Karma and Bush, and also the WTC

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Karma and Bush, and also the WTC
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Guys,

Considering that this Topic's changed somewhat into a Bush Karma discussion, I've re-named it.

I've now re-renamed it into the Karma and Bush, and also the WTC Topic, since we've meandered into that direction.

- Archmagi Micael

[ Saturday, June 04, 2005 01:55: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Exile?" - Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Proof of Richard Black's existance:
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #1
There is not.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #2
Speaking of karma:

Last night around midnight somebody's car alarm kept going off outside our apartment. It was a block or two away, but really loud -- that siren sequence -- and it was going off continuously for over half an hour.

It was raining, but I wanted to track down the car and at least leave a nasty note for the owner. So I wrote a restrained angry screed, threatening wrecking bars on the next offense, and sealed it in a ziploc bag. I hiked out to the shrieking car and put the bagged note under a wiperblade. Then for good measure I gave the side of the car one moderate kick, and tried both driver-side door handles.

The car finished that alarm sequence and stopped.

If I had any idea why my actions shut the car up, I'd be proud of the results of my initiative. As it is I'm spooked, though I slept a lot better just being spooked than I would have listening to that alarm all night.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #3
if i was in your place i probibly would of skiped the note writing and would of put some holes in it with my Glock
p.s. on the karma subject, is it possible to change your signeture and personal info?

[ Wednesday, May 25, 2005 11:09: Message edited by: shadow, the ]

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #4
A nail and a hammer works fine on tires and it is quiet too.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #5
Yes, you can change all kinds of things by clicking on "my profile" in the upper right hand corner, then click "View/Update Profile."

—Alorael, who firmly believes that all car alarms are actually operated by trapped malicious poltergeists. There's no other explanation for them, and they certainly don't do anyone any good.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #6
What do car tyres have to do with the alarm?

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #7
This is why I thought my little episode had something to do with karma. My restrained response mysteriously had the optimal effect.

--------------------
It is not enough to discover how things seem to seem. We must discover how things really seem.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
You kick a tire in hopes of setting off an alarm. :P Whatever.

Man, I love topics about karma. Mine was never above 2 stars, anyway.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #9
At least u managed to shut the car up. It should be good enough
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:

... I was wondering if there was a way (I can't find one), to change the Karma you rated other people as.
:) You could open a new account and rate them again.

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Warrior
Member # 5822
Profile #11
you could make another account and rate yourself

--------------------
who knows what darkness lurks in the hearts of men? the shadow knows
ninjas are so better than pirates
homerun
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #12
Rating people with two accounts is cheating, board style. However, I'll bet I've been the victim of that many times, especially with people like Djur. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Warrior
Member # 5523
Profile #13
yup, karmas fun; I used to have 4 stars before I started pissing everyone off.

--------------------
“Medicine, Law, Business, Engineering - These are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But Poetry, Beauty, Romance, Love-These are what we alive stay for.”
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #14
It was the politics thread we had just before the elections that killed my karma. It was me and GIFTS (anyone remember him?) vs. everyone else. We supported Bush, while they supported Kerry, and everyone has hated me since, because I just don't seem to agree with anyone else on anything. :P

--------------------
-ben4808

CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #15
I think mine is pretty high, I don't know who i was nice to, but thanks :)

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Shock Trooper
Member # 5585
Profile #16
Hmm. I was sure my karma was 3, and I had two votes. My karma is 2, and I still have 2 votes. Is there something that changes karma without having to have someone vote, or is my memory just malfunctioning?

--------------------
Important Information about Stuff
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #17
My karma was 3 once but when I mentioned it, it dropped down to 2. But, I do not really care about karma, total post rate and such things; I just want to talk (post) a little (a lot).

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #18
My karma started out as a 1, not that I care much about it. Thanks a lot TM :P

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #19
Notice: Djur (or was that Imban?) has adopted a policy of rating all people "1" who start a thread or make a post about Karma. I can post here confident in the knowledge he has already done this for me, but anyone else, new members especially, should take note. ;)

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #20
quote:
Originally written by 4.808 x 10^3:

It was the politics thread we had just before the elections that killed my karma. It was me and GIFTS (anyone remember him?) vs. everyone else. We supported Bush, while they supported Kerry, and everyone has hated me since, because I just don't seem to agree with anyone else on anything. :P
5 karma for you ;) go Bush :D

ha ha ha he won ha ha

--------------------
Why are you reading this ?
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #21
...and one karma for you! Go sense.
Warrior
Member # 4590
Profile #22
quote:
5 karma for you [Wink] go Bush [Big Grin]

ha ha ha he won ha ha
Bush is great! He's actually pretty smart, despite what people say, although he can be a little dopy, sometimes, but it's no worse than peoples' parents' dopyness. Not the best public speaker, though. Although, I have to admit, that despite being a very smart person, I would not do nearly as good of a job speaking as he does.

And he can fly a fighter jet, how awesome is that? Flying a jet isn't something easy to do, either, for one, they don't let any random person hop in a multi-million dollar fighter jet that you can blow into pieces if you aren't careful. You know, it's not like driving a bus. And this way, when the aliens invade, he can fly a fighter jet to attack the alien ships, while someone else uses their mac laptop to upload a virus into their computers. :D

--------------------
I often quote myself. It adds spice to my conversation.
- George Bernard Shaw
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #23
I wish I could change my karma vote about Hawk *sigh*.He is getting quite annoying since I voted. :(

PS: Why does he like President George Shrub? :P

That was only to make a laugh. ;)

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #24
I have a vexatious urge to express my loathing towards Bush' injudicious supporters, but - I've said too much already.

Please, don't obligate the moderators to lock this thread. Moral issues such as these have no beneficial result, but often cause much anger.

[ Friday, May 27, 2005 06:35: Message edited by: Mind ]

Pages