Wedding= Off.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Wedding= Off.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #0
For those of you that know me, or for those of you that care... my wedding (which was supposed to be tomorrow, Wednesday, June 30.), is off. She left.

Needless to say... I'm speechless.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #1
I'm so sorry to hear that, I really am. I suppose the only good thing that can be read from this is that it might save you from wasting time with the wrong person.

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #2
What reason did she give, Demonslayer?

--------------------
Polaris
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #3
Ahh... sorry to hear it. But, as dampeoples said, it's good that she decided to leave now and not sometime after tomorrow. Good luck with... whatever you need good luck for.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #4
I've never really heard of women fleeing weddings before.

This... Wow, I'm surprised.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 1856
Profile Homepage #5
wow....

To put it simply...

That sucks. Sorry man.

--------------------
Please visit the RP Paridise. rgf-network!

The chance of someone looking at you is directly proportonal to the stupidity of your act.

The idea is not to give your life for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.
Warrior
Member # 4478
Profile Homepage #7
How awful. I'm sorry. Were you having problems, or is this out of nowhere?

[ Wednesday, June 30, 2004 05:00: Message edited by: Detta ]
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #8
I have no earthly idea. I certainly had no problems, but apparently there was something she didn't tell me. Looks like I'll be making my trip to Scotland by myself.

--------------------
The critics agree!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
BANNED
Member # 4623
Profile Homepage #9
What CyberWold said..

That sucks. :(

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Warrior
Member # 4478
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by The Demonslayer:

I have no earthly idea. I certainly had no problems, but apparently there was something she didn't tell me. Looks like I'll be making my trip to Scotland by myself.
Wow, blindsided. That's a shame.

You should take a good female friend with you. That'll make you feel better. Good chicks tend to do that.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #11
I think that she owes you honesty. Even if that might mean to talk about things that add to your pain. She owes you honesty to avoid damage. If you do not solve this riddle now, you may find it difficult to believe in the reality of any relationship that is yet to come, and may find it hard to trust. Whoever could help you to make her open up, get such a person's support.

--------------------
Polaris
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #12
Well... that's probably the problem. We've been together since the 8th grade. Regardless, I'm leaving for Scotland today, so I won't be back for like a month. Thanks everyone for the support, perhaps things will turn out better in the end. I took what was said into mind, but I couldn't find anyone to go with me on such a short notice. However, I think this trip might be good for me to do by myself. I'll get a chance to just think about everything, and see what I'm gunna do next in my life. Hasta luego.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Warrior
Member # 4478
Profile Homepage #13
I woulda went. ;) :P
Warrior
Member # 4414
Profile Homepage #14
Wow...that's just horrible. I can't stand when people pull stunts like that. If you see this before you leave: I wish you the best.

--------------------
AIM/Yahoo IM: Cavanoskus

Scary artwork and Bad Poetry
The Wildlife Research Team
SnakeNetMetalRadio

"We, who are about to die, salute you."
Lifecrafter
Member # 59
Profile #15
Perhaps she found a guy with a more expensive car... ;)

Nah, some people just can't make up their minds.
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #16
Bad timing. :mad: But maybe it was the right thing. Just talk with her, she owes you an explanation. Just don't keep yourself wondering why.

BTW, the one that it is for you is still out there, so don't be sad. You didn't lost anything, just got rid of someone that couldn't give you the love you would expect. ;)

(Tell me how are the scottish girls, when you return. :cool: )

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #17
Well I came home early. There was very little to do, and I managed to see just about everything while I was there. It's nice to see the homeland.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #18
:) Welcome back, Demonslayer.
I don't believe you one word of "seeing about everything". I rather believe, you saw nothing because you still think about the broken marriage. Did you find out, what happened? Could you talk already with your fiancee about the situation?

I once made a boorish comment about your marriage and of course it turned over in my mind. And I came to some questions:
1. Whose idea was it to marry? Who was forcing the idea?
2. Was she your first girl-friend? Have you been her first boy-friend?
3. Did she / did you have sexual experiences with somebody else?
4. Is it possible, that she feels too young to know what she wants?
5. Could it be, that she is afraid to lose her freedom / career / own way if she obliges for lifetime?
All this I would ask myself (and my fiancee), if I were you.
I hope you find out what happened. It's a hard time for men, nowadays.
Good luck.

