Do you like school?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Do you like school?
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #0
I figure that since school is starting soon, we need to know your feelings toward it.
Yet another useless poll from me :) .

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 45 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ZWfIyoqvQbTf"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ZWfIyoqvQbTf"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #1
I don't like the institution, but I like learning and being educated. And pushing my mind to it's limits. And, more than anything I like the people.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #2
I hate school with all of my heart. Don't ask me why.

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
I hate school with all of my heart. Don't ask me why. -- Deomon-Kid
Yea! Someone who understands my way of thinking!

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Demon-Kid:

I hate school with all of my heart. Don't ask me why.
yup

(no I hate school)

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 06:19: Message edited by: Hawk King ]

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #5
I really disliked k-12, but now that I'm in college I love going to school. I get to take the classes I want, and chose what time of day I go to school. My high school didn't offer very many science classes, and you get to work in a lab in college. I'm there because I want to be, so it doesn't feel forced on me the way high school did.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
Hate going back again to school. But bow I did have my first day of school I'm getting in the mood. I finally got to pick things I like, and not what I HAVE to do. Like geography. Gosh, I hate that. Now I don't have to do that anymore. I like my school, but some more vacation is always welcome (vacation in which I can hopefully finish my scenario that's now come to a stop with school coming).

--------------------
Thralni's almighty Avernum pages: My webpage, containing scenario's and graphics made by me (And maybe someday the homepage of the almighty chicken gods).

Click here for more information on Olga's fortune teller kiosk

Olga's fortune teller kiosk has been temporarily closed down, but you can contact the prophet with a PM - Was signed by the prophet of the almighty chicken gods, gods of everything that is a chicken.

Work has begun on the Nephilian grammar and vocabulary guide!
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
I really disliked k-12, but now that I'm in college I love going to school. I get to take the classes I want, and chose what time of day I go to school.
I agree, college rules, and K-12 sucks!
Well really, only 4-12 sucks, because K-3 was really easy.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 07:54: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

I like learning and being educated. And pushing my mind to it's limits.
Ditto, which is why I hate school. All the work I've had so far is hardly challenging. But my first day of school is coming up. Unfortunantly, I was prohibited from picking a foreign language class (transferring from one school to another can make it so hard to get what I want), and my selection of classes hardly had anything I liked. And there was still no opportunities to learn ancient Norse!

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 08:42: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
*Blue screen error*
NONEXISTANT WINDOWS ERROR
Windows detects no current errors, so Windows has decided
to screw around with the files until one occurs.

If you never rise against your oppressor, then you've already lost.
-Zephyr Tempest, your personal entertainer
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #9
I'm thoroughly enjoying my first week of law school. :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
The farther I progress in school, the more I like it. I didn't much like the earlier grades (3, 4, 5) but the second half of high school was okay, and college is great. It didn't get really good until year 2, but now it's going pretty well.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #11
Most of my school years were rather pointless. High school was only good as a means of socialization, but nothing else. It was until I started college last week that things got better. Like someone mentioned already, you choose your times and the classes.

The only downside is paying for your education now (of course, parents payed their part with taxes and all...unless they didn't) is that a lot of young adults have to take out student loans with financial aid if you lack the budget to pay the tuition. I, on the other hand, do not worry with such financial obligations as I have scholarships to back me up for at least 3 years. (hopefully an internship will pay the rest)

College is a heck of a lot better than K-12, and I like every minute of it.

I also chose to go to college as well. Nobody forced me into it. Of course, I do know some people that use college as a way to party all night long and waste their parents' money for it...

Oh, I wonder on what's the average age that people go to college. Is it 18 nowadays? I'm only 17 and I just started at USC (Southern Cali., not South Carolina) a week ago...

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 09:37: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #12
I think mt current scholl is OK, but sometimes the getting up early is just TOO yucky.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #13
I hated school all the time I was at public school(pre-K through beginning of 4th and a month of 6th), but other than that school was okay, but this week I have started high school at an art school and I love it!!!! :D I get to play my cello for half the school day!!!!

