London Bombings

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: London Bombings
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #0
I don't know if all of you have heard yet, but there was a terrorist attak on London, England this morning, with bombs on tube trains and buses. There are a number of dead and wounded. I would like to express my condolences to any other Londoners on these boards that may have been affected by this.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #1
Why have there been bombing going on? Terrorists usually have a (mostly religious/political) reason, so... what was it all about now? Hopefully these fellonies are done for a reason and not for inane sadism or hate.

As the intellectual person I have to add a quote as well:
quote:
"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks." -Mary Wollonstonecraft
EDIT: Added quotation marks.

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 03:24: Message edited by: Eagle, the author soul ]

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #2
Well my guess is they're bombing us because no-one likes the English. Also, we've just got the Olympics, and 6000 of our police have been sent to Scotland to police the G8 summit so London is a very easy target right now. Luckily I start work later or it could have been me. I was in 3 of the affected areas just yesterday.

--------------------
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the chips fall where they may.
Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #3
My condolences to Londoners. If I'd gone ahead with my travel plans, I would have been at King Cross Station (one of the underground stations affected by the blasts) on my way home from London at a similar time to the bombs going off. I consider myself very lucky to have avoided these awful events.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #4
My thoughts go out to the Londoners as well.

Eagle, there's no justifiable reason or rationale for bombing innocent people.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #5
My condolences to anyone who was disadvantaged by this attack.

That is all. I will now restrain myself from posting anything else in this topic in order not to say something insensitive. Hopefully, I did not do so already.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #6
I believe what Eagle meant, that is a bombing with no apparent reasoning behind it would be much more frightening...although that is what they all seem to be to me...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Warrior
Member # 26
Profile #7
My condolences as well.

Even with all the police out for G8, the attack must have been planned long before, probably without knowledge of London 'letting her guard down' so to speak.

But they certainly picked easy targets, anyway. How sad. Is this Britains first direct attack?

--------------------
Not a signature
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
Yeah. I know. I've been keeping up to date all day.

LATEST NEWS:

10 confirmed Dead,
150 and rising in hospital, a good fifth in intensive...
London and surrounding areas Sealed off
They're calling in Emergency Services from all over the Country. (You only get an ambulance now if you're situation's lethal) {Prank callers will be dealt with SEVERELY}
And that was at 2:55 GMT. It's 3:52 over here in England now.
London is in total chaos.

My School's thinking of calling off their London trip and everything.

QUESTION:

Were we prepared?

(I think I'll start a topic on this...)

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #9
London's in chaos, because neither Underground nor buses are running, which is a wise precaution, just in case. Away from that, you've had blasts before. Not on this scale, but a lot of them, back in the eighties. From what I remember, your police was very efficient in dealing with this kind of threat.

--------------------
Polaris
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Arrian:

But they certainly picked easy targets, anyway. How sad. Is this Britains first direct attack?
By Islamicists or in general? London does unfortunately have a history of dealing with IRA attacks.
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #11
My condolences to all Londoners.

CNN says that the bombing was in retaliation to the war in Iraq by a currently unknown terrorist group, but they were being somewhat vague.

--------------------
Nena
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Dolphin.:

My condolences to all Londoners.

CNN says that the bombing was in retaliation to the war in Iraq by a currently unknown terrorist group, but they were being somewhat vague.

There's a link to that HERE .

Though as I said there, I could probably fake something like that using a public internet booth in plymouth high street (or anywhere else).

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 26
Profile #13
I meant Islamics, but that's the same thing, methinks. Still terrorism.

--------------------
Not a signature
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #14
My condolences and my prayers.

It is very sad when any group decides that the best way to get what they want is to kill as many 'enemies' as they can.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #15
Apparently it's an Al- Queda splinter group, operating in Europe. (Link to the Madrid bombings?) Here in England, everyone's going crazy. Thankfully I wasn't in London, but my heart goes out to all those affected.

So far, 33 have been confirmed dead. Hundreds, if not thousands are injured. Lets hope the b*stards who carry out these atrocities are brought to justice. How long can we let them terrorise not just England, but the entire world?

They must have planned it long ago - we've known the location of G8 was in Scotland for a long time - and London was at it's weakest. They must have known that.

Thankfully, our emergency services worked miracles - they were there in under 5 minutes, according to the BBC. They doubtlessly saved many lives.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #16
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

Thankfully, our emergency services worked miracles - they were there in under 5 minutes, according to the BBC. They doubtlessly saved many lives.
I know. My brother's friends dad's a Police Officer stationed in London. Apparently, he rang my brother's friends mum around 3 minutes after the explosion, said "I'm fine" and hung up the phone. Then he was (still is probably), saving people's lives out there.

Did you see what they said they'd do to any prank callers at the moment?

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #17
My condolences to our friends in England that have been affected by this latest bombing. Fear is contagious, so I extend those feelings of warmth to everyone that lives in a large city and depends on public transportation. As Andrew noted, suicide bombers are difficult to detect, and the fear of this happening elsewhere can impact people all around the world.

As much as it seems contrary, don't let them win by making you display the fear. Whoever is ultimately responsible is definitely watching CNN, and wants to see people scurrying around in fear. That is the payoff for them. Certainly be vigilant and alert, and ensure the safety of your surroundings as best you can, but do not let them succeed in creating terror.

*this message is in support of the free world*
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #18
No offence, but I think they'd be watching the BBC (British Broadcasting Service) rather than CNN, as it happened over here in Britain.

Anyway, that is all.

I'll find out tomorrow if my friend from school's dads okay (she said that he was in London)...

- Archmagus Micael

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 08:20: Message edited by: Archmagus Micael ]

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #19
This is all very unfortunate, and I extend my sympathies to the people of London. Hopefully life as usual will resume as soon as possible in the city, and that peace of mind will return quickly to the minds of those affected.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #20
Awful. I just saw it on TV this morning. A possibly Al-Quaeda-related site has already confirmed they are behind this. They're threatening Denmark and Italy as well, and everyone currently in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Here in Landshut, we have one visitor who lives quite close to there, and who is already wondering how to get back to London next week (she's going to Liverpool Station, which was one of those bombed).

They say there are 33 definitely dead now, and there might be much more. Ouch. Condolences to anyone there right now, and I hope nobody here lost any relatives/friends. :(

[ Thursday, July 07, 2005 09:09: Message edited by: Arancaytar. You Owe it to the Door. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #21
I'm very sorry about what happened in London. Any deaths are too many.

I'm afraid of the prospect of an anti-Muslim or anti-American backlash in the wake of these attacks. How's the track record on that sort of thing?

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #22
My family and I vacationed in Britain several years ago and had the time of our lives. I loved London in particular, and it makes me seething mad and sick to my stomach to think of the people there being terrorized and killed.

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Agent
Member # 366
Profile #23
I live and work in London and have been watching news all day. It's 10pm now and I've just got home. Over 30 people are confirmed dead, but buses are running into central London again although the Tube will be closed overnight for full track checks everywhere. Avoid London unless absolutely necessary, not so much because of the risks, but because of the congestion. An Al - Queda group are claiming responsibility but nothing has been confirmed as yet.
www.bbc.co.uk has excellent information on everything, and a helpline has been set up for people looking to trace friends or relatives.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #24
My sincere condolences.

A man from my city was over in London, and got off the train just minutes before the bombings. It looks like it is extremely congested and chaotic over there. I hope no-one from these boards was injured. 38 confirmed dead, as of 30 minutes ago.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.

Pages