SupaNik, will you be my valentine?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SupaNik, will you be my valentine?
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #25
It worries me because it's like he's saying "Hey, could somebody stalk me too? I feel so alone." The gay doesn't come into it. Well, maybe it adds a bit of icing to the cake.

I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm as intolerant and homophobic as the next guy. But that has nothing to do with this topic.

EDIT: Thuryl is a dirty CHEAT!

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 17:58: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6388
Profile #26
I'll level with you, Creator. I've been through three women in the last half year and I don't think I understand them at all. The last one I ended up falling head over heels for and she's still sort of a friend, but it's all cold and mean and Valentine's Day is two days away and I just want someone to love.

So: would you ask Thuryl to be my valentine?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
IMAGE(http://perso.wanadoo.fr/integristebd/corbendream/importimg/creepy.jpg)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #28
Valentines day has a way of making people, not in relationships, feel like worthless garbage.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

Valentines day has a way of making people, not in relationships, feel like worthless garbage.
Yes, quite true. And the hyper-commercialization allows the media to make said singles feel worse.

I remember that feeling well. Personally, seeing couples actually going along with the holiday was always enough to make me feel murderous.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #30
quote:
Originally written by Belisarius:

So: would you ask Thuryl to be my valentine?
You know, men have a lot more respect for you if you have the courage to ask them out yourself.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Enraged Slith:

The mysterious "they" just love it when people give in! Makes it easier.

Let's get back to the important aspect of the holiday--the overpriced, overpackaged chocolate.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #32
You can always just send a handmade card instead. Makes you seem thoughtful and costs nothing except your time. Expensive gifts are for the lazy and uncreative.

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 21:22: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #33
Why not buy the last of bargain-bin Christmas chocolate for Valentines day?

Edit: You could also send handmade chocolate.

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 21:19: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #34
Actually, I give people baked goods for Valentine's Day. I tend to keep the chocolate for myself.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #35
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Heck, if you've got the time and inclination, why not use Halloween to supply yourself for Valentines' Day? Months-old chocolate somehow seems more trustworthy than homemade chocolate...

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #36
Sweet :D . Who wouldn't want little pumpkins and black cats for Valentines.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Heck, if you've got the time and inclination, why not use Halloween to supply yourself for Valentines' Day? Months-old chocolate somehow seems more trustworthy than homemade chocolate...

Depending on what kind of homemade chocolate it is, it could be good. One year, I melted down one of those huge Hershey bars and poured it into little heart-shaped cookie cutters for my girlfriend. It turned out pretty well, and she seemed to like it.

[ Sunday, February 12, 2006 22:33: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"You're drinking liquor because you're thirsty? How nasty is your freaking water?" —Lazarus
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

You know, men have a lot more respect for you if you have the money to buy them luxarious gifts.
FYT :P

This topic is kinda freaky. But no more so than my MSN conversations with the Ed-meister. Just yesterday I didn't respond quickly enough, and he asked "Where the (bleep) are you Nikki??".

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #39
Yes, there are some people on here who do that, and it's a bit annoying...

*Looks at no female Spiderweb member in particular.*

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #40
You know what's wrong with MSN (and any other chat thing)? That for a conversation you normally would take three minutes to have, you take half an hour! Could somebody tell me why this is? I mean... Why not simply call, actually.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Tyranicus:

Depending on what kind of homemade chocolate it is, it could be good. One year, I melted down one of those huge Hershey bars and poured it into little heart-shaped cookie cutters for my girlfriend. It turned out pretty well, and she seemed to like it.
That's actually rather impressive. Wouldn't have thought of that in a million years...

But I meant actual homemade, not just home-molded.

EDIT: Stupid tags.

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 07:46: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, The flying Dutchmen:

You know what's wrong with MSN (and any other chat thing)? That for a conversation you normally would take three minutes to have, you take half an hour! Could somebody tell me why this is? I mean... Why not simply call, actually.
Thankfully, with the advance of instant text messaging, we are no longer under time pressure when answering. There go the long awkward pauses and stammering replies.