--------------------
^ö^ I was a cannibal for twenty-five years. For the rest I have been a vegetarian. George Bernard Shaw
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #19
/laugh

I'll answer what I know now:
1. Well we've talked about marriage for since we joked about it as teenagers. Planning everything and stuff. I asked her, but just out of tradition. We were both confident about it for a good while.
2. Not my first, but my first that meant anything. I was her first boyfriend, however. (we've been together since 8th grade... give her a break)
3. Well I made out with a girl one time (my best friend). That's it though. I was her first kiss, and she isn't the type to cheat.
4. I doubt it. She is one of the more mature people I know.
5. Freedom: no. Career: hardly. (same job) Own way: I wouldn't think that would be possible.

I did have a short (10 minute) conversation with her on the phone while I was away. It appears that she just flipped out at the idea of marriage. Doesn't make sense to me, after being together for how many years now? She seemed apologetic about the how thing, and willing to give it a second shot. But I'm still I little dazed. And you were right about "seeing things". I didn't see ****. I was just thinking the whole time. Oh well...

--------------------
The critics agree!

Warrior
Member # 1345
Profile Homepage #20
not wanting to tell people how to go about things, but maybe you didn't need a wedding to begin with? If you have been with her since grade 8, then there's obviously something there. if your still together since that time, then maybe you just need to run down to the city hall and get that stupid piece of paper and be done with it.

i mean, at least do it for tax purposes.

seeing as i don't know if you were planning a massive cathedral based wedding or not, i can't comment much more about it. I'm sure she just got freaked out by the idea of a wedding, nothing uncommon about that :( just give her more time.

enough from me, I require my daily shot of luke warm water.

じゃ

--------------------
If that hamster croaks, we'll actually have to negotiate with the henchmen's union!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #21
"Jya"? Make way, folks, we have an otaku in the house.

--------------------
私のバラドですそしてころしたいいらればころす
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #22
"luke warm water". I needed that mental picture.

Well it's wasn't going to be a huge "cathedral" wedding, considering I renounced my Christianity and she's never even been to church.

But yea... it had a certain emotional value to it. Maybe things will turn back to normal. Seeing as I just got home, now I can find her and talk. And get some answers RAWR.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #23
The best thing is just to talk to her, sort it out, maybe some aspects of it can be painfull, but thats nesecary sometimes...
I wish you luck!

--------------------
33111-CRUSADER-4849
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #24
Hello Demonslayer!

I don't really know you, but I wanted to express my sympathies. I hope you're able to find out what happened, may not make you feel better, but maybe a reason will at least explain something, sometimes being left in the dark in such a complete way makes a bad situation even worse.
I hope your life recovers from this and your future is as good as is humanly possible.

Slainte Mhath!

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Warrior
Member # 37
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by The Demonslayer:

I did have a short (10 minute) conversation with her on the phone while I was away. It appears that she just flipped out at the idea of marriage. Doesn't make sense to me, after being together for how many years now? She seemed apologetic about the how thing, and willing to give it a second shot. But I'm still I little dazed. And you were right about "seeing things". I didn't see ****. I was just thinking the whole time. Oh well...
Though she wasn't exactly in the right to split on you without telling you anything, from what I've heard, I can sympathyze with her on the account of having cold feet when it comes to marriage. Getting hitched requires a commitment, be it of love, support, or a combination of those. Perhaps she just started thinking about everything and panic got the best of her, which reminds me a little of myself, though I haven't even considered marriage yet. Should you manage to convince her to put aside her fears and trust you, may your nupitals be blessed.

--------------------
{Tempus} jack thompson? ppl actually admire that freak?
{@Fanateeq72802} Not everyone disagrees with him.
{+iris} Someone should send him a few of the more steamy Japanese dating sim games. His head would explode.
{@Fanateeq72802} And I'd laugh. Hard.
{Tempus} im on it. brb

Pages