One thing:

1) Those were two.
2) I can? Cooool... I have to try that.

Edit: Can't, unless it requires a secret magical formula that Stareye has to teach me first.

Well. That is certainly disappointing. Now I need to dream up a different scapegoat for all my errors of fact and fiction. In other news, I'm glad to see that you have as firm a grasp on numbers as I do. ;)

Edit: Ooohhhhh. Now I get it. You are using the doubleshot mind vulcan death grip ninja master yoda trick on me. So you actually can do ultra secret edits, but you don't want me to know you can do that. Very tricky you are. :cool:

[ Wednesday, October 25, 2006 21:45: Message edited by: Spookee Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #26
But hypnotizing you over the internet and then commanding you to edit your post doesn't really count, now does it?

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #27
Actually, Jumpin' Salmon, you're being secretly mind-controlled by some person who can't count. But Arancaytar is also being mind-controlled by the same person, so it looks like he's the person controlling you.

Dikiyoba has discovered that the only way to free yourself is to never use numbers again.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
Dikiyoba, what a devious plot to stop him from caring about his postcount and end the spam spree... ^_^

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #29
quote:
Originally written by Robert Daniel Oliver:

Dikiyoba, what a devious plot to stop him from caring about his postcount and end the spam spree... ^_^
You certainly don't think I orchestrated this whole thing, do you?

And since the original stats thread is gone, I think that we can definitively say it was ...

--------------------
quote:

Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #30
300. And more. And since I don't want to be wrong, spam please.

[ Thursday, October 26, 2006 09:39: Message edited by: Guardian Magma ]

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #31
But make sure to make it useful spam!

Unlike this post.

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

Actually, Jumpin' Salmon, you're being secretly mind-controlled by some person who can't count. But Arancaytar is also being mind-controlled by the same person, so it looks like he's the person controlling you.

Is psychiccontrolbot not running properly, Aran?
You may want to have one of you check up on it.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin just discovered that he left his spare set of scuba flippers in Detroit.
It's not much of a problem. It just means that he can't wear blue socks for a while.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #33
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Am I the only one that prefers less posting overall? I suspect I will drop many places this month simply because I do not enjoy spamming as much as many of you seem to.
You know Tully, not everything has to be an attack at other people. If you prefer less posting, feel free to start with yourself. Almost everything I've seen you post has seemed to be for the purpose of pissing off the other people in the forum. Maybe that's not why you post and I've got it all wrong, but it's at least what it seems like.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #34
Along those lines, that comment would come across as less hostile if it had "us" instead of "you" or just dropped the "of you" entirely.

I mean, "as much as many of us" and "as much as many" carry the same meaning, but they seem less pointed.

[ Thursday, October 26, 2006 20:26: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis:

quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Am I the only one that prefers less posting overall? I suspect I will drop many places this month simply because I do not enjoy spamming as much as many of you seem to.
You know Tully, not everything has to be an attack at other people. If you prefer less posting, feel free to start with yourself. Almost everything I've seen you post has seemed to be for the purpose of pissing off the other people in the forum. Maybe that's not why you post and I've got it all wrong, but it's at least what it seems like.

Oh noo! Chain fire spells for max range. Equip attacks to hot keys. Scroll over and click. lol.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #36
Well, I wasn't trying to start anything… lol. It just sorta comes across that way.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

My website: Nemesis' Refuge
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #37
Spam or not spam? This is the problem.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Guardian Magma:

Spam of course. :P

To spam!

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #39
We need less flammable spam, that's what. Right now, it's like a huge pile of tinder... soaked with kerosene.

quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus.:

To spam!
This is growing stale, Tyran. :P

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #40
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus.:

quote:
Originally written by Guardian Magma:

Spam of course. :P

To spam!

I have a somewhat evil idea for the next month's spamtistics thread and if you keep doing this, I'll be very tempted to carry it out. :P

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #41
And you owe it all to Olar. Without his flamebait, intentional or otherwise, there would be far less angry chatter.

—Alorael, who submits that in a world of perfect harmony no one would post at all. Of course everyone would also cease to exist. Nirvana is like that.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #42
Ya know, it isn't really necessary to automatically reply to every thread. It helps to have something meaningful to add to the discussion, or perhaps a twist that can take the discussion in a brand new, yet related direction.

