Team America: World Police

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Team America: World Police
Infiltrator
Member # 3040
Profile #0
I just saw Team America: World Police by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, and I was wondering if any of you have seen it and what your opinion of it is.

I thought it was very funny, even if it was a little biased against liberal actors in Hollywood. It did bash American policy quite a bit, though.

So... reactions? comments?

--------------------
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #1
When I hear the debate team's 'libertarian' Bushie say that the directors of something which is supposed to be satirical have an uncomfortably right-wing bias, I tend to pass.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Warrior
Member # 5086
Profile Homepage #2
I saw it, and while it was funny in parts, there is no way I could have actually enjoyed the mind numbing humor (except for the part about dicks and ***holes and all that) unless I was stoned and drunk. It was not worth my 8.50 and I want my two hours back.

--------------------
I love stupid people acting smart...
Apprentice
Member # 4989
Profile #3
sounds like my kind of movie.
Apprentice
Member # 5009
Profile #4
Not on topic but that show is a rip off of Thunderbirds (The original not that other stupid remake with kids)

--------------------
Post count 446 + Current.
--------------------
I am Dolney, A guy with some level of grammar and The rightful owner of 5000.
--------------------
"Well, to be perfectly honest, I'd rather watch grainy video of cheerleaders being introduced to lesbianism." -Jeff Vogel
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #5
What, South Park?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #6
AMERICA! F*** YEAH!

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #7
I've seen the trailer and it looks pretty funny. When it comes out in NZ I'll have to see.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #8
I want to see it. It can't be worst that Fareinhieght 9/11. I hate Micheal Moore.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ignignok
Warrior
Member # 5091
Profile #9
I know! His ability to spell and construct coherent sentences must be devastating to you.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #10
This movie is something which I'll wait a long time to see. It is not something which looks like it would be worth seeing in the theater. When I can rent it for free from a public library I'll watch it. This way I can turn it off after five minutes if it sucks. :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
There is a remarkably small intersect between the set of all people who criticize Moore and the set of all those who can spell Fahrenheit. Why is that?

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #12
And why do Republicans like saying how much they hate him? I'm guessing they're realizing their mistake voting for Bush and they automatically decide to hate everyone who shows them how big a mistake it was, so they don't lose face.

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
Well, Nico, he is a jerk. He's right half the time, but he's still an abrasive, obnoxious, loudmouth jerk.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #14
And why do Democrats like saying how much they hate Ann Coulter? I'm guessing they're realizing their mistaken beliefs and they automatically decide to hate everyone who shows them how big a mistake they made, so they don't lose face.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #15
It's sad that in our current political climate, statements like that need to be followed by "Disclaimer: I am not a Republican".

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #16
Dems detest Ann Coulter because they know she's wrong and yet people buy into what she says - kind of the same thing as hating Hitler. Also on account of the awful leather top she's wearing on the cover of her latest. :P
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #17
Ooooooh, you guys should'a heard Rush Limbaugh rant about that piece of c*** movie. :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shock Trooper
Member # 2123
Profile #18
I thought Micheal Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 as a very well put together movie. It was ont of the most biased thing I've ever seen but it was still funny.

Anyone seen Supersize me? I'm done eating at McD's or any other big fast food place for that matter.

--------------------
With his last breath he took in more power then any Guardian could hold, then with a scream of pain and furry he unleashed it all to form a barrier betwen the Mantia and the Darkness.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by 4614 and 4808:

Ooooooh, you guys should'a heard Rush Limbaugh rant about that piece of c*** movie. :D
Yeah, that busted pain killer addict sure showed Michael Moore! Rush Limbaugh - now there's a great role model! :rolleyes: Seriously, how does this guy have any credibility left? Maybe I'll become a successful conservative pundit too - all you have to do apparently is spout out blistering and unfounded hateful right wing diatribe, no matter what sort of lifestyle you've led previously.

[ Wednesday, October 20, 2004 06:40: Message edited by: Andrew Miller ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #20
On the plus side, he joins Bill Clinton and Beat Takeshi as part of the elite group of people whose names are appropriate instructions on how to deal with them.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #21
He's also the only major political commentator on record as having ethnically slurred a caller, but that was early in his career so it doesn't count.

Really, I don't much like Moore either. He's sorta like the anti-Limbaugh. So here's the question: why is it that even most Democrats don't like Moore-types, and yet most Republicans just eat the garbage that spews from Limbaugh's mouth right up?

If we're on political pundits, my personal favorite in the left-wing mainstream (well, besides Garrison Keillor, whose political affiliation -- or, indeed, the fact that he's still alive -- remains unknown to most) is Al Franken. He's a bit of a Clintonphile for my tastes, but otherwise I'm fond of him and his work.

[ Wednesday, October 20, 2004 13:48: Message edited by: Fear Uncertainty and Custer ]

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #22
Oh, Rush Limbaugh's a cool man. My dad listens to him whenever he gets a chance, and I do too sometimes. He's not that mean to his callers; not as mean as Sean Hannady, anyway. Liberals don't stay on the line very long there. :D

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #23
Heh- I enjoyed listening to that junk too- Not Rush but Sean Hannedy and Savage and stuff- But that was really only to keep myself awake on long commutes home from school. What they say is rarely sensible and often quite stupid- but still it is amusing if not really informative. It is kind of like reading the fake news papers.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by 4614 and 4808:

Oh, Rush Limbaugh's a cool man. He's hopped up on more drugs than the Toxic Twins and refuses to address anything that calls his beliefs into question but Hannedy's cooler cause he hates librals more. :D
fyt

--------------------
人 た ち を 燃 え る た め に 俺 は か れ ら に 火 を 上 げ る か ら 死 ん だ
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages