Scariest thing...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scariest thing...
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
By scariest thing, I mean a moment in your life in which you were scared stiff, whether it was a scary movie/video game, something very horrible that you've witnessed first hand, etc..

To me, it was playing Fatal Frame 2 for the first time on the PS2 scared me a whole lot at first, then it took me a while to get used to the game, that was until I tried to play the game at night with all the lights turned off and I couldn't sleep that morning.

EDIT: Come to think of it, ever since I played Fatal Frame 2 on that fatful night w/o lights, I never had the courage to play it again. Perhaps I should try playing it again tonight.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 19:20: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #1
Myst really creeped me out when I was six. Seeing Achenar's room full of torture implements in the Mechanical Age scarred me forever.

Note that this isn't really a spoiler, if you don't know about Myst.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #2
Something like ten years ago I opened my closet door and saw what I was absolutely certain was a ghost (I called it a phantom) glaring down at me. I slammed the door shut, flew out of my room and out of the house, and just stood there in my yard trying to collect myself for a minute or two. It was several months before I worked up the courage to open the closet door again. To this day I have no idea what it was that I actually saw.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #3
Um, that is a very hard question. I've been scared of a lot of things in my life, and it's really hard to pick just one.

The top two are the following:

A couple of years ago my best friend and I were on our way to my house. It was really late and dark, when we saw a couple of guys walking towards us. They started to flirt and grab our and touch us, and it was sooooo scary. I thought they were going to rape us or something, but we had Pepper spray and used it well. Then we ran as fast as we could and got home pretty fast. Since that day, I've never left the house without pepper spray or walk that late around my house.

Um, recently I had a pretty scary moment, but it was a different type of fear. I've always been afraid of heights; I even got scared by being in the six floor and looking down. Anyways, I was at the water park with my best friend, and I promised myself to go through the water slide. Well, in order to get to the top you needed to go up the stairs and it was sooooooo high. I kept grabbing her hand and trying to stop myself from looking down, but as soon as I got to the top I felt so proud of myself that I tried it a couple of times more.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #4
I have a number of incidents (incidenti?) involving the "supernatural", but I can't recall any specifically.

Pretty much anything involving spiders. I was putting on a shirt one time, and there was a spider in it. Needless to say I freaked out. Spiders are the only things that really do that to me, for some reason.

I also remember being startled stiff while playing Duke Nukem 3D (I know, right?). Nah, actually it was those little green slime things that crawl up you and start munching on your face. I couldn't ever bring myself to actually play the levels with that particular monster, so I'd put on cheat codes and cover the entire map with rockets. Those face-eaters just startled the living crap out of me.

And... getting arrested was pretty scary :P .

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Slp006:

Myst really creeped me out when I was six. Seeing Achenar's room full of torture implements in the Mechanical Age scarred me forever.
Hey, me too! And that animated version of Watership down - oh, the horror.

Most scared I've ever been was once when my Dad said he'd skin me alive if I didn't shut the gate properly and the sheep got out of the yards. See, my Dad had never failed to deliver on a threat up to that point. I thought he meant it. And I'd helped skin sheep plenty of times, so I knew what was involved. I was utterly traumatized.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #6
Damn Ash, that was pretty harsh. My parents used to scare me all the time, but it had more to do with sending me to live with my aunt than to skin me alive.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #7
I was walking at night with my best friend (about four years ago, so I was 17), and we had smoked a decent amount of Skribbane. We were very happy and laughing; everything was going well until a woman in all black walked out of an alley we passed. She walked behind us for about a block, and we thought nothing of it. After about three blocks we started to get a little paranoid, so we walked in strange directions (go west, north, west, north..) to see if she would stop following us; she didn't. When she had fallowed us for about eight blocks we ran for the nearest main street. That lady fallowed us every turn and every street crossing (left side of the street to right, and back again).

I never get paranoid from Skribbane, but that was very scary. I don't know why she did that, and she disappeared when we got to the main street. I feel like looking behind me just thinking about it.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 20:15: Message edited by: Zaiu ]

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #8
I haven't ever really been afraid of anything until recently. A few weeks ago I started having hallucinations, nothing much, just seeing lights that weren't there and cars that weren't there when we got over a rise and colours etc that didn't exsist in that place. It was actually pretty cool until about 3 nights ago when a white light started shining on my book shelf around every minute. It was messed up becuase there was no light source there and no light was shinning on it. I was a little worried about this, but then I closed my eyes to ignore it and in my head I saw red eyes and then jagged blue/grey hands choking me and then some wierd face, that wasn't human guarnteed, flashed over my face and then I opened my eyes. I got really worried from this and didn't go to sleep for a few hours. It was really messed up that my mind would produce that sort of image when I wasn't even thinking about that. I don't know whether I should go to the doc about the hallucinations or not though. He'd probably just label me as insane.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #9
Hmm...interesting scary things that people have experienced first hand around here. Anyone have any uncommon phobias by any chance, besides spiders and heights?

By uncommon phobias, like a fear of clowns or a fear of going to the dentist or something like that...

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Damn Ash, that was pretty harsh. My parents used to scare me all the time, but it had more to do with sending me to live with my aunt than to skin me alive.
Don't imagine my old man is a monster, he's a really good bloke. Thing is, his own father wasn't much fun to grow up around, so he made sure he didn't do any of the stuff that he hated when he was a kid. He never got angry and delivered a boot up the backside, he'd tell us what the rules were, what the punishment was if we broke them, and carried out those punishments calmly and consistently. He used to get told stuff like "I wish I'd hit you on the head with a hammer when you were born," so he made sure he didn't say things he didn't mean. All very admirable, but the side effect was that one day when things had been going badly and he was in a bad mood he said something carelessly and terrified me out of my eight year old mind. :)

It was six years before my parents realized that the reason I was so upset was that I thought he'd actually meant it.