As a side note, there go the phonebills, but with Skype that issue becomes moot anyway.

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Warrior
Member # 6759
Profile Homepage #43
That is the beauty of messenger, you can actually think over what you are going to say before you say it. And if the conversation runs dry you can think of another topic in 5 minutes and blame your absence on some excuse like "brb toilet".
Not that i do that of course, just hypothetically.

Checking back at a recent 5 hour long msn conversation i had it consisted of just over 4,500 words. That's pretty good seeing as if it was a real face to face conversation it would probobly have run out about 2 hours earlier.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by karin.exe:

Checking back at a recent 5 hour long msn conversation i had it consisted of just over 4,500 words. That's pretty good seeing as if it was a real face to face conversation it would probobly have run out about 2 hours earlier.
Ditto. I've had staggeringly long conversations using both MSN Messenger, and my mobile phone (via text messaging). And, in both cases, the lack of any face-to-facedness, for lack of correct terminology, as actual helped prolong the chat.

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #45
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik *:

quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

You know, men have a lot more respect for you if you have the money to buy them luxurious gifts.
FYT :P

Fixed your typo!

—Alorael, who needs to point out that while instant messaging can lead to unusually long conversations, it also leads to an uncommonly high level of content-free communication.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #46
quote:
Originally written by Induced Post Contents:

—Alorael, who needs to point out that while instant messaging can lead to unusually long conversations, it also leads to an uncommonly high level of content-free communication.
Damn ye and your superior seplling abilites. :P

And I don't think that [about IMing] is necessarily the case. One example - a girl I go to college with hardly talks to me at school, but we have these great conversations through text messaging and online instant messaging. It's quite scary...

[ Monday, February 13, 2006 08:51: Message edited by: SupaNik * ]

--------------------
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #47
I find that the quality of the output of IM communication depends a lot on who I'm talking to. I too have friends who I can have long, stimulating conversations with online, but not at all in person. But there are others who I have an instant connection with in person, but online, conversation quickly decays.

I think it has to do with the conversational dynamics. Everyone has a different general style of conversation (proactivity vs. reactivity, speed, verbosity, depth of topic penetration) and moreover, we all alter these in subtle but non-random ways when touching on different topics. That's part of what makes some people easier to hold a long conversation with than others. But online, the ground rules are different, so conversational styles interact with each other in very different ways.

One thing in particular I've noticed: my general approach to conversation is more reactive than proactive. With others who are similar, real life conversations tend to quickly degenerate if we don't have something specific we need to talk about. Online, the opposite is true. Not only does text sit there forever, daring you to respond to it, but it's easy to pursue several different lines of conversation simultaneously with the same person, which means both of us can bring up tangents to our heart's content.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #48
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar the Grey:

*Looks at no female Spiderweb member in particular.*
But you do take hours to answer. I mean, if you're going to take a shower Aran, you should at least put an away message and not have me wait around like an idiot.
Anyways, I prefer aim over msn, although msn has those lovely winks, since at least you don't have people annoying you with those "nudges" every five minutes. Since the creations of nudges my block list on msn has increased substantially.
Well, I'm very talkative (stop laughing, I know you all know) so I've never had trouble talking to someone face to face or on the phone. I do prefer the phone, cuz as someone said you could say in 10 min what it takes hours to type, but I understand online conversations. I mean:
1) I can chat online while taking class
2) I can multi-task while chatting
3) And it’s cheaper, since it's free

I, for one, have had online conversations for about 8 hours long. One may wonder what can you possibly say in 8 hours, but hey give me a hot attractive intelligent funny and lovely guy and you got me hook.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Selima:

...give me a hot attractive intelligent funny and lovely guy and you got me hook.
Is that all? Man, I never realised women were so easy to impress.

--------------------

Pages