Currrently there have been around 2260 new posts since the previous shuffling of papers. That amounts to 239 per day. Since an average paper shuffling period (psp) is 30 days, we should expect to see 7170 (or so) total posts for the month. Here's where it gets tricky. (Can you tell I may have low-balled my guess on the poll?)

Last time we approached that rate of posting was in March, with 7355 posts. The big, nay, huge difference is the active membership. Back then there were 324 members, so each had to only post 0.824 times per day, and a rate of 269 ppd in that psp was achieved.

If we are to duplicate that effort, which I'm not saying isn't possible, of over 7000 posts, but with only the paltry active membership of 73 that is currently evident, each member needs to contribute 96 posts. Of course it gets easier than that, since in reality several new members have arrived and posted. There are around 20 or so new members, and since only (historically) 40% of them post (immediately) I feel save adding 8 to the list of active members, reducing the necessary posts per member (ppm) to 86 in order to achieve 7000 posts in the psp, which would result in huzzahs for people picking poll answers in the 226-250 range (currently only 8% of the vote).

If we look at the median scores, apparently 126-200 is the favorite range, and the current active posting community, we arrive with final numbers in the psp of between 3780 and 6000, or 47 to 74 posts per poster (ppp).

This pledge drive is important to the hungry gnomes that crunch numbers down at the endeavor section of the ermarian network. They need you to supply more posts, and are asking for a paltry 50 ppp this month, but if you are more apt to by a frequent poster then perhaps you would be comfortable with our once a visit plan, or even our once a thread plan. Any plan you choose is fantastic, and we appreciate (and the hungry gnomes appreciate) every new member and every active poster.

Just remember this pledge drive ends on November 15th at midnight board time, but you can expect to see the results a few days after.

Edit - The gnomes just hollared at me to thank Alorael, Zeviz, and Ephesos for their extraordinary support this month.

[ Friday, October 27, 2006 08:16: Message edited by: Spookee Salmon ]

--------------------
quote:

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #43
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
We need less flammable spam, that's what. Right now, it's like a huge pile of tinder... soaked with kerosene.
Or we could just prohibit the use of all matches, lighters, fire-breathing creatures, and explosive spells.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by the fish:

blah stats blahblahbla-stats-hblah blah gnomes blah
Alright, alright. More people will show up. They always do. And there's always a few who come out of the woodwork to pose a discussion-provoking question for the older games.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #45
quote:

Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
Or we could just prohibit the use of all matches, lighters, fire-breathing creatures, and explosive spells.

Dikiyoba.

You forgot flamers. :)

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #46
Thanks to the wonders of multi-tasking, I can now make a new post instead of editing onto my old one.

Jumpin' Salmon, tell the gnomes at Ermarian that Dikiyoba is more than happy to contribute, and the exact level of contribution that they can expect from Dikiyoba will be disclosed as soon as they stop crashing Dikiyoba's browser.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #47
quote:

the exact level of contribution that they can expect from Dikiyoba will be disclosed as soon as they stop crashing Dikiyoba's browser.
You run IE, don't you? I actually switched to FireFox 2.0 just to look at lists without any risk of crashing. Now I just risk getting a blank page.

Tell the gnomes that I'm already firing on all cylinders when it comes to posting speed. I can't post any faster without cheating, which I refuse to do.

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

quote:

the exact level of contribution that they can expect from Dikiyoba will be disclosed as soon as they stop crashing Dikiyoba's browser.
You run IE, don't you? I actually switched to FireFox 2.0 just to look at lists without any risk of crashing. Now I just risk getting a blank page.

See, that is curious. Aran has those little stickers on his web page telling me it is all safe and such, yet IE also crashes every 3 or so visits. I ended up adding Firefox, version 1.5, so that I could be constantly in touch with how wasteful I am.

So Aran, why doesn't your webpage work with IE?

--------------------
quote:

Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #49
It's part of Aran's evil plan to eradicate all users of IE!

Seriously, I think it's because there's still a few kinks in the system. And Firefox handles page errors better.

--------------------

Pages