Team America: World Police

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Team America: World Police
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #50
blame the spammer.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #51
Ohlala, guys, you're pure evil !

Okay Spartan makes a wrong post, but it's his first one... And you want him to die in suffering...
Isn't it kind of rude ?

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Apprentice
Member # 5431
Profile #52
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

To elaborate on the above two replies, I doubt that that site's given out a single free iPod.
Oh, no, it really does work and it is perfectly legal and it is not a matrix scheme at all and they do not have a disclaimer saying that they reserve the right to not send you an Ipod even if you complete the offers and I got my free Ipod yesterday and it works great and if you want to try it you can go to my referal link and get sucked into the scheme yourself. By the way, I happen to be from Nigeria, and I need your help transfering some funds....just give me all your bank information so I can do so.

Blaspheme: He SPAMMED, and he resurrected a dead topic in the same post! Murder is a lesser crime! Killing's too good for him!

Don't feel too bad for Spartan. Spartan is just a throwaway account that he made for the sake of advertisement, I'm willing to bet. I doubt there will be any desirable posts from it, if he ever posts again.

So, who wants to email Gratis and dash Spartan's hopes of ever getting an Ipod for free? Apperantly he didn't read the terms of service on their site, which states that mass-posting and posting referals where they aren't welcome results in account suspension...a part of the terms of service which I really enjoy using, maybe even more than outwars policy.

[ Wednesday, February 16, 2005 19:03: Message edited by: Aluion ]

--------------------
People with signature fixation will not know who this is.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #53
quote:
Originally written by Blaspheme:

Ohlala, guys, you're pure evil !

Okay Spartan makes a wrong post, but it's his first one... And you want him to die in suffering...
Isn't it kind of rude ?

nope... it's actually common courtesy, for reasons that Alu already stated.

--------------------
Polaris - Weather balloons, ninjas, and your big daddy Wise Man. What more could you want?
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 4484
Profile #54
Okay, I wasn't aware about spamming... :)
But I actually don't understand why is it for ?
Begin a war ? Just be banned ? Make you guys angry ?

--------------------
"Il est interdit de se battre sur le Champ du Massacre; dit-il avant de marquer une pause, le temps de reflechir a la logique de ses propos."

Discworld, The Colour of Magic
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #55
In this case, spamming was done in the hopes of inciting some of our arguably existant supply of retards to visit his page. Filling channels of communication with noise to further his own goals.

It's not as bad as starting a war, but it's still despicable.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #56
Actually, I've read that freeipods.com is legit. The deal is that everytime they give away a free iPod, they lose money. What they bank on is that no one will be able to fulfill the requirements all the way. So far, it seems to be a sustainable business model.

I agree though, this topic was long dead, and should remain so.
Apprentice
Member # 5431
Profile #57
quote:
Originally written by Andrew Miller:

Actually, I've read that freeipods.com is legit. The deal is that everytime they give away a free iPod, they lose money. What they bank on is that no one will be able to fulfill the requirements all the way. So far, it seems to be a sustainable business model.

I agree though, this topic was long dead, and should remain so.

It is legit, and it is legal, but it is still a Matrix Scheme, which is only different from the illegal pyramid schemes in that it uses items instead of money. Matrix schemes should probably be declared illegal as well. I fail to see the difference.

quote:
From Their TOS
(a) Gratis Internet does not guarantee that a user will receive credit for an offer. We reserve the right to refuse crediting a user for offer completion for a variety of reasons, including, but not limited to, lack of appropriate information, improper sign-up method, improper browser settings, and/or a history of manual credits. Manual credits are offers that are credited through emailing confirmation of completion.

It is currently a Monday! No credit for you!

quote:

(a) Gratis Internet reserves the right to screen all referrals for signs of fraud. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine which referrals are fraudulent, and to not disclose the reasoning behind this decision.

I believe you are a fraud because...oh wait, I don't have to tell you, but I'm still suspending your account!

quote:

(g) Any other reason or a combination of reasons at the sole discretion of Gratis Internet.

...Do I even need to comment on this one?

[ Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:54: Message edited by: Aluion ]

--------------------
People with signature fixation will not know who this is.
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #58
I don't get this.

Is this basically a completely random act, pick the first dead topic that Spartan happened to see to resurrect and plant a completely, absolutely, fantastic site that, to my discernible eye seems fine and dandy. In fact I'm going to go down there right now and use my credit card (which, by the way if I exceed the max by even a penny I can't ever use it again, and in this country we've got an Control of Exchange so I've got limited dollars I can spend.
(there's supposed to be a question mark above somewhere)

Is Spartan a member who created that profile just for the sake of riling people up and just happened to choose this thread for no other reason that it is the one he picked?

If he is a new member, why in the name of all the hopping mutant three eyed toads hidden below Bush's mattress did he do it?!?!?!

Why, Spartan, why? Answer! Please! I beseech you!

One hundred and thirty three new born babies beg you to do it or else they will grow up to be complete morons and tip the delicate balance in the world!

The entire Congregation of Mono Winged Crickets pleads your mercy! Answer them or watch calmly and aloofly as they all stop doing the cacophonious music causing sewage geysers to erupt under every other toilet in the world!

Please!

Oh, man. I'm confused now.

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)

Pages