SupaNik, will you be my valentine?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SupaNik, will you be my valentine?
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #75
Actually, it's something like:

Hug the World and Carry a Big Slith Spear.

EDIT: And you raise the point of any typing system, which you know at least as well as I do, considering your background in MBT. It's limited and tends to put people into boxes they don't appreciate. MBT uses four axes (that's plural of axis, not weaponry), which intuitively suggests how limited a breakdown it is. It isn't about to get at the nuances of anyone's personality that an 8 axis system might do a bit better, for instance. And there is no system which comes close to truly pinning down inscrutable, irreplaceable, one and only you after all.

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 17:06: Message edited by: Synergy ]

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #76
Which reminds me:

Delicious Vlish — The Big Poke™

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #77
quote:
Originally written by Synergy:

And you raise the point of any typing system, which you know at least as well as I do, considering your background in MBT. It's limited and tends to put people into boxes they don't appreciate. MBT uses four axes (that's plural of axis, not weaponry), which intuitively suggests how limited a breakdown it is. It isn't about to get at the nuances of anyone's personality that an 8 axis system might do a bit better, for instance. And there is no system which comes close to truly pinning down inscrutable, irreplaceable, one and only you after all.
True. Personally, I find that the whole system is most useful when used as it was designed; to describe and identify the cognitive functions.

As a side note: An MBTI workshop teacher I know recently clarified that many experts consider F-T, at least, to not quite an axis as some view Fi, Fe, Ti, and Te as somewhat independant rational processes.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #78
quote:
Originally written by Archmage Alex:

An MBTI workshop teacher I know recently clarified that many experts consider F-T, at least, to not quite an axis as some view Fi, Fe, Ti, and Te as somewhat independant rational processes.
I personally agree. I am a strong F, yet I do a hella lot of analytical thinking too, so that some people who usually don't know me well yet comment on that aspect. I don't think of T-F as part of the same continuum as it may be presented, but both are independent qualities. One could be high in both, and therefore relate well to a strongly Feeling person or a strong Thinker, but it would chart out as a middle of the axis rating after an MBT test.

--------------------
A4 Items List A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List G4 Insidious Infiltrator NR Items List
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #79
*nod* to what Alex said.
In my eyes, Fi and Ti are points on the same continuum, and likewise Fe and Te; there are really two functions at work (say, Ji and Je).

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #80
I am a consistent IS_J. Depending on mood, I'll be F or T. F is the result I get more often, and whether or not I end up F or T, it's always 50% for that.

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 18:28: Message edited by: dareva ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #81
I don't take personality tests seriously.

What Leibnizian category will you shove me into next?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #82
All the Keirsey/MBTI tests I've seen, which have been mostly but not exclusively disreputable, have suffered from confirmation bias. You tell the test what you're like and then, lo and behold, it can tell you what you're like, on average! Well, mostly what you're like, but the wrong parts aren't so important, right?

It's entertaining, but I'm not sure I have much faith in the MBTI's psychological underpinnings.

—Alorael, who could arbitrarily come up with any number of axes upon which judge people and divide them into 2^n categories.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #83
Well, it's nothing to live your life by. Merely a thing by which you can amuse and divert folk. It's always fun, for example, to watch someone who believes in these things wholeheartedly to try to come to terms with results that don't accord with what they think they're like. You can almost hear the sound of their brains exploding.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #84
E.D.F, will you be my valentine?

[ Tuesday, February 14, 2006 20:14: Message edited by: Spring ]

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #85
How many Valentines does E.D.F. need?

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #86
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

How many Valentines does E.D.F. need?
One can never have enough.

Ever.

Ahem, and on that note, I'd like to accept Ed's offer.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #87
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

I know a lovely small cafe in Amsterdam *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #88
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, The flying Dutchmen:

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!

I know a lovely small cafe in Amsterdam *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*

Are you hinting at something? I'm not sure...

And so, lets have it. How many valentines did we all get? I got a big fat zero. None. Zilch. I did get a kiss though. So the universe balanced itself out there.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #89
Thankfully, I did not get any. One of my friends was giving candy to people in the music department at school though and she gave me one of the ones without cyanide in it. :)

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #90
One of my peers sent a Valo-gram (a love song, sung by the choir) to a conservative teacher's podium and signed it Al Gore.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #91
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

One of my peers sent a Valo-gram (a love song, sung by the choir) to a conservative teacher's podium and signed it Al Gore.

Dikiyoba.

That is simply awesome...

No valentines here, but I don't really care... a stable relationship is so much better.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #92
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik *:

[QUOTE]One can never have enough.

I dispute that. One can be exactly enough, if it's the right one. :)

Went to an outdoor cinema last night to watch some romantic flick. Took me until I was walking out to realise why it was so packed. Meh.
Apprentice
Member # 6607
Profile #93
I didn't receive any. I didn't even get to spend the day with Alyssa :( . But we spent saturday together and I got a kiss so I guess "Valentines Day" was better than usual.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #94
Dikiyoba's opinion of Valentine's Day:

Bah, humbug.
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #95
IMAGE(http://www.qwantz.com/comics/comic2-749.png)
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #96
quote:
Originally written by Nicothodes:

Thankfully, I did not get any. One of my friends was giving candy to people in the music department at school though and she gave me one of the ones without cyanide in it. :)
Nico, didn't you at least give someone special an affectionate jab with your pen?

--------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #97
The amount of attention Synergy is paying Nico lately is not making this topic less creepy.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Apprentice
Member # 6607
Profile #98
Being in highschool I see the whole "Valentines day is so stupid I'm glad I didn't get any valentines/ a date". Kind of sad that it really tears them apart.

I guess thats a way to keep yourself from getting hurt. Pretend you didn't want it in the first place. Playground Psycology 101.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #99
Geez, Ash, if I spend time playing with my friends' kids or playing with my nieces or counseling teens, is that creepy too? I enjoy people of all ages, but I'll state plainly, if it helps, that I love women, not girls.

Haven't you seen me razzin' a certain someone around here all the time about his little fixation on Rosycat and Japanese girls? That's not some kind of weird displacement going on. It creeps me out too.

I do find Nico very amusing. So sue me, I guess. ;)

--------------------

Pages