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
I get to take the classes I want, and chose what time of day I go to school. -- Zaiu
Ya! College rocks. Can't wait till I'm there. All my classes will be at night so I can sleep until 1 in the afternoon. :D

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Diarog Lethuta:

quote:
I get to take the classes I want, and chose what time of day I go to school. -- Zaiu
Ya! College rocks. Can't wait till I'm there. All my classes will be at night so I can sleep until 1 in the afternoon. :D

-- Diarog Lethuta

Heh. At least you wouldn't have to worry anymore on waking up early. Do most colleges follow the MWF,TR and/or MTWRF format with classes nowadays or is it different from college to college?

Edit: Double negative in a sentence leading to inproper sentence structure.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 12:40: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #16
From the looks of your spelling, it seems some of you really NEED to go to school!

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #17
I liked it, mostly for the people. The waking up early thing I couldn't take very well. :P

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #18
Who can actually answer yes to that question? We should answer No even if we do like it; no one should ever know the truth.

Now K-8 I didn't really like. It was fairly anoying, and I had to wear an ugly yellow uniform. High School was awsome; I really liked it. The classes were fairly easy, and I had my best friends with me at all times. Nevertheless, as everyone else said College is the best. You get to make your own schedule with the classes you want, and you don't feel that force that tells you that you have to be there. You are there because you want to. But nothing and I say nothing beats vacation. Therefore, no matter how much I like college, I still prefer being on vacation.

Edit: Yay to me and my last week of vacation. :cool:

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 16:59: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Now K-12 I didn't really like... High School was awsome; I really liked it.
I understand that ambivalence towards high school is common, but it's usually stated separately rather than by overlap. Or did you hate 11th grade but enjoy your junior year of high school?

—Alorael, who has never lived a life (that he can recall) without going to school, so he doesn't have any firm grounds for comparison. On the whole, though, he'd say that school is more good than bad.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #20
Isn't 12th grade senior year? I loved most of K-12. I'd say 7th grade was my hardest year since I had very few friends in the same classes as me. If ever I have the chance, I hope to go back to school. For nursing or accounting or... I don't really care what, just to feel productive again.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #21
I'm sorry I meant K-8, which would be Elementary and Junior High. I liked every year of High School specially the last two.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #22
School is absolutely awesome. Free and interactive learning with licensed professionals and cool classmates. Enough said.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Lifecrafter
Member # 1468
Profile Homepage #23
They may be licensed, but that doesn't mean that public school teachers are professionals. I taught more QBASIC (programming language) than I learned in my computer class in high school. But, like it has been previously stated, college is wayyyy better. The chicken strips in the cafeteria are made of REAL chicken, and not that pressed crap Chicken McNuggets are made of. We get real shrimp too!

quote:
Heh. At least you wouldn't have to worry anymore on waking up early. Do most colleges follow the MWF,TR and/or MTWRF format with classes nowadays or is it different from college to college?
It varies from college to college, and sometimes from class to class.
Like, I have a class I have only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and then another at a different time on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, but all my others I have the same time every day Mon-Fri.

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 17:40: Message edited by: Eldibs ]

--------------------
"We can learn a lot from crayons. Some are short, some are dull, some are sharp, some are tall. Some have funny names and they are all different colors, but they all learn to live in the same box."

"Happy is the man that has wisdom and gets discernment. For having wisdom as gain is better than having silver as gain and having wisdom as produce is better than gold itself" Proverbs 3:14-3:15

The horrible part about life is, you'll never get out of it alive.

Currently boycotting: AngelFire, GameFAQ's
Everybody should go to this site at least once.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #24
Perhaps the best part about college is freedom. In high school, students are typically stuck in a classroom with no power to simply walk out, unless they had a good reason for it. In college, you can walk out of class and no one would care. As long as you somehow get and learn the material required for class, you can miss most of the days of a class and just show up on test days and ace everything if you were good enough.

Of course, only some college classes would let you do that. There are other classes that require "homework", "attendance", or "class participation". I like the general format of a lot of college classes, just being graded on tests and nothing else. It's more simplistic.

Edit: I just follow the format of taking 2 classes on MWF and another 2 classes on TR. It's relatively balanced and all are in the morning to mid afternoon.

Edit 2: Do many of you college members attend lecture room style classrooms (meaning around 100+ students in a room) or the traditional classrooms? (meaning around 10-25 students) Just curious. I also realize that I edit more than I post...sad...

[ Thursday, August 25, 2005 18:43: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------

Pages