My God can beat up your God!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: My God can beat up your God!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #100
Lol.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #101
quote:
Originally written by GremlinJoe:

My god is [removed]. He's my father and he's so great because only he can take a worthless jerk like me and make something out of him for all the world to look upon and see his glory at work.
(@#$^%&.

[ Saturday, May 27, 2006 09:38: Message edited by: Equipoise ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #102
I see Infernal does not subscribe to the school of proving oneself to be more mature than one's detractors. Cmon man.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #103
People didn't misunderstand what I meant here too did they? Happens a lot for some reason. I'll explain it if necessary.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #104
Well, the community as a whole generally dislikes preaching. Sorry about that.

I believe that Infernal(radix) thought you were insulting Judaism. Were you? If not, what other religion would you be insulting?

--------------------
But I don't want to ride the elevator.
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #105
I am of the opinion that Infernal was offended by the lack of intelligence which was displayed when the post was made. It had nothing to do with the thread, contained nothing but evangelical catchphrases, and was patronizing to people who almost certainly know more about GremlinJoe's religion (regardless of which one it is) than he/she does him/herself.

Now, if GremlinJoe could explain why the religion he/she follows is so great (btw, "Because it has God" is not a suitable answer), then this thread could return to its intended topic. Or someone could add to the discussion about the spoken and written ancient languages. Either way, I hope this ends soon.

[ Saturday, May 27, 2006 11:49: Message edited by: The][Editbreaker ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #106
quote:

Lol.
No, you di'int. Omg.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
Shock Trooper
Member # 6754
Profile #107
quote:

By the way God can make something so heavy he can't lift it, he plays by his own rules, but also he can bypass any one of his rules in a ligitimate way.
So there's something he's UNABLE to do? Your ultimatum FALLS!

... the only way to revive this thread is to continue with unbridled silliness:

IMAGE(http://www.qwantz.com/fanart/mission%20from%20god.PNG)

--------------------
One of these words is mispelled.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #108
But now I must explain myself to

I'm certainly not insulting Judaism, nor was I insulting any other religion.

The reason it's so great it that my god gives hope to the least of us. He is loving and cares me and anyone else who accepts him irregardless of what may be wrong with them or what they've done. He has yet to hold anything I've done against him against me provided that I'm genuinly sorry. And he offers all who follow him a better future. The only hard thing he asks of people can be summed up as not being full of pride. He also would rather see people who hate him become his people so he can forgive them and bring them the benefits that he offers.

And his ways are those of selflessly helping others and not holding offenses against people. Also with him there is no favoritism and no discrimination. A nice guy at least.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #109
Gremlin, if you said that "my old God was a piece of reptilian *****" then that implies that you converted from another religion. You are therefore insulting the religion that you converted from, by calling it's God a "piece of reptilian *****".

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #110
quote:

The reason it's so great it that my god gives hope to the least of us. He is loving and cares me and anyone else who accepts him irregardless of what may be wrong with them or what they've done. He has yet to hold anything I've done against him against me provided that I'm genuinly sorry. And he offers all who follow him a better future. The only hard thing he asks of people can be summed up as not being full of pride. He also would rather see people who hate him become his people so he can forgive them and bring them the benefits that he offers.

And his ways are those of selflessly helping others and not holding offenses against people. Also with him there is no favoritism and no discrimination. A nice guy at least.

quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

(@#$^%&.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #111
quote:

Okay, so you think your religion is better because your God is loving and caring and all that? So then what about all the other religions with benevolent gods? What does your religion have that none of the others have that sets it apart from those religions?

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 07:09: Message edited by: The][Editbreaker ]

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #112
Okay, something important has to be said here. My old "religion" was nothing any of you'd ever heard of. It was bad and most of its followers are dead. The only person who could possibly be offended is the reptile (as I call it) in question, and I'm sure they just don't care or may be happy that I admited to that period of time. Case closed.

And as for what makes God different from all the others besides the fact that he has no name. Well, if you'll all just wait a few years, you'll see him demonstrate his power. I'll admit it won't be for a while but just wait.

Also he has a lot of power, there is nothing he can't do. He's willing to let me use some of his power. You can to if you're his. Believe me there isn't any name or being that can stand up to God almighty, just ask my old "god".

I suppose a better way of saying this is that his protection and might are very real and have got a lot of people pissed off at me for saying so. Of course the only proof I have is my life itself and none of you can see that or the enemies I've made. But it's true, and you will see someday. Maybe in your lifetime too.

