Scariest thing...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scariest thing...
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #25
My favorite scary moment in Silent Hill was when you were in the elevator, going floor-to-floor, and then after you had explored all the floors, getting back in the elevator and seeing a new button that hadn't been there before. Just creeped me out.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #26
tRiibu Is that sarcasm? That's a real question, 'cause I like that pic for real.

And don't worry Riibu, that's something where it's easy to feel in-over-your-head, especially if there's a problem. I would be more concerned if you wouldn't want to, say, go shopping without your mum.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:22: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #27
quote:
Originally written by Aranfoolcaytar:

You'll want children some time, no? :P
At the time, I was a freshman in college, without worldly goods or means of my own. A child at that time (and I wouldn't have wanted to abort, though I support a woman's right to choose) would have seriously affected and, I believe, limited my life at the time. Also, while my partner and I at the time were pretty serious, it was a lot more of a commitment than either of us were willing to make at the time. Anyway, something I don't recommend if you can avoid it. Redundant systems are the way to go!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

My favorite scary moment in Silent Hill was when you were in the elevator, going floor-to-floor, and then after you had explored all the floors, getting back in the elevator and seeing a new button that hadn't been there before. Just creeped me out.
Either that, or when you are in the school, and the corpse falls out of the locker. That terrified me.

The fairground was also pretty creepy. The thing with Silent Hill was that it didn't shock - it unsettled. That's why I loved it so mucj more than Resident Evil. And, in honour of it, I'm gonna replay it tonight.

--------------------
"I am a living sign..."

Thus endeth this post.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #29
stranger, no. Not sarcasm. That really is a cool picture. I was serious, except for the razz of course.

Also, I really do prefer going shopping with someone and considering I've no close friends I'm with my mum. I mean, not the kind where I go to our nearest shop to buy some food, but the kind where we'll have to go farher away to buy clothes or anything like that.
Also, I have no car and it's difficult to carry big bags of stuff home with just a bicycle, so.. handy excuse. ^^

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:21: Message edited by: Neito Psykopatus ]

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #30
I couldn't tell, I thought maybe you were making a subtle comment about the guys at your school who are tutors.

But, but, the mystery continues... What do you say in your movie? Riibu?

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:47: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #31
I have always been afraid of being trapped and not being able to move/move quickly. At the beginning of summer I went on vacation with my parents and at one point we were on a tour bus that was so crowded we couldn't get off at our stop or move easily. It freaked me out.

I'm also terrified of the little happy animated movies my parents forced me to watch as a little kid.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #32
I know exactly the movies you mean. I watch them for laughs, but I'm always looking for one particular movie I can remember watching - it's one of my earliest memories, I just never seem to be able to find it.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 06:50: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------

Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #33
Oh, now I understand what you mean by 'my movie'. Right. Here. I forgot about that, and anyway this is kinda the wrong the topic... Unless the rampant Finnish is scary to you. :P

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Apprentice
Member # 6157
Profile #34
I've always been afraid of waking up and not being able to move ever since a trip I went on once where our car was so crammed full of stuff when I took a nap and woke up I couldn't move. And also I'm afriad of ALL needles, most things that can sting and the poison of snakes and spiders (though for some reason I love snakes and spiders).
I can't stand zombies, but I love killing them. I could never beat Silent Hill, while horror movies never have an effect on me I hate being in control of the person. Silent Hill is just too creepy for me.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 09:40: Message edited by: Murdered By Dark Wyrms ]

--------------------
Me+Dark Wyrms=Pwned
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #35
Pokey, pointy, thin, undetectable, ripping and rupturing in the event that you bump them, needles. Nasty stuff, they are.

And people who don't make sounds when they move. Scary. 'Cause they could be RIGHT BEHIND YOU!

--------------------
I HAVE LOCATED MY CAPS LOCK KEY AND FEEL YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #36
Free climbing a 80 foot cliff in Maine. I had asked a guy at the bottom how that particular ascent was, and he said he had done it yesterday. So I got stuck with no way up about 20 feet from the top. Eventually I reached another grip about 5 feet away, but had to basically jump to get there. Easy from there, but when I got up to the flat on top the guy's climbing partner was horrified at what I had just done. Apparently the guy at the bottom had used ropes and had failed (peeled away from the rocks) three times before making the same manuveur I had done. Several beers later I managed to stop shaking and that was it for me on the whole climbing without safety ropes thing.

Never been scared by a video game, real life is the real thing.

*this message sponsored by the carabiner*
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #37
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

quote:
Originally written by Marlenny:

Damn Ash, that was pretty harsh. My parents used to scare me all the time, but it had more to do with sending me to live with my aunt than to skin me alive.
Don't imagine my old man is a monster, he's a really good bloke. Thing is, his own father wasn't much fun to grow up around, so he made sure he didn't do any of the stuff that he hated when he was a kid. He never got angry and delivered a boot up the backside, he'd tell us what the rules were, what the punishment was if we broke them, and carried out those punishments calmly and consistently. He used to get told stuff like "I wish I'd hit you on the head with a hammer when you were born," so he made sure he didn't say things he didn't mean. All very admirable, but the side effect was that one day when things had been going badly and he was in a bad mood he said something carelessly and terrified me out of my eight year old mind. :)

It was six years before my parents realized that the reason I was so upset was that I thought he'd actually meant it.

