Who's your favorite villain?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who's your favorite villain?
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
Who is your favorite bad guy/gal or villain in genres such as video games, movies, life, etc...

You can list more than one villain/bad guy/gal if you wish.

Edit: This may seem obvious, but a female villain is a villainess, right? Thanks to Bandwagon x3 for this correction.

Edit 2: Thanks to Aran for finding my typos of the word "villian" to change it to "villain"

[ Thursday, August 18, 2005 04:23: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #1
Sephirot. My all-time favorit Villain. I know I can think of several other good ones, but he is the only one that comes to mind, and he deserves the #1 spot.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Who is your favorite bad guy/gal or villian in genres such as video games, movies, life, etc...

You can list more than one villian/bad guy/gal if you wish.

Edit: This may seem obvious, but a female villian is a villianess, right?

It's spelled villain.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #3
Ahnold.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
I'm going to have to go with Sephiroth from FFVII also...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
Angel Eyes ("The Bad") from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
Darth Vader from Star Wars.

The Ogre from Quake.

Nazi soldier #238 from Saving Private Ryan.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #7
Scorpius from Farscape—probably one of the most fascinating characters to ever appear on television

IMAGE(http://www.sadgeezer.com/farscape/episode-19-nerve/images/farscape-10-30_jpg.jpg)

The Master from Doctor Who—he's unkillable, and he's got a cool beard!

IMAGE(http://www.home.earthlink.net/~icshi/TheMaster-PlanetOfFire.jpg)

Sauron from Lord of the Rings—He's a big red floating ætherial eyeball of pure corrupted evil. You can't beat that!

IMAGE(http://www.freewebs.com/lazerous47/eye-of-sauron.jpeg)

The Overmind from Starcraft—A bit like Sauron, but this eye is gooey. And it wants to infest you...

IMAGE(http://img43.exs.cx/img43/5432/overmind21hv.gif)

General Grievous from Star Wars: Clone Wars and Revenge of the Sith—lightsabers deluxe

IMAGE(http://www.beyazperde.com/images/haber/5628-star-e.jpg)

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #8
Sauron was never a big floating eye-ball made of fire. It was only meant as a more visible interpretation of what Tolkien meant...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
Satan: The poor Adversary gets a tough job and no appreciation for doing it. Then God stabs him in the back. He deserves a nod of recognition for his accidental villainy!

Morgoth: If your underlings are as evil as Sauron, you're one villainous villain.

Cardinal Richelieu: In fact and in fiction, he's the realpolitik mastermind from the time before realpolitik existed. Maybe not a villain per se, but certainly villified.

Lord Foul: Anyone who can pull off a name like that without being a joke is a true villain indeed. He also manages to be nearly as implied as Sauron.

Keyser Soze: An explanation isn't fair, but if you know Keyser Soze, you accept his villainy.

—Alorael, who can also list a bunch of dictators, both the forthright kind and the banana republic kind, some warlords, and the like from real life. He'd mention George Bush for the sake of those who enjoy blaming Dubya, but to be fair, even Bush at his worst is peanuts compared to the real villains of history.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #10
I sense a dejá-vu. Wise Man against Siberia and Secretariat against Alciabades, anyone?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Apprentice
Member # 6214
Profile Homepage #11
X-Men's Magneto, because he was a survivor.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #12
Vahkohs, powerful vampire and lord of undead who just doesn't stay destroyed and has a vanishing tower!

Magneto is also a good one. Most of my other favorite villians are a bit obscure. Like Nalar, the mad god of Midkemia. You can't even think his name without drawing his attention and he's in another universe and imprisoned by the other gods!

For an villainous (sp?) race I have to choose the Valheru, also from the Midkemian universe. Really powerful overlords of the elvish races who ride dragons and plunder entire worlds!

[ Wednesday, August 17, 2005 16:37: Message edited by: Archmage Alex ]

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #13
Alex from a clockwork orange
IMAGE(http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/675000/images/_677288_clockwork_orange_300.jpg)

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #14
I really have to start answering my own question when I create topic threads.

Bad guy wise, gotta be Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7. He was the guy to hate...and poor Cloud, being twisted in his own memories with Zach and all... :D

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #15
I haven't seen A Clockwork Orange, but I did read the book. Alex was certainly an unusual villain. (Incidentally, Wendy Carlos did the music for the film. Very good soundtrack! I like all of Carlos' work.)

I forgot to mention Mojo Jojo as one of my favorites. Though not exactly on par with the great villains, and is more of a joke really. But I love the way he talks on and on about his evil plans. I used to have a plush toy of him sitting on top of my printer!

IMAGE(http://zed1.com/images/mojo.gif)

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #16
Pontius Pilate. Washes hands, tortured soul, clash of cultures... where would literature be today without him?

MacBeth. Fun to play.

The sniper from Phonebooth... just... because.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #17
Lord Foul from the Chronicles of Thomas Covenant: Increbibly manipulative.

Lord Voldemort from Harry Potter: Increbibly ruthless and cruel.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #18
I think I'd have to go with Darth Vader as well. He was a great villan.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #19
It's also spelled villainess.

Aside from that:

The Master from Fallout 1. The perfect tragic, deluded villain, trying to destroy humanity for the good of humanity.

Morgoth from LoTR. This one needs no explanation.

Lord Foul from the Covenant books. He's at least as evil and corrupting as Morgoth, but he has a significantly less cool name.

Nuurag-Vaarn from ADOM. I have lost more characters to Nuurag-Vaarn than any other enemy in the game.

Honorable Mentions:

Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars

Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft.

Macbeth from Macbeth.

LeChuck from Monkey Island.

Raistlin from Dragonlance.

SHODAN from System Shock II.

Sepiroth from FF7. Even though I hate FF7.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
Morgoth has already been said, but he's up there. Darth Vader wasn't the best villain, since he went good at the end, but he's also up amongst the front-runners.

My ultimate favourite though, would have to be Margaret Thatcher! No, just kidding, it's Alex, from "A Clockwork Orange". I find him much more interesting then any other bad guy.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #21
Hmm, an interesting villain with my name. Perhaps I shall read/see this "A Clockwork Orange".

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Warrior
Member # 1320
Profile #22
Sarah Kerrigan from Starcraft (allready said, I know)

Lord Hong, Terry Patchett, Interesting Times. This one is a classic. All the bad guys that ever were made into one. With style.

Tartarus, from Halo 2. You like him in the beginning of the game, and the when he backstabs you you want to poke his eyes out with a rusty dagger.

--------------------
-Step aside, worthy adversary!
-T'is but a scratch!
-A scratch! Your arms off!
(pause)
-I've had worse!
-You liar!
-C'mon, you pansy!
(Fighting continues.)
-Allright. We'll call it a draw then.
-Oh I see. Running away are we? You yellow bastard! Come back here and take whats coming for you! I'll bite your legs off!

"You know that you've played Halo 2 to much when you sit down for dinner, pick your fork up, look at the knife, and in the corner of your vision, you see *Press X to pick up Press Y to dual wield*"
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #23
An addition to my original post, Locutus...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #24
Conroy Bumpus from Sam & Max: Hit the Road.

"You don't know who John Murr is?!"

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00

Pages