--------------------
Sex is easier than love.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Jeros:

Hmm...interesting scary things that people have experienced first hand around here. Anyone have any uncommon phobias by any chance, besides spiders and heights?

By uncommon phobias, like a fear of clowns or a fear of going to the dentist or something like that...

I used to have a phobia of satellites.

I'd explain why, but it's more fun to let people guess.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 23:41: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #12
UM...because you thought that they were going to kill you?

The scariest thing that has happened to me would either be my grandad having bowel cancer, or my friend having cancer now. It would be out of them two.

Actually, it would be one thing I found out today that is not really scary, but really sad - my friends brother commiting suicide.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Slp006:

Note that this isn't really a spoiler, if you don't know about Myst.

A kindred soul! :D

I remember getting goosebumps all over, and my dad had to go through that level while I was watching, because I couldn't.

But the most scary things when I was little I just can't remember. My mother tells me I had some trouble with seeing weird patterns in some everyday things. Apparently, I screamed at the top of my lungs upon seeing a desktop lamp, and I always claimed the 'P' in some kind of alphabet poster over my bed was looking angry.
Oh, and I saw a face in the toilet flushing grip. There was a time my mother had to put a sock over it or I wouldn't go to the bathroom. ^_^
At the age of 2, I ran down a corridor in the apartment building we lived in (that was in Manhattan), rounded a corner and saw a towering Mexican with a sombrero, etched as a shadow against the sun behind him. For some reason, this image was so terrifying I turned around and ran back screaming. The poor man was awfully embarassed. >_<

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #14
Did you wear aluminum foil on your head to keep the government from hearing your thoughts Thuryl? Or were you afraid that one would come crashing down where you live?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #15
I can't remember the scariest thing, I have a bad memory for those thigs, I just kind of forget them, that's good I guess. I don't have any irrational phobias thankfully.

To the guy afraid of satellites, my guess is you were afraid of them suddenly falling over you at great speed and killing you?

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #16
I remember a commercial about a satellite falling into a bunch of pillows on top of a trailer...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #17
I am ridiculously afraid of the dark, to the point of feeling very uneasy if it's night-time and there's a window from which I can see out into the night, even if there's lights on in the room I am in.

I was also pretty creeped out by Achenar's secret room, although not as much as I was by the Whark Gallows in Myst II. That place was goddamned scary to a seven-year-old.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 04:57: Message edited by: Dim mnikr = Dallerdin As String ]

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #18
The worst scare for me was the pregnancy scare (those who have experienced this know). Fortunately, it was a false alarm.

Playing the original Resident Evil in the dark with surround sound was also pretty scary. Definitely a different kind of scare though. I've also never been able to watch horror films.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

The worst scare for me was the pregnancy scare (those who have experienced this know). Fortunately, it was a false alarm.
You'll want children some time, no? :P

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #20
But not until you're ready, it's such a huge step to take.

EDIT: Scariest thing I've seen today: IMAGE(http://i.mugglenet.com/gothtrio.jpg)
I like it tho.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:42: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

I couldn't help but laugh at this! The only way it could have been more funny was if it was "THE Pregnancy Scare". That would have been perfect.

Well, I have two equally scary moments. One is a deep, heavy feeling of fear, the other one a moment of shock/terror.

One involves the love of my life and a busy road. I won't say more.

The other is less nasty - playing Silent Hill in a darkened room, with surround sound. For anyone who knows the game, you could tell when a monster was near because your radio buzzed. Well, my friend crept into the room while I was playing it, and turned the radio on, and began tuning it. I have never jumped so high!

EDIT: Actually, scrub that. In response to the above photo, Harry Potter as a goth wins.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 05:27: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #22
I've had several uneasy experiences, but this goes above all. You see, I was walking trough a snowy field like every schoolday in winter, when suddenly I became sure that somebody was watching me. Then I suddenly realized that there was this guy walking ahead of me who looked awfully familiar...

This weird illusion lasted for about five seconds, and it made me extremely paranoid for several days. Imagining somebody is behind you is one thing but when that 'somebody' is your own self, then it is quite another...

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #23
I hope you were just day-dreaming during a boring walk to school? o_o

To me, what's most disturbing about that picture is how normal I think Ron/Hermione look.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 05:36: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #24
That picture is just damned cool. I practically love it. Ron actually reminds me of a couple of guys over at my school. They're tutors and in the student body. Sweet, no? :P

Also, about Myst, I don't find Achenar's room very frightening, but I first got there when I was 15 or so, so it wasn't a big deal. What frightens me to this day about that game are some of the underground narrow tunnels. I have to take a deep breath and remind myself that there aren't any people in the game who could come after my character while I'm going there.
Still, when I'm going back I end up clicking madly till I'm outside the whole building and then I still have to check behind my character to see that no one's there. It's creepy. A sort of game claustrophobia.

Otherwise, just spiders and certain social incidents. Going to places where I haven't been before to see someone I've never talked with before freaks me out. Today I had to go to the bank to get my new card, and I had to beg my mum to go with me because I couldn't go alone. Not like it was a big deal afterwards. I just asked it, gave my ID card and got the card.
Scary.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?

Pages