I think I get your point now. My grand parents did things to my parents that are just plain crazy. My grandma used to grab my mom by her hair and hit her agaisnt the wall, and I won't even get started on how my grandpa treated my dad. I'm just thankful I was born in this generation (though being tough with kids is not always a bad thing). Both of my parents had me at a young age, so they've never treated me bad and hardly scared me.

To Drew: the pregnacy scare has to be one of the worst. I remember when my best friend first thought she was pregnant and how scare we were (me and her). You start to think about all these possibilities and changes in your life, and it's just crazy. Nevertheles, in her case she was pregnant, and now i'm the proudly god mother of the cute baby girl in the picture thread. I guess it all works out in the end, but it's def scary to be in that position.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #38
Oi, I was nine and I watched "Signs" and then I went to sleep in a storm and I kept hearing strange noises and I got no sleep because I was up all night with glasses of water cluthing them and glancing around whenever I heard something.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #39
My scariest moment, or one of them, was when I was watching a 3d movie about dinosaurs, when I was about 7 or so. I kept taking the glasses off because it was so scary.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #40
"The greatest fear is fear itself"

Though everyone has some sort of phobia or thing that has scared them in either a fictional world (video games, dreams, etc...) or reality, being scared or fearing something is usually caused by the unknown variables surrounding that situation. If you are unsure of something or you've experienced something scary first hand, it causes a sense of having an unknown void. I think it's the sense of uncertaininty and "ill-being" that causes things to scare us.

For example, It's like when some people are scared of water for the first time when they swim, because they are unsure of the water or are scared of drowning. If the person, over time, learns to swim and becomes accustomed to water, that person starts to overcome that fear, since the unknown variables are not a void mystery anymore.

If there truly is a "fearless" person around here, I'd like to hear about it. It appears that everyone who has replied here has a phobia or has experienced a scary thing.

EDIT: In my lifetime, I have yet to find or know such a person who fears nothing and that the world fears him/her instead, other than the common assumption of being God; I mean a fearless mortal/human.

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:34: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by stranger:

But not until you're ready, it's such a huge step to take.

EDIT: Scariest thing I've seen today: IMAGE(http://i.mugglenet.com/gothtrio.jpg)
I like it tho.

They remind me of Harry Potter and Herminone. I don't recognize the one on the right (and can't quite accept he/she's probably supposed to be Ron).

[ Tuesday, August 02, 2005 12:37: Message edited by: Aranfoolcaytar ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #42
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

quote:

You'll want children some time, no? :P
At the time, I was a freshman in college, without worldly goods or means of my own. A child at that time (and I wouldn't have wanted to abort, though I support a woman's right to choose) would have seriously affected and, I believe, limited my life at the time. Also, while my partner and I at the time were pretty serious, it was a lot more of a commitment than either of us were willing to make at the time. Anyway, something I don't recommend if you can avoid it. Redundant systems are the way to go!

Oh, that's different. I thought it would be more recent.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #43
I've got a strong fear of heights, and the most fearful moment of my life was almost certainly the first time I reached the very top of a tall roller coaster on a visit to Six Flags (an amusement park) back in middle school. This particular coaster was designed in such a way that it would pause for a moment at the very top of its ascent before dropping its passengers into the abyss. I recall the growing trepidation in my mind during the ascent, dramatically replaced by utter shock and fear at the drop that awaited me. I'm still mortally afraid of roller coasters even now, but as I've gotten a bit more used to them the fear is less overpowering.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Pretty much anything involving spiders. I was putting on a shirt one time, and there was a spider in it. Needless to say I freaked out. Spiders are the only things that really do that to me, for some reason.
Me too, but under slightly different circumstances.

One of my most scary moments was definitely when I tried to play Unreal Tournament when I was 6. All that gore just made me run away screaming. :)

And another was when I was very small and I went to bed, and pulled the sheets up and curled up. And then I felt something climbing up my leg and I threw the sheets back and saw a stag-beetle on my leg. I can tell you that I totally freaked out

But when I was most scared was when I went paragliding for the first time. I was with an instructor, naturally, so I thought everything would be OK but then I found out I had vertigo. It was terrible to find out I had vertigo just after having jumped off a 500-metre-high cliff and going down rather slowly. It took all my self-control just to close my eyes and wait until we landed. I was scared stiff all the way down.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #45
The movie Arachnophobia was also pretty bad, though it featured John Goodman.
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by riibu:

the rampant Finnish is scary to you
Yes, it was reassuring to look up the translation, thank you :) . As I am an only-Enlish speaker, well, you could have been saying anything. *Ha* When I first randomly opened the movie, I thought you were speaking in tongues... "Rampant" is the perfect word to describe it.

quote:

They remind me of Harry Potter and Herminone. I don't recognize the one on the right (and can't quite accept he/she's probably supposed to be Ron).
Uhhh... unless you are a very good straight man, I don't understand what you just said. Is that really you? You double posted, yet you have the right member #...

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 04:04: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #47
What does that have to do with sexuality? I was saying that if the person on the right is Ron, then he looks like a girl.

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 05:51: Message edited by: Aranfoolcaytar ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #48
*looks right* *looks left* What?

That is a Photoshop edit of pictures of the three main characters from the HP movies.

In many comedy duos, they often tell jokes in different ways for contrast (would juxtaposition be the right word here?): a clown and a straight guy (ie with a straight face).

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 04:23: Message edited by: stranger ]

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #49
Linguistic communication failure, I guess one might call it. :P

[ Wednesday, August 03, 2005 05:53: Message edited by: Aranfoolcaytar ]

--------------------

Pages