By the way don't bring up my old life anymore. I was born into the wrong environment. I'd appreciate no one pretending to know what I'm talking about because almost none of you will. And its also irrelevent unless you want to trust me when I speak about the power of God. All other powers under submission.

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #113
quote:

Okay, something important has to be said here. My old "religion" was nothing any of you'd ever heard of. It was bad and most of its followers are dead. The only person who could possibly be offended is the reptile (as I call it) in question, and I'm sure they just don't care or may be happy that I admited to that period of time. Case closed.

And as for what makes God different from all the others besides the fact that he has no name. Well, if you'll all just wait a few years, you'll see him demonstrate his power. I'll admit it won't be for a while but just wait.

Also he has a lot of power, there is nothing he can't do. He's willing to let me use some of his power. You can to if you're his. Believe me there isn't any name or being that can stand up to God almighty, just ask my old "god".

I suppose a better way of saying this is that his protection and might are very real and have got a lot of people pissed off at me for saying so. Of course the only proof I have is my life itself and none of you can see that or the enemies I've made. But it's true, and you will see someday. Maybe in your lifetime too.

By the way don't bring up my old life anymore. I was born into the wrong environment. I'd appreciate no one pretending to know what I'm talking about because almost none of you will. And its also irrelevent unless you want to trust me when I speak about the power of God. All other powers under submission.

quote:
Originally written by Alorael:

(@#$^%&.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Infiltrator
Member # 6652
Profile #114
Though Infernal grows repetitive, I agree with her. Answer the question.

--------------------
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #115
quote:

I'd appreciate no one pretending to know what I'm talking about
As far as I can tell, the only person pretending to know what you're talking about is you.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #116
There's a catholic movement called El Shaddai. Are you a member?

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 10:00: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #117
quote:
Originally written by ef:

There's a catholic movement called [removed]. Are you a member?
Please remove that from your post. It is an insult to Judaism to have a name that God uses to describe Himself (and I think only Him, maybe a few prophets and/or angels also use it), casually flung about as if it were just any other name.

I also find it ironic that Christians use that name; because afaik, that name is used only in the Torah and not in the New Testament or any other writings.

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 10:13: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #118
What's ef supposed to write?
"There's a Catholic movement called That Which Must Not Be Named. Are you a member?"?

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #119
If he wishes.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #120
It would, however, be too likely to get a response like "No, I'm not a member of Opus Dei"

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #121
Tolerance is a cruel mistress.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #122
I won't deny that I have no insight into how things go on or the importance of them. I'm easily the most clueless person in the world about such things, but I'm also the most bitter.

What question?

No, I'm not a member. I haven't even heard of them.

Why should anyone care about my lack of spiritual know how anyway. I've been what I've been and seen what I've seen and thats all there is too it. My parents never educated me so well as to what the hell is going on in the supernatural. I'll get it all sorted out later. If anyone wants to undo my lack of respect for things outside the physical world, please ask God to give me a talking to. But don't say anything on these boards, I tend to collect odd people who speak in the name of God but not really.

As for God though, I do know what I'm talking about and I'm willing to talk about it. I may not understand much of even my own life or the reasoning behind it but I know God and his ways very well.

By the way, The Torah and the new testament belong together. They're both true and are about the same thing. I always wonder why people seperate Judaism and Christianity. And don't say I ever disrespect Judaism because I believe in the Jewish god. I may even be jewish myself. I have very little known geneology. Certain things about my family did lead me to believe I could be though.

--------------------

? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #123
IMAGE(http://www.math.tamu.edu/~eking/mobius-strip.jpg)

You are what to whom? Now I'm lost and I've been not paying attention.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Warrior
Member # 7171
Profile #124
quote:
Originally written by radix malorum est cupiditas:

quote:
Originally written by ef:

There's a catholic movement called [removed]. Are you a member?
Please remove that from your post. It is an insult to Judaism to have a name that God uses to describe Himself (and I think only Him, maybe a few prophets and/or angels also use it), casually flung about as if it were just any other name.

I also find it ironic that Christians use that name; because afaik, that name is used only in the Torah and not in the New Testament or any other writings.

The super-orthodox opprobrium on writing the name of God is not based on a fear of mere debasement of the name.

quote:

By the way, The Torah and the new testament belong together. They're both true and are about the same thing.
They do not, and they are not.

[ Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:14: Message edited by: Maimonides ]

Pages